Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenebrous Ephemera [Outdated]

Lullypumpsie

Hi, its me, the guy who droped it.

I get all the frustration , that the rng is S#&$, that its so #*!%ing rare.
But lets thing about it differently.
If it was something you just get, if it was easy, if there was a timer on it, it wouldn't be exclusive. Can you get it on your first try? Yes, but you guys know how hard id be. And you guys are already bragging how much you'v spend on the grind. I think it actually might be cool to have those exclusive item that are so rare, that when you see someone who has it you'r like "OMG YOU HAVE IT YOU'R SO LUCKY IV SPEND YEARS ON FARMING IT AND I STILL HAVEN'T GOT ONE"
I guess what i mean by it is that you don't have to have every item that exist in warframe. And if you rly like the ephemera you are willing to spend those thousand of hours looking for it. As long as they don't make it a legacy item, you'r fine. You don't have to have everything on day one. (And MK III components are another topic and i think it be nice to see some improvement in those)

Also feel free to hit me up in game and if I'm available I will link you the ephemera and answer some interesting questions (and I do mean interesting, don't ask for the millionth time where did I got it, its a public information)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Landaros said:

If it was something you just get, if it was easy, if there was a timer on it, it wouldn't be exclusive. Can you get it on your first try? Yes, but you guys know how hard id be. And you guys are already bragging how much you'v spend on the grind. I think it actually might be cool to have those exclusive item that are so rare

I don't agree.

Warframe has never been that game. If it becomes that game, i will probably stop playing it. Warframe's main appeal, for me, was its ease of access and allowance to obtain everything through hardwork, and then experiment with a toolbox of tools and items. The game encourages completionism. The devs have purposefully structured the game for people to "collect it all". To all of a sudden say okay well now you have a 0.000001% chance to get an item because we want it to be rare is a kick in the nuts. It also encourages people to speed run exploit where they dont even participate in the mission. It creates burnout, frustration, and a bad feeling for 999/1000 players. Really happy that you are happy, but for every one of you, there are 999 of me.

DE already said they were gonna look at ESO because of 1% blazing step, and then they do this.

You having what I consider the rarest item in the game, coming in the thread saying that it'd be cool to have items that are rare...  well... Forgive me if I say there's a clear bias.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Warframe's main appeal, for me, was its ease of access and allowance to obtain everything through hardwork, and then experiment with a toolbox of tools and items. The game encourages completionism. The devs have purposefully structured the game for people to "collect it all".

You having what I consider the rarest item in the game, coming in the thread saying that it'd be cool to have items that are rare...  well... Forgive me if I say there's a clear bias.

I most likely have bias for it, but i feel rly cool for having something that (almost) no one else has. And its not like wf ever was a game were you could get EVERYTHING. Excal prime access will never be available again (and for a good reason) , Lato and Braton vandal were only introduced with ESO and after some time, and those weren't available since beta. Primed chamber is still not available. And those are the things that actual influence gameplay (alto on a small scale). Cosmetic items, such a Tenogen, Prime accessories, Event and legacy cosmetics (looking at you arcane helmets and Sekhara's). Saying that Wf is a game were you can get it all with hard work is simply incorrect. Especial that this item is only this rare because railjack haven't been out so long.

10 hours ago, Landaros said:

Hi, its me, the guy who droped it.

I get all the frustration , that the rng is S#&$, that its so #*!%ing rare.
But lets thing about it differently.
If it was something you just get, if it was easy, if there was a timer on it, it wouldn't be exclusive. Can you get it on your first try? Yes, but you guys know how hard id be. And you guys are already bragging how much you'v spend on the grind. I think it actually might be cool to have those exclusive item that are so rare, that when you see someone who has it you'r like "OMG YOU HAVE IT YOU'R SO LUCKY IV SPEND YEARS ON FARMING IT AND I STILL HAVEN'T GOT ONE"
I guess what i mean by it is that you don't have to have every item that exist in warframe. And if you rly like the ephemera you are willing to spend those thousand of hours looking for it. As long as they don't make it a legacy item, you'r fine. You don't have to have everything on day one. (And MK III components are another topic and i think it be nice to see some improvement in those)

Also feel free to hit me up in game and if I'm available I will link you the ephemera and answer some interesting questions (and I do mean interesting, don't ask for the millionth time where did I got it, its a public information)

Who cares about exclusivity? DE have been actively working away from that mindset for years because it's just toxic and unhealthy and benefits effectively nobody by fanning some malformed videogame egoism. If people need a reward to be hyper exclusive to feel good about it they need to step away from what they're doing and work on why they need that kind outward validation so much, not be humored for it. Giving people options is good, allowing them to work towards those options in reasonable pathways is good, throwing an item behind a high tier rng system like some lottery reward is not, especially with things of very explicit effect visual or mechanical. 

