Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

nightwave.. opinion just dropped to the floor

-ToT-CrackCook

Gonna be the first here and drag up an old horse... "we should still have alerts" ! In conjunction with NW sure fine whatever, but the main arguement was about having to watch some 3rd party app and the chance someone might mis something like orokin reactors or catalysts...

Today there was an invasion that rewarded a reactor, was gone within hours so for those who dont have the app you've probably missed it. Sure you can get a reactor or catalyst or two in a few weeks play time but you are always going to be upset that you dont get everything... FOMO?

NW isnt a good system, its annoying, its limiting, its time gating and way more repetitive than alerts ever were. Can we please start being honest already? I saw Nora pop up today and i instantly logged off.... "not more of this drudgery"..

I am open to other opinions but please do realise i feel pretty strong about this so you better come prepared.

"Change my mind!"

• Like 4

I have not had a chance to look at the rwards.  But either way on my ps4 account since i have mostly everything in the game.  I just use nw for potatoes and kuva stockpiling.

On my pc account wich is only a few days old it will be useful.  Completing some of the challenges though on a fresh account will be very hard though.

7 minutes ago, Crasharr said:

"we should still have alerts" !

NW isnt a good system, its annoying, its limiting, its time gating and way more repetitive than alerts ever were.

You say you want alerts back but say nightwave is a timegate compared to alerts that were only up for an hour at complete random times with no valuable rewards. Bringing in the worst time gate is not a "fix".

Just now, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

You say you want alerts back but say nightwave is a timegate compared to alerts that were only up for an hour at complete random times with no valuable rewards. Bringing in the worst time gate is not a "fix".

People who say alerts were better are delusional and have no legitimate argument other than their own opinion. Like okay, enjoy waiting up until 5 in morning for your vauban chassis or seeking fury mod and 8800 credits. 

• Like 5

It's a freaking INTERMISSION.

Such as when people used to watch long movies and shows and get a break to get some time to get drinks and snacks from the snack bar? Fill up popcorn? Get a time to stretch?

I swear DE needs to put up a video of a Grinny, Corpus, Infested, and Senti dancing singing "Let's all go to the Lobby" as they used to do in the movies.

What is not new to you or wanted by you JUST MIGHT be the thing someone else is in need of and has been waiting to get a chance at. Yeah, you got it already so make a choice- get the stuff again or leave it be. Hek, this time do not collect anything til you hit 30 and get it all at once. Or don't collect it at all and see what happens when the next Nightwave happens. Do you get it all out into your account automatically or do you not get the stuff and it is lost forever once Nightwave 3 drops? But lemme guess- that is too much a risk in a game that you want all the rewards to be fresh and new?

I fear for the future sometimes.....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

"we should still have alerts" ! In conjunction with NW " ...

See the difference if u use the whole quote and not just take things out of perspective?

• Like 4

Just now, (PS4)Dishinshoryuken said:

It's a freaking INTERMISSION.

Such as when people used to watch long movies and shows and get a break to get some time to get drinks and snacks from the snack bar? Fill up popcorn? Get a time to stretch?

but this intermission is as long as the entire movie 😄 

• Like 1

Nw is in many ways better then the old alerts system.  Now i agree nw should give more badges so newer players can use it to better obtain potatoes, nitrain, kuva, etc.

And we should also be getting at least twice a week gift of the lotus alerts rewarding potatoes, nitrain, kuva, decent weapons, etc.  Again mainly to help newer players.

And realistically if one is a newer player or on a newer account one cannot even complete some of the challenges.  I made a pc account 2 days ago.  It will not be possible for me to do half the challenges at present on that account.  It simply will not have the gear needed. Unless others completely carry me.

Which isnt what i want at all.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

Intermission was originally introduced so people still had access to things like Nitain and Vauban parts, it wasn't supposed to provide new rewards. I don't know what you expected.

The only criticism I can get behind is the fact that items that were available previously should have gone to the cred offerings, not be a part of the reward track.

2 hours ago, -ToT-CrackCook said:

the intermission is now 30 ranks, not 15, so this is as long as a season, you have to wait a full 30 rank season until the next one with actual new stuff and lore...

