Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.5

[DE]Megan

Heres a major issue that is plaguing the Lich system right now. 

Incentive. Why should I or anyone else waste time, energy, and ammo helping a random out with their lich when we now get nothing in return? Lichs arent exactly easy you know. My last one took 20 minutes to kill because of their rediculous armor and flat out immunity to corrosive. The only reason why peolple helped me was to help progress their own Lich. That makes me feel good because people are getting rewards for helping me. Now, no one is going to want to level their Lich and it just creates anger in the community because people cant fight their lich, and there's no point helping another person with a difficult lich if we dont get something in return. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead (is only meant to apply to the player that did the failing). While all Thralls share Requiem Murmurs, the Lich entity itself is exclusive to a player. This also fixes receiving Requiem Murmur progress when successfully killing a Kuva Lich - only failure/testing of your Requiem on a Kuva Lich will grant Murmur progress.

Please no, it encouraged more people to help damage the lich. Now people are just going to let that guy out to dry while trying to go for the thralls. Also getting murmurs for helping others on their lich really helped not to burn out on running the lich missions which already seem a step removed from regular missions.

10 minutes ago, CephKaron said:

What? Where do you pay for Kuva Liches? LMAO tf are you talking about

Truly, spoken with the lunacy of a Black Knight.
But enough man, we get it. You're a top secret Executive Social Platform Engineer, working hard to mitigate damage in the forums. You're making DE proud!
OR maybe I'm wrong here and you're doing swell with this update, no complaints or grievances? Perhaps just in need of some ' troll the masses ' time?
The enigma that is abuser/victim relationship so common in business and consumerism today, was supposed to be dealt with during the Industrial Revolution. I understand that 'current year' is more complex in terms of digital consumption but the values of old still hold firm, if the thinker is critical. 

Basically, if you are unable to perceive when and where you're being robbed of time or money or both, then companies will take advantage and feel it's their entitlement. Can't find the paywalls, the timegates, the surprise mechanic? Too bad for you! We can show you graphs, paint pictures and voice concerns but we cannot think for you. 
I've spent enough time on this update topic, waiting for the Kuva Flood to respawn ( time gating ). Time to alt tab back in...

• Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead (is only meant to apply to the player that did the failing). While all Thralls share Requiem Murmurs, the Lich entity itself is exclusive to a player. This also fixes receiving Requiem Murmur progress when successfully killing a Kuva Lich - only failure/testing of your Requiem on a Kuva Lich will grant Murmur progress.

Yeah cause this pointless boring grind wasnt slow enough? Ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Genoscythe said:

Every Update you mess up at least one thing with horrible RNG. Do you hate us?

Either they don't even play their own game (on live servers) and are totally out to lunch,

Or the current team is not capable of releasing content updates that don't rely on;

A) recycling or reshuffling existing content or concepts.

B) padding it out with ignorant systems.

If you cut away all the RNG and recycled mission types and fluff. There really isn't much to this update. It's pretty light and forgettable.

Just like plains and Fortuna. Cut away the time gating and painfully slow rep grind and there isn't much there. Hollow lifeless tileset with nothing interesting  to do or find.

There's a distinct pattern in all the updates. Make no mistake, this is a free to play game, everything is by design. Their job is to psychologically manipulate through these systems to sell platinum or encourage trade of platinum.

DE your business model is showing.....

Well hey to start great patch ty for updates love all the new content now to the point everybody’s complaining it’s to hard too much grind stop stop stop my lich beat me up stop stop stop so this is true end game content and now the tears come wtf..... stop stop stop smdh..... so everyone cried DE just doesn’t get it there’s no end game and wait this game isn’t hard I’m a god that can’t be killed does everyone remember that now DE steps the game up and the tears come DE know body will leave this game it’s a great game entitlement has shown itself if it takes weeks to complete something become better at it grow but if they nerf because of tears then you’ll never get better smdh keep up the good work DE don’t need let the lich lvl higher to where you need a team to beat them now the fire is on loving Warframe. 

