Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack resources insane

Vyra

8 hours ago, Lordmotav said:

It makes no sense, why does each of my clan members have to pony up 6 million credits for these? Why are the part acquisition quests solo only? Why did you make me make a CLAN building in my CLAN dojo for something that is ONLY personal progression? I thought this was supposed to be a fun activity we as a CLAN could work together towards! The only part we could work together for was making the stupid Dry Dock and that was so cheap I made it myself effortlessly.

It's absolutely dumb. You may as well have just not made me put a special building in my dojo at all and just let my Railjack float out in space somewhere. Absolutely killed my excitement for this update. Now I have to farm out 6 effing MILLION credits alone. Oh sure my clanmates can physically be there to help in the Index but I was hoping we could pool our stuff together.

Just to clarify: You donate your resources to the Railjack parts inside the Dry Dock using a special console. You can't trade the resources and you can't even use the resources inside your Clan Treasury Vault. It is ALL on you from the get go. Despite the fact it's in a special room in your Clan Dojo at no point after building the Dry Dock can your clan mates help you out in any way, shape, or form.

A Drydock is a place where ships can be built, or repaired.  It's like a parking space, or, you know, a boat dock.  You build one, everyone shares it.  You don't build one ship for a clan of potentially hundreds and then everyone just magically gets to use it at the same time.  You can't build a railjack in your foundry, Ordis would lose what's left of his sanity if you tried to build something bigger than your orbiter in his little 3D printer.  You build a ship in a drydock, so you build the drydock in your clan's dojo relay, and that's where everyone builds their ship.  It's YOUR ship, not your clans.  You'd be even angrier if you all contributed to it then had to share it.  Imagine logging in, wanting to do some Railjack, but the clan Railjack is already full and out on a mission.

People's problem seems to be with the cost.  It's an interceptor class starship.  Your orbiter looks like a hoopdie because it was free.  We ganked them from the Grineer.  Railjacks costing a lot not only fits with any sort of reasonable mindset on the matter, but it also prevents every MR 4 in the game from just jumping into a bunch of content that isn't geared toward them.  Look at the plains and vallis.  There was a vallis bounty nightwave challenge last week, and I can't tell you how many archwing-less sub MR4s I saw out there, no clue what's going on, contributing nothing, getting stomped out trying to do the highest tier bounty.  I like newbies.  I carry newbies all the time.  But when I jump in my railjack for the first time I'm really not looking to have a bunch of redshirts piloting a ship when they can't even pass their MR parkour test.  There needs to be some content in this game SOMEWHERE that is actually gated off from really low level players.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KazuXSora said:

Why Hieracon on login?

The double Credits on first mission after login doesn't stack with the Credit booster in the Index. I tested it.

Maybe it was a bug that has been fixed, I dunno, but it didn't work when I tested it.

Edited by KnossosTNC

Cause it is your ship? 

While the dock is like a parking lot? 

I really don't get the problem,

If you are not having the resources to build a space ship,I fail to see how expecting others to pay for it is even fair. 

I don't think you tell a car manufacturer or a car parking lot to pay for the car. 

People that can't afford cars take the bus or other public transports. 

You can't build your ship? Call space Uber or get to the point where you can build it. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l

The Railjack is hyped to be a Clan cooperation as a Clan can easily get together and work together on the future content of Railjack. However DE did say players will have their own personal Railjack. Which means you need to build your own Railjack. And I'm pretty sure when it is your own, you don't get help from others to build it. The resources come from you.

Now, when it comes to stuff down the line? That will be clan oriented. Plenty of new research, weaponry for the ship, augmentations, yadda yadda, will be clan-based. Especially when the whole system is designed around a group inside of one ship.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Image result for railjack resources

Aside from the credits and Argon, it's pretty alright honestly. At least for a longtime player.

I'm just short of my 200-day login rewards (195 days), and I have all these ressources in droves. It's really not hard to gather all of these.

The only one I'll have to seriously farm will be the Argon Crystal in a few days :

unknown.png

1 minute ago, CaptainMinty said:

The Railjack is hyped to be a Clan cooperation as a Clan can easily get together and work together on the future content of Railjack. However DE did say players will have their own personal Railjack. Which means you need to build your own Railjack. And I'm pretty sure when it is your own, you don't get help from others to build it. The resources come from you.

Now, when it comes to stuff down the line? That will be clan oriented. Plenty of new research, weaponry for the ship, augmentations, yadda yadda, will be clan-based. Especially when the whole system is designed around a group inside of one ship.

However, there are some areas DE could have cut a tiny bit of slack. 15 Argon take a while, seeing as a typical run of Teshub(the easiest mission to acquire Argon from) typically only yields 1-2 Argon per run, assuming you go out of your way to break every single container in every room.

