Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Catchmoon is being nerfed...

Psianide73

Op weapons get nerfed .......  not surprising.

Personally i prefer other weapons.  When it comes to the moduler weapons i shy away from using them because they are flat ugly.

Now if the code wasn't borked and skins could be used.  I would be more inclined.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Psianide73 said:

...due to 50% of the playerbase using it.

Discuss.

Edit... I'm not bothered, I favour diversity/playing things for fun.

Well this was entirely DE's fault what could have possibly went through their minds when they decided to make a hand held Arca Plasmor with the Crit stats of a sniper rifle?!

• Like 7

Is anyone really surprised?
DE always bases their nerfs around useage stats.

But the real problem is that this ignores that most secondaries are raging dumpster fires, and the reason catchmoon was so used was because it was one of the few that wasn't a dumpster fire.

• Like 4

the Weapon is overhyped anyways, it essentially performs the worst at high Levels (Rattleguts does end up struggling the most though), and provides essentially no benefits at lower Levels.
in most of the content that the 99% see, there's far more practical choices than it, due to that almost no benefits at lower Levels facet.

Edited by taiiat

9 minutes ago, Lion said:

most secondaries are raging dumpster fires,

I wouldn't say "dumpster fires", but mainly overshadowed completely due to the Catchmoon and other Kitguns. It's no wonder why when new Secondaries like the Quatz that it gets muted, aside from Mastery, in spite of how great it is.

It does irk me to see how people are overreacting to it getting nerfed, as the thing should've not existed with how broken and lazy it is, and soon was. 

Edited by Duality52
  • Like 1

Now we only have 6 more secundaries to nerf until everyone is running with kunais, HURRAY!

We would notice a certain pattern if we had acess to the whole spreadsheet of usage and notice that we only have a few of good secundaries.

"Let's see what makes this weapon so good... Nah... lets just nerf it and keep making bad ones =)"

• Like 2

it is well known that DE does not know how to interpret the data. If players use a lot of "SOMETHING"... they think: "Oh! There's something wrong with it, let's go nerf it", instead of thinking, "Why do people use the catchmoon instead of the Seer?"...

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Op weapons get nerfed .......  not surprising.

Personally i prefer other weapons.  When it comes to the moduler weapons i shy away from using them because they are flat ugly.

Now if the code wasn't borked and skins could be used.  I epuld be more inclined.

just emphasizes how over powered it was that it got such mad usage while being so aesthetically clashing. 

• Like 5

well, honestly, most people probably use it only cus it wipes out entire groups of enemies with no effort.

and be honest, its not the case that ther other secondaries arent usable, there are plenty of usable secondaries, its just that catchmoon is so strong that it invalidates the others and too many players got used to that.

well, guess I should get the popcorn, cus I wont be running out of salt for quiote some time after this

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Psianide73 said:

...due to 50% of the playerbase using it.

Discuss.

Edit... I'm not bothered, I favour diversity/playing things for fun.

Maybe you mean its riven disposition, because a catchmoon can easily get over 120.000 sustained dps without a riven.

4 minutes ago, Veritable_Vox said:

And unfollowed on twitch, after what happened with Fallout yesterday I just can't stomach more fun nazis. Maybe try making the other secondaries suck less before nerfing one of the only ones that doesn't into the dirt.

the only way they could do that would be to turn literally all secondaries into aoe weapons, needless to say that's a dumb solution for weapon diversity, and a dumb amount of wasted resources to handle the issues caused by a single weapon. but w/e you'll move on and live. 

• Like 8