Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats Nyx good for?

Lazarow

4 hours ago, .Unreality said:

Also Warframe damage and tankiness will inevitably falloff. CC has no falloff, if it works at level 1 then it will work at level 1000.

That's how it used to be. These days, between buffs like Saryn's spores and Arcanes-on-Inaros, there are damage and tank frames that CAN go for hours upon hours in endless missions

• Like 1

Mind Control is more of an ability to turn a target into a punching bag for everyone. Just control the biggest threat to remove it, dump a bunch of rounds into it and you have a walking corpse functioning as a decoy that you can just execute at any time. It's like Well of Life without the damage reduction and the healing traded up for a decoy. Else, it's also good for getting free enemy abilities like Ancient Healers.

Her skill set is actually in a pretty good balance with Mind Control being a single target disable combined with a decoy and the utility to steal certain abilities. Psychic Bolts is great for bursting down single targets. Chaos puts up a massive distraction to give you the opportunity to pinpoint those single threats. I can't really say much about Absorb though, I've never had to use it. It's a good mix of offense defense with a small bit of utility in there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

That's how it used to be. These days, between buffs like Saryn's spores and Arcanes-on-Inaros, there are damage and tank frames that CAN go for hours upon hours in endless missions

I mean technically it still is the case, it's just that non of the content where Saryn and Inaros would fall off are relevant in any way. The bar on players has been pushed up while the bar on enemies has barely moved.

She’s a good source of MR and that’s about it. Treating Chaos like it’s this amazing ability isn’t doing Nyx any favors either. It’s a mediocre CC ability and every new frame release just proves that point even further. especially with Grendel now. Like seriously compare Nyx with just reducing the chance the enemy attacks you to Grendel who just straight up removes those enemies from the field and they either return dead or get lost somewhere inside the meatball forever.

Honestly she’s down in bottom tier. There’s not a thing she can do that other frames can’t do better. She needs a complete overhaul.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301
  • Like 1

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

She’s a good source of MR and that’s about it. Treating Chaos like it’s this amazing ability isn’t doing Nyx any favors either. It’s a mediocre CC ability and every new frame release just proves that point even further.

Honestly she’s down in bottom tier. There’s not a thing she can do that other frames can’t do better. She needs a complete overhaul.

Is she better than Revanent?

...Sorry couldn't help asking.

4 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Is she better than Revanent?

...Sorry couldn't help asking.

She’s pretty much just as bad as Revenant. Only I don’t hate her as much of as Revenant because at least her theme actually makes sense. Tho this shouldn’t be surprise because the very person who’s responsible for Revenant is also responsible for the Nyx rework we got.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

3 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

She’s pretty much just as bad as Revenant. Only I don’t hate her as much of as Revenant because at least her theme actually makes sense.

I see, personally I enjoy using her 4, but I do agree that Nyx is in that awkward spot of mostly being an armor strip unit who isn't even the best at the job of being an armor stripper, I mean the Ember rework made her OBLITERATE armor in more ways than one on top of damage and durability.

It is a shame that Nyx isn't better in more ways, right now I'd put her in "Usable, but why would you" tier more than unusable.

Edited by Aldain

12 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Then another frame will need a complete overhaul. There's only so many useful vague roles in this game and we have how many frames now. This is just creating an downwards, or technically upwards, spiral where we buff one frame to be the best at a vague role, then have to buff everything else within that specific role upwards too.

Edited by RX-3DR

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I see, personally I enjoy using her 4, but I do agree that Nyx is in that awkward spot of mostly being an armor strip unit who isn't even the best at the job of being an armor stripper, I mean the Ember rework made her OBLITERATE armor in more ways than one on top of damage and durability.

It is a shame that Nyx isn't better in more ways, right now I'd put her in "Usable, but why would you" tier more than unusable.

You would not believe the things people in my alliance have said over the past 2 days about Nyx. Claiming she’s this absolutely god tier frame. I’m sorry but when you HAVE to rely on operator dashing just to move your frame, you’re using a bad frame.

And they do the same thing there as people do with Revenant defending here. They tell me why so and so is great. I tell them why it’s really not. And they just bash me and tell me I don’t know how to play the game. It’s like dude you literally said you struggle with level 105 lancers. Something all my main frames tank. You’re the one that doesn’t know how to play the game. 

2 minutes ago, RX-3DR said:

Then another frame will need a complete overhaul.

That's...not a good reason to leave some frames stuck in old and/or clunky states.

Ember and Vauban needed their reworks because they had been utterly left behind in terms of effectiveness. Right now Nyx is basically eclipsed by most other frames that can do what she can better.

Hek, I'd argue that Oberon's Hallowed Ground is a better version of Chaos because radiation procs have about the same effectiveness.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, RX-3DR said:

Then another frame will need a complete overhaul. There's only so many useful vague roles in this game and we have how many frames now. This is just creating an downwards, or technically upwards, spiral where we buff one frame to be the best at a vague role, then have to buff everything else within that specific role upwards too.

