Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.4 + 26.0.4.1

[DE]Megan

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Stockpiled Kuva Weapons: Receiving a better duplicate Kuva weapon after you’ve put work/Forma into an existing one can feel rather disappointing. With that in mind, we’re working on a “duplicate consumption” mechanic where you can combine 2 of the same Kuva weapons, thus transferring its buffs while preserving your Forma, Exilus, Potato, and Lens investment, ergo relieving you of your inner turmoil. 

• An example for further clarification: everything you've done on Kuva Seer A will stay (Forma, Potato, Lens, Mod Configs, Appearance Configs, etc) when Kuva Seer B is consumed. The buff from Kuva Seer B will be passed onto Kuva Seer A, and Kuva Seer B will cease to exist in your Inventory.

What if the 2 variants have 2 different elements? Does this mean you get both elements on weapon A now, or the element on A is increased to match the percentage of B, however you only retain one element? I would assume it is the latter as otherwise innate multiple elements kinda OP! This is good in theory, however you could get unlucky and get a lower percentage buff on weapon B, then you have to hope for a 3rd variant of that same weapon comes along with a higher percentage buff etc etc (too grindy basically). Or are the percentages added (so wep B's percentage is added to Wep A). Looking forward to the more fleshed out idea on this. 

A proposal to solve the above (could be added along with the above as an alternative option to players, we love options!). 
Can we get another way to change the element type + element percentage on our kuva weapons? I was thinking maybe pump in some kuva to change the element type on the wep.
For element percentages, pump in some of the new shards from requiem mods to buff wep percentage value (X amount giving Y% buff increase). Just another option instead of having to rely so much on RNG for a chance at buffing your new favourite gun.   

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

combine 2 of the same Kuva weapons, thus transferring its buffs while preserving your Forma, Exilus, Potato, and Lens investment, ergo relieving you of your inner turmoil.

I'd give up some limbs to get something like this for kitguns and zaws.

hace 12 minutos, Arniox dijo:

Because tradionally women have longer hair and men have shorter hair. 

That's just a fact about tradition. 

tradition?

wikipedia "long hair"

The Gaelic Irish (both men and women)[26] took great pride in their long hair—for example, a person could be heavily fined for cutting a man's hair short against his will.[27] When the Anglo-Normans and the English colonized Ireland, hair length came to signify one's allegiance. Irishmen who cut their hair short were deemed to be forsaking their Irish heritage. Likewise, English colonists who wore their hair long in the back were deemed to be forsaking their role as English subjects and giving in to the Irish life. Thus, hair length was one of the most common ways of judging a true Englishman in this period. Muslims in Christian areas were ordered to keep their hair short and parted, as their longer style was considered rebellious and barbaric.[28]

I think my point is quite clear

14 minutes ago, Arniox said:

Because tradionally women have longer hair and men have shorter hair. 

That's just a fact about tradition. 

The trouble with talking about "tradition" is that you have to navigate *who*'s tradition you're talking about.

AdobeStock_71961633.jpeg

Just now, gfb537 said:

The trouble with talking about "tradition" is that you have to navigate *who*'s tradition you're talking about.

AdobeStock_71961633.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Har-Vestor said:

And tradition is worth nothing. It was tradition to put people you don't like to the stake, it is tradition to kill animals just to proof you are masculine or adult, it is tradition to bind the feet of women so they stay small and attractive and force the the victims to walk in pain. Tradition is really such a good indicator for what should be done, yep.
This is a video game, with space magic, weeb weapons, sci-fi elements, techno-organic enemies and dudes that think storing your head in your chest cavity is the hottest thing ever. Tradtion, are you kidding me...

Give people dreads when they want to have them.

I'd say it should be more connected to hairstyle than operator being male or female

10 minutes ago, Har-Vestor said:

And tradition is worth nothing. It was tradition to put people you don't like to the stake, it is tradition to kill animals just to proof you are masculine or adult, it is tradition to bind the feet of women so they stay small and attractive and force the the victims to walk in pain. Tradition is really such a good indicator for what should be done, yep.
This is a video game, with space magic, weeb weapons, sci-fi elements, techno-organic enemies and dudes that think storing your head in your chest cavity is the hottest thing ever. Tradtion, are you kidding me...

