Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TIL Rare Containers in Railjack missions drop Umbral Forma BPs

Gabbynaru

And just how rare are said rare containers.... if it's like a legendary core rare, you might never actually get them.  Outside of the free one with melee rework I have NEVER seen [edit] a legendary core [/edit] in the entire time I've played this game due to the low drop rates, even the normal rare containers are petty rare, probably one a month if I'm lucky so this isn't exactly a good way to add them imo.

Essentially I don't mind a bit of a farm for a 'rare' item but shoving it behind essentially rng and luck isn't the way to add in umbral forma imo. 

Edited by LSG501
clarity

1 hour ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Well, there goes any hopes I had of the Umbral Forma system remaining fair and balanced. Yet another balanced system sacrificed to RNG in the hopes of appeasing the no-lifer gambling addicts.

I was already using Umbral Intensify+Fiber on my Eidolon Slayer build, the power creep already happened 12 months ago

2 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

Thought I'd share it with you.

Did you get it off a crewship or a base? because ive found that on foot loot is NOT shared. Which means that this could cause serious problems for everyone but the one person boarding a crewship if a rare cache spawned on a "temporary" existing crewship.

5 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Did you get it off a crewship or a base? because ive found that on foot loot is NOT shared. Which means that this could cause serious problems for everyone but the one person boarding a crewship if a rare cache spawned on a "temporary" existing crewship.

Base. On a Shipkiller, as I was heading for the second core.

20 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

Agreed. Also from the wiki Umbra Forma blueprints can be acquired from the Empyrean mission Jex Lanes on Earth Proxima.[1] ...

I got it on Saturn Proxima, Nodo Gap.

Edited by Gabbynaru

4 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Did you get it off a crewship or a base? because ive found that on foot loot is NOT shared.

That might explain why I got less than a clan mate in a mission, they were one of the 'archwing guys' while I was pilot.... that is just great planning by DE if that is the case.

58 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I was already using Umbral Intensify+Fiber on my Eidolon Slayer build, the power creep already happened 12 months ago

While I understand your point, it was time-gated with nightwave, making umbra forma a big choice / investment. It felt important, now it's no different than normal forma just slightly harder to get, taking that choice and impact out of the equation.

46 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

That might explain why I got less than a clan mate in a mission, they were one of the 'archwing guys' while I was pilot.... that is just great planning by DE if that is the case.

Not sure if you're in support of this decision or against it with how you worded it. Personally, sounds like a bad thing considering everyone is part of the squad, and should get an equal share. 

22 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

Not sure if you're in support of this decision or against it with how you worded it. Personally, sounds like a bad thing considering everyone is part of the squad, and should get an equal share. 

against....

Why would anyone want to be the pilot or the person putting out fires on the ship (which in all honesty is boring enough as it is) only to then get screwed out of a good portion of the rewards.  It's a totally stupid thing that needs to be sorted 'now'... same goes for different rewards between players (seen threads about differing stats on salvage, ie engines, rewards between players)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

against....

Why would anyone want to be the pilot or the person putting out fires on the ship (which in all honesty is boring enough as it is) only to then get screwed out of a good portion of the rewards.  It's a totally stupid thing that needs to be sorted 'now'... same goes for different rewards between players (seen threads about differing stats on salvage, ie engines, rewards between players)

Oh, no I completely agree. There is a small percentage of players who would think that 'you should get rewards based on your participation'. I think they should be shared across the board considering the type of game this is, and with each member having a vital role in railjack, everyone earns their 'pay'. So no arguments here.