1 minute ago, Kerberos-3 said:

However, there are some areas DE could have cut a tiny bit of slack. 15 Argon take a while, seeing as a typical run of Teshub(the easiest mission to acquire Argon from) typically only yields 1-2 Argon per run, assuming you go out of your way to break every single container in every room.

I mean, eh? At least you have the option of dunking every argon you get so as to not worry about the timer. And the point of it is to take a while. We honestly needed more demanding builds because our resources pile up constantly with no good dumps. Only one that doesn't is Argon because it decays. That and mutagen samples if you're still working on that blasted hema and all of the other garbage in the infested lab.

It's a little bit of a grind, but it isn't utterly awful. It's no hema that is certain. I'd say 15 argon is not too bad. Honestly, I feel like the worst and simultaneously the least annoying depending on where you're at is the credit costs. For me who doesn't build a massive store of credits, seeing that million credit costs when I typically hover around 500k was just annoying because it meant more Index spam. So to each their own on resources.
(And personally, I'd love more reasons to go to the Void tileset. It's so beautiful and there is NOTHING there that I ever need so I never go there.)

3 minutes ago, CaptainMinty said:

I mean, eh? At least you have the option of dunking every argon you get so as to not worry about the timer. And the point of it is to take a while. We honestly needed more demanding builds because our resources pile up constantly with no good dumps. Only one that doesn't is Argon because it decays. That and mutagen samples if you're still working on that blasted hema and all of the other garbage in the infested lab.

It's a little bit of a grind, but it isn't utterly awful. It's no hema that is certain. I'd say 15 argon is not too bad. Honestly, I feel like the worst and simultaneously the least annoying depending on where you're at is the credit costs. For me who doesn't build a massive store of credits, seeing that million credit costs when I typically hover around 500k was just annoying because it meant more Index spam. So to each their own on resources.
(And personally, I'd love more reasons to go to the Void tileset. It's so beautiful and there is NOTHING there that I ever need so I never go there.)

Your right, it's no Hema or Sibear, but it's still a fair bit, especially for the players at the minimum point of the game where Railjack becomes available.

13 hours ago, Vyra said:

im not complaining about the farm etc.. but PERSONAL REALLY?

This basically means when someone does not have so much ( 6million) credits he / she can NEVER actually play railjack or complete those cephalon quests?

So this is basically like Dojo keys? everyone personally needs to complete this?
man i needed 3 years to get 5 million creds...

If you and me have double credit up, I could carry you to get 6mils in 1.5 hours

6 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Your right, it's no Hema or Sibear, but it's still a fair bit, especially for the players at the minimum point of the game where Railjack becomes available.

Perhaps that is the point. I personally disliked the idea of making all content available really quickly. It ruins the journey.

The credits are easy in comparison to the stuff you have to mine/endurance run for in cubics, carbides, pustrels, and copernics.  You run index, you get credits guaranteed assuming you don't lose and can rack up millions in a few hours.  The stuff you mine for though is going to take you quite a long while even with a resource booster unless you get lucky.  As for the rest of the resources like control modules, all of those are easy to get.  15 argon crystal may take an hour tops to farm if you have a booster.  Even without booster it isn't too hard to get 15.  

13 hours ago, Vyra said:

im not complaining about the farm etc.. but PERSONAL REALLY?

This basically means when someone does not have so much ( 6million) credits he / she can NEVER actually play railjack or complete those cephalon quests?

So this is basically like Dojo keys? everyone personally needs to complete this?
man i needed 3 years to get 5 million creds...

You can ride around in my railjack.  It's fine.

11 hours ago, Lordmotav said:

It could've been crafted anywhere. Put that thing; in the relays for all it matters. But don't hype up my CLAN cooperation and put it in my CLAN dojo if it's an ENTIRELY solo experience.

You can tell that DE is stuck between intents here. They want to make this (and other things) a Clan-based activity, rewarding people for making an in-game group of friends and playing together. However, they understand that there are numerous people who prefer playing solo, and the Devs don't want those players to feel screwed over or pushed into a style a of play. Because they're listening to player feedback and trying to accommodate solo players, most Clan stuff has zero need to co-operate with others.

If you want a gigantic spaceship, you have to build it yourself just like anything else.  The resources for constructing your railjack are not that difficult to acquire if you put your mind to it.  You can still help clan members by farming cubics and such with them, nothing stopping you from doing that.  Been a while since we built something that felt so rewarding.  If you can't build a ship, hitch a ride with someone who does who, again, can be in your clan.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

You can tell that DE is stuck between intents here. They want to make this (and other things) a Clan-based activity, rewarding people for making an in-game group of friends and playing together. However, they understand that there are numerous people who prefer playing solo, and the Devs don't want those players to feel screwed over or pushed into a style a of play. Because they're listening to player feedback and trying to accommodate solo players, most Clan stuff has zero need to co-operate with others.

