Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A disabled warframe

BaylenHay

4 hours ago, Helch0rn said:

people wanted a fat frame to feel represented and what did DE add?

a fat frame whose power is to eat people and roll around

I highly doubt that was the reason for Grendel.

Looking at the frames we have they all represent some kind of theme or culture. 

I say go for it. But, as all warframes, or almost all, it has to take from something global, or common enough for everyone. 

It could be another emotion frame, Valkyr for anger, Garuda for apathy, this guy for hope (making him a buffing frame) 

Or he could take from the Grimm brothers' books, be a warframe akin to Pestilence (one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse). Another take on Nidus, or Saryn. 

What level of disability are you thinking about? 

14 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

sorry, but while the intentions of appealing to the less able bodied are certainly in the right place, this is never going to happen. besides, we already have what you're looking for:

- Wisp has no feet. lucky she can float, or she'd need a wheelchair.

- Grendel Clearly has some kind of eating disorder.

- Harrow's Operator Rell literally had Autism.

- Nidus looks like he has some kind of terrible skin affliction.

see? plenty differently-abled characters in the Warframe universe for all your Politically Correct needs!

I mean you could even go as far as to say Valkyr is Bi-polar.

But seriously all of our operators are broken in one way or another.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

I highly doubt that was the reason for Grendel.

Looking at the frames we have they all represent some kind of theme or culture. 

3 hours ago, Corvid said:

Aye. Grendel's design is based on an Oni or Ogre.

I know he is based on an Oni but where does it state that Onis are obese?

I would hazard a guess that an obese person would not be obese for long if they kept running, jumping and fighting day in and out

case in point:

Street Fighter 4 has a hidden boss that is also based on the Oni theme and that guy is swole to the max

latest?cb=20170331234011

Dead by Daylight also has an enemy based on Onis. Still not fat

d02027ae-a345-4984-870a-0e17c3066518.png

Edited by Helch0rn

Image result for charles xavier

lets get a handicapped esp frame ....wait thats nyx... all joking aside ...(yes i was joking)

the cater to every whim /desire is a bit much, no there should not be a disabled frame as it serves no Tactical purpose other then maybe cannon fodder or meat shield (im being honest, war is brutal)  the time it takes the meatball, leg/armles person to gain their appendages just makes them a liability for their team

now a frame that evolves or is more mecha based i could see, but in disabled limbs and such are a liability , also frames have a purpose or design 

as an example to a actual disabled or handicapped frame that could be implemented "in theory"

we could utilize one that has missing arms and grant them floating mecha hands , and they could control gravity or something to that effect?

1 minute ago, Helch0rn said:

Oni are Ogres

and Grendel was referred to as Oni warframe during his development

my point, that obese people wouldn't be obese for long if they were running, jumping and fighting every day, still stands

grendal is more like a sumo , fatty but underneath a lot of muscle 

but yea theme was oni/ogre, who were bulky but again muscly 

Image result for ogre

1 hour ago, Helch0rn said:

I know he is based on an Oni but where does it state that Onis are obese?

Does it have to explicitly state it somewhere?

Traditionally Ogre's are on the large size due to excessive eating of unwary travellers. This is pretty prevalent across most forms of Ogre, including the Japanese one.

Spoiler

Related image

There's one example. Another would be the One-Eyed Oni from Nioh, which is definitely on the round side.

Or this art, perhaps.

Spoiler

Image result for japanese ogre

An Ogre frame that, regardless of athletic prowess, physically eats enemies as part of it's abilities being fat (not even that fat) is thematically appropriate.

If you resist my logic, I'll have to bring Shrek into this.

Edited by DeMonkey
  • Like 2

I don't remember any campaign to make a body-positive frame. In this thread people talk as though it was some wave of pressure for inclusion, but I think it's more that DE just liked the, "chonky," meme and made fun mechanics as a result. The tertiary benefit of that is, I suppose, representation? Sumo Ogre Oni is a darn good boy regardless of what players project onto him.

Might be inclusive. But I keep thinking about all the less successful attempts at making warframes. We've seen Excalibur Umbra. Why wouldn't a warframes' legs get accidentally fused, or some other mutation?

I'm thinking about a K-drive based warframe. Or even one that uses a jetpack like the Corpus do in archwing and Jupiter missions. 

Or.. Just a limp, a hunched back?... Disability can take any form. A tengu monk warframe could be an interesting addition. Give him a hunchback, a bit of a hop/limp he'd be able to fit goblin, tengu and disability traits. 

On 2020-01-21 at 12:43 AM, DeMonkey said:

I want one too.

I've personally often wondered why the military don't develop 3 wheeled trucks, jeeps with potatos for engines or Tanks you can't see out of. There's an untapped niche there.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, or cracking up a real joke, I'm laughing so hard right now.