Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A disabled warframe

BaylenHay

Basically the main character is just made of prosthetics maybe with the center body being a humanoid. If you're going with that, then yeah he could start looking like a marionette doll with no connected joints. Maybe he can start looking more human throwing away the doll parts with abilties replacing it with growing flesh.

So...

Am I, like, the only one here that immediately thought of Aegon? From Marvel Contest of Champions?

For those who don't know, he's a warrior that lost his arm during a battle, but since he won the aforementioned Contest of Champions, he was given a belt that could manifest a phantom limb that can literally be whatever he wants it to be.

I feel like something like this could be really cool - the frame has one intact arm and a phantom one, and each one of the frame's abilities would make use of the phantom limb to do some cool stuff.

Maybe throw in that the Operator lost his/her arm and the frame was made as such to comfort them, I dunno, just a thought.

26 minutes ago, mac10smg--Toa_of_Green said:

So...

Am I, like, the only one here that immediately thought of Aegon? From Marvel Contest of Champions?

For those who don't know, he's a warrior that lost his arm during a battle, but since he won the aforementioned Contest of Champions, he was given a belt that could manifest a phantom limb that can literally be whatever he wants it to be.

I feel like something like this could be really cool - the frame has one intact arm and a phantom one, and each one of the frame's abilities would make use of the phantom limb to do some cool stuff.

Maybe throw in that the Operator lost his/her arm and the frame was made as such to comfort them, I dunno, just a thought.

That is so cool! What if their number 1 ability could cycle across multiple arm shapes and the rest of the moves would change depending on that arm type.

847.gif

How about a CRISPR frame? A teenage Tenno with no education decides to use CRISPR on a Warframe and give it super muscular strength and extra limbs for which to crush Grineer and Corpus skulls! Also, that Tenno makes the disabled Warframe no longer disabled.

EDIT: If you're curious, checkout "Unnatural Selection" on Netflix. Bone chilling that an oil tech with no formal biology education (though the guy is obviously very smart and worthy of such an education) could explore making glow-in-the-dark dogs. It apparently isn't very hard to edit genes...

Edited by nslay

On 2020-01-23 at 7:16 PM, DeMonkey said:

Does it have to explicitly state it somewhere?

Traditionally Ogre's are on the large size due to excessive eating of unwary travellers. This is pretty prevalent across most forms of Ogre, including the Japanese one.

Reveal hidden contents

Related image

There's one example. Another would be the One-Eyed Oni from Nioh, which is definitely on the round side.

Or this art, perhaps.

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for japanese ogre

An Ogre frame that, regardless of athletic prowess, physically eats enemies as part of it's abilities being fat (not even that fat) is thematically appropriate.

If you resist my logic, I'll have to bring Shrek into this.

Warframes, most of the time they are being used, are on a mission (you know running, jumping, beating people to pulp with oversized melee weapons).

When not in use they seem to be stored in cryostasis (given that you have to build barracks that contain cryopods in your clan to increase the clan size)

Basically Grendel (and all other frames) is either out there burning calories or he is a frozen chunk of meat.

Compare that to mythical Ogres.

I don't think Polyphemus (usually pictured as a pretty buff dude) was running all day and frozen when he was not hunting travellers. the same goes for other Ogres (including Shrek)

1 minute ago, Helch0rn said:

Basically Grendel (and all other frames) is either out there burning calories or he is a frozen chunk of meat.

If you want to get this technical, no, they're not burning calories. Frames don't eat, they have no calories to burn.

As for Grendel specifically, whatever he's "burning off" he's putting back on in spades given his abilities revolve around literally eating everything he can.

Ultimately however he's a Warframe that eats things and rolls around, these are design features not products of over eating and lack of exercise.

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

If you want to get this technical, no, they're not burning calories. Frames don't eat, they have no calories to burn.

no calories = no ATP = no muscle funtion = you have a chunk of dead, rotting meat

hurling a skin sack full of bones and muscles around consumes energy and unless the Orokin found a way to violate the laws of thermodynamics that won't change

As for Grendel specifically, whatever he's "burning off" he's putting back on in spades given his abilities revolve around literally eating everything he can.