Which is fine. But this railjack is more expensive than any research aside from maybe the Hema, and that's only based on how highly you value mutagen samples. (as someone who played in the early days, I had quite a bit of them before they moved them so getting 5k wasn't so bad)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

The credits are easy in comparison to the stuff you have to mine/endurance run for in cubics, carbides, pustrels, and copernics.  You run index, you get credits guaranteed assuming you don't lose and can rack up millions in a few hours.  The stuff you mine for though is going to take you quite a long while even with a resource booster unless you get lucky.  As for the rest of the resources like control modules, all of those are easy to get.  15 argon crystal may take an hour tops to farm if you have a booster.  Even without booster it isn't too hard to get 15.  

Pustrels were trivial to farm for me. Just get to that cave close to the Grineer camp in the coast, kill everything inside and mine. The drop rate was pretty okay and there's a ton of ore vein there.

I'm pretty sure Thumpers can drop them as well if you can't be bothered to mine.

The Fortuna ressources were far more annoying, but again all you have to do is to get to Deck 12 (where the exploiter fight starts) and farm ore. There's no mobs at all inside this cave so you can mine unbothered. 

You just need 100 of the Pustrels and 120 or the other ressources. They both drops by 10-20 depending on your accuracy on the mining minigame. (with booster. I'm not sure whether booster applies to mining tho ?)

Carbides and Cubics are just mindless Defense in Dark Sectors in their respectives planet. Just play Speedva or a nuke to make it faster. Or bring Nekros.

Overall you can get all of these ressources in one weekend and if you take a 3days ressources boosters it goes even faster.

Edited by Isokaze_BestKaze

Well, let´s be honest here. The current solution with a single, clan-wide dry dock and hundreds of potential spaceships in it at the same time doesn´t make much sense. It would have been better imho if they allowed a huge space port around the dojo, like a huge torus (ring) around the dojo with dozens or hundreds of "parking lots".

Having a single railjack for the whole clan would either mean everyone would need to wait ages for a single chance to fly it or we would all be able to fly it at any time, so there would be hundreds of instanced railjacks. Which also doesn´t make much sense.

I fully understand the concerns about crafting costs being too high for new players and that´s certainly right. But then, not everyone NEEDS his own railjack. You can always jump onto a ship and be part of the crew until you can afford your own railjack.

It´s a big ship, it costs a lot. Simple as that.

I hope that the "clan aspect" comes back later when we can all share the missions and maybe then some clan-wide progress. Something that a solo player won´t be able to achieve.

But having an alternative to "park your ship", like anywhere on a relay, would be a good idea. I wonder what would happen if you build your railjack and then you have to leave the clan (for whatever reason). How do we then access our ship? Are we forced to first join or found a new clan?

Edited by IamLoco

3 minutes ago, IamLoco said:

But having an alternative to "park your ship", like anywhere on a relay, would be a good idea. I wonder what would happen if you build your railjack and then you have to leave the clan (for whatever reason). How do we then access our ship? Are we forced to first join or found a new clan?

That is a good question. I hope we can still use the ship without a dojo but that would let ppl jump in and out of dojos to build the ship. So probably while you get to keep the ship, you will need a dojo with a dry dock.

13 hours ago, bleubleu said:

4 rounds of index will net you a million, without booster.

this is litterally nothing.

mining the ore in fortuna will maybe take you more time.

the 16 minutes you spent in this thread would have turn into 300k already.

this is a f2p game, content is time gated and requires a little bit of grind, deal with it.

PLAYERS OF WARFRAME!

Stop justifying updates that is just more grind with the game being f2p. IT has nothing to do with that!

D.E. wants you to grind. Period. You happy with it, good for you.

I am not happy with the grind amount in new updates. And the OP has a point too, why cannot help your fellow guildmate with contribution if you want to? Especially, if you recall, you all go out to do the missions in shared ships! So the 4 player will go out as one team, and none of you bring the personal ship at once, only one guy, the host (correct me if im wrong please!).

So dojo based choice of sharing mats is completely justified request.

14 hours ago, Lordmotav said:

It could've been crafted anywhere. Put that thing; in the relays for all it matters. But don't hype up my CLAN cooperation and put it in my CLAN dojo if it's an ENTIRELY solo experience.

Your dojo is the only place where the enemy cannot reach to destroy while you're not there. Think of it as a parking space.
Clan cooperation still exists, you can play the content that supplies you with the resources together, it's what I've done with my clan, and most of us already have all the resources to build the ship, it is Not, an entirely solo experience, the "Quest" that you do, is!

