Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How can you like the new melee?

MystikNeko

38 minutes ago, Kylo. said:

0.13 * (1+0.4*12) => 1?

By my calculations a melee needs at least 18% Status Chance to reach 100% Status chance at 12x Combo Counter.

Your calculation would work if Weeping wounds would increase status chance by at least 55.7692% for each Combo Multiplier.

Oh my bad, I was thinking 60%.  Regardless, 17~18% status is on most notable melee weapons.

The damage ceiling was on a different planet for melee before this, and only for a handful of weapons that could make use of the one melee build to rule them all.

This update isn't perfect, hek, several stances for weapons are still either messed up or incomplete, but in terms of the numbers more weapons are now out of the area where they literally tickle anything past level 50, and to me at least that is a worthy sacrifice.

6 hours ago, Aldain said:

The damage ceiling was on a different planet for melee before this, and only for a handful of weapons that could make use of the one melee build to rule them all.

This update isn't perfect, hek, several stances for weapons are still either messed up or incomplete, but in terms of the numbers more weapons are now out of the area where they literally tickle anything past level 50, and to me at least that is a worthy sacrifice.

why did they have do mess with scaling and take away the ability to effectively deal with high end enemies in order to do that? they didn't they could have just had a look at ways of improving stuff at the lower end of the spectrum,  now everything tickles high level enemies. also its not like we didn't have stuff to deal with level 50's now we have nothing that will deal with the real high level stuff at all

15 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

You're just dancing around the facts again. Me and another guy already explained to you how your definition of unbalanced is utterly wrong.

And YOU need to read properly my post. No mission can be properly challenging if one aspect of the game is ten time stronger than all others, thus you are forced to use those weapons or make way too ez missions. 

And your excuse of "use an unmoded skana"... Really, you'll use that sheet excuse ? How about YOU go use your fully moded weapons on Eprime ? That way you won't feel the nerf to your previously op, meta defining and game breaking weapons.

you were not forced to use the previous meta at all unless you were going 4 endurance runs your logic is flawed. getting rid of the old meta just brings in a new meta and no doubt you'll claim to be forced to use that in a few months so that will get changed absolute mental gymnastics to avoid calling it a nerf. ppl saying br/co meta was to powerful well guess what they are still the meta its just c/o has replaced primed pressure point on everything with half decent status instead of being used to boost status weapons to compete with crit ones. the changes to mods have made the system even more bland that it was b4,

18 hours ago, CephalonSolo said:

Cause u didn't try the easiest way to combo attack yet , instead of keeping slide attack , u actually need to think what to use to be more efficient , and btw u can oneshot lv 150 bombard instead of keeping attack him like stupid as before... Is just make more sense , more style and everything , the meele is still King in dmf but now u can use all the weapons not only staff polyarms type or the atterax scoliac .. I'm using fang prime and it's working who the #*!% care of everything else... Btw inaros ... Ahahah

pics  pr id didnt happen

16 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

It's so much more fluid and confortable than before ?

Combos are viably inputable, you don't need to press block on the third hit of an inhumanly fast and unreadable attack chain ?

It's obviously a bit more balanced ?

Have you ever considered this : before, you could go to around X level of ennemies max, regardless of how many hours of mot it took you to get there. Now, that max lvl you can take down is reduced, but since melee is still stronger than guns overall, it just means it takes that much less time on Mot to get there. But the challenge is the same (getting one shot by a lvl 150 or 300 is the same, it's a one shot), what about actually engaging with the new challenge instead of crying ? Because if they just changed the stats of lvl300 ennemies to be those of current lvl150, you wouldn't even see a difference (assuming you were using gram and not copterax, this one has been really and rightfully nerfed). If that's the problem, you're just frustrated that you can't brag about taking down as high lvl ennemies as before, which is utterly meaningless, and crying for more power disparity between gears is just hurting the game.

And if you are complaining about this for regular play (because yes, hours of Mot, although you can have at it, is not intended play), stop whinning. It takes a bit more time for BR to kick in, big deal. All my old CO/BR weapons are fairing perfectly fine against lvl 90-120 lich missions, much stronger that my rivened tombfinger once BR has kicked in, which really doesn't take that long.

so much wrong with this hours of mot is not intended play says who you? cause it would seem that as the devs put in endless missions ad then added rewards that go up the longer you stay the evidence points to it being entirely intended. disparity between gears hurting the game says who that's literally a key part of looters that some loot is strnger than others to encourage ppl to farm it having all the gear the same would hurt the game smh.  theres other stuff but i dont see the point wasting my time answering it all.

Edited by mawdeeps

26 minutes ago, mawdeeps said:

bad ones?

Fun ones.

19 minutes ago, mawdeeps said:

why did they have do mess with scaling and take away the ability to effectively deal with high end enemies in order to do that? they didn't they could have just had a look at ways of improving stuff at the lower end of the spectrum,  now everything tickles high level enemies. also its not like we didn't have stuff to deal with level 50's now we have nothing that will deal with the real high level stuff at all

Because believe it or not, the game is not balanced around long endurance runs. The previous meta meant that anything star chart level melted to spin spam.