There’s always going to bad frames. Always have been. Tho I think the Ember rework proved that you don’t have to make this absolute god tier rework just to make a frame actually worth using. Ember still has her problems but now she’s viable for all content. And quite frankly. If DE stopped reworking frames that wouldn’t stop other frames from falling behind. If anything the number of useless frames would just increase throughout the years.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Aldain said:

That's...not a good reason to leave some frames stuck in old and/or clunky states.

Ember and Vauban needed their reworks because they had been utterly left behind in terms of effectiveness. Right now Nyx is basically eclipsed by most other frames that can do what she can better.

Hek, I'd argue that Oberon's Hallowed Ground is a better version of Chaos because radiation procs have about the same effectiveness.

Comparing Oberon's Hallowed Ground to Nyx's Chaos. Hallowed Ground's benefits are lower cost, damage over time and status immunity for allies standing on it. However, it is directional, the radiation effect is not instant, it has difficulties with flying enemies and it has a smaller base range. But can Oberon strip armor? Yes, he can use Hallowed Ground with Reckoning to strip the armor of a large group, but it's 150 Energy and it takes significantly longer to cast than Psychic Bolts. In most contexts, you really only need to strip the armor of a few larger targets than 30% of the entire group.

A Warframe is the sum of its parts, not a singular ability. Nyx is not in a bad spot because she is not completely outclassed as a whole and only certain abilities in certain contexts are. Ember and Vauban were looked at because the sum of their parts left them is really awkward spots. Ember being left with a really awkward single element damage buff when competing with other ability damage frames and Vauban being an extremely energy hungry CC frame in order to make use of his advantage of maintaining multiple chokepoints.

Edited by RX-3DR

"Just because you don't know how to play a frame or don't like it's playstyle, doesn't mean this frame is usesless or weak. I, for one, hate Inaros, to me it's a brain-dead tank. Doesn't mean Inaros is bad, it's just not for me."

- Infirito

People with no imagination playing MMOs is the worst. "Hurrr durrr 40 frames and hundreds of weapons but people are stupid for using them hurrrr just kill stuff fast and extract durrrr"

10 hours ago, .Unreality said:

I mean more than half the time you're just running to extraction. It was certainly more relevant when objectives had a real risk of failure.

Nyx use to be the Warframe for soloing T3 Defence.

Also Warframe damage and tankiness will inevitably falloff. CC has no falloff, if it works at level 1 then it will work at level 1000.

Is a shame enemies don't see you and other frames as allies while under the effects of Chaos, as usual the game will cheat and have enemies ignore Chaos and attack Nyx if she is only a bit closer.

4 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Is a shame enemies don't see you and other frames as allies while under the effects of Chaos, as usual the game will cheat and have enemies ignore Chaos and attack Nyx if she is only a bit closer.

as I know from friend...they nerfed chaos...as enemies under chaos had no way to target nyx no matter how close she was....now chaos is very medicore cc as many have written it already

why medicore? because chaos is only good on open fields away from objectives to def for example

if enemies even under chaos are to close ot objectives, especially console on interception....they dont care with what they are surrounded, after fes seconds of animtion of confusion which is real hardstun here...(maybe 3 seconds lol) they are back interaccting/attacking objective not looking at anyone else around they who can also attacks them at same time

chaos maybe could be fine at its current state if enemies under chaos wont have still that big priorities to get to objective making this skill useless at all

so this is main and biggest reason why every other decend not small cc is much better than chaos - chaos doesnt hard cc enemies for more than 3 seconds while every other cc do and can apply also different additional effects at once so why choose flawed chaos?

1 hour ago, Ikserdok said:

as I know from friend...they nerfed chaos...as enemies under chaos had no way to target nyx no matter how close she was....now chaos is very medicore cc as many have written it already

Enemies have always targeted Nyx if she was closest to them, this hasn't changed.

Nyx is my go to frame to solo bounties. There are plenty of "wait out the clock" missions in this game, she works well for those and bosses like Ropadopalyst. I find Nyx enjoyable to play, other frames people think are the bee's knees I don't enjoy, that's what is great about having so many choices, find some that suit you.

• Like 2

You know how to shoot at the glowing target effected by your bolts don't you? If I'm not mistaken if you separate your element colors after you forma, the mind control nyx image color is different. If not just leave at default because they are different.

She walks in a room majority of things don't target her, stay back while mayhem is breaking loose, take an op unit to mind control, bolt, kill kill kill, bolt, kill kill kill.

I recommend a companion that can generate energy. I find Naramon to useful to Sacrifice for a a school that gets outclassed by energy pizza.

For a squishy frame she outclasses Rhinos coming out of ironskin. <- 1 second without cover and drops like a fly. I suppose her passive helps.

Edited by (NSW)Evilpricetag

16 hours ago, .Unreality said:

Those are mission dependent not level dependent. Nullifiers and Arbitration Drones are another issue all together.

?!!!

If the frame is not viable for arbitrations, does not nuke, not viable in ESO, not viable for eidolon hunts and does not have a niche (like Ivara or Zephyr) it is not a viable frame.

Go solo Sedna survival endlessly buddy lol... And yes.. the game difficulty is dependent on Nullifiers and Arbitration Drones. They are not "another" issue. They define what is viable and what is in not in a large portion of the content.

Edited by (PS4)thegarada