Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What can be done about quitters?

(XBOX)Erudite Prime

Just now, (PS4)Apoleon_amarr said:

The only thing that comes to mind is making random people able to joi any time, no the current limit that is 2 rotation or something like that, but this type of instance should be separated from the rest, we dont want random new players to get destroyed instantly abd get frustrated

Yeah, you should be able to join matches shortly after the start of each rotation, not just the start of the whole match.

49 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

What do you mean by this? I am saying that I don't like the way the something works, and that I'd like it to change. Replying with "Well that's just how it works" isn't an argument. 

You're proceeding from the assumption that someone leaving an endless mission at a designated mission interval, when you would not leave, is a problem requiring a solution. I consider that assumption to be faulty -- your preference on which interval you're supposed to leave at is not relevant or controlling with regard to the mechanic.

Basically, it's working as intended: those intervals are designed to allow people to leave when they want. Therefore, they're not quitters -- they completed the mission, and elected to leave at an intentionally-designed leaving point. I simply don't agree that there's a problem to be solved here at all. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Yeah, you should be able to join matches shortly after the start of each rotation, not just the start of the whole match.

So now you have a problem where people keep bouncing in/out of survivals looking for a ROT C then bounce again.   I see you think through things...

• Like 2

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Apoleon_amarr:

The only thing that comes to mind is making random people able to joi any time, no the current limit that is 2 rotation or something like that, but this type of instance should be separated from the rest, we dont want random new players to get destroyed instantly abd get frustrated

I think there is exactly the problem with a system like that: you have to give newer players the option to start at base level instead of 2 hours in but that divides the matchmaking base even further. And it still wouldnt guarantee you'd have people who will stay for long. Afterall someone might have stayed the entire 2 hours and is just calling it a day when you spawn in. Suddenly you would still only see one rotation. I do like the idea though.

hace 4 minutos, Drachnyn dijo:

I think there is exactly the problem with a system like that: you have to give newer players the option to start at base level instead of 2 hours in but that divides the matchmaking base even further. And it still wouldnt guarantee you'd have people who will stay for long. Afterall someone might have stayed the entire 2 hours and is just calling it a day when you spawn in. Suddenly you would still only see one rotation. I do like the idea though.

Yeah, that would be the price but, do we care about it tho?

35 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Recruiting chat ignores 90% of people who are trying to form a squad, and you can't force me to make "friends" in a video game.

Solo extraction is a thing if you don't want to make friends don't complain that randoms don't want to do what you want people would leave all the time in survivals or defenses on me. If I wanted to stay I'd stay

• Like 1

It can be fixed by DE. They can start by keeping matchmaking open and lose the idiotic rotation system.

New and casual players won't likely understand a system which asks them to play the same thing over and over. No other game really does this and warframe certainly has never made an attempt to explain it via tutorials.

Maybe if there was an RNG incentive to keep going beyond the first round. Better relic odds the longer you stay for example AND it was communicated properly in-game.

Edited by IIDMOII
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Recruiting chat ignores 90% of people who are trying to form a squad, and you can't force me to make "friends" in a video game.

Solo extraction is a thing if you don't want to make friends don't complain that randoms don't want to do what you want people would leave all the time in survivals or defenses on me. If I wanted to stay I'd stay

12 minutes ago, Chappie1975 said:

So now you have a problem where people keep bouncing in/out of survivals looking for a ROT C then bounce again.   I see you think through things...

Now this is a weird one. Why would I have a problem with people leaving once the mission is actually finished? I'm pretty sure that this is called a strawman argument.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Now this is a weird one. Why would I have a problem with people leaving once the mission is actually finished? I'm pretty sure that this is called a strawman argument.

And endless mission ends when a player wants to leave. Again what's with people trying to dictate how someone plays. Yes rotation c is the most sought after rotation. But if I don't want to stay. You'll be fine 

• Like 1

I think the correct solution is to make laughing reactions not contribute to forum reputation. That might just solve a lot of "problems" people come up up.

As for the actual topic... you have several tools at your disposal to get the runs you're looking for and the game is not going to cater to the exact methods you prefer automatically. If you can't be bothered to use recruiting, friends, your clan, or just asking your pub squad to go to x round (seriously that is far more effective than it sounds) then there isn't anything you can be helped with on this matter. Because your way of playing isn't the same as everyone else and to force your methods would alienate other players and cause more problems than your supposed one is causing.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

>fissures
>solo

Why in the name of God would doing fissures solo be a problem? You're gonna have six billions of each relic anyway, and it's not like any enemy in this game deals any noticeable damage outside of Eidolons. So going two hours into Survival or repeating a Capture mission a bunch of times (it should never take you longer than 45 seconds to do objectve-nuke everyone to get reactant-extract) are things you can just as easily do solo, unless you're a beginner with inadequate equipment but then why are you chain-opening relics?

So yes, fissures solo. Plenty of people, myself very much included, do that all the time.

Edited by TearsOfTomorrow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

That would imply you had an argument to begin with....

2 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

People who join Endless Fissures like Defense or Survival, but leave after only one Rotation. How can we solve this problem?

not going public is your best method, use recruit chat or form a premade group of people you know. also bear in mind that if someone gets an uncommon or rare drop from a relic, that might just be what they were after, so having gotten what they wanted, they will extract. you wouldn't want to play for longer than you have/want to, and certainly wouldn't want to jeopardise losing your rare loot because of a host migration, right? that's just how it is.

23 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

The whole point is being able to choose other people's rewards. Would you rather be forced to get whatever you get, or have four choices?

Was going to reply, but...

13 minutes ago, General-Pacman said:

You won't let other people to play as they please, yet you are eager to leech on their rewards. Amusing.

... This guy said it all.

2 hours ago, (XB1)bigsnake84 said:

The players who leave after one round should prefer something like Capture or Exterminate

I usually do, but sometimes there's only endless missions (or f*cking Mobile Defense) available.

They should change the fissure generation to ensure that there's always at least one endless and one non-endless mission available. And get rid of MD fissures because no one wants those.

A new form of matchmaking that prioritizes available players relevant to our style and interests.
All of the potential metrics for what a player does or does not enjoy, should help find you matches, (like a dating profile.)

Average endless wave stays, build likeness, things we can or cannot live with/without.. all measured to find players closest to your style.
This improves the overall satisfaction and reliability of a player's Warframe experience.
Matchmaking should show and suggest open squads that it predicts you'd be most welcome and appreciated in.

You like Eidolon runs, but don't have the ideal gear? No problem: There are 4 open squads who are welcoming to casual and imperfect pace.
You like Survivals on Pluto but there are no open squads? There are 7 open on other corpus tile sets, sorted by relevance of resource drops, party, or whatever matters most to you.