Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.5

[DE]Megan

I was quite happy with other peoples' Lich appearances actually helping everyone, it made putting up with theirs something to actually look forward to. It encouraged multiplayer. If you guys think the previous rate of other players' Liches counting just as much as our own was a tad too generous, then how about let us still get something for them as an agreeable middle ground, such as half of the murmur progress ours is worth. 

Unintended or not, it undeniably had a positive effect on peoples' disposition toward the whole Lich system. Everybody likes the positive feedback of feeling rewarded for what they're doing. If it's just extra work with nothing to show for, then it's just a chore and annoyance. 

I get so many relics from the Thralls now that I think the relic farm is just what you need to do to get started. After that there is no need to farm more relics in Kuva missions.

It was really fun to play during the period where the Thralls dropped Requiems and Kuva. There had been a lots of Thralls and that was cool. I don't know how that guy got 13k Kuva in one mission, so I hope you just look into reducing that number and give us the Kuva back. And more Thralls please.

I don't really like the RNG on weapons. Would be nice to have a way to get the maximum of the stat with extra effort.

In this topic I see 2 main groups of people fighting each other:  Ones that want the other to kill their liches (we'll name them "Pro-Kill") and those that for some reasons don't want to kill their liches (let's name them "Pro-Peace" for distinction). Recent hotfix brought some changes that for one group was straight nerf and for second one was rather relieving.

Let's just point out some reasons for both groups:

1. Pro-Kill
- Lich belonging to a passive player (Pro-Peace one) blocks other lich spawn, wich effectively restricts other players in squad to advance with their own lich progress (kill it or test requiem mods combination).
- Hotfix removing shared murmur progress for testing lich, straight-up strips Pro-Kill players from additonal murmur progress, while Pro-Peace lich is in play.

2. Pro-Peace
- Pro-Peace player may consider himself too weak and don't want to rank up his lich and power him up without a reasons. For example, he knows all mods required to kill his lich, but don't have those, or maybe he discovered only one mod, but does not possess other mods for brute-force testing.
- Hotfix removing shared murmur progress for testing lich, removes the pressure from other players to kill his lich, making his playthroug more enjoyable. Remember that most judgmental players about not killing lich are those who don't even bother to help with it and were just for free murmur progress.

Instead of taking a side of one party, there should be some kind of compromise, that would satisfy both sides.
Taking in acount points writen above we can conclude that we need:

- Some kind of mechanics, that will reward Pro-Kill players for helping Pro-Peace players during the fight.
- Some kind of mechanics, that will remove idle lich from mission if Pro-Peace player really don't want to test/kill him.

Execution for those mechanics can be various (if DE will even try to come out with some idea. One of ideas below @[DE]Megan<wink wink>).
For example: After successfull kill / unsuccesfull test, lich owner is rewarded with 10x murmur progress and other players, who at least dealt some % of total damage to lich will get, I dunno, 5x murmur progress. If lich is ignored, after a few minutes being idle, he mocks / judges player, leaves the mission and steal more loot at the end of it (or put other type of little punishment here).

In conclusiion: It's easy to stay on one side, ignore problems of the other and then complain over changes that's not on your favor. That's where "You can't please everyone" is from. Maybe more constructive feedback, not focused on one side of problem, will help with fixing more issues in this grind-fest of a game (if, of course, DE will be willing to read some of it).

xoxo
Random internet boi.

vor 17 Stunden schrieb captain_bruh:

still cant leave archwing while in PoE or orb vallis -_- 

You have to melee-lock by holding F and use the "Heavy attack" to dismount. No point of using an archwing right now. Can't even use Q or X to dismount.

There is a bug in the amount or Murmur requiered. The first one is good and you can clearly see that this is 60% of what they used to. But the second require way more Murmur than the First one and the LAST one require even more than the Second. I think the % are bugged or not at the intended value. 

Melee crits are still bugged. 100% yellow crits should only happen when you have exactly 100% crit chance, at lower it should be a mix of white and yellow and at higher orange and yellow, while currently you can get 100% yellow crits with just the weapon base crit chance, which is significantly below 100%. Yellow and red crits should be impossible at the same crit chance, but you can currently get both (a primary weapon with a vigilante mod can do this, but no such mods exist for melee weapons).

16 minutes ago, mizeriq said:

Melee crits are still bugged. 100% yellow crits should only happen when you have exactly 100% crit chance, at lower it should be a mix of white and yellow and at higher orange and yellow, while currently you can get 100% yellow crits with just the weapon base crit chance, which is significantly below 100%. Yellow and red crits should be impossible at the same crit chance, but you can currently get both (a primary weapon with a vigilante mod can do this, but no such mods exist for melee weapons).

Yesterday I experienced the opposite for a while. My zaw with 18% base crit chance and bloodrush wouldn't even get yellow crits, as if the weapon had 0 base crit. I'm not sure if it was related to toxic lash or something else but yeah I wasn't getting any crits. 

18 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed ALL players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad fails to kill their Kuva Lich instead (is only meant to apply to the player that did the failing). While all Thralls share Requiem Murmurs, the Lich entity itself is exclusive to a player. This also fixes receiving Requiem Murmur progress when successfully killing a Kuva Lich - only failure/testing of your Requiem on a Kuva Lich will grant Murmur progress.
  • Fixed ability to spawn more than the maximum amount of Thralls per mission if you leave them waiting for Mercy. Literally

On the other hand, why not get increase our Murmur's teeny weeny progress (I estimated that it takes 50 thralls to finish 1 hint) or increase/remove the spawn rate and cap of thralls? Oh wait, spawn rate playing solo is pathetically low for all missions anyway.

