Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

INCOMING DRY DOCK!!!!

InsuranceFraud

33 minutes ago, so_many_watermelons said:

It shouldn't be acknowledged and rewarded with blind loyalty to a company whose main goal for sustenance is raking in money. There's been a very legitimate reaction to the Old Blood update for the taste of its grind, and that can't be ignored or handwaved as unnecessary negativity. People have to enjoy a game in the first place.

Fine for you or any other person to be excited for what's next, just as it's fine for anyone to not be because of recent work leaving a bad taste in their mouth, on top of a history of updates usually consisting of two steps forward, three steps back in a number of ways.

I say that as someone who enjoys the game very much but also very much acknowledges and calls out DE when they're being bad, dumb, or blind.

Of course they need to make money, how else would they be able to go at the rate they currently are without it.

I get what you are saying, no one said that you are not allowed to be frustrated if you have not had a good experience with the recent updates.
However, that does not mean you need to put others down because they are excited for it. It's all the same thing really.

Edited by (PS4)JaxyDarkwolf

25 minutes ago, yankeedoodledingo said:

It's not blind loyalty dude, it's just looking on them in a more positive light for doing the right thing and being good to their playerbase rather than spitting vitriol at them for not working fast enough/not making "the right content". They didn't say we should blindly worship them, they just said that the amount of effort DE puts into their game and into being good to their players ought to be acknowledged. That's not a radical stance, it's incredibly reasonable and if we WANT to see companies be better then we HAVE to reward them when they do good by us, or why would they bother dude. DE has to survive, obviously, but they do everything they can not to exploit players or lock content behind paywalls - the fact they still have to make money to continue to make the game they love isn't a flaw. 

And if it's fine for other folks to be excited, then perhaps don't give them crap for defending themselves/DE when people immediately derail their positive thread with negativity? Every single thread I've seen where people want to talk about what they actually like is bombarded with negativity within minutes and ends up with them having to defend themselves for happening to like the game.

THANK YOU. Could not have said it better 🙏

Edited by (PS4)JaxyDarkwolf

18 minutes ago, so_many_watermelons said:

It shouldn't be acknowledged and rewarded with blind loyalty to a company whose main goal for sustenance is raking in money. There's been a very legitimate reaction to the Old Blood update for the taste of its grind, and that can't be ignored or handwaved as unnecessary negativity. People have to enjoy a game in the first place.

Fine for you or any other person to be excited for what's next, just as it's fine for anyone to not be because of recent work leaving a bad taste in their mouth, on top of a history of updates usually consisting of two steps forward, three steps back in a number of ways.

I say that as someone who enjoys the game very much but also very much acknowledges and calls out DE when they're being bad, dumb, or blind.

agree,im fine with people getting hyped,good on you guysbut i already tired getting hyped in the past and then get disappointed after release because there's a lot of technical problem,just not fun grind,and the stuff im most excited about getting cut.

the old blood is kind of the last straw for me,still gonna play the game but now ill tend to be more critically negative and pessimistic to DE than ive ever been in the past

Anyway @(PS4)JaxyDarkwolf hell YEAH I'm excited - honestly I really liked Old Blood, too, even though it was pretty janky. I know this is a first pass just to get the system in place and they're gonna be adding to it and improving it over time to properly settle it into the game. I like the way it makes the world that little bit more interactive/alive.

For real though, railjack is such a huge ambitious addition. Like it's not a big open world area or a huge story expansion but the amount of added depth it's gonna give across the whole starchart is gonna be so cool. The way the railjack works, upgrades and crew and all, I'm really excited about. Especially the way you can seamlessly transition between your ship, archwing, and their ships. Also, I usually play on my own or with my gf so the fact they're putting in stuff like cloaking devices to make higher end missions more doable solo is super appreciated, a lot of MMOs don't really think specifically about solo players.

I gotta start thinking about names for my railjack 😄

13 minutes ago, (NSW)Faerwald said:

I hope building the railjack is actually a new quest that comes once your clan has built the drydock.

Yeah,  hopefully it will be like in trailer, Railjack parts scattered around Solar system and you have to find and recover them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)JaxyDarkwolf said:

Hmmm.

I really think there is way too much unnecessary negativity towards DE going around.

I work at a gaming company doing Customer Support and I can tell you right now, the fact the DE loves this game and invests so much time and love into every aspect of it and actually listen to their players is rare and should be acknowledged.

Most other gaming companies don't care about anything other than raking in the cash.

In a way, yeah I do appreciate that out of the most F2P stuff I've played before (Maplestory, Dragon Nest, etc) are like a complete ghost town in terms of them responding to community and stuff, I'd say DE has the most good will earned towards them but that is to say that I can't just blindly love ALL their works.

There'll always be good and bad stuff, like a balance. It depends on who, the individuals experiencing content, will share their subjective tastes.

For me, I do like that heavy attacks had been given meaning, all melee weapons being buffed across the board but at the same time the Glaive had to suffer from not being able to crit on explosion and some that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Generally, being negative towards something is going to be expected but being hysterical and flinging insults isn't warranted. I think that most people's negativity towards DE is what I believe, that most want DE to do better and the Old Blood garnered that sort of attention since from what I can understand felt begrudgingly tiresome.

Now usually, I just accepted it for what it was and decided to do it and looking back in retrospect, getting all the weapons in at least...two weeks? Was a hassle. Because the rewards, or rather, the update itself being highlighted were locked behind rng-grind (In some cases getting duplicates had led to me exhaling in loud frustration. Which is exaggerated of course but you can take my word for it.) And I'm holding out some hope that this doesn't repeat upon Railjack/Empyrean's release.

I think I've gone on long enough anyways so apologies about the rant.

1 hour ago, Askorti said:

I'm sorry, but this update did not feel like something people who love their game made. It felt like it was made by those other companies you speak of that only care about raking in the cash. So imo the negativity is, at present, very much justified.

the only negativity I can register is on the forums. my alliance, region and my clan chats have never been so full with people playing and farming liches and new weps, and I play on-off since 2 years. this is a tell, not randoms coming to threads to bring in their 'disdain'. but gl to you, tenno