Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AFK & Railjack and also Newbies in RJ .. What?!

Joe_Barbarian

Why is it that some people find it perfectly acceptable to just do nothing on a Railjack, either standing on top of the slingshot or just sitting in a gunnery seat licking the window.

Now I won't say most of my matches or even a lot are occupied with such scumbags but when you have 3 different leeching turd eaters in back to back missions it kind of puts you off.

Next up is why is Railjack so accessible to everyone, one of the face dragging leechers I had has less than 40 hours in the game at MR 5 (Before anyone thinks I'm riding this guy too hard he was literally standing still holding the Omni on top of the slingshot for 10 minutes not responding to anyone). What I don't get is why does places like Fortuna has such a harsh gateway to "content" but Railjack lets any snowflake on for the ride.

• Like 3

...Make a squad and you'll find this issue magically disappears since there are no random players.

Recruit chat solves this issue for literally every other instance it occurs.

Seriously, run with clanmates, find a premade, join a discord, just do something other than complain in general discussion that newbies and afk's are ruining 1 out of 10 runs.

Public matchmaking is the biggest RNG in a game filled with RNG, and even the slightest bit of effort can remove it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

...Make a squad and you'll find this issue magically disappears since there are no random players.

Seriously, run with clanmates, find a premade, join a discord, just do something other than complain in general discussion that newbies and afk's are ruining 1 out of 10 runs.

Public matchmaking is the biggest RNG in a game filled with RNG, and even the slightest bit of effort can remove it.

Right, I got it now, if we ignore the problem then there is no problem

• Like 7

Just now, Joe_Barbarian said:

More like rather than purposely stubbing your toe on the same door frame and cursing at it, take one extra second to avoid slamming your toe into a door frame.

This is a player side issue, making a squad is ENTIRELY in the player's control, using matchmaking is the option for when you don't care what you get and just want to do a mission.

It is the same thing every time in these threads, "Oh god why are there newbies in my public Tridolon?!" "Because you were lazy and tried to walk into content that needs some semblance of coordination with randoms".

Putting in arbitrary blocks for players still won't solve the AFK or competence issues either, there are plenty of people long past MR5 that are pretty much brainless, I know from experience with MR14 players who don't even know how to do a Spy vault right (but notice, rather than complaining about it, I just run solo as Limbo).

My mindset for pub games are “Carry or No Victory”. I always assume those randoms that don’t communicate as bots or just there to fill up slots and I am doing the mission all by myself. Trust me, it saves a lot of stress and headaches.

If you want to do a difficult activities like tridolons, Veil Proxima RJ missions, long arbitrations run but you cannot carry or do it alone use recruit chat.

8 minutes ago, Aldain said:

This is a player side issue, making a squad is ENTIRELY in the player's control, using matchmaking is the option for when you don't care what you get and just want to do a mission.

Sure, there are things we can do as players, but there may also be systems the devs could implement. Question is whether, given players can premake squads, it's worth the devs time to set something up.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Why is it that some people find it perfectly acceptable to just do nothing on a Railjack, either standing on top of the slingshot or just sitting in a gunnery seat licking the window.

Now I won't say most of my matches or even a lot are occupied with such scumbags but when you have 3 different leeching turd eaters in back to back missions it kind of puts you off.

Next up is why is Railjack so accessible to everyone, one of the face dragging leechers I had has less than 40 hours in the game at MR 5 (Before anyone thinks I'm riding this guy too hard he was literally standing still holding the Omni on top of the slingshot for 10 minutes not responding to anyone). What I don't get is why does places like Fortuna has such a harsh gateway to "content" but Railjack lets any snowflake on for the ride.

There are definetely afkers, but also fathers with children needing attention, kids that are called by their moms, managers that get an important call from work etc.

Its just a game and a public matchup. I always assume that my squadmates are unprepared in pubs so i have to be and they can go awall for as long as the mission lasts. If you feel bad about it write them up, if there is no reaction or a negative one, they are most probably afkers leeching and if that bothers you report them. 

To be honest thou, its better for you to be prepared enough to not be bothered about it (thats what i do) or do a premade team. 

18 minutes ago, Aldain said:

More like rather than purposely stubbing your toe on the same door frame and cursing at it, take one extra second to avoid slamming your toe into a door frame.

It is the same thing every time in these threads, "Oh god why are there newbies in my public Tridolon?!" "Because you were lazy and tried to walk into content that needs some semblance of coordination with randoms".

