Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seriously why cant we grind for Tennogen skins

7 minutes ago, Scruffel said:

What token system?
Unless you're referring to your Steam wallet being "tokens", then sure, there is one.

That's pretty much it - I earn tokens from the Employer NPC, which I can spend on Tennogen. 

(and in fact, the real reason I'm fine with it is that artists deserve real money for their work - which paying with plat or grinding in game is most definitely not)

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

I have quite a lot of tennogen stuff myself. Having said that, for me is more an annoyance because i don't have steam on the pc i play on.

I just don't see the "if we sell tennogen creators cannot get paid". Excuse me, but that doesn't make any sense. You buy platinum with real money. DE can still give money to the creators for every sale. Hell, it's even better for them since they don't have to pay steam that way. I just don't see it. Sure the initial rush will agitate the market but, It is a market and it will balance itself.

The only reason i can think of DE doing this is that they have some kind of deal with Valve.

2 hours ago, 24ANGELS said:

I just don't see the "if we sell tennogen creators cannot get paid". Excuse me, but that doesn't make any sense. You buy platinum with real money. DE can still give money to the creators for every sale.

Not all platinum is bought. You can win free plat from various giveaways. What if someone uses free plat then? Should DE just hand out money out of their pocket? You can also get discount of platinum, and you can mix discounted platinum, with platinum from packs, with platinum from giveaways, with regular price platinum, what then? If DE calculates how much the plat purchase was worth in actual money, then it is completely random how much money the creator gets for the sale. If you get unlucky, someone with a 1000 regular plat and 200 free plat might end up spending only the free plat on your skin so you get nothing. Or they've spent only the discounted plat so you get possibly 75% less money than for regular plat sale.

Besides, there are contracts in place with Steam. DE can't just start selling Tennogen for plat on PC or they will get sued

• Like 1

hace 1 hora, markus230 dijo:

What if someone uses free plat then?

If I understand correctly, this free plat is not usable on products that need tradeable plat, like TennoGen since they are made by players. Yes, usable first if buying general stuff but not if you want to trade or gift.

I can't say anything to everything else here since I don't know how this tennogen works, haven't read the contract on steam

1 hour ago, Echoes said:

If I understand correctly, this free plat is not usable on products that need tradeable plat, like TennoGen since they are made by players. Yes, usable first if buying general stuff but not if you want to trade or gift.

By free plat we dont mean the 50plat we can get when we a start a new account.

By free plat we mean platinum aquired via trading. You dont need to spend money if You Are the receiving end. Effectively, tennogen is "free" for you. Which is what causes the conflict of interest. DE will still allow some skins upon permission of the original creators, i believe. 

hace 3 horas, Aadi880 dijo:

By free plat we dont mean the 50plat we can get when we a start a new account.

By free plat we mean platinum aquired via trading. You dont need to spend money if You Are the receiving end. Effectively, tennogen is "free" for you. Which is what causes the conflict of interest. DE will still allow some skins upon permission of the original creators, i believe. 

Those first 50 plat are free plat, yeah, but the plat acquired via trading is not free plat, and the game does split them when you want to trade.

The free plat is the plat obtained via giveaways on streams like winning a PA or something.

They should raise the Platinum price for TennoGen on console, as apparently we've ungrateful players who don't think people should be paid for their work.

You can farm like a few Prime sets or other rare drops - I made 2K plat since I started selling my inventory of things I didn't need the past month - I actually spent the majority on TennoGen and two Deluxe Bundles.

• Like 1

Tennogen stuff that is old like 3-5 seasons ago and older.That stuff should be implemented into the market.If you want the latest and greatest then ya pay for it.Otherwise why let the old stuff just rot and not be enjoyed by the masses.If anything contact artist requesting release.Contact them and they give the go ahead great more of the masses enjoy their work and might encourage someone to go and spend $ on the newer stuff.

Edited by Viceous

On 2020-01-05 at 3:51 PM, (PS4)EatmyAci3 said:

Its Stupid that you can grind for hours getting plat so that you can start a new nice fashion frame but all the skins are locked behind a pay wall so even though you have enough plat to buy the item guess what you cant because it needs to be bought with real money. So even though it was promised everything is free you just need to work hard enough that promise was broke and it ruined fashion framing for me 

If you think I'm going to spend hours and hours on third party contract work for you for free, you're not terribly bright.

Edited by -Kittens-
  • Like 3

1. Why should creators not get paid for the work that they more than likely spent hours/days/weeks on.
2. It's steam workshop, more than likely it's required to have it payable by actual money than the game's premium currency
3. It's much more simple to have it be real money than plat for calculating the cut the DE, steam and the creator gets.
4. You're on fking PS4 you don't have this issue.

• Like 2

On 2020-01-21 at 2:59 PM, Viceous said:

Tennogen stuff that is old like 3-5 seasons ago and older.That stuff should be implemented into the market.If you want the latest and greatest then ya pay for it.Otherwise why let the old stuff just rot and not be enjoyed by the masses.If anything contact artist requesting release.Contact them and they give the go ahead great more of the masses enjoy their work and might encourage someone to go and spend $ on the newer stuff.

Why?  There is old tennogen stuff that is quite desirable because it looks good.  Artists get paid just like everyone else, they aren't going to do S#&$ for exposure because, frankly, exposure is meaningless.  Go and try to buy food or pay rent with exposure.  Oh right it doesn't work that way.  

• 3 weeks later...
Am 8.1.2020 um 00:18 schrieb NigglesAU:

I havent looked but is there an option for skin creators to make their skin actually free or offer it as free ? 

Limited time TennoGen Vouchers to get a skin of choice for free?

I am all in.

Edited by NoSpax

I agree with the OP. I think we should be able to use Plat for anything. It is after all bought with real money. They aren't losing anything. It still goes in their budget to pay the WELL DESERVING creators. Consoles from what I hear can do this. If this is the case why are PC players alienated from this practice. I really think the DE's should answer this.

The in game purchases mess up every time (for me at least). I try and buy something and then I get a 404 not found error. Then my money is in limbo. This goes for buying plat from your orbiter too.

I think Ephemeras should be tradeable on the Market as well. Hell everything should except for Quest Items.

Edited by SPEKTRE76

4 hours ago, SPEKTRE76 said:

I agree with the OP. I think we should be able to use Plat for anything. It is after all bought with real money. They aren't losing anything. It still goes in their budget to pay the WELL DESERVING creators. Consoles from what I hear can do this. If this is the case why are PC players alienated from this practice. I really think the DE's should answer this.

So how does Steam get their pay? That's the main reason why we have to buy it through our Wallet, it's basically a direct payment for them as they host the Workshop. But if we were to switch that to Plat, how would that work? Cause in that case, you could only buy TennoGen with Plat purchased through Steam. And sure, DE could give a fraction of what Plat is sold for TennoGen, but that's why we directly purchase it. There's no need for additional contracts. What about people trading with others? I'd imagine some people would want the Steam Plat for TennoGen, and if someone doesn't have it, what's the point of trading with them?

The reason why it can be done on Console is because you're already paying the console provider with the store purchase of Plat. Basically any TennoGen purchases are already paid for them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, XideBeast said:

Just a simple answer for this. NO, a BIGGG NO. They worked hard to give us these skins and they have the rights to get the profits. if you want to achieve Fashion Frame then pay or grind whatever available in PLat

What about the ones they sell on consoles for Plat? It's already happening. And how would it stop them from getting paid again?