Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Requiem Mods will supposedly have 'charges' and will be consumed after a few uses. What is your opinion on that?

AnOldAlias

11 hours ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

Honestly, this game could use more consumable mission rewards like the specters from rescue missions.  Relic mods might turn out to be a good step in the right direction, if a bit convoluted to acquire.  People that don't care to farm these mods don't have to.

The difference here is that specters are very optional (though I personally love the crap out of them). These requiem mods will not. I don't know exactly how kuva liches are created, but I'm guessing that they *will* replenish themselves without requiring an active player choice saying "yes, create one". And at some point, those obnoxious twats will be on every single node of the starchart, stealing crap no matter where you are and occasionally dropping in to ruin your mission. You're going to have to get rid of them if you don't want your game ruined by them. And that means mandatory farming of these stupid consumables.

13 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

Okay, but what this says is that the grind wall is irrelevant to the replayability of Kuva Liches in the long-term, and therefore unnecessary. It does not matter if the charges consume on every kill or every final defeat (though signs seem to point to the latter), the feature remains an additional layer of grind that will only hold players up for a short while before we start stockpiling Requiem mods like any other resource. QED.

It will serve a purpose initially, which is pretty much the important part. Many games have similar systems and eventually they all come to the point where you dont "need" the item since you are done with that specific place. Maps in PoE, Danger Room Chips in Marvel Heroes, raid keys in several MMOs etc. I mean, heck we already have it here too in the shape of derelict keys, relics and dragon keys.

Just now, SneakyErvin said:

It will serve a purpose initially, which is pretty much the important part. Many games have similar systems and eventually they all come to the point where you dont "need" the item since you are done with that specific place. Maps in PoE, Danger Room Chips in Marvel Heroes, raid keys in several MMOs etc. I mean, heck we already have it here too in the shape of derelict keys, relics and dragon keys.

Yes, and those systems have largely just added to a landfill of now-defunct gates that do nothing but temporarily frustrate players with an additional hoop to jump through. All of these systems have failed to pad the game meaningfully, which simply makes the case for not only avoiding the Requiem mod system, but doing away with many of the current grind walls.

I love the idea otherwise we would just farm the mods forget the relics exist and then after a while also forget about the kuva Lich System though i imagen it would be like the mod can be used 10 times then it disapears wich is reasonable nice. 

Said by others... I really don't like the idea of charges on items, hell I'm not a fan of ANY system that requires us to grind one part just so we can grind another part...and in this case it's threefold, you'll need to farm kuva for the relics, then farm the relics for the mods and then finally you might be able to kill the lich if you have the mods you need...and that's ignoring anything to do with the weapon and elemental rng....

That's just 'too much grind' imo, and it's more likely to make me just not bother with kuva liches and if they end up being there no matter what it may just be the point where I just call it a day in the game if I'm being completely honest. 

Edited by LSG501

31 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

3 charges, confirmed by Steve on his current live stream.

Sounds reasonable assuming 1 Lich every 2 weeks or so.

He also seemed to say that converting them will still take charges. So burning through charges to get garbage weapons/rolls we don't want will be necessary in order to try to get new rolls. Hooray.

Just now, OvisCaedo said:

He also seemed to say that converting them will still take charges. So burning through charges to get garbage weapons/rolls we don't want will be necessary in order to try to get new rolls. Hooray.

I don't mind to be honest. This is a gameplay loop that seems to favor long-term investment over repeated, indiscriminate, burn-it-all-in-a-single-day farming. It's something I've asked for a while in order to decrease burnout from consecutive/successive farming.

On 2019-10-30 at 10:27 AM, Oreades said:

The thing there is we need clarification on what they mean by "vanquished" because it can either mean 

• When you vanquish a Litch and it goes off to be reincarnated.
  • When you actually finally vanquish/recruit the Litch for good.

Because until DE clarifies both are viable interpetations, one is needlessly grindy/tedious and the other is still a bit grindy but acceptable. 

Pretty sure they mean final death. Cause where else would you use the mods? They are like a death word as DE put it. 

On 2019-10-30 at 6:36 AM, Maseric said:

I'd like to being able to use Kuva to recharge the requiem mods. 

Perhaps add some sort of clan tech research that we can do to add an upgrade module to the orbiter's mod station in order to gain the functionality.

*shrug*

^ You read my mind, if it will be like this that we can recharge them with kuva 's fine for me, but grind and rng  in layers upon layers that is Requiem relic is not

I hate it. They should be permanent. The fact that you need to find the right combination guarantees enough replayability. They can just add new requiem mods with updates to push us to acquire more, this just seems like a lazy way to force us to grind them over and over so that we are occupied with something.

2 hours ago, Ogarra_Remaellus said:

Personally I invite the grind, it isn't that bad. 

Wait until you see how many murmurs you need to unlock all 3 needed mods, then figure out the right order, then get the enemy to spawn, THEN get the lich with the right weapon out of 13 and if you don't you have to start from the very beginning again.... Its literally hundreds of hours. 

37 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

Wait until you see how many murmurs you need to unlock all 3 needed mods, then figure out the right order, then get the enemy to spawn, THEN get the lich with the right weapon out of 13 and if you don't you have to start from the very beginning again.... Its literally hundreds of hours. 

Then once you have the weapon, dont forget you need to forma each one of them 5 times for that last 1k mastery

9 hours ago, S0V3REiGN said:

After accidentally converting instead of killing my lich I agree, the new systems are bull.

• Like 1

As stated elsewhere, i will avoid Liches after my current one.
I really have no time grinding extra, there is already so much stuff i grind for ( and need to if i want to progress ) so i am leaving that Lich stuff out.

Already have trouble filling up requiem, still did only 1 relic mission due to time issues...
Hopefully they change that...