Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TIL Rare Containers in Railjack missions drop Umbral Forma BPs

Gabbynaru

20 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

Oh, no I completely agree. There is a small percentage of players who would think that 'you should get rewards based on your participation'. I think they should be shared across the board considering the type of game this is, and with each member having a vital role in railjack, everyone earns their 'pay'. So no arguments here.

to be fair I'd argue that the pilot and the person putting out fires should get a larger share due to their role being the least 'fun' lol

22 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

to be fair I'd argue that the pilot and the person putting out fires should get a larger share due to their role being the least 'fun' lol

The problem I see when you pilot the ship is how you can do almost nothing to stop the RJ from taking major damage, shields go down in less than a second, you can have full health and still get a major rupture, you can't outrun boarding parties, being an engi/patrol is almost the same, you don't have an active role like "redirecting shielding" or other stuff, the repair minigames rarely give you any motivation for anything except keeping a supply of repair juice, there are no automated defenses to maintain here and there, etc., you know what game made it a bit more interactive? Battlefront 2 (the classic one by Pandemic Studios) in which the crew had to keep an eye from boarding parties, repair the auto-turrets (which weren't the kind of turred DE abhors) and you could even restore the shields by dedicating some time to repair damaged systems.

42 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

The problem I see when you pilot the ship is how you can do almost nothing to stop the RJ from taking major damage, shields go down in less than a second, you can have full health and still get a major rupture, you can't outrun boarding parties, being an engi/patrol is almost the same, you don't have an active role like "redirecting shielding" or other stuff, the repair minigames rarely give you any motivation for anything except keeping a supply of repair juice, there are no automated defenses to maintain here and there, etc., you know what game made it a bit more interactive? Battlefront 2 (the classic one by Pandemic Studios) in which the crew had to keep an eye from boarding parties, repair the auto-turrets (which weren't the kind of turred DE abhors) and you could even restore the shields by dedicating some time to repair damaged systems.

Going to add to this since you mentioned star wars. After the NGE (New Game Enhancements, which ended up crippling the playerbase) Star Wars Galaxies had space combat, very interactive and in-depth but not elite dangerous levels of complicated. Easy enough to get invested in, with the ability to craft dozens of different armaments etc. while also having the ability to move power from all shields to forward/back or to power all or specific weapons. Was a very good system, one I think would greatly benefit the Railjack.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

In case anyone wanted to know it is intended. 

Oh, no doubt it was intended. Just a shame they seem to destroy one thing when creating another. They made invasions worthless when they added fortuna, since you can get a dozen or more in an hour doing fortuna bounties than you'd ever get from invasions concerning mutagen mass, injectors, fieldrons. Then while I didn't like umbra stuff to begin with (powercreep for no real reason), at least that one was saving grace that nightwave had. Now they've removed that with Empyrean.

Sadly, another plateau of power must be reached, and in order to do that players will need to play through Empyrean.

1 hour ago, grindbert said:

now i only need to drop a million hours into railjack to finally be able to max out my warframes again.

Whether they do it for fun or because they 'have' to, is sadly up for debate, although from what I've seen/heard, I'd say it's the latter, which is a shame. Hopefully part 3 will bring it all together or make it crumble.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tinklzs said:

Going to add to this since you mentioned star wars. After the NGE (New Game Enhancements, which ended up crippling the playerbase) Star Wars Galaxies had space combat, very interactive and in-depth but not elite dangerous levels of complicated. Easy enough to get invested in, with the ability to craft dozens of different armaments etc. while also having the ability to move power from all shields to forward/back or to power all or specific weapons. Was a very good system, one I think would greatly benefit the Railjack.

I know is an unpopular opinion but I think RJ could benefit from having at least two extra players, ideally eight players total but six would make a big difference when it comes to having some support and not rely on Artificial Idiocy like the one we got with companions and specters.

15 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

I knew Umbra Forma would be farmable eventually; just thought it would come with The New War, in an endless mission on a Sentient node or something.

Yeah i expected them to be a New War thing in regards to increasing the frequency appearances. 

23 hours ago, Fire2box said:

it's lower then Aura Forma blueprints which costs 4 forma, a argon and 10 nitain extracts. This is just proof DE doesn't really like to balance things. 

Considering that it just adds the umbra polarity and does not provide the flexibility of an ordinary forma or a universal slot like how aura forma works and that the its still based on RNG and gated behind a content that you have level to get through its pretty reasonable.

