The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack resources insane

Vyra

the office thank you GIF

il y a 37 minutes, Chappie1975 a dit :

What?  I'm confused here.   This game, for the most part, has always been about grinding out old "content".   It is like expecting a rock to one day not be a rock.   It is like one day asking a COD to turn into an overwatch style game. 

As for the index...that is just one example.   There are numerous ways in this game to earn millions of credits by actually thinking for a few seconds.   Don't like index....great, run profit taker.  Don't like profit taker...fine run dark sectors.   Don't like dark sectors...sell mods for credits.  Don't like to do that...sell all the redundant blueprints.   Don't like to do that...sell prime parts and get a credit booster and do other stuff.  Don't like to do that either...go play another game.  

PS.  I earned about 20 orokin cells doing a 30 round run on a ceres defense helping some other tenno get their mats.  😉

Edited by (PS4)Jack_Mahler

Just now, CephalonDizzy said:

Add one of those beachball floofs, set up 4 pedestals as goal posts, and now you can play orbiter football with your friends!

...You know that is a cool idea.

Now I just need some goalposts...and friends...

6 hours ago, Lordmotav said:

this railjack is more expensive than any research aside from maybe the Hema

I think that's okay. If Empyrean is going to be lategame/endgame, it makes sense that the costs to building it are relative to lategame/endgame players. The six million credit cost of total research would have been inconceivable for me as a new player, but I can throw that kind of moolah around as a longtime Tenno. I think that's what the intent is for the steep costs is -- if you have your own ship, you are into this game.

Keeping in mind that you'll still get to play the new content if you can't build your own ship, by crewing another's ship. It's just that building your own ship lets you be the captain.

• Like 4

Been reading all the replies and I’d just like to weigh in.

This is Warframe. You got into the game knowing that grinding is a large aspect of the game. It’s a free to play looter-shooter. You have to grind and play the game a lot and work to get the cool stuff. If you don’t play and work for the stuff, you don’t get it, simple as that. This is a Railjack, a giant ship that should feel like an accomplishment to build, not something you throw 300 salvage and 400 nano spores at and it’s built in 1 minute.

Warframe is a game with heavy grinding. You knew this getting into the game. Stop expecting content to be handed to you in a free to play game with heavy grinding you knew it had from the start. Some of us happen to like having to work for stuff, if you don’t like it, go play another game.

Also, another thing. Not everyone needs a Railjack day 1! You can still play on someone else’s be it public or with clanmates and DE made it clear that rewards on Railjack missions would be given to all people who participated. So when the people who don’t have Railjacks build theirs they can use the technology they unlocked earlier. 

• Like 1

So I have been building the Railjack and haven't had any problems since I've invested a lot of time in this game over the years. But does every member of the clan have to build there own Railjack or do they just have to do the quest ?

If they have to build there own I can see that being annoying for newer players but at the same time I do like to feel like things are earned in this game lol.  Anyways so if everyone has to build there own can I just take other clan members on mine if they haven't completed the quests ??

4 minutes ago, baadooby said:

So I have been building the Railjack and haven't had any problems since I've invested a lot of time in this game over the years. But does every member of the clan have to build there own Railjack or do they just have to do the quest ?

If they have to build there own I can see that being annoying for newer players but at the same time I do like to feel like things are earned in this game lol.  Anyways so if everyone has to build there own can I just take other clan members on mine if they haven't completed the quests ??

I'm not sure exactly when it comes to the missions, it seems like people theoretically should be able to run them as long as someone in the group has a railjack. Because it isn't like you're flying four Railjacks, it's only ever just the one. 

I'm not sure how drop-in/drop-out missions will work, if you will need a railjack to queue even if you end up using the hosts? Tho who knows what DE went with? 

I know I'm kinda dreading having to go to the dojo and interact with the Drydock every time I want to do anything Railjack related, missions etc. Which would just add another pointless loading screen to the mix for reasons...

It's all sort of a muddy guessing game coupled with a waiting game and hoping DE chose the less irritating of the options at their disposal. 

22 hours ago, Genitive said:

Selling duplicate mods is also a good way to earn credits.

Problem is i already sold all my dublicate items, and mods and all that.. to be abel to buy things from void trader.. then teh update came earlier than expected and i have no credits at all after spending my last million.