Putting in arbitrary blocks for players still won't solve the AFK or competence issues either, there are plenty of people long past MR5 that are pretty much brainless, I know from experience with MR14 players who don't even know how to do a Spy vault right (but notice, rather than complaining about it, I just run solo as Limbo).

The very definition of ignoring the issue at hand.

15 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

My mindset for pub games are “Carry or No Victory”. I always assume those randoms that don’t communicate as bots or just there to fill up slots and I am doing the mission all by myself. Trust me, it saves a lot of stress and headaches.

If you want to do a difficult activities like tridolons, Veil Proxima RJ missions, long arbitrations run but you cannot carry or do it alone use recruit chat.

There are people being stupid or down right idiots then there is purposefully leeching and doing nothing.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Eh... I mean you're right. But at the same time, it would be nice if DE finally did something about new players getting paired up with "veterans".

Giving them access to RJ was also a bad decision imo. But that's not gonna change.

1 minute ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

The very definition of ignoring the issue at hand.

More like realizing that a molehill is just a molehill and not a mountain.

You've been given a solution and the tools to avoid the issue, refusing to use them does not constitute a need for a different solution.

I play solo, I intend to play solo when the command tree launches to avoid these issues entirely, because once the command tree is available I will be able to remove any other players from the variables.

Your "issue" stems from not wanting to put effort in avoiding what you're complaining about and saying that the issue is an issue for everyone when the vast majority of people just don't care or solve the issue using the advice of "make a premade" which has been around long before matchmaking systems were ever introduced into online gaming.

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

More like realizing that a molehill is just a molehill and not a mountain.

You've been given a solution and the tools to avoid the issue, refusing to use them does not constitute a need for a different solution.

I play solo, I intend to play solo when the command tree launches to avoid these issues entirely, because once the command tree is available I will be able to remove any other players from the variables.

Your "issue" stems from not wanting to put effort in avoiding what you're complaining about and saying that the issue is an issue for everyone when the vast majority of people just don't care or solve the issue using the advice of "make a premade" which has been around long before matchmaking systems were ever introduced into online gaming.

It's not just "my issue" people are expecting to get something for nothing and people just allow it. I'm not talking about low performers i'm talking about outright being AFK and leeching intentionally.

I've not once said that the issue is an issue for everyone, I asked and i'll repeat it for you: 

You are starting to come across as one of those "Some People" ...

• Like 1

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Joe_Barbarian:

Just simple. Because the developer allowed such behaviour in his game. I wont judge them (personally I find it annoying). But the gamesystem were implemented like that. Theres only a few solutions: Get a premade, fail/abort the mission after you asked them and they still doing nothing. For the Rest you have to blaim the Developer.

I find the main problem is its so hard to report leechers. You have to spend like 5 minutes getting your screenshot and sending it to support. So really the leecher steals 30 minutes of your life, then another 5 so you can report them. Often to have it occur in them not getting banned and having them leeching another mission from you 2 weeks later.

Edited by Skaleek

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

Or maybe, just maybe DE could put a bit of effort in and prevent it from occurring in the first place. Just a thought.

But asking for proper matchmaking and team management tools is like asking for a proper trading system, some fan (short for "fanatic", not a good thing) will immediately pipe up with the ever unhelpful "there's a chat channel for that".

Edited by SordidDreams

Blacklist the leechers and move on.  Find people in recruiting chat as those people want to play the game generally speaking.  If this was a major issue that was happening over 50% of the time DE would likely address it because do you really think DE, the people who made this game require millions of resources to build everything, would be ok with a large group of people getting stuff they made with actual zero effort?  I think not.  

18 minutes ago, Awazx said:

Another reason to wait for the commander system and have our own NPC crew.

For my part, when that comes, only a few selected friends will step on my ship.

Smart move.

Hopefully Commander Intrinsics will allow us to make better use of our Lich Allies (if any). They'd make for decent counters to boarding parties for sure.

Il y a 3 heures, Joe_Barbarian a dit :

I did this kind of things. And I did it because I was fully bugged. Black screen, loss of control, being stuck in invisible railjack walls, getting stuck in slingshot with no way of clicking anywhere... It happens. Sometimes, even the chat is deactivated. Should I alt-f4 and lose my 45 mn loot ? Certainly not. If you are always Host, you may not know. But playing as a client in railjack isn't always about afk or not, it's about either you can play, or not.

4 hours ago, Aldain said:

4 hours ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Imagine that there's a board with a nail turned upwards... You see the nail, you know what it'll do to you if you step/fall/trip/whatever on it... Then a group of, lets say, 20 people arrive... Everyone avoids the nail, but you choose to step on it... And then you complain that the nail pierced your skin and a certain depth of your flesh.

