Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion on Cross Save

(PSN)Mythologica

4 hours ago, (PS4)WetPollito said:

Nope they didnt.

I have been playing warframe for long time.... on console more thatn 5000 hrs, and a few on PC. My PS4 is dead. you spent 100 dollars?, I spent close to 1500 dollares buying prime access and accessories. I've been  waiting the cross save for around 1 year and nothing!!, absolutely nothing!!.....

As far as devs said, they are "looking" into it. I would not put much hopes for cross save this year. Considering Covid-19 delayed everything and devs are kinda stuck fixing rail jack, arch-wing and kuva liches. Maybe early next year.

5 hours ago, (XB1)SATANIC DEMON3 said:

they've done it before, apparently it was to do with microsoft and playstation not liking it, you know money reasons about transferring

But Microsoft now has Phil Spencer and Sony's at the cusp of a new generation - and you know what that means - Sony will be all consumer friendly to gain people's trust, then they'll continue with their corporate scum bull S#&$ and screw everyone else over. So now's the perfect, and probably only time warframe will allow that. That is, if the single developer working on cross-progression doesn't makes any, ahem, progress.

Lol.

Edited by (NSW)FlameDivinity

1 hour ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Both next gen consoles are backwards compatible so theres no need for transfers, unfortunately I dont see next gen consoles being allowed to transfer to pc either

There hasn't been confirmation that their bothbackwards compatible and it also depends what they mean by that, I.e all games or the like the xbox one approach of popular games.

Second point there is a need to transfer if you want to move from one console to another, especially given the reported price of the new xbox..

I would much prefer merged account with cross progress like Bungie have done with Destiny 2 (one of the rew good things they managed to do with that game)

Cross Progression would be fantastic, but I have to wonder, is there anyone who wants it to actually play on console? Every thread I see is "I want to play on PC". Obviously I know why and I totally understand why, just wondering if there's people that would play on consoles who are currently on PC, or continue to play on console. 

I mainly want cross progression to play on PC with my friends, but the handheld factor of Switch is too good to pass up so I'd play on both. Have to wonder if switch would be more popular with cross save too. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

There hasn't been confirmation that their bothbackwards compatible and it also depends what they mean by that, I.e all games or the like the xbox one approach of popular games.

Second point there is a need to transfer if you want to move from one console to another, especially given the reported price of the new xbox..

I would much prefer merged account with cross progress like Bungie have done with Destiny 2 (one of the rew good things they managed to do with that game)

Sony has confirmed 99% of there ps4 games will work on ps5, A similar comitment made by microsoft with xbox series. Its unlikely that they allow tranfers between companys though. Its also unlikely that DE will make a separate next gen build as well.

Edited by (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson

10 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

As far as devs said, they are "looking" into it. I would not put much hopes for cross save this year. Considering Covid-19 delayed everything and devs are kinda stuck fixing rail jack, arch-wing and kuva liches. Maybe early next year.

Yep. That is why I put more time into my pc account. 

On 2020-04-27 at 4:13 PM, (XB1)SATANIC DEMON3 said:

my ticket came back, they said that there are no plans to console to pc trancefer, so this difficult for me now weather i shall continue, this is sad new, money lossed   

I would also love if they allowed this. I think we should be able to choose where we want to play the game. Especially since there is no cross save (or cross play) yet.

They should allow us to migrate accounts, even if they had a time lock after doing the change, like you cant change for 60 days or w/e.

19 minutes ago, Dremorz said:

I would also love if they allowed this. I think we should be able to choose where we want to play the game. Especially since there is no cross save (or cross play) yet.

They should allow us to migrate accounts, even if they had a time lock after doing the change, like you cant change for 60 days or w/e.

It's not just about DE but also about the console's manufacturers. When you buy plat on console, eg PS4, then Sony will get a cut. Why would they let someone leave? They would lose money.

1 hour ago, WhiteMarker said:

It's not just about DE but also about the console's manufacturers. When you buy plat on console, eg PS4, then Sony will get a cut. Why would they let someone leave? They would lose money.

I do understand the financial implications of the console manufacturers. Nowdays Cross-save isn't as scarce as it used to be e.g. Dauntless. Again I understand that DE has standing agreements that are older and would need to be renegotiated. I'm not bashing DE I do understand its not just a simple thing for them to do but it would be great to at least be able to migrate and more so cross save .

1 hour ago, WhiteMarker said:

This argument would be valid if not for Destiny 2 and their cross save setup. You can buy seasons passes on ps4 for example but if you play the game on xbox you keep everything you already earned but have to purchase a second season pass if you want to get the additional goodies while playing on Xbone.

This argument therefore isn't valid anymore as other games have gotten around this

7 hours ago, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

This argument would be valid if not for Destiny 2 and their cross save setup. You can buy seasons passes on ps4 for example but if you play the game on xbox you keep everything you already earned but have to purchase a second season pass if you want to get the additional goodies while playing on Xbone.

