Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.5

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, AzureFlash said:

Keep it classy, Warframe players

Solo play is greatly underrated

Now you damn well know that it makes no sense to turn off people to actually having teamwork in a co-op. Solo is not underrated, people do it all the time. There was literal incentive, and they took that incentive away. They could have lowered the degree of the amount of exp for requiem that everyone (besides the player that has that lich) gets. But no, they decide to just completely get rid of it. Makes sense that people would be pissed.

while im here, ide also love to point out how fast they seem to be nerfing good stuff but how slow they seem to be at fixing things everyone wants fixing, for example remember when they added the hotfix that made it so thralls dropped requiem relics, but they were straight up dropping the mods instead? that felt good, nerfed within hours, then they make the hotfix so everyone gets 10x the murmur progress for someone failing to kill their lich while trying to find the right requiem mod combo, changed so only the person failing the attempt gets the progress the very next day, but fixing a bug people are experiencing where kuva floods arent giving the guaranteed requiem relic? making changes people are asking for to make it less of a chore, and other things people want fixing? oh nooo, they arent helping make things feel more fun and less of a pain in the ass, so they dont need fixing right away

they broke one of the models for an operator cosmetic last year and it STILL hasnt been fixed, i used it all the time before it was broken, this was all the way back when they made operator "waist cosmetics" their own thing instead of being stuck to their respective sets chest pieces

143 hotfixes since chimera update and still no fix for melee locking your movement and momentum isn't working.

staticor is still firing on one hand instead of both hands.

Sword and shield's shields are being holstered too high despite using final harbinger.

Before chimera update:

koQE7oR.jpg

now:

DzgfwBv.jpg

•  

While a lot of people are mad about the group progress thing, group progress shouldn't be that much more efficient in this system. Groups have a massive farming advantage in a lot of content, but why should they have one in a system that's about your personal nemesis? The feedback instead should be that the process in general is too slow and should either be sped up for everyone, solo or grouped, OR that the process should be more rewarding if it's going to take that long. 

There also should be some incentive to help people with their lich when you are playing in a public group, but the incentive shouldn't be, "this system is untenable as a solo player so we're just doing public missions out of necessity." 

Don't know if you guys are already aware of these, but I have a few bugs for you::

1. You can no longer dismount your archwing in open world maps. Pressing melee has no effect. The only way is to smack into a pond or something. Keybindings appear normal.

2. Hoverboards always deploy backwards. When you use the launcher your character immediately flips around to face the opposite direction that you were facing. Works fine when hopping on existing hoverboard.

5 minutes ago, Borg1611 said:

While a lot of people are mad about the group progress thing, group progress shouldn't be that much more efficient in this system. Groups have a massive farming advantage in a lot of content, but why should they have one in a system that's about your personal nemesis? The feedback instead should be that the process in general is too slow and should either be sped up for everyone, solo or grouped, OR that the process should be more rewarding if it's going to take that long. 

There also should be some incentive to help people with their lich when you are playing in a public group, but the incentive shouldn't be, "this system is untenable as a solo player so we're just doing public missions out of necessity." 

he's right you know, maybe get some kuva for helping on a lich or something nice like that.

34 minutes ago, Squid646 said:

So, you're not going to nerf the Grendel missions (Missions to get Grendel Parts)? This "No Mod" crap is ridiculous. It isn't even truly "No Mods", you removed our use of Gear items and Void Kid.

-snip-

It's monotonousness but easily soloed with some frames. If you happen to have Hildryn, you can easily solo all 3 with her and basically whatever melee weapon, just use heavy slam attacks a lot. That's how I did it. On defense if you need to let the point recharge/heal a bit you can CC at the end of a round with aegis storm for a bit, or stand between the last ranged enemy and the point and just block all the shots for awhile. The missions are very long solo but mechanically very easy if you use Hildryn. On the excavation power cell spawns become scarce solo so you end up having to just get 20-40 cryotic at a time and just keep moving on. 

Posting this in the new thread in hopes the DEVs will see it:

10 minutes ago, Dyneomite said:

Touching on the subject of getting the same Kuva weapons, I think the current idea with merging them is half right. The problem is that once I have a weapon at, say 35%, any time i get the same weapon below that is just a waste of my time. We should be able to merge 2 of the same weapon, with the same element for an overall stronger weapon. This would keep the grind that you folks at DE love, and give the players a reason to still want these lower % weapons, as they wouldn't be completely worthless. As an example we could take a 25% weapon, and its merge value would be 2.5%. This would need to be balanced to use whichever of the two weapons has the higher % as the base and keep any forma and whatnot on the existing weapon, but this is the version I would like to see implemented.

