Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentient Ship : Beware lot's of people leaving missions in Veil

White_Matter

Had a poor experience today. Pre-formed a group but when we loaded the map one guy dropped from the team which is sadly a common bug. Because I forgot to switch to invite only the group was immediately filled with two randoms who headed straight for the anomaly. Since they had already started killing half of the map without me or most of the team being there I pulled out the hard way by aborting the mission. I hope they lost everything with the host migration.

Edited by Prexades

13 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

I guess (as mentioned) DE is going to have to switch all the drops from those enemies to "unidentified," and probably link the Anomaly to the main mission so that if it spawns you have to clear the mission to keep anything.

But since they're all on holiday break already, I guess that means it'll be next year before they do anything.

Yeah would be nice, also they should spawn a ton of enemies in front of the sentient ship if people go there without completing the objective before..

vor 1 Stunde schrieb EmberStar:

I guess (as mentioned) DE is going to have to switch all the drops from those enemies to "unidentified," and probably link the Anomaly to the main mission so that if it spawns you have to clear the mission to keep anything.

Hey, I have an even better idea. Dont lock the Sentient behind a timer? I mean they get it right with Fortuna (not perfect at all) after the nonsense on Plains with Day/Night Cycle. And they came up with the Idea to do this again. Its so disappointing. *sigh* If they dont want it to be farmed 24/7 and flood the market just put in a hard cap for looting. You're only allowed to gain it x times a day.

Edited by ValinorAtani
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Thando said:

One would have thought they had learned that lesson by now. 

The harder they twist that RNG knob, the harder people will look for shortcuts. 

They could just play the Conculyst/War trick. Always spawn the ship, but Shedu parts have a 0.5% drop chance. That'd be turning the RNG knob up to maximum and it would keep everyone in the mission until at least they killed those sentients.

57 minutes ago, ValinorAtani said:

Hey, I have an even better idea. Dont lock the Sentient behind a timer? I mean they get it right with Fortuna (not perfect at all) after the nonsense on Plains with Day/Night Cycle. And they came up with the Idea to do this again. Its so disappointing. *sigh* If they dont want it to be farmed 24/7 and flood the market just put in a hard cap for looting. You're only allowed to gain it x times a day.

Come to think of it, Sentient Ship is the most "DE" thing De has ever done.

Think about all the obnoxious things about farming. Time gate, RNG, excessive grind. That thing has it all. Lmao.

Edited by White_Matter
  • Like 1

Easiest solution for DE is.

Lock access to the sentient ship until all other objectives on the map are done, since those objectives need to be cleared eitherway in the end.

There, no one can scrub it. They can even add the same to missions that have the assassination objective, that way no one can scrub their way to those BPs either.

There is one simple solution:

Have the ship spawn when all primary objectives (including all fighers and crewships) are completed, during it's 30 min window and 2h:45m interval. You will fix two things, people don't leave, and people are corrected back to ther mindset that wf is a game with a friendly HELPFUL community, and that being selfish is not encouraged.

9 hours ago, EmberStar said:

So apparently the problem is that the Sentient drops are visible, *and* the Anomaly isn't actually connected to the other mission objectives?  So people are free to join, loot the ship and then bail.  Even if they get the part they want, it looks like they aren't actually required to stay and finish the rest of the mission?  I'm just curious.

The Anomaly is part of the Mission so if you complete the Skirmish, you keep the Parts.

23 minutes ago, Ambiroa said:

@SneakyErvin sorry didn't see your reply, I'm so pissed on this as well that I just insta-clicked on reply after reading the OP.

Well, the idea deserves to be repeated, so it is good you posted it aswell.

I honestly cannot think of a better solution that would likely also be fairly pain free for the dev team to solve.

I don't see an issue. Shedu is in demand. You go into the sentient ship knowing you're going to farm it. It only happens every three hours, for a half hour, so it's a pretty cut and dry situation. If you don't want to run into the farms, don't run the node while the ship is active.

• Like 1

Everyone does this now because the ship is only around for 30 minutes. There are plenty of other nodes you can do missions on. The ship location is not the location for the mission, but for parts / ephemera. All you're doing is clogging up the mission for those people looking purely for parts. "IN A NODE" that only exists for 30 minutes. I'm sure You, "A Legend" can handle 30 minutes in a seperate node. Otherwise, join everyone else. We chain join missions when parts are not gathered to make use of what little time we have.