3 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Fun ones.

Because believe it or not, the game is not balanced around long endurance runs. The previous meta meant that anything star chart level melted to spin spam.

star chart level stuff still melts to most stuff  be it abilities or guns or melee. the whole game wasnt balanced around endurance runs before its just their was melee scaling that could keep up with armor scaling with br the way it was.  now there is not not sure why ppl wanted that removed as unless they were doing endurance runs it was up to them weather they used it and in most cases it was better to just have up front damage at low level. sp explain to me how no longer being able to use melee to deal with high level enemies helps anyone

Edited by mawdeeps

25 minutes ago, mawdeeps said:

because this is the first of many steps to giving the game the PROPER BALANCE it so desperately needs. I sure as hell do not like getting oneshot out of nowhere (which seems to be happening more and more since TOB dropped, mainly against grineer of all things...hmmm). As it stands, the only enemies I have problems still killing in melee are Nox due to their dmg mitigating armor for everywhere but their heads :|)

As for the melee stuff, I like it, but i feel that some combos are boring as hell STILL, Ive actually been using scythes these last few days, in particular Reaper Prime....and while it is amazing for clearing unarmored trash, armor is still a problem at higher levels until my slash procs kick in during my crit frenzy (constantly red crits at 12x mult w/ rank 8 BR) but its back to the same thing of NOT knowing which combos are good without puling up an OUT OF GAME wiki.

3 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

because this is the first of many steps to giving the game the PROPER BALANCE it so desperately needs. I sure as hell do not like getting oneshot out of nowhere (which seems to be happening more and more since TOB dropped, mainly against grineer of all things...hmmm). As it stands, the only enemies I have problems still killing in melee are Nox due to their dmg mitigating armor for everywhere but their heads :|)

As for the melee stuff, I like it, but i feel that some combos are boring as hell STILL, Ive actually been using scythes these last few days, in particular Reaper Prime....and while it is amazing for clearing unarmored trash, armor is still a problem at higher levels until my slash procs kick in during my crit frenzy (constantly red crits at 12x mult w/ rank 8 BR) but its back to the same thing of NOT knowing which combos are good without puling up an OUT OF GAME wiki.

armors a problrm at high level (insert suprise piikachu) its almost as if bloodrush scaling as it used to was a way of dealing with the infinite scaling of health and armor

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mawdeeps said:

armors a problrm at high level (insert suprise piikachu) its almost as if bloodrush scaling as it used to was a way of dealing with the infinite scaling of health and armor

well yeah, DE themselves said in one of the streams that they placed a cap and lowered its boost specifically for that reason.

as for high levels, yeah but even certain enemies have stupid amounts of armor in comparison to other enemies of similar levels (Napalms and Bombards are a good example)

Just now, Kalvorax said:

well yeah, DE themselves said in one of the streams that they placed a cap and lowered its boost specifically for that reason.

as for high levels, yeah but even certain enemies have stupid amounts of armor in comparison to other enemies of similar levels (Napalms and Bombards are a good example)

so why are you championing changes that eliminated 1 of the ways if dealing with that?

1 hour ago, mawdeeps said:

so why are you championing changes that eliminated 1 of the ways if dealing with that?

Why are you acting as if it was something that was supposed to be dealt with, rather than a system put in place to prevent players from playing missions for hours?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kalvorax said:

I sure as hell do not like getting oneshot out of nowhere (which seems to be happening more and more since TOB dropped, mainly against grineer of all things...hmmm)

If you're seeing this happen when hunting liches, it's not the Grineer, it's the shortbus kids on your team bringing Saryn or some other AoE frame, getting radiation proced, then proceeding to wipe their team.

Really don't know why DE thought that was a good idea.

3 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Why are you acting as if it was something that was supposed to be dealt with, rather than a system put in place to prevent players from playing missions for hours?

o no someone is playing the game in a way you don't approve of

better go cri on the forums for nerfs

I think "old melee" refers most to the scaling potential.

The new melee changes would make more sense in the context of different enemy scaling..
higher low end, lower high end with diminishing returns.

Fighting level 300+ enemies with a handful of possible permutations of weapon/mods is something that seems
to be going away, in place of that will be hundreds of weapons capable of replicating the feel of those kills,
without the meta bottleneck.

There's no reason to have over 500 weapons in game when only 10 of them soar into the millions of damage,
and large swathes of the rest did less than 100, and could not scale whatsoever.. or were so in-optimal, there
was no point for them to exist. It was a waste of potential and assets.

It was also miserable to have to conform to the meta in order to just compete in higher end mission. Better
base capability means fewer people being incompetent in mission, and more people enjoying themselves.
It means giving purpose and value to so much work that's been lying dormant in this game for years.

I CAN use my Shaku and Ack & Brunt now. I don't HAVE TO run a maiming strike, blood rush, CO style
build to not catch flak for jeopardizing some try-hard's mission. The more we can escape that, the better.

Edited by kapn655321