(pain sound, -1 HP on your HUD)

You're absolutely right, the nail is a problem and its there. However, you were the only one that stepped on it while everyone else consciously avoided it.

... Now, imagine that the nail is the truth behind Public Matchmaking.

Everyone that has common sense weighs the pros and cons of Public Matchmaking, and usually pretty much everyone avoids it, with a slight variance being mission dependent... Those that actually see that the cons outweigh the pros will never run Public Matchmaking except for Survival missions, or SO/ESO missions... Like me, where people actually have to kill enemies in order to reap the rewards and/or to maximize their leeching. But to keep them active, I isolate myself on purpose from the group by going as far away as possible, taking the entire enemy spawn mass with me, which forces the leecher to move in order to gain affinity (which is the real reason why they leech).

So, yeah, since I'm not taking my recruits into Railjack missions until they build their own Railjack and manage to solo the 1st mission node, at least, I've been soloing Railjack  missions on my own... And surprisingly for a content that's "not for solo players yet", its actually really easy to solo.

So, like Aldain said, even though you're right and its a problem, you have ways to avoid the nail. Stepping on the nail and then complaining about the result isn't going to get you anywhere but the Circus.

4 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Imagine that there's a board with a nail turned upwards... You see the nail, you know what it'll do to you if you step/fall/trip/whatever on it... Then a group of, lets say, 20 people arrive... Everyone avoids the nail, but you choose to step on it... And then you complain that the nail pierced your skin and a certain depth of your flesh.

(pain sound, -1 HP on your HUD)

You're absolutely right, the nail is a problem and its there. However, you were the only one that stepped on it while everyone else consciously avoided it.

... Now, imagine that the nail is the truth behind Public Matchmaking.

Everyone that has common sense weighs the pros and cons of Public Matchmaking, and usually pretty much everyone avoids it, with a slight variance being mission dependent... Those that actually see that the cons outweigh the pros will never run Public Matchmaking except for Survival missions, or SO/ESO missions... Like me, where people actually have to kill enemies in order to reap the rewards and/or to maximize their leeching. But to keep them active, I isolate myself on purpose from the group by going as far away as possible, taking the entire enemy spawn mass with me, which forces the leecher to move in order to gain affinity (which is the real reason why they leech).

So, yeah, since I'm not taking my recruits into Railjack missions until they build their own Railjack and manage to solo the 1st mission node, at least, I've been soloing Railjack  missions on my own... And surprisingly for a content that's "not for solo players yet", its actually really easy to solo.

So, like Aldain said, even though you're right and its a problem, you have ways to avoid the nail. Stepping on the nail and then complaining about the result isn't going to get you anywhere but the Circus.

I can make up metaphors as well to explain how I observe things:
A pothole opens up in the road so instead of fixing the hole just set up a diversion, all because YOU don't see or deal with it that must mean it doesn't exist.

29 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

I did this kind of things. And I did it because I was fully bugged. Black screen, loss of control, being stuck in invisible railjack walls, getting stuck in slingshot with no way of clicking anywhere... It happens. Sometimes, even the chat is deactivated. Should I alt-f4 and lose my 45 mn loot ? Certainly not. If you are always Host, you may not know. But playing as a client in railjack isn't always about afk or not, it's about either you can play, or not.

If you've read anything you'd know I'm not calling out those kinds of people. However if you've been there for 5-10 minutes does that mean you should stick around for the next 30minutes doing nothing?? No, you're a scumbag if you think you have a right to that. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

A pothole opens up in the road so instead of fixing the hole just set up a diversion, all because YOU don't see or deal with it that must mean it doesn't exist.

... Can't do crap if we have no money, right? So, we go around it and avoid it...

... For someone that can also apply metaphors, you sure came up with a crappy one that can be easily justified with the lack of money... Mine was hardly as creative as yours, but had a better effect at explaining exactly what happened... You, however, are so frustrated that you've missed the part where I said

31 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... But no, right now you're just trying to victimize yourself using this situation as an excuse while disregarding any kind of solution and doing everything you can to remain in a state of self-victimization... But I'm not surprised, considering the section where this thread was created.

This is an Online game. As an Online game, like any other, you have leechers, dumbf***s, morons, idiots, lazy f***s and anything else you can think of. But among all those, there are people that actually give a sliver of a damn about it and suggest possible solutions to any given problem. Your insistence in victimizing yourself doesn't make you any better than the rest of all the bad apples that you've identified ever so brightly during your Railjack Public endeavor. It actually makes you worse than them.

Edited by Uhkretor