Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I sorta "buy warframe"?

OrSpeeder

Although I dont't like the F2P model, I prefer it to pure subscription.

Still, a bunch of F2P games, I liked so much I decided to buy stuff... except those games all offered something solid for purchase, but I am not finding anything similar in Warframe, seemly the only things for sale are platinum, that is crazy expensive (for example a colour palette is the cost of a indie game in my country), or "prime access" that seeemly all it do is let you buy a pack of 3 warframes... for the price of 4 or five AAA games in my country...

There is no cool product I can buy that make me a kinda "warframe owner" of sorts? For example: There is a F2P game where any purchase made you into a "VIP", so you would get some extra stuff.

Another game where I "bought" it, sold, more or less cheaply, some unique stuff (think something similar to Excalibur Prime), it wasn't OP, and wasn't pay to win, but it was useful, and you could be happy you helped support the devs with a purchase.

So, do warframe offer anything similar to that? Something that is obviously NOT a subscription? (for example I consider prime access and platinum purchases, quasi-subscription, since you would have to keep purchasing them repeateadly to get the same things over time).

• Like 2

No entry fee, meaning no door ticket stub to show off. However Prime Access allows players to be, "the first to have the best new stuff." All of these transactions go to help the staff and community grow. If you always want to show your support, and get a reward to show it off, both that and cosmetics (and boosters I suppose) all quality to some extent..

It's not a physical copy or a limited edition poster for pre-order, ;but they also kinda can't offer that... because the game isn't done. o_O

The best way to show your support is being a super cool dude to the community, paying outright for the stuff that you appreciate that DE developed, and gettin' comfy. Let's put it this way, if the game was a subscription service, I wouldn't be here, nor would many others.. and it's through DE's generosity that they don't take every advantage possible to take people's money for the sake of novelty.

• Like 2

No.

Warframes model is made to be as close to 'nothing is exclusively cash' as it can be.  There are exceptions to this, but most all of which are cosmetic only (Tennogen being the biggest example).

Otherwise, Warframe is a looter, 99.9% of the game is about earning the items you want to use.  That being said, if you want to 'buy warframe' you're talking about buying everything you want to use instead of earning it in game.  As far as VIP goes, there are booster items (which is one of the most common VIP items in most games) that give you increased loot/exp.  Again though, you can get these things with plat, which can be traded for.

tl;dr

Technically you can 'buy warframe' (get plat, trade ALOT).  Practically you can't.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, OrSpeeder said:

There is a F2P game where any purchase made you into a "VIP", so you would get some extra stuff.

In which 98% are browser games, and 90% of those are from Nutaku alone.

No, you can buy specific cosmetics and items that exist solely for paying customers that exist only in Prime Access. So~, if a color palette costs the same as an indie game in your country, you should probably consider what indie games in your country really offer when compared to what DE offers...

I mean, paying the equivalent of 75 platinum for an indie game just to pay 10x or 20x more for VIP benefits, which has hundreds of servers in which 3 servers open per week and VIP benefits are server bound instead of account bound, seems a lot worse than buying a color palette in Warframe.

• Like 1

I mean there are a few players sitting on thousands or more plat who haven't spent a dime on the game.

Warframe is a "Time vs. Money" pay model, also cosmetics which will drain the wallet of many people with poor impulse control.

As long as you can resist the urge to whip out the plastic and just trade things on the player market for plat you can play the game 100% free.

the closest things would be buying Boosters, but that is a recurring purchase so doesn't fit your target model.

so the answer is no.
but it's also no because there is literally nothing to do in Warframe other than collect stuff. so you could buy all of the things in the game (or 99% of them atleast), and that would be the closest to 'owning' the game you could be i guess.
but again there's also nothing to do in Warframe other than to collect things and put them on a shelf.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb zehne:

No.

Warframes model is made to be as close to 'nothing is exclusively cash' as it can be.  There are exceptions to this, but most all of which are cosmetic only (Tennogen being the biggest example).

Otherwise, Warframe is a looter, 99.9% of the game is about earning the items you want to use.  That being said, if you want to 'buy warframe' you're talking about buying everything you want to use instead of earning it in game.  As far as VIP goes, there are booster items (which is one of the most common VIP items in most games) that give you increased loot/exp.  Again though, you can get these things with plat, which can be traded for.

tl;dr

Technically you can 'buy warframe' (get plat, trade ALOT).  Practically you can't.

for year it could be not enough. i started in 2013 and i needed a lot of plat. for warframe/weapons slots for example. and without boosters it is very slow for hardcore players.

there are guides for farming plat. it is much easier now. for example i made 20k in 2015 before 5 years break and i had to sit in trade chat. but now you can list your best items on the website and play the game.

