Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any weapons you'd like to see buffed?

Aldain

16 minutes ago, Aldain said:

...How did I forget about the Veldt?

Then again DE themselves forgot about it so I guess it makes sense I would too.

But agreed, that thing could use some touchups too.

Honestly I think the Veldt is decent...in its class.  The problems it has are more  issues with semi auto rifles generally and the nature of the game.

Would LOVE a buff for flux rifle . I know it has been buffed several times already but it's the only primary of it's kind in the game. I mean pinpoint laser.

That being said pretty much every high damage manual trigger rifle in the game is less usefull at high level because of armor scaling. Looking at you Veltd.

4 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Honestly I think the Veldt is decent...in its class.  The problems it has are more  issues with semi auto rifles generally and the nature of the game.

That's the funny thing about the Veldt that people often forget, it actually has the same damage and crit chance of the freaking Latron PRIME with a large magazine and lower reload time.

Edited by Aldain

36 minutes ago, Aldain said:

That's the funny thing about the Veldt that people often forget, it actually has the same damage and crit chance of the freaking Latron PRIME with a large magazine and lower reload time.

And, more importantly, it sounds approximately 700x better. 😎

Tetra/prisma could use some love. IMO one of the neatest reload/clip visuals, and a satisfying firing sound.
The base damage is on the low end, it is not particularly crit viable, and the status chance is in the 'meh' zone.
To top it off, the gun relies on 'bullet life' that is extremely short, while the projectiles have fairly low flight speed.
Buffing a single one of these aspects would brighten my day.

13 minutes ago, punish_me said:

Its can 🙂 You cant see this mod in exilus tab, its only a visual bug. But you still can use it. 

Really? I'll have to look again. Maybe the same visual bug for Tactical Reload?

EDIT: Nope. Tactical Reload really isn't available for Kuva Chakkhurr even though other Assault Rifle mods like Gun Glide are.

Edited by nslay

Gorgon, but really any of the LMGs. Between the spin up time (WHY IS THIS EVEN A THING ON AN LMG? LMGS DO NOT NEED TO SPIN UP, DE.) and the relatively low damage and accuracy, they're pretty anemic. The Prisma gorgon is good with the right riven, but there's a bunch of weapons that do the job better and cheaper. 

If I may honest almost all 2-5++ years old weapon should have see some facelift. I am keeping in mind if the ips damage types become more balanced these changes may no need or will need but anyway I just imagine some numbers of it.

I will write down my list of items and why I think it needs buffs and why would be good to do. I apologize to my grammar because I am not native english speaker and I can learn only from these interactions since I do not have time to direct learn. So let's get started.

Lato and Aklato / lato series. - While lato is a starter weapon and it serves the newer players I think it could have do more damage a little bit and a little bit more ammo size ( not mag ) would help on them. The 30 damage on the Lato distributed mostly to the slash but the impact and puncture all in pair. I could see more damage on these two part to beign closer to the slash. like 12-12-15 so almost 40 damage also with 300 ammo cap. I think it would be a good step to make releavant it because that means better ammo economy. Same goes to the Aklato and the damage could be the same and I personally would add plus 100-150 ammo so overall 400-450 ammo it because this weapon shooting faster than the lato and eats more ammo so the double sized mag capacity would be logical. Also reducing the 2,4 second reaload speed into 1,3-1,5 second because as a newbie weapon it should not be that long to reload.

Latron series / I saw a thread not too long ago about what is the problem with this gun. I used back in time a lot but the recoil and the reload speed on a nearly starter weapon which has relatively low damage and you need to deal with the high recoil while aiming is not a user friendly weapon. Also the magazine capacity is lower than the direct update Tiberon which is a good weapon and more accurate. I personally would change the magazine to 30, reduce the recoil, reduce slightly the reload time like 1,6 second which is more fair than the 2,4. Also would increase the crit chance to 20% and the status up to 15%. Would also change the mastery needs of the weapon and the crafting materials to match with the lower mr requirement so it would be a decent starter weapon for starter players. The plastid is on a further level I say it is reachable to new players because basically almost everything can be done under a week but if we see the learning curve this weapon would have been on a later level where the players are familiar with the parkour and opened and played (memorized) some content already.

Braton series / I think this weapon serie is fine for starter players and I do no have so much complain about the Braton because it is a newbie weapon. I still think it could be buffed to be more versatile just a little bit. I would make the Braton also a Mr2-3 weapon and increase the crit chance up to 20% and the status up to 13-18% so it would be a well moddable weapon. Change the damage up to 12-12-13 so it would be a well suited all around weapon. Also improve the magazine size up to 60 so it would be more efficient and durable. The main reason behind this there is a prime with higher magazine size and there is an mk1 braton which also have larger magazine and also no need mastery to use it. Why would we need to keep the two weapon in the same level when the mk1 series meant to starter weapon. The mk1 braton also could have some buffs to be more efficient but not as efficient as the regular braton. Also the braton prime would need more crit chance and impact damage to beign more balanced with the damage distribution also the vandal version could see some number changes. The Braton prime has higher reocil than the regular so it should justify the better damage if you aim better with it. 