Give people dreads when they want to have them.

Jesus... I don't want all that. I'm sorry if my traditional experiences are different to yours. 

All I was saying is that tradionally, women have long hair and men have short hair. In my country at least, that's still a pretty unanimously agreed tradition 

2 hours ago, DecayingRuin said:

K-Drives are bugged. At least in the Plains of Eidolon. As soon as you call them or jump on them your warframe jumps off and there's a chance you can fall through the ground without any chance of coming back up.

Not only that, the controls are messed up too.

1. Bad luck protection is always a positive change. The duplicate Kuva Weapon system will be welcome.
  2. Being able to choose whether or not we have an active Kuva Lich is a good change. The tax system is far too punishing for something you can accidentally activate by using melee in a crowd.
  3. Most of the Murmur changes make sense, but the 60/60/140 and reducing number of thralls spawned in certain missions negate most of the positives. If the goal was to reduce the duration of the murmur grind, you extended it almost as much as you shortened it. We were told this was supposed to be a puzzle-solving system, not brute-force guesswork and ridiculous layers of RNG. Rolling dice over and over is not puzzle solving.
  4. The current state of requiem relics, requiem mods, and decayed requiem mods is just bad. Giving us increased relic drops is a decent start, but you have WAY too many layers of RNG we have to slog through to get the mods. Either implement whatever system you planned for restoring decayed mods, or give us a way to farm specific relics.
  5. Thanks for fixing Grendel's Syandana clipping.
  6. This last one, though. Disappointing:

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Live Wire now only Shocks enemies who are aware/alerted within 24 meters, thus not ruining your stealth gameplay.

Pretending you care about stealth gameplay after all the undocumented nerfs is pretty insulting. Either fix what you broke, or just openly admit you want stealth gone for non-invisibility frames. The current format of breaking stealth mechanics, refusing to acknowledge them, but then including something so trivial is just plain dishonest. I don't know what members of your staff have such a hatred for solo stealth gameplay, but get it in check or lose a chunk of your player base.

Stockpiled Kuva Weapons: Receiving a better duplicate Kuva weapon after you’ve put work/Forma into an existing one can feel rather disappointing. With that in mind, we’re working on a “duplicate consumption” mechanic where you can combine 2 of the same Kuva weapons, thus transferring its buffs while preserving your Forma, Exilus, Potato, and Lens investment, ergo relieving you of your inner turmoil. 

Tweaked the Requiem Murmur discovery requirements for each hint to reduce initial ramp-up:

• Instead of each Murmur requiring the same amount of Hints, the first and second Murmur require 60% of what they used to, with the last Murmur requiring 140%.

Excess Murmur progress now carries over to the next Murmur to allow for faster Murmur discovery.

Testing a Requiem on a Lich now advances Murmur progress by roughly 10x more than a Thrall on average

Very nice. Thanks a lot DE

love the new changes just have 2 problems.

Stockpiled Kuva Weapons: Receiving a better after you’ve put work/Forma into an existing one can feel rather disappointing. With that in mind, we’re working on a “duplicate consumption” mechanic where you can combine 2 of the same Kuva weapons, thus transferring its buffs while preserving your Forma, Exilus, Potato, and Lens investment, ergo relieving you of your inner turmoil. 

what if we got a lich with Kuva weapon we already have but don't want to fight that lich again just so we can "fuse" the two weapons. as much as i love fighting these lichs they can get very old real fast. to put it shortly its exausting fighting these behemoths.

Larvling Lich creation will be truly opt-in. Some people want to see the world drown in Kuva and others just want to live a Lich free life! For those that don’t want to be hounded by a Kuva Lich, we’re changing the way Larvlings are killed in order to attain a Kuva Lich. Larvlings will have the same pre death setup as Thralls, except the Mercy action is only available to the player who damaged them last. At that point you either walk up and press X to initiate the Mercy (required for Kuva Lich creation), or just walk away and leave them to eventually die on their own after 15 seconds, thus opting out of Kuva Lich creation.

