Jump to content

Hey guys, are we fine with Lich trading?


Evanescent
 Share

Recommended Posts

Heya folks.

Just woke up to find the devpost on lich improvements here:

And I find mostly good stuff until I come up to lich trading.

What?

I was fearful of the layers upon layers of RNG grind involved with Liches, but I was fine with a nice toothsome pursuit to sink my teeth into. But this? This changes everything.

From what I see, and I hope that I have misunderstood, this is basically Rivens 2.0. Doesn't matter if you can only trade it once after converting, the ephemera and unique roll weapon will still most likely see high plat transactions.

It seems almost as if DE has realised the high revenue potential from the RIven market and applied it to the lich system.

hope hope hope I have overlooked, misread, misunderstood something. Because this not only cheapens the experience of what was promised to be a personal antagonist, but turns us into glorified slave traders.

But maybe this is just me, which is why I wanted to hear what you guys have to say. Because it it is indeed how I have perceived this to be, then this does not bode well for the game in the days to come. In a way, it feels like a foreshadowed event with the lich hunter bundle in the store that I saw after the update.

-Evan

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lich Trading was advertised ever since they first showed us gameplay at Tennocon.

There's no doubt players will put absurd prices on good rolls or ephemeras, and combinations of the 2 will likely go into the 1k plat range and higher.

Edited by TheRealShade
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It does kind of take away the feeling of having your own personal nemesis when you can just box them up and ship them off to other people. I personally think converted Liches shouldn't be tradable. They're your enemy, created (technically unintentionally) by you with the purpose of destroying you, only to become your most powerful ally for showing them mercy and sparing their lives. It really cheapens the whole experience selling them off to other players for another Lich's gun or ephemera. Morally speaking, you could even say it's very #*!%ed up even by genocidal Tenno standards.

At the very least, I'm hoping you can only trade Liches for other Liches and not platinum or unrelated items.

Edited by Pizzarugi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Evanescent said:

I might have overlooked that, could you link me the sauce please?

The issue remains.

Can't right now, on my way to work, but it was talked about during the Kuva Lich gameplay from last Tennocon I believe.

Edit: They may also make it so you can only trade Liches between each other and nothing else.

Edited by TheRealShade
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TheRealShade said:

Can't right now, on my way to work, but it was talked about during the Kuva Lich gameplay from last Tennocon I believe.

Edit: They may also make it so you can only trade Liches between each other and nothing else.

Liches for liches would be better, yeah.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NoLazyShadow said:

Since the whole lich system is RNG on top of RNG with no reward because you got another Ogris, trading litches for weapon you can't get is good thing.

You'd be right, if we didn't know what happens when you let us trade unique roll items.

What's funny is you will be getting weapons other than your 55th ogris because they are putting in duplicate protection. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 844448 said:

I think it's better if you put the current active lich to trade instead of converted, something like a bounty board

I don't know about trading, but a bounty board is a strangely appealing idea! Maybe if a way was found for healthy exchanges of liches then that would be a nice way to spin it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

It does kind of take away the feeling of having your own personal nemesis when you can just box them up and ship them off to other people. I personally think converted Liches shouldn't be tradable. They're your enemy, created (technically unintentionally) by you with the purpose of destroying you, only to become your most powerful ally for showing them mercy and sparing their lives. It really cheapens the whole experience selling them off to other players for another Lich's gun or ephemera. Morally speaking, you could even say it's very #*!%ed up even by genocidal Tenno standards.

At the very least, I'm hoping you can only trade Liches for other Liches and not platinum or unrelated items.

Seconded.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, NoLazyShadow said:

trading litches for weapon you can't get is good thing

It's not a good thing, because you shouldn't have to trade to fix the problems with the system. People are going to feel like they need to trade Liches to get around RNG and design problems. If the system is "RNG on top of RNG with no reward", wouldn't you rather it wasn't like that instead of trading being the only solution?

But they seem pretty intent on going through with the idea, so we'll just have to put up with it.

