Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What frames and weapons do you think most badly need a buff/rework?

houselyrander

Mag: Her powers have no meaningful synergy between them, her augments doesn't do much (one of them even does what the original ability already does), she has no scaling and her survivability is awful, considering shields is just plain garbage in this game and DE refuses to do something about it.

Primary: Phage. It is cool looking weapon and that is about it. Suffers from the same problem as Convectrix, which is the initial firing mechanic is only there to waste time and ammo.

Secondary: That pistol, whose name I forgot, which fires an additional beam for each enemy killed. Interesting gimmick which becomes worthless because of small clip size.

Melee: I don't really care about them after the awful 3.0 "rework".

Edited by Anthraxicus

Weapon: The stug - it should be on the level of the nox's chemical launcher, not a meme gun...
Warframe: Grendel - make him not boring

40 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I just cant use her in the higher end content like railjacks or liches or open worlds.

Just play her more, she is great for all the content, especially higher end content.You just need to change the way you are playing with her.

10 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

Only thing Mag needs is a improvement for her 1. A rework would be too far.

her 1 is fine, her 4 needs an improvement

Edited by vegetosayajin

Frame: Inaros - Give his abilities more appeal, I think he's used too much for one thing - his health(duh).

Primary: Artemis Bow - Not a weapon but still, it's a weapon. Right now it just feels like a slightly different version of Cernos Prime, not an exalted weapon.

Secondary: not any specific ones but look over solo weapons and their akimbo counter parts.

Melee: Dual Kama Prime could use something unique as many other primes later have had an unique effect.

15 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

Only thing Mag needs is a improvement for her 1. A rework would be too far.

She needs way more than improvements to her 1, 3 and 4, I'd even say some improvements to her 2 as well (her only good ability, but suffers from some major problems). So, yeah. A rework would be great.

Zephyr's rework was no proper rework.

Latron Wraith should be buffed to be a better side-grade to Latron Prime. While you are at it, slightly buff Latron Prime.

Tysis?

Pangolin Sword Prime. Have it come out on it's own even, no need to put it in a Prime Access, just give newbies another easy to get Prime (like Paris, Braton and Burston).

3 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

REVENANT!

his first 3 abilities aren’t even properly Eidolon themed. His lore states that he was “infused with the powers of the Eidolons”. Powers, not power. He shouldn’t only have one ability that could be considered Eidolon themed and the rest more akin to a vampire. How tf do you mess up something so obvious!

Also his first 3 abilities are garbage and could do with being replaced.

Revenant is a mess of a frame that was made by 2 different teams locked in 2 different toilet stalls on 2 different planets. I always saw him as more "Orokin" themed but that may be because vampires and Orokin both fill that "decadent, immortal, manipulative prick" archetype

3 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Nekros Terrify needs to stun enemies or make them come TO Nekros.  Shadows needs overhauled into something that doesnt clutter up the damn screen.  Soul Punch needs to be homing and NOT ragdoll stuff.  Would love to see Nekros become a proper tank either through default armor or something to do with shadows.  No more health conversion mod...

I'm seriously worried that Nekros will never be fixed because Despoil makes him such a strong AFK farmer that DE will only see the high play % and think he's fine. He's not. None of his abilities synergize and some outright conflict (Terrify drives enemies away and Shadows lowers enemy spawn rate, both conflicting with Desecrate) plus he's not very tanky without his 4 Augment

3 hours ago, gluih said:

I like the idea of playing a tanky support/ healer, but Trinity is just annoying to play. You don't make people want to play supportive characters by making them op.

Years of playing spellcasters in DnD has taught me anything, it's that the only way to make healers appealing is to make them gods. But yeah, I love healers with lots of survivability as well, but I generally prefer Oberon over Trinity because I like pressing more than 2 buttons

Frames. Hm. Chroma - I realize it has a niche, but it's just so boring. A lot of the frames that common wisdom suggests are in dire straits: Ash. Titania. Nyx. Etc. Really, I think DE needs to take like, a year, and either fit the game to the frames, or the frames to the game. Wishful thinking, I know. 

As for weapons -- melee seems to be in an okay place more or less. Firearms...well, I believe there should never be such a thing as "MR fodder," so I can't list all the guns that need a rev. 

Randomly: I'd love to see Thrown Melee get the targeting system from Bladestorm, where you highlight the targets you want it to hit. 

Both marelok's they are soo old with basic crit and poor crit chance and they are the strongest non prime pistol that's also not a kit gun if you ignore akarius because blast negatively affects damage output and zylok it's a high slash burst pistol yet it has poor crit chance and slash weapons benefit well from crits which that provides nothing for great disposition and status but no crits to amp up slash procs it's a nice pistol but suffered from the 8% cc with it's damage disposition 

2 hours ago, houselyrander said:

Revenant is a mess of a frame that was made by 2 different teams locked in 2 different toilet stalls on 2 different planets. I always saw him as more "Orokin" themed but that may be because vampires and Orokin both fill that "decadent, immortal, manipulative prick" archetype.

Concept art literally called Eidolon Frame.

Eidolons and Sentients are referenced like a million times in his backstory.

He looks like a damn Teralyst.

How tf is it even possible for people to mistake his extremely obvious Eidolon Theme for anything else?

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

Not going to read the other posts before I post. 

Mire, could use more crit chance (think it's 5% crit chance, my riven brings it down to 0% chance anyway) 

Convectrix could use a rocket/lock on missile secondary fire. If it's good enough for the Corpus, it's good enough for the Tenno! 