so i suggest to buy 2-4k plat. this will help you a lot at the beginning. (and you support devs. this is very important)

as mr 27 (almost 28) with 96% of the arsenal in hands, playing since 5 years ago, but not so much in cosmetics, i can say: its possible to play without spending real money, only time

there's some tips if you decide to go an bit further here: 
- you can always ask for help in some minor things, like getting basic mods of the game in-game, someone can give you an basic set when you get the minimal mastery (2) to unlock the trade system... but don't do it too much like asking for full leveled Amalgam Serration
- make sure that you know how to trade to earn your platinum, like searching for things that the other would buy for said premium currency, like spare prime parts, some newly arrived stuff (Ivara prime's access parts, like baza, aksomati and herself, Pennant blueprint...)... but remember: your starting platinum can't be used as currency on trade, only paid ones
- attempt to investigate where your future arsenal and mods can be found (wikia and guides will help you an lot) and pick certain weapons and warframes that has high potential early game (example: mr 4 shotgun Hek with mod Scattered Justice from Steel meridian, this mod can be bought for at most 10~15 pl) before deciding for your next favorite one [don't worry, you can rebuild them later]
- complete the quest and the planets to unlock new features, like the access to fissure (which you can use to gain some prime part components), allow to use extractor to earn some resources passively and to unlock the access to all resources that you need to craft almost everything (probably its between Jupiter with neural sensors and Saturn/Derelict with Nano spores)
- since the forge of the game have unlimited capacity, but you can only hold certain amount of items before spending platinum on warframe and weapon slots, you should turn on the heat and keep your equipment "ready to claim" there whenever you can, since this can save you some time

and last and foremost: play... at your leisure, instead of forcing to earn everything at once
warframe isn't an competitive game that you are competing against others, but more like what you can build over time: being in arsenal, appereances, knowledge of the history and story of the game and people that you meet on the way
even stopping to play and coming back few months later is okay, but don't play like this an chore

Nothing that would really set you apart.

The only real exclusive is no longer obtainable , the others come and go with vaultings (prime access cosmetics) which can only be purchased with real money.

Although even i feel the PA is a little on the " not worth the cash " section you could just buy the exclusive cosmetics for a little less (still not worth it according to me)

People are missing my point...

I want to know if I can buy something (ie: I am not asking how to play for free), that is useful, but not too expensive, and not "subscriptiony"

So for example: all offers that offer boosters that last a limited time, are not interesting.

But a pack with some mods would be interesting for example, IF they were not crazy expensive (currently mods are offered if you buy the most expensive options when buying platinum, but those are REALLY, REALLY expensive).

The "starter" pack for example is ALMOST good, my problem with it is that it is too expensive, partially beacuse it has boosters in it... if they removed boosters AND removed the price of the boosters from the price, it would look more interesting.

You can buy a skin. E.g. Harka if you play Frost. It costs about half of platinum that comes with starter pack i think (don't trust my word), and if i'm not mistaken, it can not be obtained in-game as a drop, you has to buy it (with platinum). There are other skins too.

Is it useful? I don't know, in Harka set there is a skin for swords too, but i don't own skins, so you'll have to see for yourself.

Check out the market in your orbiter, i think all stuff is there.

On 2020-01-16 at 8:19 PM, OrSpeeder said:

Although I dont't like the F2P model, I prefer it to pure subscription.

Still, a bunch of F2P games, I liked so much I decided to buy stuff... except those games all offered something solid for purchase, but I am not finding anything similar in Warframe, seemly the only things for sale are platinum, that is crazy expensive (for example a colour palette is the cost of a indie game in my country), or "prime access" that seeemly all it do is let you buy a pack of 3 warframes... for the price of 4 or five AAA games in my country...

There is no cool product I can buy that make me a kinda "warframe owner" of sorts? For example: There is a F2P game where any purchase made you into a "VIP", so you would get some extra stuff.

Another game where I "bought" it, sold, more or less cheaply, some unique stuff (think something similar to Excalibur Prime), it wasn't OP, and wasn't pay to win, but it was useful, and you could be happy you helped support the devs with a purchase.

So, do warframe offer anything similar to that? Something that is obviously NOT a subscription? (for example I consider prime access and platinum purchases, quasi-subscription, since you would have to keep purchasing them repeateadly to get the same things over time).

As many have stated, the closest thing to "exclusive" is the Prime Access and Prime Vault, as Prime Access and Prime Vault gives you 2 exclusive profile pics of the Warframe they are selling you for buying it, and, eventually, a Prime Noggle of the same, while the Prime Access and Prime Vault Cosmetic Packs brings whit it Prime Cosmetics that you can only get by paying, just like the Glyphs and the Noggle.

So, no, there isnt any service or p2w system in WF that would exactly make the game easier (there are boosters to make your grind faster though), as all weapons and mods can be either farmed or traded for platinum, which you can get by selling items to other players.

If you wish to donate to DE because you like the game, then either buy some platinum for the sake of supporting DE or check out their merchandise store, there are some cool statuettes there, or, wait for them to release your favorite Warframe as a Prime and buy it then.