TLDR:

Ship Node: Parts are primary, mission is secondary

Ship: Only around for 30 minutes every 2-3 hours

You: If you don't want people to leave constantly, don't do missions in that node for 30 minutes. There are plenty of options available. Don't be a jerk.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, White_Matter said:

Come to think of it, Sentient Ship is the most "DE" thing De has ever done.

Think about all the obnoxious things about farming. Time gate, RNG, excessive grind. That thing has it all. Lmao.

The idea as always is for this to be a long-term goal. it's something to do when you see it pop up and over time you gradually collect this cool new thing.

Que the locusts just frothing at the mouth at the idea of flogging parts for plat before they inevitably crash the price by doing the very thing they're doing.

I don't envy DE the job of trying to create a loot system which satisfies casuals while keeping locusts from stuffing themselves to the point of burnout.

What is funny to me is that torturing yourself (and unlucky others in pubs) right now with Shedu farm is completely pointless, since once the New War hits, it will become common and easy enough to get (and trust me, plenty of idiot people will come to forums and complain how their "prior time investment is cheapened because everyone can get it now").

The bane of people most of the time is their complete lack of patience, it's like some of them never grew out of being 12 year old (but I want it NOOOOOOOOW!!!!).

• Like 1

Sentient Ship should be Additional separate node that has actual real visible timer like in plains  for night and with its own sentient theme objectives before u gain access to ship itself. But mission should take like max 15min with good railjack.

Drop rates are ok it seems. And ye rewards shouldnt be shown right away. Ruins gameplay.

• 2 weeks later...

A kick button is needed for people like this. I'm sick of taking people for their first experience of the ship for it to be ruined by people doing this. Or at least make it so the ship cant be completed until everything else has been done. I'd still prefer a kick button for all missions though lol. 

On 2019-12-23 at 12:34 PM, Prexades said:

Had a poor experience today. [...] two randoms who headed straight for the anomaly. [...] I pulled out the hard way by aborting the mission. I hope they lost everything with the host migration.

Obviously people go to the ship to farm the ship. If you host a ship mission and get mad at people for going straight to the ship, the issue lies with you.

The reason people abandon this mission is because of faulty design by DE.

People don't know when exactly the ship appears, so they have to waste time waiting. People are sick of Railjack, but they are forced to kill 90 fighters and 6 crewships for a chance at a rare drop. They have already been forced to kill 90 fighters and 6 crewships over and over for a chance at a Vidar Reactor. And they had to kill 90 fighters and 6 crewships many, many times for the chance to get Void Hole. And many didn't even get anything at all!

People are so sick of Railjack missions that they don't even complete them for Intrinsics anymore. Instead they do the tedious and boring stealth farm and abandon that mission as well.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Obviously people go to the ship to farm the ship. If you host a ship mission and get mad at people for going straight to the ship, the issue lies with you.

People don't know when exactly the ship appears, so they have to waste time waiting. People are sick of Railjack, but they are forced to kill 90 fighters and 6 crewships for a chance at a rare drop. They have already been forced to kill 90 fighters and 6 crewships over and over for a chance at a Vidar Reactor. And they had to kill 90 fighters and 6 crewships many, many times for the chance to get Void Hole. And many didn't even get anything at all!

People are so sick of Railjack missions that they don't even complete them for Intrinsics anymore. Instead they do the tedious and boring stealth farm and abandon that mission as well.

That has nothing to do with why people quit..... make a new thread to ramble on about how you hate Railjack.

they quit because ship is there 1/2 an hour. Go in get nothing you can quit and try again and again and again.... Finish the mission you can’t ships gone.

I think by now even the posters of this thread get it and don’t care anymore about quitting on this mission. It only really mattered when the shedu was selling for 500-600p on an extremely easy grind.

On 2020-01-04 at 11:25 AM, Traumtulpe said:

If people are selfish enough to only want to farm the ship, they should do it solo on invite only with 3 others doing the same, instead of ruining the entire experience for people on their first time. 

On 2019-12-23 at 1:02 AM, Thando said:

One would have thought they had learned that lesson by now. 

The harder they twist that RNG knob, the harder people will look for shortcuts. 

Exactly this. Locked behind a timer? How more below can DE get.

• Like 1