Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

INCOMING DRY DOCK!!!!

InsuranceFraud

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

They do very little all throughout the year, suddenly rapid-fire mode engaged with a month or so left.

Not sure how I feel about that, but I am sure how I feel about finally making a freaking Railjack.

Ready as I will ever be.

Agree. Looks like they meant it when they said crunch time past October.

• Like 3

Just now, Hyperion5182 said:

It tells me how long they've been working on this. And instead of dropping things piecemeal they intended to drop each thing as it hit completion.

It was a ballsy development schedule but its gonna happen it looks like!

Just gotta pray they pull through. I'm staying cautious, but this alone is enough to get me back involved to start catching up again.

*for PC. console goers will probably have to wait until after Christmas, although I wouldn't be surprised if DE tried to rush it out before the holidays; they did that last year, and hoo boy, it was a bugfest. I think it would be best if they do what they can for PC first before the holidays and then give it to console in the new year.

• Like 3

Just now, Aldain said:

They do very little all throughout the year, suddenly rapid-fire mode engaged with a month or so left.

Not sure how I feel about that, but I am sure how I feel about finally making a freaking Railjack.

Ready as I will ever be.

All in all, I doubt it was intentional.

If I were to guess, DE has split into a few teams, each focused on a particular update, and through either setbacks or unexpectedly smooth development, they happen to be releasing around this time.

Back to the matter at hand, if the update title is any indication, this will probably be the drydock specifically. I'll set my expectations accordingly (I do hope we get to at least walk around the ship, even if we can't launch it).

Then again, unless I'm mistaken regarding nautical terminology, ships generally cast off while the tide is coming in.

Just now, AshArbiter said:

Just gotta pray they pull through. I'm staying cautious, but this alone is enough to get me back involved to start catching up again.

Yeah, The Old Blood hasn't filled me with confidence (nor has the fact that it is still not even on Switch yet).

But hopefully there will still be adjustments for Lichs since they were initially a part of Railjacks in the first place.

Just now, Corvid said:

Back to the matter at hand, if the update title is any indication, this will probably be the drydock specifically. I'll set my expectations accordingly (I do hope we get to at least walk around the ship, even if we can't launch it).

It also might have some sort of mini-quest associated with it, considering they showed parts of Railjacks on some of the tilesets.

Granted a mini quest isn't much, but it is better than how Old Blood launched with a small cut-scene and then just "go stab a Lich".

4 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Yeah, The Old Blood hasn't filled me with confidence (nor has the fact that it is still not even on Switch yet).

But hopefully there will still be adjustments for Lichs since they were initially a part of Railjacks in the first place.

Yeah I agree. The lich was to just hold us over. I’m excited to hear more news tomorrow about Rail though. 

Just now, AshArbiter said:

Yeah I agree. The lich was to just hold us over. I’m excited to hear more news tomorrow about Rail though. 

I am just praying to whatever deity will listen that Toroids are not involved in the farming process.

I'd even farm CRYOTIC instead of Toroids.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Aldain said:

It also might have some sort of mini-quest associated with it, considering they showed parts of Railjacks on some of the tilesets.

Granted a mini quest isn't much, but it is better than how Old Blood launched with a small cut-scene and then just "go stab a Lich".

It'd be a pleasant surprise, certainly, but I'm going to operate under the assumption that we're getting the room itself, and maybe the ability to construct a Railjack without launching it.

1 minute ago, Corvid said:

It'd be a pleasant surprise, certainly, but I'm going to operate under the assumption that we're getting the room itself, and maybe the ability to construct a Railjack without launching it.

If it is any consolation they did show in prior footage that players could enter their Railjack even without launching it from the Dojo.

So we might at least get to walk around it at the very least.

Yeah, just the dry dock and maybe building the Railjack right now, but the trailer does seem to possibly hint of some sort of quest or event to find the wreck of an Old War Railjack that will be the basis of the new one.

At least, that's what it looks like to me.

Edited by KnossosTNC

6 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I am just praying to whatever deity will listen that Toroids are not involved in the farming process.

I'd even farm CRYOTIC instead of Toroids.

Dear DE, please make it requires lots of toroids from all tier because I actually want to see people suffer this time

• Like 1

Just now, Aldain said:

If it is any consolation they did show in prior footage that players could enter their Railjack even without launching it from the Dojo.

So we might at least get to walk around it at the very least.

That's what I'm hoping for, as I said.

I'm setting my expectations to the absolute minimum. While that sounds harsh, it's simply because I don't want to expect something that doesn't happen and be disappointed.

That said, they did say that they would hold off on releasing drydock until the main update was nearly ready, so that doesn't hurt. I just hope it doesn't launch between next Thursday and the one after, as I'll be on holiday then.

Just now, 844448 said:

Dear DE, please make it requires lots of toroids from all tier because I actually want to see people suffer this time

Please...I will do literally anything else, I will farm 100 Argon Crystals, I will farm Mutagen Samples, JUST ANYTHING BUT TOROIDS T_T.

• Like 2