Panthera could use a little something. 

More Dual Cestra ammo! 

Maybe Braton/Braton prime could get a damage boost of some sort? 

Harpak and buzzlok could use an augment mod, perhaps? 

Paracyst could use a tad more crit chance and an augment. Or... Impact, slash, puncture! Like all melee weapons got. 

Phage could use an extra range concentrated beam secondary fire. 

Sybaris P could use a damage boost, prisma grinlok with a single shot seems to outperform the two combined shots of the Sybaris P. 

Torid and Stug could greatly benefit from having an instant damage augment. 

Akmagnus could use a damage boost

Unarmed should be made available as a modable melee weapon that can either equip fist or sparring stances!

For warframes:

Vauban's 3 really needs to have the same kind of fuse as his 2 and 4. I can use those abilities to lob over cover, but his 3 just goes off in mid air, and there's no charging the ability to get more range. That's the only one that really bothers me enough to need a tweak in my opinion. 

4 hours ago, houselyrander said:

Years of playing spellcasters in DnD has taught me anything, it's that the only way to make healers appealing is to make them gods. But yeah, I love healers with lots of survivability as well, but I generally prefer Oberon over Trinity because I like pressing more than 2 buttons

That's why you see so many Trinities these days. No, if you want make people play healers, you make them necessary. That kinda messes with the happy happy fun time approach, that warframe has, but in return you get actual team play. It's the difference between playing with each other and playing alongside each other.

I actually press less buttons when I'm on Oberon and that's a good thing.

5 hours ago, houselyrander said:

Revenant is a mess of a frame that was made by 2 different teams locked in 2 different toilet stalls on 2 different planets. I always saw him as more "Orokin" themed but that may be because vampires and Orokin both fill that "decadent, immortal, manipulative prick" archetype

Revenant is based on Dracula. And I mean the original novel, where he was a evil wizard who sold his soul to Satan, drinking blood was just a weird fetish, his body was little more than a corpse wrapped up in illusions (sunlight didn't kill him, it just shut the illusions off), and his primary powers were hypnotizing people and turning himself into clouds of fog

4 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Concept art literally called Eidolon Frame.

Eidolons and Sentients are referenced like a million times in his backstory.

He looks like a damn Teralyst.

How tf is it even possible for people to mistake his extremely obvious Eidolon Theme for anything else?

Because his first 3 abilities were openly admitted to be from a vampire frame concept Rebecca Ford cooked up and his 4 had to be changed at the last minute to be remotely Sentient themed (and not even Eidolon themed, that laser spin is a Battalyst attack). Literally the only thing Eidolon about him is his Passive, his looks, and his lore

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

Revenant is based on Dracula. And I mean the original novel, where he was a evil wizard who sold his soul to Satan, drinking blood was just a weird fetish, his body was little more than a corpse wrapped up in illusions (sunlight didn't kill him, it just shut the illusions off), and his primary powers were hypnotizing people and turning himself into clouds of fog

Yup, pretty much

Edited by houselyrander
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, houselyrander said:

Because his first 3 abilities were openly admitted to be from a vampire frame concept Rebecca Ford cooked up and his 4 had to be changed at the last minute to be remotely Sentient themed (and not even Eidolon themed, that laser spin is a Battalyst attack). Literally the only thing Eidolon about him is his Passive, his looks, and his lore

And his 4 and you could make the argument  that his slow af cast times were taken from the Eidolons slow movements.

This Frame infuriates me. Visually he looks Eidolon. So you figured, oh hey cool an Eidolon frame. That has to be awesome. And then you play him and he does next to nothing what the Eidolons or even the Sentients do. His existence is literally just one big scam.

11 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

REVENANT!

his first 3 abilities aren’t even properly Eidolon themed. His lore states that he was “infused with the powers of the Eidolons”. Powers, not power. He shouldn’t only have one ability that could be considered Eidolon themed and the rest more akin to a vampire. How tf do you mess up something so obvious!

Also his first 3 abilities are garbage and could do with being replaced.

Revenant is fine

And his first 3 abilities have nothing to do with vampires 

DE should focus on much more important things

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Revenant is fine

And his first 3 abilities have nothing to do with vampires 

DE should focus on much more important things

Wrong

Double wrong (do some research)

Reworking Revenant is the single most important thing they could ever do.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

And his 4 and you could make the argument  that his slow af cast times were taken from the Eidolons slow movements.

This Frame infuriates me. Visually he looks Eidolon. So you figured, oh hey cool an Eidolon frame. That has to be awesome. And then you play him and he does next to nothing what the Eidolons or even the Sentients do. His existence is literally just one big scam.

What does eidolons do?

They shoot lasers? Check

They adapt to damage? We literally have a mod for that

They effect environment and corrupt others? Enthral check

They dash like ghosts? vomvalyst reave check

What more could you possibly want from an eidolon 

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

What does eidolons do?

They shoot lasers? Check

They adapt to damage? We literally have a mod for that

They effect environment and corrupt others? Enthral check

They dash like ghosts? vomvalyst reave check

What more could you possibly want from an eidolon 

What do Eidolons not do. Mind Control people, put people to sleep, steal their health. Reave also used to be a wall of mist and you can still see what it used to look like on the video for it in Revenants abilities screen.

Like seriously dude go watch his reveal stream. His first 3 abilities are vampire themed. Reb literally spells out exactly how each one is vampire themed.

You making blind assumptions isn’t getting you anywhere. Actually do some research and then get back to me when you’re properly educated on the topic.