Comparing this to Aura forma is like comparing apples too oranges. One makes a slot universal while the other just limits it to 1 polarity keep in mind that the drain will be hilarious if its not an umbra mod.

If it was Universal forma that would be a different story.

40 minutes ago, MadMattPrime said:

Considering that it just adds the umbra polarity and does not provide the flexibility of an ordinary forma or a universal slot like how aura forma works and that the its still based on RNG and gated behind a content that you have level to get through its pretty reasonable.

Comparing this to Aura forma is like comparing apples too oranges. One makes a slot universal while the other just limits it to 1 polarity keep in mind that the drain will be hilarious if its not an umbra mod.

If I put an umbral forma on a frame I'm never not using an umbral mod in that slot, especially considering with umbral forma in a frame you can afford to have non polarized slots whereas right now if you put no umbral forma in a frame but put in an umbral mod or 2 you need to polarize every single slot.  

About time they made this farmable.  4 a year would have been fine if they had started giving out umbral forma 5 years ago or so, however, when you introduce umbral forma and there are nearly 40 unique frames you have a problem if you're limited to 4 a year off NW offerings.  

Aura forma crafting requirements are much worse indeed, in fact it isn't really worth crafting them if you buy forma bundles to craft them you're saving very little in comparison to just buying an aura forma bundle directly from the market.  

56 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

About time they made this farmable.  4 a year would have been fine if they had started giving out umbral forma 5 years ago or so, however, when you introduce umbral forma and there are nearly 40 unique frames you have a problem if you're limited to 4 a year off NW offerings.  

Then I see at least one way of fixing this.

#1 Gives a reason to either go past rank 30 in Nightwave, or just give +1 or 2 (so 2 or 3 per season). Still makes it a choice, without making it too common.

Another idea I thought of, but would require DE to bring raids back, would be add it to the raid droptable, or the equivalent of raids (so a new difficult thing), but that would devalue it if you can farm it.

Oh, maybe add it to this new semi-baked game mode, since everyone wants to slap 2-3 Uformas on their favorite 20 frames. So it gives them a reason to play the content even if they don't like it or if it isn't working properly/finished. Oh, wait...

Just a shame that DE talks the talk on wanting balance, but can't even stand up to attempt to walk it.

16 hours ago, MadMattPrime said:

There's so few aura formas you'd ever use and the sacrificial mods especially on melee are incredibly strong after DE buffed it recently. You can directly compare all forma, aura forma requiring 4 normal forma to build is a damn joke because it's just doing what you would do before just at the same time. Changing the aura polarity slot each time you needed something else. But my point here isn't " huehuehue umbra forma should cost 8,12,16 or 20 forma to craft" it's that DE doesn't look at how to properly balance things. they'll release something and then change it based upon genrealized community feedback and in game metrics.

For aura forma, it's so damn useless to build their blueprints as it's you can only build one every 4 days unless you buy forma, in which case it's easier and likely cheaper to just buy the aura forma directly. It's why I bought a stack of 9 or 12 when they went to the market. 

Edited by Fire2box

16 hours ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

4 a year would have been fine if they had started giving out umbral forma 5 years ago or so, however, when you introduce umbral forma and there are nearly 40 unique frames you have a problem if you're limited to 4 a year off NW offerings.  

umbra forma can also be used on weapons and with the way DE constantly changes (nerfs) them i'm glad they are finally starting to be farmable. That said it's seemingly extremely rare, each person has to physically pick it up and not every player will call it out. So there's clearly players out there who missed out on umbra forma BP's already and don't even know it. 

On 2019-12-16 at 10:05 PM, Fire2box said:

umbra forma can also be used on weapons and with the way DE constantly changes (nerfs) them i'm glad they are finally starting to be farmable. That said it's seemingly extremely rare, each person has to physically pick it up and not every player will call it out. So there's clearly players out there who missed out on umbra forma BP's already and don't even know it. 

they are not farmable. they are so rare that 99.9% of players will never see one.

2 minutes ago, Osmium76 said:

^This, and where do they spawn?  Floating in space?  On the Derelict map in Ruse War Field?  On the Galleon map?

m76MlT3.jpg

On the ground, not in space. So, in a base, in a Shipkiller, in a Galleon... you know, where you do normal Warframe stuff.

• Like 1