You forgot that the previous intermission started a month after season 1. This one starts much earlier, that's probably why it's longer.

I dont mind that other people is getting the cosmetics reward older players own but DE could have at least given people that own them something else, best option 50 intermission credits. Naturally it only applies to stuff you normally can only own one of so you can still get more ship decoration.

6 drops is literally completely useless to people that already own them. at least stuff like endo and affinity boosters still do something even if i dont want them.

Edited by b4timert

Well, I heard DE is actually changing the games name to “WhineFrame.” I was hopping they would go with “CryFrame” but that might just add to much to the butthurt minions  

It’s quite fitting actually. 

Edited by (NSW)Austee

Intermission has always had that in mind that old rewards will come back so those that missed S1 for instance can get them in between seasons over time. I have everything from the previous 2 seasons aswell as from the last intermission and I certainly wont complain over a free umbra forma, some free slots, a free energize and a bunch of other things.

Intermission has never been intended to be something new and unique all the way through. The first intermission just happened to be unique since it was the first and reintroducing Wolf stuff that early on would have been quite silly. Now it will be a good rotational thing with useful rewards along with some old rewards so people can catch up on what they missed. Perfect solution imo and it couldnt really have been better.

edit: One would think that the word intermission would be a dead givaway on how the system was going to pan out.

Edited by SneakyErvin

I think it's good to have the rewards from season 1 again. Really nice for people who missed them the first time, when catchup system wasnt a thing yet. Already having all the rewards I wish there was something else attached to those rank ups like a relic pack or a bit of nightcreds.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Austee said:

Well, I heard DE is actually changing the games name to “WhineFrame.”

Wanna help me rebrand to WineFrame? Alcoholism is expensive, maybe we can get some sort of endorsementdeal...

Its dark, I know

2 hours ago, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

Its deeply troubling how lazy De is getting

Calling DE "lazy" implies malicious intent in the sense that they are deliberately underperforming and that they are indifferent about what they deliver us players.

Aside from this being beyond rude, we have no insight that would prove this assumption.

Mainline is knocking on the door. Empyrean is on it's way. It's okay to save resources on this. And it's just an intermission, not Nightwave Season 3.

(And the rewards aren't even bad, they are just unoriginal. I will gladly take the Kuva and the Umbra Forma.)

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Austee said:

Well, I heard DE is actually changing the games name to “WhineFrame.” I was hopping they would go with “CryFrame” but that might just add to much to the butthurt minions  

most of us are being civil and have legit concerns and are giving criticism, which isn't a bad thing.
people like you are the ones being negative. and also, your whining about other people, so your not coming across as very bright yourself.
be constructive or you the one who's just whining and not imputing anything at all 🙂 

Deal with it.  They are in full on grind mode for empyrean and new war in terms of development, they don't have time for nightwave season 3 right now.  If you don't want duplicate rewards from prior season, I guarantee there are people out there who don't have wolf armor bundle.  Put it in cred store?  How do you imagine that works when they frontloaded 150 credits for just rank 1.  People rank up once and get an armor set?  That's not how this works.  I'm just happy we're getting another umbra forma but it's beyond most people to simply appreciate that they can get another umbra forma, which you could not do with the first intermission.  

1 minute ago, JackHargreav said:

Oh good.

I was afraid that ppl finally calmed down about Nw. 

Because you know? We need a billion posts every time a new Nw episode or intermission comes out.

And throw in the usual alerts were better crap too.

Cause why not?

Alerts were okay, Nightwave is okay, together they would be better than each on its own. Would you agree?

• Like 1

Best way to avoid this drama :

- think better

- make all the repeats rewards buyable in cred shop

- therefore fill the gaps with a big bunch of creds

- allow us to buy formas with creds, since we'll gonna need a lot with the new weapon exilus...

In this state, it's an unacceptable spit to the face of those who grinded S1+I1+S2.

Still happy the kuva is finally a permanent addition to the shop, but still 2 weeks too late.

• Like 1