Frankly I can't fully speak to just how rare this item is yet, the apparent lack of anyone else acquiring this item gives me pause but that could just be people not being vocal about it, and without actual spawn/drop rates for these items I can't concretely say if this breaks the line past reasonable or not. But a state of extreme rng based rarity just has no reason to exist and is by no means fine, at least to me, and that is presently looking like how this situation may be, with a reward even rarer than the previously railed against notably rare ephemeras, and that is only available in a rotating time slot of very limited control. 

Edit: That said, to a more on topic statement, has any ever found one of these rare crates inside the hidden rooms/amp walls? Because as of now I feel like the pattern for the crates seems entirely in open areas only. 

Edited by Cubewano

21 hours ago, Midas said:

20191224150438_1.jpg?width=2427&height=1

20191224150434_1.jpg?width=2427&height=1

20191224150846_1.jpg?width=2427&height=120191224151106_1.jpg?width=2427&height=1

Little chit chat with the lottery winner.

I can see some bugging on the operator + I have discovered that

It drops in the form of a blueprint like a lich ephemera.

It is not tradeable.

The description "Walk wreath in sentient unlight"

I have discovered that the colors also do not change,

this may be because Tenebrae means dark in latin.

So people want to PHYTE over a an Ephemera that makes you look like Peanut’s Pigpen without his blanket or a coal miner?

Lolol...Can’t wait for the “Solstice Ephemera”. 😇

Guys... ok, the item is really rare, but someone has thinked about the next update?

Probably the sentient tyleset will become part of the game in the future (not only in form of a 30 minute map but in form a real set of map). At the point it will become easy to find 😃

15 hours ago, Skaleek said:

I don't agree.

Warframe has never been that game. If it becomes that game, i will probably stop playing it. Warframe's main appeal, for me, was its ease of access and allowance to obtain everything through hardwork, and then experiment with a toolbox of tools and items. The game encourages completionism. The devs have purposefully structured the game for people to "collect it all". To all of a sudden say okay well now you have a 0.000001% chance to get an item because we want it to be rare is a kick in the nuts. It also encourages people to speed run exploit where they dont even participate in the mission. It creates burnout, frustration, and a bad feeling for 999/1000 players. Really happy that you are happy, but for every one of you, there are 999 of me.

DE already said they were gonna look at ESO because of 1% blazing step, and then they do this.

Wolololol... they really want to touch the ESO ephemera? If what you say is true you give me a merry christmas! Cause my over 726472657926579346574365436 run have lead me to think it don't exist 😃

PS: I also love your point of view in the first 2 lines of what u wrote

Edited by MollAgdeduba

hace 16 horas, Landaros dijo:

I guess what i mean by it is that you don't have to have every item that exist in warframe.

so, you basically saying "i get the rare item, so i want that it keeps that way"

1 hour ago, GPrime96 said:

Shedu's explosion when it runs out of Ammo helps with that.

The whole point of us going is for the Shedu 😂. We don’t have it yet. 2/4 parts but RNG isn’t being so kind to us.

And I have paralysis which is helpful. Still, those glitches should be fixed as it’s frustrating if you find yourself without any source of aoe.

1 час назад, GPrime96 сказал:

I found the red winged Chest. I got a Captura Scene plus Resources from it but no Ephemera. It's a cool looking chest even though it dosen't glow and make noise. 

Can you describe the place where you found this or give a screenshot pls? 

43 minutes ago, Lollipumpsie said:

Can you describe the place where you found this or give a screenshot pls? 

I found it behind one of the Walls you need to break as Operator. The glitched Walls corpusbonds was talking about is a similar Area where i found it while being in one of the Big Rooms with black liquid all around. This is the only Screenshot i took after breaking open the Crate:

jBj5yi5.png

Edited by GPrime96

i found a yellow crate near some staircases, at plain sight, i was about to scan it but i pressed the wrong button and accidentally destroyed the thing so i don't have a screenshot, i got the Sentient Altar Scene from it.

i went back i took a screenshot of the place

HP26An2.jpg

Edited by enemystand

В 26.12.2019 в 00:32, GPrime96 сказал:

I found it behind one of the Walls you need to break as Operator. The glitched Walls corpusbonds was talking about is a similar Area where i found it while being in one of the Big Rooms with black liquid all around. This is the only Screenshot i took after breaking open the Crate:

Ok, thank u.

Edited by Lollipumpsie