Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.5

[DE]Megan

Ya'll gonna do anything about duplicate Kuva weapons? I got a Kuva Kohm at 55% radiation a few days ago. My current Lich has a Kuva Kohm at 35% radiation. Infusion doesn't help unless I can give my current Kuva Kohm a full 90% radiation through infusion. I don't even like the Kohm to begin with, it wastes so much ammo, but if I want a new Lich I have kill or convert my current one. That's no good DE. Grinding should be worthwhile. And getting a weapon that's weaker than what you currently have isn't worthwhile. I've all but abandoned the Kuva Lich system until it gets overhauled. Would rather grind out Vitus Essence and Kuva, the only two things I've been doing and the things that cause me to get burned out and bored, than play a slot machine that gives garbage when you do eventually win the "jackpot".

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead (is only meant to apply to the player that did the failing). While all Thralls share Requiem Murmurs, the Lich entity itself is exclusive to a player. This also fixes receiving Requiem Murmur progress when successfully killing a Kuva Lich - only failure/testing of your Requiem on a Kuva Lich will grant Murmur progress.

At this point you really need to de-nerf the third ring and bring it to 60% like the other 2 or give more % on each thrall. The only thing that sped up even a little and made the farm bearable was helping others killing their lich. Now we don't have a reason to help other players, as you quickly fixed.

And give us a "delete lich" button. If you are concerned about balancing give us2 uses per day, and make it scale with mr (show vets some love, from time to time.) I just want 1 of each weapon to get the mr, not interest in fusing them. Btw, call it a bug but for the first time in this update with that 10% from other's liches i actually had fun playing the game. Sad you quickly removed it.

Edit: Oh and, a question: how many liches can we convert? I mean, is there a point (beside the friendly visit in mission (which btw is bugged as my lich after saying hello follows me like a pet without ever hitting enemies) in converting? Do i lose my first if i convert more?

18 minutes ago, SliverAeon said:

Something else I question is why everyone needs added incentive to attack an enemy and help another player. Why is this needed? Isn't it normal to help each other out in public matches? I see this with riven challenges all the time, with revives, etc. If you really need to be bribed to damage an opponent in a game all about damaging opponents, well... That's kind of sad.

I think you are overlooking the opportunity cost here.  It isn't help vs. not help.  It is help kill someone else's lich that others get nothing from vs. kill thralls to get murmur progress from vs. finish / extract to get the next mission going.  Prior to this change, there was a pretty great incentive to help people with their lich.  Now, it is a cost to do so since the vast majority of people are only playing these missions for murmurs or to fight their own lich.

Your argument would be on more solid ground if there were a reason to run these aside from murmurs.  I think that is why quite a few people, myself included, that wanted the Kuva rewards from thralls to stay.  As it is, without an additional reward, players in public groups are going to generally do what benefits them the most in regard to personal lich progress. Sure clan mates and occasional random pub players will act selflessly, but I think you will find most people will either not play pub or will not help with other's lich targets with this change in order to maximize their own progress.

Melee rework .... So nothing really changed to make the problems we have with the update better....

Grendel updates... considering all the feedback (which for once is fairly consistent between players) I'd have expected better than this as 'improvements'

Kuva liches... basically more grind again, yay...

3 minutes ago, Dolerhyde said:

I think you are overlooking the opportunity cost here.  It isn't help vs. not help.  It is help kill someone else's lich that others get nothing from vs. kill thralls to get murmur progress from vs. finish / extract to get the next mission going.  Prior to this change, there was a pretty great incentive to help people with their lich.  Now, it is a cost to do so since the vast majority of people are only playing these missions for murmurs or to fight their own lich.

Your argument would be on more solid ground if there were a reason to run these aside from murmurs.  I think that is why quite a few people, myself included, that wanted the Kuva rewards from thralls to stay.  As it is, without an additional reward, players in public groups are going to generally do what benefits them the most in regard to personal lich progress. Sure clan mates and occasional random pub players will act selflessly, but I think you will find most people will either not play pub or will not help with other's lich targets with this change in order to maximize their own progress.

Nailed it. Why would I want to deal with other peoples Liches if it doesn't benefit me in the slightest? Solo from here on I guess, seeing as Thrall spawns are capped no matter what from what I understand.

I just got my fourth Chakkhurr (out of 7 Liches), please do something about duplicates.
It is really frustrating and induces burnout as you get nothing for your effort over and over again.

I do not even want to bother with U26 anymore... and that is after just 7 Liches.

You should be able to reroll Liches/donate them to your dojo as originally planned, or you could have made the weapons tradable.
How about giving players the option to melt down 10 weapons for a kuva weapon of their choice?
There are so many things you could have done (or still do) to alleviate the frustration.

• Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead (is only meant to apply to the player that did the failing). While all Thralls share Requiem Murmurs, the Lich entity itself is exclusive to a player. This also fixes receiving Requiem Murmur progress when successfully killing a Kuva Lich - only failure/testing of your Requiem on a Kuva Lich will grant Murmur progress.

BAD
Why? cause what incentive do I have to help other people's Lich?
Least give like HALF of murmur or some relics or other stuff

Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead (is only meant to apply to the player that did the failing).

Great, thanks for letting me know I can stop playing again. See you all in a year!

Grendel Pulverize no longer ends when he runs out of consumed targets, instead it starts draining Energy like Ember’s Immolation

So then what's the point of eating something to run pulverize?  You're draining energy all the time, may as well just leave it as Pulverize draining energy.

When you hunt for kuva larving in exterminate mission on sedna and use excal umbra. if you blind the kuva larving with your ability and then use finnisher on it with skiajati, kuva larving becomes invincible and you cannot mercy kill her

36 minutes ago, CeruleanHex said:

You gotta rescue the target or set off the targets alarms first before the door opens. If it still doesn't open by that point it's actually glitched.

no lights on the door. its a dead end door and the siphons behind it. look closely.

The current lich system has nothing to motivate players to help other to kill liches.If had a increase in players in PUBS that leave after they fail to kill them and some of them force host migration it isnt fun.

The murmur gain was something that lessen this problem by a bit.

Archived