Now that the only method we can spawn thralls faster is cut off, I should play solo to trial and error my requiem mods?

NO, WHY?

1. To attract the lich, we have to kill thralls to increase the anger meter(angry lich means easy spawn chance of lich). I knew this because from my squads, my lich continued to "be angry" even when I failed my mod attempts while they were hunting thralls.

2. Thrall spawn rate is reduced, anger meter fills slowly.

3. Low chance of lich spawn, less chance to try out mod combination

But playing as a team is good?

NO, WHY?

1. It's pointless to team up to hunt thralls anyway since we're only filling up our own murmur bar(which was the purpose of the team murmur hunt).

2. And it applies to the failed trials on the lich.

See how the grind of the lich hunt is increased? The incentive to play together to find more thralls, or increase the lich  anger meter is gone. I'm good that we can opt out now, might as well leave before the whole lich becomes impossible to kill.

While we are at it, remove the stupid mechanic of a requiem mod going inert after 3 uses. Make it rechargable with Kuva or 3-time-use per day.

After I have killed my lich, I won't touch this ever again unless changed - even if I do enjoy the higher levels of enemies.

19 hours ago, Doggo said:

Thanks for all those recent hotfixes,

However we don't have any indicator in our HUD to show which Arcane is currently equipped in our warframe. We do have this for mods, but not for arcanes, and when we do trade those arcanes, all our builds are usually with 1 or even 2 arcane missing due to the fact they are not equipped. A simple label over them showing "EQUIPPED" would actually resolve this problem of manually fixing each build after an arcane trade.

No changes for Condition Overload being useless less decent? Adding it as multiplicative on pressure point will actually make melees status-based really useful.

Also, once again, after an hotfix Eidolons are broken again.

pls fix eidolons 😞

Hey Lich Hunters,

It is obvious by the impassioned responses here that the last hotfix and Murmur changes left a bad taste in some people’s mouths. The initial granting of Murmur progression was unintentional, but in those 24 hours, it seems that many of you have enjoyed the incentive to play together for shared benefits on Kuva Lich hunting.

As a result, we are discussing internally about incentives and ways to mitigate some of the pain points many of you have. As always, new systems take some time to settle in and we will be doing several balance passes. Your enemy is a personal one, but Warframe is ultimately a co-op experience and we want to make sure that is encouraged and rewarded fairly.

7 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:

Hey Lich Hunters,

It is obvious by the impassioned responses here that the last hotfix and Murmur changes left a bad taste in some people’s mouths. The initial granting of Murmur progression was unintentional, but in those 24 hours, it seems that many of you have enjoyed the incentive to play together for shared benefits on Kuva Lich hunting.

As a result, we are discussing internally about incentives and ways to mitigate some of the pain points many of you have. As always, new systems take some time to settle in and we will be doing several balance passes. Your enemy is a personal one, but Warframe is ultimately a co-op experience and we want to make sure that it encouraged and rewarded fairly.

you are aware that the larva does not spawn for some player?

il y a 5 minutes, [DE]Bear a dit :

Hey Lich Hunters,

As a result, we are discussing internally about incentives and ways to mitigate some of the pain points many of you have. As always, new systems take some time to settle in and we will be doing several balance passes. Your enemy is a personal one, but Warframe is ultimately a co-op experience and we want to make sure that is encouraged and rewarded fairly.

Thanks for recognizing this. I hope I will be able to hunt kuva liches together with my friends soon, as of now the new update has been more of a splitting experience, funneling everyone into their own occupied nodes.

Please do also consider adding additional rewards, once a player has acquired all guns this system can be ignored as it isn't tied to anything ele in the game.

BUG

After initiating the ropalolyst fight you will get the reset effect you usually get when falling off the map, even though you are not. Happened to me 3 times in 1 mission, 2 times in the next one.

Also in regards to what Bear said, Warframe is not a strictly co-op experience, some of us preferring to grind alone due to bad experiences with random people.

3 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:

Hey Lich Hunters,

As a result, we are discussing internally about incentives and ways to mitigate some of the pain points many of you have. As always, new systems take some time to settle in and we will be doing several balance passes. Your enemy is a personal one, but Warframe is ultimately a co-op experience and we want to make sure that it encouraged and rewarded fairly.

Appreciate y’all looking further into this. Right now it’s a VERY frequent occurrence where other players in your squad will refuse to interact with their Kuva Lich when it shows up. Some of it seems to stem from a lack of clarity in the system itself and perhaps not understanding there’s a frustration for the other squad members when you don’t sacrifice yourself to the Lich. 

Beyond that, my Lich experiences have been largely positive, but this “Lich spawn hijacking” is a frequent enough trend to be a little concerning. It’s an ambitious and interesting system, but it does feel a little more frustrating in some of the details than past experiences in Warframe. 

One UI suggestion would be some indication of whose Lich it is that’s spawned into the mission. I haven’t noticed anything on screen, so usually it leads to a conversation in hopes someone will claim him (or enough people will eliminate themselves to know through deductive reasoning).

14 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:

Hey Lich Hunters,

Thanks bear for continuously updating for us on the fourms! 

Archived