14 hours ago, Lordmotav said:

They could all just contribute to a singular rail jack if they wanted sure. Or they could make a few. Or they could all help each other make 500 rail jacks. But they could all do it TOGETHER. But you can't.

Yes, you can, just because you can't figure out how to help eachother doesn't mean you can't, like I mentioned in my above reply to your 1st post.

13 hours ago, Lordmotav said:

With all the advertising and hype that's gonna be out and about online for when the Empyrean update comes out it's gonna disapoint the crap out of new players and returning players alike if they're time gated to all heck to try out the new stuff. And if they can just join missions with random player's railjacks then I don't see the point of not letting us help each other make them since DE made them so expensive! Like 6 million credits is quite a lot, even divided up into 1 million per part it's just absurd just to progress a quest.

Are you a Psychologist? How can you be so sure what other people are going to think about a thing that they don't even have yet? DE didn't make railjacks so expensive, you're just refusing to accept the reality that time-gating is a neccessary "evil", and refusing to adapt to it.

13 hours ago, Lordmotav said:

Yeah but it was so cheap I also just paid for it myself. Easily. My clan mates didn't need to be involved at all.

Then why moan about it being so expensive?

12 hours ago, Lordmotav said:

That's made in your CLAN dojo. In a hyped up to heck CLAN update. Go figure.

This was not hyped up to heck as a clan update, it was hyped as "New" content than you can do with others (Clan or Randoms)

In my CLAN dojo. That my CLAN members will need to help me pilot.

Your clan Dojo serves only as a parking space, nothing else

The Dry Dock is cheap as heck. Not even a problem. But I've been playing this game since it was actually in beta and I dont have hundreds of millions of credits. Just 1,251 hours though, but I feel like someone with 1,251 hours into a game just MIGHT have a good idea how much a lot of something actually is. Just because it's not much for YOU in particular doesn't reflect on everyone.

You can allow/disallow that in your clan management I'm pretty sure! And if the clan you're in doesn't let you do so and you want to you may wish to join a new clan or make one yourself! I'm also totally in support of everyone having their own rail jack! I JUST WANT TO HELP MY FRIENDS MAKE THEIRS.

I've been playing this game since february 2019, I have gained nearly 20m credits while playing since I started, and I still have 7.8mil

Obviously your reading comprehension isn't very good. That's ok.

Obviously you're refusing to accept the reality of the situation, and are just complaining for the sake of complaining

10 hours ago, Lordmotav said:

And again you missed my point. Just dragging them into the Index isn't what I wanted. Moreover, it doesn't get them the other items like the 15 argon crystals they'll need, or the 30 Orokin Cells, or the anything else they'll need. Let me try putting it this way since I know you aren't very good at reading.

The. Update. Hyped. Up. Clan. Cooperation. So. Making. The. Railjacks. Entirely. Solo. Only. Endeavors. Is. Backwards. As. All. Heck. Nobody. Needs. Help. Researching. Cephalon. Cy. Or. Making. A. Dry. Dock. What. They. Might. Need. Help. With. Is. Making. A. Gigantic. Battleship. So. Why. Can't. I. Help. Them. With. That? I. Can't. Even. Help. Them. Get. The. Parts. On. The. Quest. Mission. Steps. Why. Even. Let. Other. People. On. To. Our. Personal. Railjack. If. Getting. It. Is. An. Entirely. Solo. Endeavor?

I hope you can appreciate the 30 seconds it took to slowly type that out for you this way so you can actually understand what I'm trying to say, instead of trying to jerk yourself off about "living" in the Index like it's some sort of achievement or something.

EXTRA TIDBIT: Here's a reading protip! What is the title of this thread? Say it out loud. Go ahead give it a try.

You "Can" help them, by doing missions with them that gets you those resources ... seriously ... why is it so hard for you to get this simple fact through that thick skull of yours?

I don't understand how the update hyped up clan cooperation and now it's not clan cooperation, since this is not the full update for railjack, it's only the ship and drydock, warframe was always about personal progression. tho the content you do with the stuff you own, can be done coop.

The quests, especially the story focused ones, have always been solo, what's so different now? you been playing since beta, what has changed since then?

Once the "Quest" is done, and the "Ship" is built, the content you do with it, is going to be COOP ... I don't see where the problem is? are you one of those folks that file a lawsuit at a cereal manufacturer because the cereal is not the same size as on the box or something?

Gawd, I just angered myself reading your replies, you're like a broken record.
Complaining that this new thing is not like you imagined it to be, and yet being explained that it is, yet because it's not exactly how you expected it to be, it's not what it is, it's so frustrating to understand why can;t you just see it for what it is, not for what you wanted it to be.

I'll leave a tidbit here:
"Solaris United, uppity sorts who think they know how things should be! That's why they can't see things how they are. Things ARE as they should BE."

Edited by SocialFox
  • Like 2