Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NO UNIVERSAL BLINK ON CONSOLES - Confirmed by DE Megan, Today On Stream

(PSN)True_Reclaimer

They did mention it in the patch notes. First statement on the AW changes section, in fact.

- disregard this upper quote - 

On 2019-12-13 at 1:12 AM, [DE]Danielle said:

The changes that refined Afterburner and brought Blink to all Archwings were not included in this Update because we could not get them to work properly in time, and we did not want to hold the rest of the content.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 5

Welcome to being treated like a second-rate customer. At least they didn't delete all of our settings and chat filters like last time.

Don't worry, I'm sure they will fix it before going on holiday for the rest of the year and not leave consoles with no Itzal Blink or universal blink for nearly a month. /s

Could you imagine if they did this to PC?!

EDIT: And all they need to do is make slide=descend and roll=blink, or make blink use operator mode's command. There are plenty of unused archwing commands. It almost makes you wonder why archwing doesn't have a separate control scheme yet.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Welcome to being treated like a second-rate customer. At least they didn't delete all of our settings and chat filters like last time.

Don't worry, I'm sure they will fix it before going on holiday for the rest of the year and not leave consoles with no Itzal Blink or universal blink for nearly a month. /s

I dont think PC is much better off right now with Railjack being almost unplayable, though I do agree with you

But hey, at least Im not Switch 😂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

Wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened. Just remember, we're the beta testers so you don't have to deal with half the crap we do...

😒

Don't pretend you wouldn't get a hot fix in a day or two at most. I've been around since the console launch and I know that PC gets far more benefits even if there are some rough launches. You make it sound like consoles have a perfect gameplay experience when that is so far from the truth.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

EDIT: And all they need to do is make slide=descend and roll=blink, or make blink use operator mode's command. There are plenty of unused archwing commands. It almost makes you wonder why archwing doesn't have a separate control scheme yet.

I look forward to getting to launch my railjack sometime in 2021, with how long they've been taking to even get builds to cert lately. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Don't pretend you wouldn't get a hot fix in a day or two at most. I've been around since the console launch and I know that PC gets far more benefits even if there are some rough launches. You make it sound like consoles have a perfect gameplay experience when that is so far from the truth.

This. I (and 99% of the console base, probably) would trade our wait times for having to "beta test" as well, in a heartbeat. Especially when there's anything significant story wise, when our choices are either avoid the forums, YouTube, and all ingame chat for like a month (or longer) or almost certainly have everything spoiled. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

I dont think PC is much better off right now with Railjack being almost unplayable, though I do agree with you

But hey, at least Im not Switch 😂

The outrage when Old Blood delayed for almost 2 weeks was pretty entertaining tbh

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Don't act like you didn't read my whole comment either. I said "half" the crap we deal with. So don't act like I didn't say consoles haven't got anything to complain about because there are plenty of bugs through all versions of the game client rather it be console or PC. Just a lot of the major testing for updates is done on PC because we get updates as soon as they are ready.

Again, PC tests before hand, a lot of bugs are fixed but, there's plenty that get shipped in the consoles version of the client. That can't be helped since things are always different on console than it is on PC.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

Alpha* testers

Game is eternal beta so we are all beta testers 🤷‍♂️

While true, you have to admit that the game modes and content are tested more on PC than console. So all the feedback changes from PC are then put in affect by the time consoles release hits said console. Not all of course, and further feedback from consoles can be seen making it's way to the game on either side.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

The entitlement in this post lmfao. If you read the patch notes for yourself, you'd realize that they didn't withhold it on purpose as a personal attack against you. Better to wait until they can make it function than give a broken version that would have people *@##$ing.

Grow up.

10 hours ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

I don't really know what you are talking about. I have encountered several bugs, but nothing game breaking (although I mostly played solo or with my clanmate). My friend told me that the PUBs tend to be more buggy, with the ship dissapearing sometimes for a short amount of time etc, but again, nothing that would make it "unplayable".

10 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

tiny violin sound? you will get your blink, just a little god damn later. geeez

11 hours ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

At 18:53 Megan finally explained the mysterious lack of Blink on all console builds - which DE forgot to mention in the patch notes

Xbox One at 1 stream

you should thank me for playing controller on PC, i report bugs with controllers (i reported the blink problem over a month ago). They just said that it wasn't making it for the drydock update, PC players also didnt have it for the drydock update and it's fixed now that railjack part 2 is out.

^^^these bugs still exist now for controller on PC so you should be thankful they should be fixed before console gets the update.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

We do get tennogen for plat. So that's a plus.

9 hours ago, (NSW)Gunz said:

The entitlement in this post lmfao. If you read the patch notes for yourself, you'd realize that they didn't withhold it on purpose as a personal attack against you. Better to wait until they can make it function than give a broken version that would have people *@##$ing.

Grow up.

8 hours ago, tzadquiel said:

tiny violin sound? you will get your blink, just a little god damn later. geeez

I made this point in the actual update thread so it was lost here, but no one forced DE to release Rising Tides at the Game Awards. It added nothing that couldn't wait a week for polish or to fix the known problems with button binds. It's not like consoles will be getting Empyrean this year so releasing it a week later would have had minimal impact.

Furthermore, DE needs to learn their limits. Releasing Empyrean was their primary focus so why did they have to release Rising Tides simultaneously when they had all of their attention on Empyrean anyway? It could have come out earlier in the week or a week later and it wouldn't have mattered. Why? Because it was about PR, not about releasing content when it was ready.

At the very least leaving Itzal with Blink could have made the best of a bad situation but, again, DE forced the update out the door for the big announcement, not because it was the best for the game or console community. At least in my industry people are held accountable for bad decisions like this, especially when there was no one forcing them to make it.

20 hours ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

At 18:53 Megan finally explained the mysterious lack of Blink on all console builds - which DE forgot to mention in the patch notes

Xbox One at 1 stream

It was in the patch notes tho 

Archwing Flight Changes:

The changes that refined Afterburner and brought Blink to all Archwings were not included in this Update because we could not get them to work properly in time, and we did not want to hold the rest of the content. We were optimistic we could include it, but it was apparent in our testing that we’d cause quite a few binding blunders releasing it in its current state. So we are putting time into releasing a more controller friendly version of the changes for our console Tenno. That said, one Archwing change we did include in this update from the batch in PC’s Update 26.1 is Itzal's new ability “ARCH LINE”. This means that Blink will be temporarily unavailable until we release it on all Archwings with sensible bindings. It goes without saying that we know this is extremely disruptive for our Tridolon hunters who heavily rely on the ability - we will be resolving this in the next Update! We know this is not ideal, we apologize for the temporary hold on Blink while we work to improve overall Archwing controls on controllers. 

the post was last edited the friday b4 your post OP. you must not read patch notes. The edit was not for the archwing changes either it was origin pack launch dates so the AW changes have been there from the start.

Edited by (XB1)Dex Xean

20 hours ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

Where do people get these ideas from?

There are bugs but they are in a galaxy far far away from having any game breaking impact on the mode. If it was so unplayable it would be kinda odd to see so many in Veil Proxima already. I think I've had to abort 2 missions as a whole due to bugs. One was me getting stuck in archwing, which broke my game when I entered a turret. The other was me getting stuck in a hangar with invisible walls before I had reached a rank high enough to use my omni as a teleport. The mode works better in this "alpha" state than most modes have worked at full release otherwise. And no mode has been released unplayable aside from ESO early on due to host migration issues.

And then the patch today fixed most of the annoying visual bugs.