Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

nightwave.. opinion just dropped to the floor

-ToT-CrackCook

Although I was not expecting much for intermission,

(I only thought it would be a means to get nitain and the evergreen rewards like vauban parts and the potatoes)

But the length of the intermission concerns me, implying they don't really have thought about the season 3 if it is even ready as a concept - I hope it doesn't go the way of prime trailers now and become "not worth the effort". 

The repeated rewards from previous night waves isn't an issue according to me - but probably should be a one time purchasable item for credits instead of a milestone reward.

I am also disappointed that they put a decoration that could easily have been part of the previous milestone rewards or credit offerings or even a reward for beating the boss the first time. 

Overall I am just slightly disappointed about the length of it. 

• Like 1

Oh, how the addicts rage when they don't get their fix!

This just proves what I have been saying the entire time. The only reason anyone likes Nightwave is the rewards, because that is really all it ever has to offer. Aside from the zealot derelicts at the end of season 2, it offers absolutely nothing in terms of engaging gameplay. The only reason to do it at all is if you want the items it offers. The challenges offer no intrinsic rewards, and are not worth doing without the promise of extrinsic rewards. So if you don't like the items on offer, or you already have them, it all becomes completely pointless.

Though, it is actually nice that DE has finally proven that the older rewards do come back. It wasn't just an empty promise to quell discontent.

• Like 1

Bleh could I just give DE a bunch of plat or something to unlock the Nightwave rewards?  Gimme some Time Saver tokens, you know that its going in that direction, I'm not going to go through all those ranks just to get at the one reward that interests me, because right now Nightwave missions are boring and repetitive, most I complete without even realizing it,  Kill 100 enemies with gas damage, Use an Emote.....pick up 8 rare mods.....are you kidding me?  How about something like, Kill a X boss without taking damage" ,  or complete a void trial in X amount of minutes", or even "Find X amount of sculptures" ,  Nightwave missions are not that hard to come up with.  I have yet to see one thats archwing based.

11 hours ago, -Jorsch- said:

When I saw the nightwave rewards, my heart just sank. Having 7 of the rewards be recycled from previous nightwaves is just beyond lazy. I feel like people who actually cared about getting the previous nightwaves done are now being punished.

Oh get over yourself.

• Like 1

Personally, I think the recycled rewards should've been in the store. I haven't gotten the Eidolon ephemera last intermission, but having it be recycled along with the season 1 cosmetics is silly, imo.

I mean, giving out more creds would've been fine, new players can buy what they missed out on, old players can buy kuva or potatoes. I'm guessing they extended it solely because they need more time to focus on mainline.

4 hours ago, Teljaxx said:

Oh, how the addicts rage when they don't get their fix!

its called feedback, and most devs seek out constructive criticism. 
if you read a single part of any of this, you would have realised were arent just crying, we are explaining, giving examples, giving suggestions, discussing. Its you guys who are ignorantly defending something who are the only ones calling names and usually not bothering to give any real feedback. its like some of you dont care about the future of the game, or dont know that negative feedback can be a good thing

Edited by -ToT-CrackCook

This "Intermission" is just a Season 3 with no new content, and a friendly reminder on how the studio operates in general: they promised a replacement for the old alert system with a new one kept fresh and updated, and here we fukken are, two seasons later, basically admitting that they have not planned a third, and they see no problem in proposing to the players to play a Season 1 rehash when not even a year has passed. this game is done

Sh8S82S.jpg

I'm a new-ish player. I hit mr13 last week, my SO and I barely managed to finish kelpie by ourselves - we try to do every node by ourselves before joining with randoms because we don't like to be dragged along.

nightwave intermission 1 was our first nightwave. we couldn't do enough to get all the rewards, but it helped a lot to get some forma, free slots etc. I'm always into cosmetic items and was quite sad to miss out on the ephemera. I'm happy to have another shot at it now! but had I finished intermission 1 with all the items I'd be disappointed with the rewards from wave 2. I would have expected to see the cosmetic items for a few plat in the market instead (like 10-50 p).

arlo's nightwave was a good duration. we managed to get to rank 35 and 36. but we felt pressured to do nightwave instead of progressing the story/planets.

intermission 2 has too many levels for my taste. why not 15 like last time? I feel like that was a good number compared to the actual story telling "real" nightwave.

we are in no way capable of finishing any sorties any time soon, this should be an elite tier.

what I would like to see:

- intermissions should only include utility items like weapon slots, forma, mods that have a low drop chance from enemies, maybe even some mats (I need tellurium!) whereas the story telling episodes should have a mix of cosmetics and useful things - the episode 2 mix seemed good to me.

- intermission should be shorter than the actual nightwave. if it's too tough to come up with new stories in a short period of time, I'd be fine to have a week or two more between nightwaves.