Burston series / The refular Burston is an all arounder weapon but the recoil is higher than the Braton series and in damage while balanced I feel it is low despite this weapon after the changes became more status oriented. I feel the prime version could be tweaked to fit more with the mastery needs because the stats not justify why it needs that mastery level. Sure the crit chance on it is not that bad and the status is workable but damage wise the stats not so great and there are better choices in lower mastery level to kill faster. I do not say damage wise it needs to be double but a little bit more damage and utility on these weapons would be better. If the recoil only just reduced to the half I would likely use these weapons more because I like to aim kill the targets.

Hind / The Hind is a hybrid weapon or I could say the griiner answer to the burston. Slower fire rate, more bullet per burst a mediocre status and crit chance. This weapon is directly designed to be bad because it is not tenno weapon so the stat kept moderate. The slash damage on it is nice, but the recoil on this weapon and the weird idea to press x ( any button for alt fire on your bind) was a terrible idea instead they could just add a toggle mode so you can switch to the burst/single shot modes. That one change could make this weapon more useful if I do no need to press as much the X as much I do press the E for meele. Damage wise I would not touch this gun because the slash is nice on it and the impact-puncture is also in close range to each other so basically you can use against almost all types of enemies. I personally would increase the status up to 22% from the 10% and reduce the recoild also giving the weapon a toggle fire mode.

Gorgon series / I never really liked these kind of weapons and the relatively small magazine and high reload time and the mediocre damage small crit+status made me not like to use these weapons at all and I did not sold it for later use but often thought I will. Stat wise you get a weapon which mainly impact which is not a bad damage type but not as efficient as the slash for obvious reasons. I personally would reduce the recoil a bit keep the reload speed but in exchange improve the magazine and ammo capacity up to 150 mag size and 1000 ammo cap at least. Increase the status from 9% to 15% and improve the puncture+slash damage on it each by 10 damage. This itself would make this weapon more interesting if the spool up times would be reduced. Of course these changes needs a better mastery for it so I would up the mastery need for this to mr5-6. This changes still not makes me like to use this gun but it would be an useful machine gun even if they desire later on give a better skin to it as alt skin. " minigun ".

Soma series (includes aksomati) / Soma was a nice weapon for the crits but the base damage capacities were always lack. The crit moddability saved this weapon from beign a mediocre weapon. I personally would improve the damage on this gun despite it is a machine gun with high magazine capacity so it is not supposed to be strong per shot but with crit modding. I personally would improve the damage on it up to 8-8-8 to each damage type or a bit more to the puncture or slash and improve the status chance from 7%-to 15%. The mastery rank and crafting cost (50k creds) justify it despite the fact 50k credit is not so much but for a mr6 weapon this should be better. The same goes with the prime hence it is better in status by 3% and have 200 mag capacity but the gun does deal the same damage. Basically what is in it's mr7 title. I personally would improve the soma Prime mr needs to mr10 but increase the ammo capacity up to 1500 (same goes normal soma) increase the status chance up to 25% from 10% and maybe the crit chance up to 35%. The damage distribution could be 9-9-13 so overall the weapon could perform much better with modding and on higher levels. May these changes on this weapons not happens but it is at least a more viable idea.

Aksomati on the other hand is a nice mini soma even better than the soma in some part but it's still in needs some adjustment. The crit chance for a dual machine pistol is fine and I personally like this weapon but I can imagine more status and better damage distribution with more damage overall. the 24% crit is okay in my book but the status could be 20% from 8% to be a good hybrid machine pistol. Also would change the ammo capacity at least double the size because this weapon eating much more ammo hence you can use it as a single shot or mini bursting weapon. my damage idead for this weapon is 7,8 impact, 9,5 puncture and 22,3 slash. Why I feel this change is needed is mostly because I like this weapon but on serious note it is a mr9 sidearm and there are weapons in the same league which does the job better.  My other fav Akstiletto for example does almost the same but with more impact. 

Kraken / Why I feel this weapon would needs some buff is the fact the Sicarus does the job better which is a credit purchase item which no need crafting at all. Kraken would be a nice weapon with more magazine or just better crit-status levels which honestly would not be bad for this weapon. I like the recoil on this weapon and it could be use for headshots easily because you shot 2 ammo per shot so basically double the damage you deal with 1 fire. The problem is the magazine capacity 14 is not enough. I personally would improve it up to 20 mag at least and improve the damage distribution aswell. Up the puncture and slash up to 11-11 damage so it would be a bit better all around. The status is 13% which is okay if you put 4 dual status elemental mod it because that is very decent then but I could up to 23% and the crit from 5% to 15-18%. This weapon mostly needs this also would give it a mr3 level requirement to this. What I would like to add is an option to add a single shot mode in exchange the damage could change. 

These are now what I think would have be changed but of course could write much more but then you will read a wall of text so I just stop here. Keep in mind it is only my opinion and some may be power fantasy but this thread is all about the ideas so don't be afraid to share. Hope you could read this huge text and feel free to share your ideas, thanks your time and cheers.

Edited by Sziklamester
  • Like 2