I would also like to be able to use Kuva in place of void traces to rank up Requiem relics. I don't have enough void traces to rank up my regular relics, let alone these new ones. I also think being able to recharge our requiem mods with Kuva would be a nice alternative to farming new ones.

The whole theme of this update is supposed to be about Kuva and how it is used and affects things, but we as the player can only use it on rivens, save for the handful of crafting items its needed in.

Still no fix for:

1. Kuva Flood rescue not dropping a relic even with 100% drop chance. Even after 3 hotfixes and dozens of reports

2. Wukong's Iron Staff range has been halved while not mentioned in patch notes. Max range is 6m...same as other weapons even with 12x combo, completely negating the fact its range is supposed to increase with combo meter.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead (is only meant to apply to the player that did the failing). While all Thralls share Requiem Murmurs, the Lich entity itself is exclusive to a player. This also fixes receiving Requiem Murmur progress when successfully killing a Kuva Lich - only failure/testing of your Requiem on a Kuva Lich will grant Murmur progress

I agree with everyone who dislikes this change. This one single "bug" made not only 3rd bar bearable to farm, but it also did one key thing. It made the whole random party focus on liches. It's was a buetiful thing to see everyone cooperate in every single part of Lich hunt since everyone got something from it. Everything "fixed" here should be reverted back to keep people helping each other.

2 hours ago, Rev14 said:

Uh, no? We finally have something a little bit interesting to fight expect sorties or wasting time in endless mission. If it's because it's too hard for you, go gear yourself and come back. Liche's rewards are not a necessity anyways.

Fighting level 90 bombards is interesting?  Guess you and I have different definitions of the word.

Oh and guess, what. i got my first 2 options right. correct order. Ris followed by fass. that means i have one left. wich according to the game is Vome. But yet it counted as if it was the wrong parazon mod? 

Yeah, didnt fix anything afaik. Just made it more grindy, and appearently more buggy.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead (is only meant to apply to the player that did the failing). While all Thralls share Requiem Murmurs, the Lich entity itself is exclusive to a player. This also fixes receiving Requiem Murmur progress when successfully killing a Kuva Lich - only failure/testing of your Requiem on a Kuva Lich will grant Murmur progress.

What's the reasoning for this change? I've been farming liches solo so this doesn't affect me, but it's easy to tell at a glance that this is clearly going to obstruct and demote co-operation, when the incentives don't line up across the whole squad.

Is the goal to push players into soloing their liches? Unless it is, this isn't a good call. This is going to be the mess that Wolf invasions were all over again.

3 minutes ago, AnFangs said:

What's the reasoning for this change? I've been farming liches solo so this doesn't affect me, but it's easy to tell at a glance that this is clearly going to obstruct and demote co-operation, when the incentives don't line up across the whole squad.

Is the goal to push players into soloing their liches? Unless it is, this isn't a good call. This is going to be the mess that Wolf invasions were all over again.

Isn't it obvious?

They removed kuva drops because people were getting too many rewards from doing liches.

They removed this group aspect because they want people to take much more time when doing liches. The entire game is a timesink grind. And this lich thing is a fantastic example of a bunch of extra steps to get some loot. 5 forma to get mastery rank of each weapon LOL. Doing RNG siphons to get RNG relics to get RNG fissure rewards to get RNG codes for each lich to get RNG weapon drop.

No need to be nice about it. 

17 minutes ago, SQLOwns said:Fighting level 90 bombards is interesting?  Guess you and I have different definitions of the word.

well, yes it is, one shot every thing by only spamming an ability, tanking every damn attack by doing nothing but standing there is indeed not fun. If you want an AFK game i suggest you to try Runescape, you Know.  High level content make you think about how you should gear yourself.  But it looks like thinking is not for everyone. 

edit: with a right build you can actually tank and one shot lvl 90 bombard, so like I said in my first post, go gear yourself and come back. The only difference is that you have to pay attention of what you do. With lower mission,you don’t

12 hours ago, Melanholic7 said:

thorns reflect 50% enemy dmg and also gives 50% damage reduction, if i remember corrctly. But yeah thats not clear from a tooltip

I understand how it works (Main ❤️)  it is misleading / confusing to people that don't already know what they do.

Archived