How many of the enemies Grendel eats are actually digested and how many does he regurgitate? because digestion is essential to the caloric intake

also Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson eats like 5000 Calories a day (normal i s 2000-2500) and he certainly is not fat

The Rocks diet plan

Ultimately however he's a Warframe that eats things and rolls around, these are design features not products of over eating and lack of exercise.

of course DE can just "spacemagics" their way out of an actual explanation if someone (talking about myself here) wants an explanation on why someone is overweight when they do high intensity exercise all day, every day almost 100% of the time.

1 hour ago, Helch0rn said:

no calories = no ATP = no muscle funtion = you have a chunk of dead, rotting meat

hurling a skin sack full of bones and muscles around consumes energy and unless the Orokin found a way to violate the laws of thermodynamics that won't change

How many of the enemies Grendel eats are actually digested and how many does he regurgitate? because digestion is essential to the caloric intake

also Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson eats like 5000 Calories a day (normal i s 2000-2500) and he certainly is not fat

The Rocks diet plan

of course DE can just "spacemagics" their way out of an actual explanation if someone (talking about myself here) wants an explanation on why someone is overweight when they do high intensity exercise all day, every day almost 100% of the time.

Have you read Grendels lore?

1 hour ago, Helch0rn said:

The Rocks diet plan

Im sure an overweight person would feel fine being called an eater of worlds. Amirite? Grendel is an ogre and or based on the mythological lore of one one can see that From his lore

8 hours ago, Helch0rn said:

unless the Orokin found a way to violate the laws of thermodynamics that won't change

Guess they must have done, because last I checked my frame doesn't need to sneak off for a Granola bar between missions.

If he was eating people whole, he would be.

of course DE can just "spacemagics" their way out of an actual explanation

Absolutely, and they surely will as well because I absolutely guarantee you that zero thought went into exercise and weight loss when designing this game and the themes of frames.

5 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Guess they must have done, because last I checked my frame doesn't need to sneak off for a Granola bar between missions.

If he was eating people whole, he would be.

Absolutely, and they surely will as well because I absolutely guarantee you that zero thought went into exercise and weight loss when designing this game and the themes of frames.

I think he's just monkeyin around with you 

On 2020-01-20 at 3:21 PM, BaylenHay said:

I want a warframe that is disabled.

Maybe as they progress through fighting they regain their limbs or whatever.

Start out with like some cybernetic attachment and then with their powers they can gain extra abilities.

I dont know seems like a warframe they havent done yet.

What do you all think... I hope you understand where I am coming from.

Considering what the Warframes are and were used for, this makes no sense. 

A physically disabled Operator though, that could be interesting.  

This is my first idea that I'm remotely satisfied with so far. It works better in defense, survival and mobile defense, where you don't need to move around much

Able the cripple

All stats are at Rank 30

Health 250

Shields 300

Energy 250

Sprint speed 0.80

Passive:
While immoble, gain 50% damage resistance. Resistance fades away over the course of 3 seconds (36% DR on first second, 25% on second and 12% on third) 

1 Still Strike: teleport to pointed location (works like Loki's decoy), making it appear on the ground every time. Simple click will just teleport you and cause an AOE blast proc. Charge it to cause an implosion in the location you teleport from, and explosion where you teleport to. (Will not count as breaking immobility) 

2 Silver Cord: "summons" an etherial clone that will attack enemies within line of sight, like a mix of Ash's 4 and Mesa's 4 for the duration of the ability, and within a certain range. It'll just teleport from target to target. 

3 Vengeful Glare: Any hits or shots at the warframe will be thrown back at the shooter by the etherial clone and strip armor from grineer, shields from corpus and health from infested, temporarily adding them to his own. Possible augment would cause rad proc. 

4 Malicious Remedy: channeled AOE ability around the warframe, all enemies are slowed when moving too close to the warframe, boosting his attack and movement speeds. On release, enemies within the field are knocked down and take increased damage for the duration that the power was active, the warframe deals increased damage.

At first, I thought about the clone thing being free to move around, but we don't need more AI's roaming around. I do think that it could be some kind of floating torso, or even just a bust without any legs, so it would work a bit like a corpus osprey. 

This is just a really rough draft. The names are all wrong. Descriptions and whatnot need work. Bla bla.