vor einer Stunde schrieb SinistralMessa:

This was the one reason to play liches in groups! I mightily recommend reverting both because this is just going to make people do liches alone.

im also surprised about this. u can already play the game solo and theres not a real reason for teamplay aside or rad-share maybe, but the liches were a nice way to get together even with totally random ppl, help them do their lich and even if one can solo his/her own lich, its still nicer to share a reward with others, even if its just murmurs it would be their own kuva weapon a bit faster.

doing liches is not too difficult or long, but considering how much RNG there is its totally fine to not spent 4 hours for 1 lich and get an ephemera and/or weapon as a duplicate but being forced to do the lich to try another anyway....instead speeding this up as it was possible via groups was a nice way to encourage actually staying with others in a group and do some lich hunting...whats so bad about it ???

its not really a raid, but its kinda raid-ish, especially if the system is developed further and teamplay more encouraged/rewarded...the change this patch is a step backwards...

19 minutes ago, SliverAeon said:

It's still beneficial to do missions together since there are more thralls spawning.

Arguable. Soloing defense still sees two per round for me, just less enemies to fight. Also it still depends on what point you are joining the mission (IE wave 3 on Defense) also whether or not someone has successfully killed a lich and stopped further spawns(though I expect this to be fixed).

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Further tweaks for Titania’s Empress Razorwing Skin to address cloth issues.

Third times a charm! ❤️

@[DE]Megan Could someone look into adding more details to the buffs Tribute gives. Currently it looks like 2 of them give a Damage boost.

(One of which does give a damage boost but does not specify what damage it is buffing.)

Spoiler

5.JPG

Edit: Titania's Wings are still not using custom colors. (Round 4!) 

230410_20191106174647_1.png?width=904&he

vor 1 Minute schrieb Avenaki:

Arguable. Soloing defense still sees two per round for me, just less enemies to fight. Also it still depends on what point you are joining the mission (IE wave 3 on Defense) also whether or not someone has successfully killed a lich and stopped further spawns(though I expect this to be fixed).

well, thats kinda okay though, but that doesnt mean removing every part that makes it worth teaming up for is a good decision. i think provoking more spawns in an unintended way should be patched, but that has pretty much 0 to do with removing the main reason to do liches in a group....especially considering that its already quite a lot of RNG and encourages trading duplicate requiems....

So did anyone playtest the Thrall changes to see if they were actually.. fun?

If you remove the fun you remove the desire to play, it's that simple guys. It's not fun to feel like there's no point playing in a squad in a multiplayer focused game. Why would I bother squading up when I can just spawn my Lich solo, get the 10x murmer bonus, and extract? It's not like we can do anything about other player's Liches showing up, and if someone just lets their Lich hang around it blocks other players Liches from showing up, thus blocking any progress those other players may want to make.

So I ask again - what incentive is there for me to play in a squad in a multiplayer game anymore?

I'd ask this from my main account but don't feel like logging, so if this seems weird coming from a new account yeah I get it.

edit: and another question - why even bother having public matchmaking for Thrall missions if the net benefit doesn't even matter? What's the point? I'm not trying to attack anyone here, but there's just some mechanics in there that make me shake my head.

As far as suggestions for improving this, what about if the Lich-bearer receives the 10x bonus, but squad members only receive a 2x or 2.5x bonus? It would still encourage squad play, but wouldn't be overly cheese like it was.

the Mercy action is only available to the player who damaged them last

I am sure that will result in exactly zero grief considering the pace and AoE slant Warframe has. please... just make it "whoever the hell wants" or predetermine the person who can Mercy them or something.

Gerade eben schrieb Rawbeard:

I am sure that will result in exactly zero grief considering the pace and AoE slant Warframe has. please... just make it "whoever the hell wants" or predetermine the person who can Mercy them or something.

the only real way would be 1 kuvaling per player and every player can only execute his/her own.