Edited by AdunSaveMe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it's only lich for lich, cool. It's not going to be rivens 2.0 since people will still have to take out the lich themselves, and outside of people doing weird side trades, I doubt anyone's gonna want to do extra work to side-trade plat for something they're going to have grind anyway when they can get it for free. If it's lich for plat... well... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Besides what's already mentioned in that post (assuming any of it is final) we don't even know if they'll be fully tradable. At this point they might just be Lich for Lich trading in which case if people make promise trades for plat on them it's 100% their choice.

But even if they are made tradable for plat then what does it matter? It's literally no different from every single other tradable resource and item in the game and is nowhere on the same level as Rivens.

Plus the major issue most players are expressing is just obtaining a copy of each weapon which will be easily accomplished with this system as plenty of players will be looking for Lich swaps solely for weapons and not plat trades.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

Heya folks.

Just woke up to find the devpost on lich improvements here:

And I find mostly good stuff until I come up to lich trading.

What?

I was fearful of the layers upon layers of RNG grind involved with Liches, but I was fine with a nice toothsome pursuit to sink my teeth into. But this? This changes everything.

From what I see, and I hope that I have misunderstood, this is basically Rivens 2.0. Doesn't matter if you can only trade it once after converting, the ephemera and unique roll weapon will still most likely see high plat transactions.

It seems almost as if DE has realised the high revenue potential from the RIven market and applied it to the lich system.

hope hope hope I have overlooked, misread, misunderstood something. Because this not only cheapens the experience of what was promised to be a personal antagonist, but turns us into glorified slave traders.

But maybe this is just me, which is why I wanted to hear what you guys have to say. Because it it is indeed how I have perceived this to be, then this does not bode well for the game in the days to come. In a way, it feels like a foreshadowed event with the lich hunter bundle in the store that I saw after the update.

-Evan

I was under the impression that you had to actually kill your lich to get its weapon/ephemera and that there was no way to trade that to another player.

Am I missing something here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm kind of on the fence about it, partly because I doubt it would ever be anything I'd use given the way my clan is. But also because the fact that you have to convert them first kind of defeats the largest point of why people would want to trade them, which is immediately getting rid of a Lich you don't want without having to go through the whole process so you can try for a new one immediately.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

I was under the impression that you had to actually kill your lich to get its weapon/ephemera and that there was no way to trade that to another player.

Am I missing something here?

I believe they are planning on giving both players the Ephemera, but the weapon only goes to the one that kills it.

Edited by Ceryk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It should be free trading between clan  mates only. We do not need another riven-style market saturation in the game, the market is terrible enough already. For players who've been around for a while, I'm sure they remember how much simpler and cleaner the trading chat was before rivens reared their ugly head.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 2019-11-14 at 6:25 AM, -CdG-Zilchy said:

It should be free trading between clan  mates only. We do not need another riven-style market saturation in the game, the market is terrible enough already. For players who've been around for a while, I'm sure they remember how much simpler and cleaner the trading chat was before rivens reared their ugly head.

even if im not a vet im agreeing with this 100%, liches have become the new riven and its honestly disguting that this is how they chose to implement the trading

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (PS4)RossDerSloath said:

even if im not a vet im agreeing with this 100%, liches have become the new riven and its honestly disguting that this is how they chose to implement the trading

This is absolutely nowhere near close riven market. Most lich weapons go for 30-50 plat, a bit more for higher percentages, and about a 100p for near perfect rolls (which are not needed anyway).

Rivens have absolutely absurd pulled out of someone's a$$ prices that completely bloat and ruin the riven market... It's just terrible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't want Lich trades. But I understand why some do. RNG can be cruel, and while for some, they may have a Lich another wants, and that other has a Lich they want. It's a win-win for them. But. On an unrelated note, please make a separate trade chat for Rivens. I hate the bloat of Rivens in trade chat and would prefer to see one specifically for RIvens.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...