Why was this not added in today!? or better yet when the update dropped? i was running a grineer capture and didnt notice my vaykor hek syindicate proc had killed a larvling. now i have another angry lich...

if you would kindly REMOVE the lich from my account! i just killed my 3rd one today i dont want to fight another one...

can sparring open up for finishers again? My finisher riven mod just turned to S#&$ now that I can't use the hirudo(main melee)  i miss the I frames you get and the heal hirudo gives saved my ass a lot more than I'd like to admit. It's not like im oneshotting a hydrolyst with my hirudo and opening it up for a finisher on its head like and doing it 15 times a night, i feel like sparring feels more like slog to just kill a single heavy unit were i just finisher them since they're luckily enemies that can be affected by finishers. I don't get it, can we remove anything else that opens up to finishers if it means one of the few ways i can kill a enemy fast has just been reduced to inaros's and zakti in a melee setting? Isn't the idea to prevent this? I don't like beach balling enemies because that doesn't kill them any faster I don't need a giant slam attack for sparring weapons i need focused killing moves that takedown singular targets, what was the point of that useless slam that does nothing for a short ranged weapon, that's for heavy weapons or whips that can actually take advantage of the diameter of enemy proximity not a single target type melee that has no range at all......................

Whoever at some patch invented moveable waypoints, that just jump to a new location instead of just outright marking the final spot right from the start like they used to, deserves some castor oil in his coffe and no free toilets to use in the whole building.

I still think that this event is not profitable for me, for many reasons and aspects. And besides that it does not have fun and discourages me.

1st The murmurs: to be almost making 4 whole planets, without receiving their rewards on the planets (Relics, mods, credits, etc.), just to get murmurs. It is not profitable, it is an unnecessary waste of time. Since you don't even fill 10% of the murmur, in a single mission

2nd. Kuva Weapons: And that there are many weapons on it, if you get some repeated and more with the bonus damage that is random (RNG) ........ Even worse, even having the possibility of improving it, it seems bad, because if we multiply the weapons that there are + the elementary bonuses that there are. In the end there are more than 50 combinations. Do you think I'm going to invent all that time in getting those weapons, and more with the RNG? And that over there is the possibility of repeated weapons touching me ...........? NO. But even with that, I don't even get the 1st weapon. That is another reason why, I don't want to be part of this event.
But even with that, I don't even get the 1st weapon.

I still have my lich there, which I have not killed yet, waiting for this event to improve, or finally I leave it there to rot until it steals my underwear.

And eye, I'm not being toxic, I'm giving my real point of view. Do you think it motivates me to do this event, when the RNG event resides a lot? (Whispers, Weapons, Relics, Mods, Elementary Bonuses and other factors that don't come out right now) I feel very dissapoint and very angry at the same time.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb [DE]Megan:

Fixed Thralls dropping Requiem Mods instead of the intended Requiem Relics on Mercy (added to Thrall droptable in Hotfix 26.0.4). We’ve also removed the 500 Kuva from the Thrall droptable. With less rewards to pick from means a better shot at that Requiem Relic!

The dropped mods were a good thing!
Please reconsider this

I try not to complain too much because I know the devs generally have a lot on their plate and provide so much for the game overall despite some controversy, but DE totally blew this last major update... and that's without even taking bugs into consideration.

Aside from Vauban and Ember reworks (most of which I do like so far), everything else is a complete dumpster fire.

• Heavy attacks drain combo multipliers with no real reward. My normal attacks already work well enough for clearing out most rooms. If I'm going to build up combo multipliers and spend it on a heavy attack, it better cleave through every enemy in front of me within 15 meters for MASSIVE damage, otherwise it's not worth it.
  • Kuva liches are still too grindy even by Warframe standards. 3 LAYERS OF RNG IS NOT FUN!
  • Getting the last murmur should tell you the correct order of the mods OR having the right mods but the wrong order should just make the lich run away instead of instant killing you. Killing players for having the right mods in the wrong order is just bad game design which punishes the player for even trying.
  • The Grendel missions: enough said (which at this point I'm guessing is working as intended to force people to buy him).

10 minutes ago, Nyoah said:

anyone else unable to finish their lich hunt because all the requiem mods dont work ever after acquiring the correct ones and trying them in every order?

Yup, I tried all 3 known mod somehow it's all incorrect I can't kill my lich neither 

Archived