6 minutes ago, insight81 said:

Well hey to start great patch ty for updates love all the new content now to the point everybody’s complaining it’s to hard too much grind stop stop stop my lich beat me up stop stop stop so this is true end game content and now the tears come wtf..... stop stop stop smdh..... so everyone cried DE just doesn’t get it there’s no end game and wait this game isn’t hard I’m a god that can’t be killed does everyone remember that now DE steps the game up and the tears come DE know body will leave this game it’s a great game entitlement has shown itself if it takes weeks to complete something become better at it grow but if they nerf because of tears then you’ll never get better smdh keep up the good work DE don’t need let the lich lvl higher to where you need a team to beat them now the fire is on loving Warframe. 

My dude, my guy. I have a super powerful Chroma (With the highest PS possible), rivens that deal absurd amounts of damage, all the god tier weapons, and have a understanding of warframe far beyond any other game... But my lich literally ignored all of that. She still teleported all over the damn place, took 20 minutes to widdle down her health WITH a team, and she just. Kept. Spawning. Every misson, solo or in public she kept showing up. 

The only reason i was helped was because my team would benifit whether I failed to kill her or not. Its not that she wasnt challenging, it was that she was so hard to damage, and telaported so much that she made it a chore not a challenge. The team made it fun, we joked and had fun and felt good when they were able to complete their murmurs by helping me. I'm worried that kind of experience cant happen if my team cant benift. 

Honest question de do you honestly play your own damn game at this point? there are 13 different weapons already and the grind for murmurs sucks big time already and you make it even worse? '' Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead (is only meant to apply to the player that did the failing). '' are you actually serious right now?

Im actually done with this S#&$ty and pointless grind of yours see you when you fix your damn game and save it from the stupid grind feast and make it actually fun instead of giving us S#&$ to grind and hoping that would occupy us.

wow

1 hour ago, Doggo said:

Thanks for all those recent hotfixes,

However we don't have any indicator in our HUD to show which Arcane is currently equipped in our warframe. We do have this for mods, but not for arcanes, and when we do trade those arcanes, all our builds are usually with 1 or even 2 arcane missing due to the fact they are not equipped. A simple label over them showing "EQUIPPED" would actually resolve this problem of manually fixing each build after an arcane trade.

No changes for Condition Overload being useless less decent? Adding it as multiplicative on pressure point will actually make melees status-based really useful. 

It already makes melee status builds useful;  it is much better than pressure point in such builds.

13 minutes ago, insight81 said:

there's this key, on your keyboard, it's in-between m and . 

idk, maybe you'd like it

15 minutes ago, Cephalon_Baphoma said:

My dude, my guy. I have a super powerful Chroma (With the highest PS possible), rivens that deal absurd amounts of damage, all the god tier weapons, and have a understanding of warframe far beyond any other game... But my lich literally ignored all of that. She still teleported all over the damn place, took 20 minutes to widdle down her health WITH a team, and she just. Kept. Spawning. Every misson, solo or in public she kept showing up. 

The only reason i was helped was because my team would benifit whether I failed to kill her or not. Its not that she wasnt challenging, it was that she was so hard to damage, and telaported so much that she made it a chore not a challenge. The team made it fun, we joked and had fun and felt good when they were able to complete their murmurs by helping me. I'm worried that kind of experience cant happen if my team cant benift. 

If it helps at all with actually killing the lich, I've noticed Magnetize on Mag with a good paired weapon (I use a corrosive status Tigris Prime) will take down their bars nearly instantly even at rank 5.

These duplicates ffs DE, these murmurs no matter what you did (increase/decrease)  thrall spawns, % (increase/decrease) gain per mumur  removed requim mods from the thralls, proceeds to say it was a mistake.....but ok ,no matter how hard the community yells "tone it down a bit" you all play deaf or dumb. It is horrendous to grind all these kuva weps not to mention the forma part to gain XP. I have been playing since morning only to pick up where I left off from yesterday finally got all clues this evening. What am I going to do with these duplicates? Aim it at Ordis? Game has become a utter joke now.

Archived