- the cosmetic items should be added to the market every time a new episode is released. so the "wolf of saturn six" cosmetic items should pop up for plat as soon as arlo's story started (or right afterwards). that way no one would have to miss out completely on them. have a nightwave marker on them in the market, similar to tennogen items.

- please check again which quests are suited for being elite and regular. this seems to be getting better already though.

• Like 1

I'm probably going to get grief for this.

I like Nightwave.

Why? Because I'm a MR 13 player, and I can really use a LOT of what is being offered as rewards. I know Veteran players feel let down with NW, and that is understandable, they already have bunches of the rewards. I don't think DE is getting new content out fast enough for Vets though, and I feel bad for them.

This is a joke!! Why am I getting Kuva rather than a Wild Frenzy just because I already have one? This game sucks!! I wanted to sell the mod....blah blah ad nauseam

You'll never keep the wingers happy....cry cry wheres my Kuva as a reward DE? OK...here you go....WTF a few dupes in the Nightwave intermissions? screw this game...

its dull. Go outside or play something else.

4 minutes ago, PhantomZod said:

This is a joke!! Why am I getting Kuva rather than a Wild Frenzy just because I already have one? This game sucks!! I wanted to sell the mod....blah blah ad nauseam

You'll never keep the wingers happy....cry cry wheres my Kuva as a reward DE? OK...here you go....WTF a few dupes in the Nightwave intermissions? screw this game...

its dull. Go outside or play something else.

its obvious that you read nothing here. people like you who are just looking for posts to hate on are the only ones whining, your legit whining about people who are giving feedback, and your doing it for fun. that's sad kid, stay in region chat.

Personally, I think it's another example of how poorly de are able to plan their workload.

Given that S2 ended being something like 15 weeks long (can't remember for sure, may have been more) instead of the initially planned 10 and we now have an "intermission" that's as long as the main event, it's obviously just blatant padding.

Yes, I know they have a lot to work on but that's the problem really isn't it?  They have a scattergun approach which leaves them constantly struggling to complete updates within a timeframe even close to acceptable.   Nw S3 should have been in production the moment s2 dropped to make sure it was ready.  They should have planned the resources to do this in conjunction with the other projects.  It's called good time management.   

As to having duplicated rewards from s1, that's a good thing for players who didn't get them but it would have been simple to have those ranks simply give a choice so players who do have them could instead select credits.  That's not a hard thing to come up with or impliment.

Yes, it's all hands on deck for empyrean etc but nw is now a core part of the game and fobbing people off with a watered down s3 is obviously going to cause complaints. 

23 minutes ago, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

I do have many gripes but also much love. 

I've yet to see any love from you but we've been in this loop before. You say you're a person of few words, I tell you those words happen to not help things much as they aren't direct criticisms of the topic at hand (your very recent ones calling the devs lazy instead of talking about the issue with duplicate rewards). That has been the point I've been trying to get through to you for a while in the hopes that one day you'll realize "hey, maybe I should try to have a discussion on what I'm not enjoying instead of dropping a one liner on how bad the devs are any chance I get." That's the impression you have been giving.

Unless you're like me and realize that having a discussion here is a lost cause in which case pull up a seat and watch things burn.

Now to be somewhat on topic, I rather not have duplicates and want to see those get converted to something useful, like creds, endo or kuva. Mainly because I have some duplicate cosmetics from accidental crafting in the past and I can't do a thing about them. It's a little annoying and I wish I could break those down.

2 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

I've yet to see any love from you but we've been in this loop before. You say you're a person of few words, I tell you those words happen to not help things much as they aren't direct criticisms of the topic at hand (your very recent ones calling the devs lazy instead of talking about the issue with duplicate rewards). That has been the point I've been trying to get through to you for a while in the hopes that one day you'll realize "hey, maybe I should try to have a discussion on what I'm not enjoying instead of dropping a one liner on how bad the devs are any chance I get." That's the impression you have been giving.

Unless you're like me and realize that having a discussion here is a lost cause in which case pull up a seat and watch things burn.

Now to be somewhat on topic, I rather not have duplicates and want to see those get converted to something useful, like creds, endo or kuva. Mainly because I have some duplicate cosmetics from accidental crafting in the past and I can't do a thing about them. It's a little annoying and I wish I could break those down.

Me and you seem to disagree on a lot of things that we agree on. You just have a different way of verbalizing them

4 hours ago, -ToT-CrackCook said:

its called feedback, and most devs seek out constructive criticism. 

I hear feedback all the time in meetings when people with minimal understanding of things cause mic/speaker loops resulting in eventual screeching mess where everyone hits mute on them and shuts off their speakers.   The feedback on NW feels much the same.  

Not all feedback is useful or desirable...but it seems you think so.  

Edited by Chappie1975