This argument therefore isn't valid anymore as other games have gotten around this

Oh but it is.
Destiny doesn't have the same contracts as Warframe has.
Your argument is the invalid one. Or do you have insight in all the legal things in the background?
DE can't just steamroll these contracts because they feel like it. maybe DE has to pay some sort of fee to cancel the current contracts in order to make new ones. And maybe DE can't spend that much money. Who knows.
So know, it's not as easy as you said...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Oh but it is.
Destiny doesn't have the same contracts as Warframe has.
Your argument is the invalid one. Or do you have insight in all the legal things in the background?
DE can't just steamroll these contracts because they feel like it. maybe DE has to pay some sort of fee to cancel the current contracts in order to make new ones. And maybe DE can't spend that much money. Who knows.
So know, it's not as easy as you said...

Your speculating without any evidence or proof. All I see are maybe's.

Here I will give you some more examples, Paladins, smite, realm royal. All free to play models. All now have cross play and have cross save across PC, xbox and switch and are in the process of getting cross save on ps4.

These are not huge studios like bungie but still have made considerable progress on this front, the fact that DE have confirmed that they are looking into it suggests it's no where near as complicated as you seem to be suggesting

You're whole first argument was about console manufacturers not wanting plat to be shared, which was again speculation and something that Inhave shown not to be the case with examples

Edited by (XB1)ALTBOULI
Missing lines

In my opinion, i think now because trying to make pc as not the main test server and actually making a testing server . I would love to see cross play between consoles and pc . Because it would do huge in players game expirience , trade chat would be bigger and stronger so recrutnent chat and so on. I think it could be a big thing to have in warframe and knowing other platforms player base in other platforms and would be more fun and exciting to get the same updstes as everyone alse even more now becayse we can test updates before it pops of in pc so there's shouldnt be delay on platforms and more strong and united fan base to the game

Edited by (XB1)stupidfateat

1 hour ago, (XB1)stupidfateat said:

In my opinion

You should take all those thread tags out since they're pretty much DE exclusive.

Edit: Thread was merged by a mod. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Uhkretor

I LOVE THIS GAME and I won't deny it. Throughout my entire life, I was searching for a game like Warframe, and i finally found it. It really surprises me that this game is actually free to play because it has so much to offer that I feel that I need to pay for it even tho I'm playing for free. I started playing in my ps4 because I didn't have a nice computer to play and I started to grow and grow in the ps4, I'm not a veteran but I was somewhat an experienced player that was loving the game, a lot. The problem is that I had to sell my ps4 for personal reasons. After doing that I manage to play warframe in the ps4 but I was told that I couldn't transfer my acc from the ps4 to the PC which made me sad. A lot. I spent so much time playing this game and spent so much time grinding and having a lot of fun with my friends. It came to an end after selling my PS4. I'm not saying that my time spent was wasted because it wasn't. The game is amazing but i wasn't able to recover the time that I spent playing the game. Losing progress wasn't enough, now i couldn't even play with my friends again. This is the reason why I'm typing this. I'm asking myself why this game wouldn't have cross-play. It has every single quality to be a cross playing game but its not. Yeah, warframe has 7 years but I still think that the game has a lot of potentials. A lot of you will say that warframe cant is crossplay because the PC and PS4 are in different versions, which I agree, that can be tricky but the game could still create a test server limited to a few players like League OF Legends does so that the players could experience the changes early, comment on them, give feedback and improve the game whilst the real version of the game that isn't being tested and developed is being played by crossplayers. The items should be restricted to the players that play in that console or pc, and that can create a sense of exclusiveness which can create more revenue for the game. I'm not saying that accounts should be cross multi-platforms, I'm saying that I miss my friends and I miss playing this awesome game with them. This is the most complete game that I ever found in my entire life and its a shame that it's not crossplay. All the love to you guys.

• Like 2

This is truly sad 😢

Cross save is a possibility, there's a chance they are already working on that. But cross progression is a tough nut! DE practically uses the PC player base as beta testers, and as you mentioned, the consoles are always behind PC. Cross play might be possible between consoles (although as I understand, they need Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo to agree on it too), but I don't know about PC...

Your best solution to continue playing with your friends and keep your progress is to buy another PS. Progression is tied to your PSN account, not your console itself, so if you manage to get a replacement PS4, you'll be able to play again. I understand this probably isn't possible due to financial reasons, especially in the circumstances we're all in right now, but you'll get there. Warframe will be still there, with less bugs, and new content 😊

I love the game and wish I could somehow see my new PS4 and NSW friends in the same session (I'm on PC). 
But that's not really possible, so we've resorted to writing and sharing stories to each other. 🙂

Edited by Laxmibai

Account transfer is something that we all want and DE have alluded to considering introducing it. I recall DE Steve saying on a Dev Stream some time ago that everyone wants Cross-Save (account transfer) except for those who have to program it!

I get that for DE it isn't simple. There are some items in game that are platform specific and I think that the cost of platinum is cheaper on PC?

Hopefully it will come in time.

• Like 1