Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If warframe wants to appeal to "casual players" then the game should be dumbed down(SEVERE SARCASTIC RANT INBOUND)

(PSN)drollive96

1. Remove any complex modding mechanics, crit, status, status chance, etc. These are not nessessary because actually having to prepare a build would require thinking and effort which people dont like to do (plus these mechanics are pointless when 95% of the content on the starchart can be cleared with only a few mods). Getting rid of these things would draw more people into the game and let them experience the " power fantasy" appeal of the game without effort. no thinking Would be required and new players could get into the game easier.

2. Remove 99% of the mods, to defeat any enemy on the star chart, all you should need for rifles is serration split chamber and a few elemental mods, there fore the rest of the mods should be disposed of because they only confuse new players 

3. Make it impossible to fail a mission, there is already no challenge to this game, so failing a mission might as well not be possible 

4. Eliminate any difficult game modes such as eidolons, arbitrations, elite sanctuary onslaught, and sorties, these game modes are too difficult and nobody likes to fail a mission,

5. Just to  Make sure that nobody is confused make  a long tutorial at the beginning of the game so that nobody will have to think and they can just mindlessly slaughter everything without needing to put any effort in

Edited by (PS4)drollive96
  • Like 3

1 минуту назад, (PS4)drollive96 сказал:

having to prepare a build would require thinking

They already copycatting builds from youtube, so yeah...

3 минуты назад, (PS4)drollive96 сказал:

so failing a mission might as well not be possible

You already get all rotation rewards from failed arbitrations/fissures. So defeat is just nominal. Also there is no failure on SO/ESO.

4 минуты назад, (PS4)drollive96 сказал:

difficult game modes such as eidolons, arbitrations, elite sanctuary onslaught, and sorties, these game modes are too difficult

Those game modes only available to the guys far enough in progression to be unnoticeable. Just farm meta stuff with ya IRL friend more.

7 минут назад, (PS4)drollive96 сказал:

make  a long tutorial at the beginning of the game

Check. It is already long, boring and consisting of multiple missions. Called Vor's Prize. IMO it does fine with what you referred to, and the only people who can't grasp it - to cite glorious Vay Hek - imbeciles.

• Like 3

Even as an average player that uses games for stress relief not challenge.  I have no issues with the present game design of warframe.

In ruffly 2 years i have grinded out mostly everything presently in game.  I still enjoy just popping in and cracking skulls for stress relief.  The game works perfect for average players like myself.

My only gripe is how far tennogen is behind on console.  But thats more the console companies fault then de's.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

Just curious what makes "hardcore" players have such contempt for casual players. Is it some misplaced feeling of superiority that you can't get IRL?

Because I wouldn't consider myself casual at all, and I don't feel this unbridled hatred for people that don't want to live on the game.

Whats the point of this post? If it is just a sarcastic rant it's not particularly funny. Most of the warframe player base is to some degree causal. Most of your points seem to be about removing central mechanics of the game for no real reason. The modding system is something you learn over time as initially you don't need any mods to play the first couple of planets. The "difficult" parts of the game are voluntarily accessed and by no means mandatory to complete the story. Flat out failing a mission is pretty difficult in warframe you get 4 lives to attempt a mission in most missions have contingencies for if things go badly. Only spy missions are easy to mess up so bad you fail if your not familiar with the vaults and try to brute force a higher level map. The tutorial is clear at the being of the game on how to do the basics not to mention that the two stories that follow afterwards are tutorials on specific game mechanics like how to play spy missions for instance. I play with a lot of new players and haven't found them confused by anything other than the location of some resources cause you know you have to play for a bit to know where to get morphics from. 

9 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Just curious what makes "hardcore" players have such contempt for casual players. Is it some misplaced feeling of superiority that you can't get IRL?

Because I wouldn't consider myself casual at all, and I don't feel this unbridled hatred for people that don't want to live on the game.

Probably disappointment. Most "Hard" content is nerfed/dumbed down within a few patches of it's release, and it gets really tiresome after a while.

il y a 59 minutes, (PS4)drollive96 a dit :

1. Remove any complex modding mechanics, crit, status, status chance, etc. These are not nessessary because actually having to prepare a build would require thinking and effort which people dont like to do (plus these mechanics are pointless when 95% of the content on the starchart can be cleared with only a few mods). Getting rid of these things would draw more people into the game and let them experience the " power fantasy" appeal of the game without effort. no thinking Would be required and new players could get into the game easier.

2. Remove 99% of the mods, to defeat any enemy on the star chart, all you should need for rifles is serration split chamber and a few elemental mods, there fore the rest of the mods should be disposed of because they only confuse new players 

3. Make it impossible to fail a mission, there is already no challenge to this game, so failing a mission might as well not be possible 

4. Eliminate any difficult game modes such as eidolons, arbitrations, elite sanctuary onslaught, and sorties, these game modes are too difficult and nobody likes to fail a mission,

5. Just to  Make sure that nobody is confused make  a long tutorial at the beginning of the game so that nobody will have to think and they can just mindlessly slaughter everything without needing to put any effort in

You forgot a "claim reward" button instead of playing the mission for peoples who dont have time ot play or dont like the mission

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

There is no contempt towards casual players, there is contempt towards DE for ONLY catering to casual players. Once you have most of the things in the game, the appeal of the game starts to go down if you have nothing to do with those toys. Grinding for new frames and gear is fun. Grinding for cosmetics is fun. Grinding 7 forma into your weapon or frame to make it an end game build is not fun if there is no endgame. You sink time and effort into something and then there's no point in having it. Raids provided motivation and a meta to follow, even if you didn't follow the meta, as long as you had skill you could still succeed, raids were fun...and removed. Arbitrations had perma death and a sense of challenge, revives were added and hp drain was added to mandatory drops from arbi drones, reducing the challenge and adding in an unfair mechanic that screws you over for some #*!%ers mistake. Eidolons are a joke that require no brain, eidolons are not fun. Orbs are fun, but only up until you get everything from them, then they become dead content. There used to be an incentive for endless runs, since T4 keys existed, T4 keys were removed for a superior relic system, but the the infinite challenge and reward incentive was removed. Once you get high enough up there, there is literally nothing to do except fashion frame and mentoring. Fashion frame gets boring fast, and mentoring is only fun if you have friends. Veteran Players who have been supporting DE with money and time for a long time get nothing, whilst new players get all the best cuts of meat.

Edited by ArchangelusAlpharius
  • Like 1

Might have been meant as satire...but I tend to agree that if the game wanted to universally appeal to casuals it would have to dumb down a lot of the difficulty.

That said, a better longer more involved tutorial would also do the trick IMO.

Final point...more players and universal appeal are great, but I am under the impression that the game is doing well at the moment. So widening that appeal may not be a high priority.

Still...fix the tutorial guys. Its pretty poor as a game prep IMO.