Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Get 8 rare mods without index

Matsetes

Question

As just suggest the title, is there a way to acquire 8 rare mods for nightwave without having access to index? I read that the ones you get for reward does not count, is there a level where is possible to get them?

Can I fuse mods for getting rare ones? Does it count?

I'm actually at Jupiter with Europa done but I miss the second branch of the void. I tried a pair of runs in the void T1 capture mission, but I dropped none (from enemies or crates).

I'd really like to unlock the missing tier of nightwave before it ends, they're really important for someone in the mid game like me

6 hours ago, Matsetes said:

As just suggest the title, is there a way to acquire 8 rare mods for nightwave without having access to index? I read that the ones you get for reward does not count, is there a level where is possible to get them?

Can I fuse mods for getting rare ones? Does it count?

I'm actually at Jupiter with Europa done but I miss the second branch of the void. I tried a pair of runs in the void T1 capture mission, but I dropped none (from enemies or crates).

I'd really like to unlock the missing tier of nightwave before it ends, they're really important for someone in the mid game like me

Rare mods only count, if they're dropped by a mob or found in a container. Fusion, spy vaults, reward table, and "unidentified" do not count.

You have three options :

1. If you opened the void branch from Phobos, just run Teshub (exterminate) over and over. Do it solo, so you can take the time to explore and break all of the containers.

2. If you opened Cetus (Earth) or Fortuna (Venus), you can do the low-level bounties. You will usually find 1 or 2 rares per a bounty.

3. Run alerts, void fissures to crack open your relics, or any normal mission.

You should complete this challenge in about 3 to 4 days.

Good luck.
:meridian::redveil:

Edited by GrazeZeroLow

Index works the last i knew. but if you really don't want to do Index, uhhhhh

does Nightmare work?
some Venus Bounties have Rare Mods that are at Chances upwards of 25%.
Thumpers have a 15% Chance to Drop a Rare Mod, since they only Drop Rare Mods.

there were some other Enemies that only Drop Rare Mods that i'm totally brainfarting on right now....

3 minutes ago, RobWasHere said:

Capturing Teralyst very often drops the 120% impact mods.

Otherwise either grind Hydron for mass Undying Will and Crossing Snakes drops, or ask someone to taxi you to index.

For what I see, Hydron is on Sedna that is far away from Jupiter...

3 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Index works the last i knew. but if you really don't want to do Index, uhhhhh

does Nightmare work?
some Venus Bounties have Rare Mods that are at Chances upwards of 25%.
Thumpers have a 15% Chance to Drop a Rare Mod, since they only Drop Rare Mods.

there were some other Enemies that only Drop Rare Mods that i'm totally brainfarting on right now....

Nightmare doesn't work neither does bounties. I have never seen a Thumper, is it viable to a solo player of my level?

6 minutes ago, Matsetes said:

For what I see, Hydron is on Sedna that is far away from Jupiter...

Nightmare doesn't work neither does bounties. I have never seen a Thumper, is it viable to a solo player of my level?

Seems bounty that involves trapping and defending the Coildrive drops Index mod when the defence ends (according to wiki)
Lua puzzle rooms also count, but you probably dont have access to them, same with high end void (Corrupted Vor and 60% elemental Toxin mods). Not sure about Derelict Vaults.
Thumper is not hard, but pain in the Wisp assets to fight with tiny leg hitboxes and it constantly spinning and jumping.

13 minutes ago, Matsetes said:

I have never seen a Thumper, is it viable to a solo player of my level?

A thumper is a 4 legged "tank" with 3 different guns on its sides. They appear in the plains of eidolon and Its quite large and hard to miss, while making distinctive "Thumps" as it walks. Thumpers do not spawn if you are in archwing. You have to keep walking around for it to spawn. Alternatively, you can archwing-walk-archwing cycle to speed things up. You can check the wiki for their spawn locations.

A thumper has alloy armor. I think you can solo them? I do those solo myself but I often have it distracted by something (Titania's razorfly, Being invisible etc ). You need to shoot at the green lights on their feet, and also at their weapons to disable them.

26 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

A thumper is a 4 legged "tank" with 3 different guns on its sides. They appear in the plains of eidolon and Its quite large and hard to miss, while making distinctive "Thumps" as it walks. Thumpers do not spawn if you are in archwing. You have to keep walking around for it to spawn. Alternatively, you can archwing-walk-archwing cycle to speed things up. You can check the wiki for their spawn locations.

Was in archwing passing near one of the grineer encampments and saw a Thumper...and basically took it out while flying around...so not sure thats correct

13 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Ask in Recruiting and people will likely be willing to carry you through Index.

Or ask clan mates. Not in a (good) clan? We have room.

I am in a clan that has everything unlocked, but no interactions or interactions required

8 hours ago, Matsetes said:

Run Venus bounties, out on the Orb Vallis. Each time you capture a Coildrive, it drops a guaranteed Rare mod