Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

$1 Million price tag

Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3

From what I've seen, people are complaining about the 1 Million credit price tag for restoring/building their own railjack. The only thing that I can really say is that restoring an Orokin-era Railjack is like restoring a 1937 Buick Packard. You're going to have to shell out a lot of moolah to get that old car up and running.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

From what I've seen, people are complaining about the 1 Million credit price tag for restoring/building their own railjack. The only thing that I can really say is that restoring an Orokin-era Railjack is like restoring a 1937 Buick Packard. You're going to have to shell out a lot of moolah to get that old car up and running.

Six million*?

It's an endgame thing, lots of people already have that many spare Credits, and people who don't have access to the Index, as well as good enough gear to allow them to more easily last longer at the higher Index tiers.

From what I can tell the biggest issue with Railjack is that you only need to finish the Second Dream to access it. Considering the high costs are clearly designed for endgame players, it seems like it'd be more restricted to higher MR, or at least having completed more story quests.

• Like 6

The ones complaining are the ones upset they have to run index a few hours.  I made 6 million credits just selling extra oberon parts and crap out of my inventory a few weeks ago.  The cost should be high, it's a gigantic freaking ship with lots of knick knacks inside/why would it cost the same number of credits as building a prime frame or something.  

• Like 2

It's not supposed to be for new players, that's all. Hopefully the content it leads to will also be scaled towards the harder side of things. I hope we get more newbie firewalls like this. If they make it so that you need to complete the railjack yourself to do the missions ie no taxiing, no leeching pubs etc that would be a step in the right direction. We've already seen what happens in Eidolons, Orb Vallis etc otherwise.

6 million... if this was still pre-Index, that would be insane, but that's the equivalent of a few runs. many players are in the 20 millions and up, and I've seen a few with over 100 million. it won't take people long, and for those that it would, Railjack isn't aimed at newer players in the first place; DE is trying to give people something to work towards, and I guarantee if it were easy for everyone, everyone's Railjack would be built within 24 hours and the chorus of "muh content drought" would return.

• Like 3

The price tag doesnt bother me too much but is anyone else seeing a huge delay in the money being removed from ur stash? Or is there a bug where its double-dipping? Seems like its taking an entire day or more and then suddenly Im missing another million+ dollars. And this is even after Ive built the last part.

To me, I hated the mining portions, almost one hour for both resources where I earned absolutely nothing else that is useful in the process. At least the other stuff you can earn overtime without having to go out of your way to actually get them, such as the other two new resources, I already have several thousand Carbides and about one thousand of the other one by playing normally.

1 hour ago, YUNoJump said:

It's an endgame thing,

*That requires you to fight level 20 enemies.

Not saying your wrong here but I find that way too amusing by the time you build your first warframe you're on track with everyone else to getting your first capitalship.

Edited by Annnoth
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Annnoth said:

*That requires you to fight level 20 enemies.

Not saying your wrong here but I find that way too amusing by the time you build your first warframe you're on track with everyone else to getting your first capitalship.

And then you realize the 3rd component is on Lua, which means you have to pass Uranus and do TSD and by that time you've likely already build your first Warframe.

Then you see the credit/resource cost and realize it will take far more than being able to build that than your first Warframe.

They are on track with everyone else the moment their first credit.

Meanwhile I'm buying 30 pesestal primes at 1 million a pop and wishing Baro would bring them back so I can biu more..

Credits are so easy to get in this game, people are just too lazy to make an effort. I never have and never will have sympathy for lazy gamers. They will say "oh but I bought plat, I'm supporting the game". Nope, you bought plat to help yourself so you can go to less effort, you don't care about the game or the players who support it.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

yeah its a bit much. Just seems like they threw in the extra grind to give us something to do well we wait. I think DE released this cluster fudge of time gates and grinding  to buy em some time. 

They coulda at least made the missions fun  by putting some challenging mobs. It is a snooze fest. The repair missions, The grinding of mats. It seems like Index is the only fun part of it to be honest. That is not a good thing. 😣

Edited by bananacat89
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

And then you realize the 3rd component is on Lua, which means you have to pass Uranus and do TSD and by that time you've likely already build your first Warframe.

Then you see the credit/resource cost and realize it will take far more than being able to build that than your first Warframe.

They are on track with everyone else the moment their first credit.

Im aware. It was more a joke than anything that they have something they intend for people who are well off and just... have us farm really low level enemies primarily.

I'd have less of an issue with the price tag if there were a few more options to gain noticeable amounts of credits that weren't Index/PT. I mean aside from Argon I can get every other resource from multiple locations, the drip feed of credits in normal missions is just soul crushingly low compared to Index and PT.

That being said I'm at 4.5 million at the moment and nearly done with my pre-prep...assuming the Switch version ever gets updated at this rate.

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I'd have less of an issue with the price tag if there were a few more options to gain noticeable amounts of credits that weren't Index/PT. I mean aside from Argon I can get every other resource from multiple locations, the drip feed of credits in normal missions is just soul crushingly low compared to Index and PT.

That being said I'm at 4.5 million at the moment and nearly done with my pre-prep...assuming the Switch version ever gets updated at this rate.

Good effort in a few days there mate! 🙂

4 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Good effort in a few days there mate! 🙂

Well I am basically having to do low risk near solo (lacking Primed Mods and/or Rivens isn't helping my speed) so it isn't the theoretical highest rate I can pull off.

Overall it isn't as slow as I expected, but due to the Nightwave this week being heavily focused on Simaris tasks recruit chat has been doing much more ESO and Kuva survival than anything.

I also don't have/refuse to buy a credit booster because I'm plat poor right now, so I have to do it the long way.

But at least I'm living up to my words of having a rational complaint backed by hard work regardless of my complaint.

16 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Well I am basically having to do low risk near solo (lacking Primed Mods and/or Rivens isn't helping my speed) so it isn't the theoretical highest rate I can pull off.

Overall it isn't as slow as I expected, but due to the Nightwave this week being heavily focused on Simaris tasks recruit chat has been doing much more ESO and Kuva survival than anything.

I also don't have/refuse to buy a credit booster because I'm plat poor right now, so I have to do it the long way.

But at least I'm living up to my words of having a rational complaint backed by hard work regardless of my complaint.

Do you have Wukong? Just use a heavy hitting secondary or primary like acceltra, tombfinger etc and let your clone destroy them in high risk. 

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Do you have Wukong? Just use a heavy hitting secondary or primary like acceltra, tombfinger etc and let your clone destroy them in high risk. 

I should get the last rank on him and try that.

I've been having to tag-team with Umbra when I can't find anyone else, honestly I think part of what I dislike about Index is the meta being weird.

Even after checking guides I still haven't fully solved exactly what to do to make going alone easier, but I think most of my problem stems from not having a ton of high damage weapons lying around (I've always had to fight harder to make up for that issue).

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

I should get the last rank on him and try that.

I've been having to tag-team with Umbra when I can't find anyone else, honestly I think part of what I dislike about Index is the meta being weird.

Even after checking guides I still haven't fully solved exactly what to do to make going alone easier, but I think most of my problem stems from not having a ton of high damage weapons lying around (I've always had to fight harder to make up for that issue).

When I used to solo high risk I just used a Rhino with Tigris Prime - full status build. That was pretty easy. Now for Nightwave I use Nova and a Rubico.