The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Chamber's Return

Voltage

15 минут назад, Ham_Grenabe сказал:

Correction: the "rich." You can't turn platinum back into money. It's just a hole in the ground. 

You do anything in your power just to show all their earnings nonvaluable. 

There`s still a gap between one who has got a lot of "stones" and the one who has less than 5.

This is a bad move. Some things should be kept rare, just for the few hard core collectors who also happen to be whales. 

Ever played Magic the Gathering? Black Lotus while being nice to have still sells for hundreds of dollars, beta variants even for thousands, these trinkets are like rare baseball cards. You just do not throw in a Babe Ruth Card for 100$ or release a new exclusive cards pack for MtG with a Black Lotus for 50$.

Does the thing have an impact on the game? No! It´s just a unicorn's horn, nice to have, something to brag about but that´s it. Years ago collectors were willing to pay 20k plat for Primed Chamber well before the market price inflation and prime frames cost like 40 plat. Offering this now for a still trinket price, is a grave insult to hard core players and collectors who have carried the game all these years.

I do not own Primed Chamber nor do I aspire to own it, but I would be furious if I had payed sick money just to be it the crown jewel of my all mods collection, now to find out, the pawn shop next door sells it as well. Very S#&$ty and insulting move by DE I am afraid to say! 

• Like 1

I am legit shicked that this was even released. I know peoole that paid 100k for this mod. For me after rivens were released it became useless imo. I have mixed feelings. Why not give us an event surrounding primed chamber.. To release it with baro just seems........ Lazy.

Im still shocked this was released again though. 

9 minutes ago, Deminged said:

There`s still a gap between one who has got a lot of "stones" and the one who has less than 5.

You do understand that the people who had the mod before still have it now, right? And that the price they paid was to use that mod before others could since DE always said it was coming back.

I don't see any reason to pity anyone here like you are doing.

I like how players in some cases compare this to excall prime, which we know isn't comming back while primed chamber was always the horizon, baro, nightwave, alerts, events, all had the potential and yet, with like 6 years of warnings, players traded for it.

Guys, be mature and responsible for your own decisions, You have to deal with the fact the mod wasn't meant to be exclusive.

5 minutes ago, da_blok_is_hot said:

I am legit shicked that this was even released. I know peoole that paid 100k for this mod. For me after rivens were released it became useless imo. I have mixed feelings. Why not give us an event surrounding primed chamber.. To release it with baro just seems........ Lazy.

Im still shocked this was released again though. 

tennocon 2020, usually a digital ticket provides to a unique baro visit, who brings everything.

the mod maximizes digital sales.

Edited by KIREEK

6 минут назад, Emulad0or сказал:

You do understand that the people who had the mod before still have it now, right? And that the price they paid was to use that mod before others could since DE always said it was coming back.

I don't see any reason to pity anyone here like you are doing.

In the contrary, i do not understand how youre trying to justify everything with one simple statement.

Item is classified as exclusive, has its value not because of its function, but because there are not many of those.

It has its value only now, at the moment. Imagine having a rare visual item that gets reprinted, with the price dropped as a result. The reason of even using it is dropping and those who had it before are in the dumpster, since their exclusive item lost the only value it had.

Saying something in a way "they had their time in which it was valuable" is far from clever. Yes, thing was cool before, now it costs nothing and what matters is now for every asset in the world. 

Edited by Deminged

8 minutes ago, Hatzeputt said:

Ever played Magic the Gathering? Black Lotus

Black lotus is on the reserved list. Akin to Excalibur prime, where Wizards has promised never to reprint the card, that's why its value is so high. if there was any risk that it could be reprinted the value of the card would plummet.

Edited by Skaleek

21 minutes ago, Deminged said:

I'm not disputing there are people with lots of platinum out there, and I'm not one of them. But...rich just isn't the word I'd use (or like, I'd use it "tongue-in-cheek")

Wait, are you someone who dumped big plat on a copy of Primed Chamber? Or one of the Elite 100-to-300 that got it "legitimately?"

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Deminged said:

Item is classified as exclusive, has its value not because of its function, but because there are not many of those.

Only it wasn't! That is the point!

DE said since the beggining that this was NOT exclusive and it WOULD come back!

• Like 2

2 минуты назад, Ham_Grenabe сказал:

I'm not disputing there are people with lots of platinum out there, and I'm not one of them. But...rich just isn't the word I'd use.