The thing now is... i usually play what i like... index is nothing like i like... 
i usually play open world, i level up stuff and i play sorties,,, farming syndicates and all that...
so the credits i earned were enough to fill my needs with modding my stuff and spedning here and there on void trader...

now i have to farm credits and pause anything else...

i started doing hieracon over and over and its getting boring every time i do...bringing my mood down... removing the fun and freedom...
of course i could just not do it, but that would be like just avoiding the second dream quest etc...

i am okay with the new added resources, took me an entire day ( well 16 hours ) to get them but i did it...
but credits... its always doing the same... no variety other than index or hieracon -.-

21 hours ago, Pr1A said:

I think you'll still be able to play Railjack missions as a part of someone's crew even if you don't have a ship yourself.

That said, building the ship is supposed to be a long-term goal, not just something you can farm in an hour or so. 6M credits isn't that much anyway, ever heard of the Index?

well i lost the money we have to but in due to several reasons:

people died and lost all their credits and the mission failed
host migration

after this happened to often i had no more mood to do that ever again...
also it reminds me of conclave... a mode i totally hated

20 hours ago, Nesodos said:

SNIP - the most annoying part of the entire railjack were those 5 mutagen masses (10 in my case)

lol i see, so being part of a big Clan just punishes its members by needing farm double or triple? 
good to know!!!!

Edited by Vyra

18 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Your personal Railjack needs personal contributions, go figure

id rather do 99 quests with dialogues and lotus humping my ears acoustically rather than braindead grind on index which i usually never do because i want to play the fun aspect t´f the game.. credits farming is none of them...

6 minutes ago, Vyra said:

id rather do 99 quests with dialogues and lotus humping my ears acoustically rather than braindead grind on index which i usually never do because i want to play the fun aspect t´f the game.. credits farming is none of them...

I dunno. I did a Wukong build specifically for Index and I find it pretty fun to play with.

It involves Exergis as my only weapon in my slots (so both me and the clone use it) and as much Intensity and Survivability mod I can find. The result is pretty hilarious. x')

Spoiler

another part that puts me off mood is this:
everything i have was something i could get in the many years i have been able to play...

now with this update i kinda have to invest all the years and then i will be standing at 0, means if i need or want something i have to spend the entire day again instead of having a reallife also...i have to cancel everything again ( like int he beginning ) forget to eat because i need to farm etc...

i invested time to have a buffer, the buffer will be gone...

of course no one forces.. but int he end its this:

eat up or die...like if i don't do it i don't need to continue to play at all..
IF I DO, i can not play like i played before.. i need to farm instead of playing for fun...

And that was  the original reason i had a 3 year break of the game.. 
It was a similar situation back then... 

of course it seems to be easy to get a ton of credits... with booster or whatever...
but it also seems playing 30mins - 3 hours a day will not be enough... 
means i am bound to do specific stuff within the 3 hours i can play instead of doing what i actually like to take off reallife stress etc...

The costs for the Railjack are perfect. Not overpriced but also nothing that you could do while sleeping. It's a good middle ground. Some people maybe will take a while to get all of the needed resources but we also have a few months before we can use that thing so:

Tdl: farm and chill we have time

• Like 2

19 hours ago, LocoWithGun said:

So if you have 500 people in a clan they should all share one railjack in your eyes?

They'd need a poll and a week just to decide on a color.

Or is it just the cost of the building that should be split? Moon clans would really have to fleece their active members to build that thing.

If you're going that route, I find the "how the hell do you get 500 people in that ship" to be a much more entertaining question. I can imagine it bulging at the seams with the occasional leg or arm poking out of the improperly sealed airlocks.

EDIT: and the credits aren't that bad. Each sortie gives you 100k credits, so it's 50 days even if all you do every day is log in, sortie, log out (like me). Yes, that's a long time, but credits are something that you get everywhere as you play and you're going to see constant progress. This is much MUCH better than that festering abomination known as the Hema.

Also, consider that you really, REALLY do not want to play railjack on release. It will be full of bugs and balance issues. The delay is actually helpful to you.

Edited by DoomFruit

2 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Speaking as a veteran, believe me, it's not a grind for us.
8VLjBZp.png

Also if you think this is grind, you're not a long time player sorry. You might have started playing a while ago but you've been playing casually.

SO casual players should not enjoy the update?
weird...