Wait, are you someone who dumped big plat on a copy of Primed Chamber? Or one of the Elite 100-to-300 that got it "legitimately?"

Just a man who thinks such rare items should exist. Chamber is a bad example of these. but i hope they wont touch those steam-exclusive cosmetics or founders pack.

2 minutes ago, Deminged said:

Just a man who thinks such rare items should exist. Chamber is a bad example of these. but i hope they wont touch those steam-exclusive cosmetics or founders pack.

If they released excalibur prime then I would have a real issue but since de never said this was exclusive we have no need to worry about this.

1 минуту назад, Emulad0or сказал:

Only it wasn't! That is the point!

DE said since the beggining that this was NOT exclusive and it WOULD come back!

1. They never said in which way it should happen.

2.They handled it in the worst way ever, causing shock ever since Baro came in.

3. It was exclusive before today, thats all that matters. Statements are not a valid reason to lower the price. What happened today is.

2 minutes ago, Deminged said:

I don't want the founders stuff either. I have no interest - I wasn't there, nor would I have paid in if I was. Plus, that's contractual at least, but even if it wasn't, I'd expect them to say "Yeah, that we won't be making available." 

But then, I don't want (and didn't buy) Primed Chamber either - I didn't want it when it was super-rare, and I don't want it now that it's 3,000 ducats. I might have bought it for "the lulz" at 200 ducats. But I'd never use it anyway. 

5 минут назад, HugintheCrow сказал:

Please provide a single reasonable argument as to why.

Hint: You won't be able to, as there is none.

Sometimes i wonder why should i explain stuff when youve already made your mind.

You might have understood one simple fact during your life. That is - a huge load of things you do matters little if there is noone to acknowledge it.

Everyone has a need to show himself in the society in the best way possible. 

Exclusive items help a lot with it, both in real life and in the world of pixels.

Edited by Deminged

....look at that other thread up there, with the hundreds of replies. page after page of blah blah blah, as if the common man's opinion is worth anything in particular =D numbers, at least, are worth something;

vec prime (full build plus riven with negative mag capacity) test head shot on lv135 corrupted heavy gunner, no arcanes, no armor strip (cp used), no stealth/etc, max zoom, no combo count-

3248 dmg with charged chamber

4641 dmg with primed chamber = increase of 1393, or an increase of 42.8%

charged/primed chamber vs using another 90 mod-

same build but with only 1 90 mod;

2320 dmg with just 90% tox mod

2456 dmg with no ele dmg and primed chamber = increase of 136, or an increase of 5.8% so slightly better than just using another 90 mod, basically.

all this of course before the usual bonuses, so these will be cumulative effects. ivara + stealth + fully modded vec prime with primed chamber was just erasing things. last but not least, we all know mods with negative accuracy on them seem screwy, so does primed chamber actually work right on its own? yep..

same build but NO ele dmg, only IPS+primed chamber-

1228 dmg headshot without, 2456 with primed chamber, so the math works out the way we expect. i was consistently hitting for yellow 200k+ very quick. orange crits were.. fun =D

Edited by SaidTheRogue

1 minute ago, Deminged said:

I have some of those Steam-Exclusives and I say do touch them and release it to everybody if possible (no ideia if even possible with it being on steam and all). Do I have some of the skins? I do. Do I use them? Nope. I don't give a damn about them, and I wouldn't feel bad if more people could get them

Just now, Deminged said:

1. They never said in which way it should happen.

2.They handled it in the worst way ever, causing shock ever since Baro came in.

3. It was exclusive before today, thats all that matters. Statements are not a valid reason to lower the price. What happened today is.

1- Doesn't change anything. If it came back as a Tactical Alert Reward, nothing would have changed in this discusion

2- Same as 1, the way they released it doesn't change the fact that everyone can get it now and prices dropped

3- It was exclusive before today, and if DE had not released it today, but only said "hey guys, btw, we will have an event with Primed Chamber as a reward next month", the results would be the same. Prices would drop TODAY. If you want to buy something you KNOW will come back, there is no reason to feel bad once it does come back

• Like 1

ah This is like the first time they changed riven dispositions all over again. A really good laugh at all the delusional people that expect things to never change.

There is only one solid I think they will ever not change and that is never releasing founder packs again since it was so much money and it was by a bunch of players that actually took a HUGE gamble on warframe getting better when it looked so bad and I respect DE for that.