Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter

(XBOX)Leafrider8

So a year ago, I completed the chimera prologue. I got the paraceisis from the quest. Over the summer I tried to farm it. I got all of the materials and stupid ducats. When I tried to build it I looked down crestfallenly, to see that I needed to Mr 10. I was Mr 8. I basically sat and cried when I found out this. now I am stuck on  mr 9 trial(I'm not very stealthy). I constantly get to the last part and then fail.

Edited by (XB1)Leafrider8
Reasons

MR9 test is a little tough, check Youtube for a guide. There's a really good one that should come up as the first result if you search for "warframe mastery rank 9 test". If you watch that video, learn each part and practice the test at Cephalon Simaris, you'll find yourself completing it reliably enough to go for the real test.

• Like 2

MR9 is one of the harder ones from what I understand. MR19 test is just as BS, unfortunately, so you'll have to do it all over again eventually.

Supposedly Orvius can disintegrate corpses to help prevent failure. I'm trying it with the MR19 test, but haven't had luck.
Excal Umbra's Skiajati gives 5 seconds of invis whenever you do a finisher, so if you're quick enough, and careful enough, you might be able to pass it that way.
Red Veil's Rakta Dark Dagger reduces the range at which enemies can perceive you, so that's another option.
Redeemer can be used for some range, but be aware that it isn't Silent so you'll need Banshee (since her passive silences all weapons) in order to use it effectively.
If you want to spend the time farming, you can work on profit taker until you finish phase 3 and get your archgun deployer: then you can use your archgun to just blast everything from the starting point.

It really is a pretty BS test: at no point in the game are you told you cant use your frame's abilities to stealth things, so making a test that requires it is just silly.

Good luck to you.

Edited by Sentinel-14
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

Don't blame him, he's just an American Idiot. 

Sorry not sorry. 

Reveal hidden contents

Wrong band I know, get at me. 

You now share the hate.

Mainly because I know all of those songs and my brain is trying to mash them together.  I don't have headphones with me so I can't do anything about this but suffer. 

Oh linkin park ^.^ 

Well do you need a tutorial for mr 9 test ? Did you knew that the redeemer can be silent with banshee ?

* seems like it was changed 2 years ago ( Octavia’s Anthem: Hotfix 20.2.4) . now i feel old ^.^ 

Spoiler

Edited by trunks013
  • Like 1

Actually overwhelming yourself isnt a good idea, it's a game enjoy it and take your time.
You are MR 9 and feel stuck at a wall, look arround you and see all MR 20+, they was 9 in theyr early days.
Maybe it's time to rethink your way to play warframe and go check youtube to improve yourself.

Edited by AnuKaneDai
  • Like 1

A reminder for the MR9 test, you don't need to do a stealth finisher on the enemies. If you have a strong melee weapon you can just wack them. I believe they can see the bodies they just can't see you. You can use that to your advantage and get behind them when they are looking. 

Also if you have access to Wisp I suggest using her. When you're in the air you are invisible to enemies. A great way to get behind them and slash them.

Title thats a good song 3 doors down.

Unfortunently the mr 9 and 19 trials are really buggy now. The ai have a far greater level of awarness and can spot you from absurd distances.

When i had to do mr 9 on my fresher pc account i practiced it over a dozen times trying different things.

A youtube guide video is not as accurate as it was. The first 2 platforms i suggest sneaking up and killing with a finisher following the videos pattern.

The last platform i was only able to complete by cheesing it.  As soon as you jump down to spawn enemies go back to the previous platform.  And use the ramp structure to hide.

Use banshee and a gunblade. Crouch and use the charged gun shot to snipe enemies.  Always shoot at the enemies backs and make sure enemies are seperated.  Stay near the ramp so you can use it to block enemy vision.

This was how i did mr 9 even after its now harder.

Every speed mod on the Warframe and the skiajati made it a breeze. Just practice it a few times to see where they walk. It’s the same path every time. You can make it to each Grineer before the invisibility wears off.  Best of luck. 

Oh, and a few months ago the ai was beefed up so enemies are able to spot you a lot easier.  So I do understand your frustration. I just went and did the test again and it is obvious the a.i. can spot you very easily, before it was ridiculously easy.  But with the same tactic I mentioned I was able to do it no problem. 

Edited by (NSW)Austee

Just now, grindbert said:

wait, you've been playing for a year and you're still mr8?

you should probably consider quitting the game, it's gonna be 2254 until you get anywhere.

Folks progress at their own pace, regardless of your douchy replies.

To OP -
As someone noted above, check youtube for a video iof it and practice at Simaris in the relays ( stairs on the right of his room ).
GIven how downplayed stealth largely is in regular gameplay, it is not surprising it's not a well practiced concept. Don't worry, you'll get it. :satisfied:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

What is up with people and this mr9 test....? Am I genius....or is everyone else incompetent?

It got buffed and is now really buggy. So it is much harder.  Back before it got messed with i one shot it with ease.  Now though i went tried it again for kicks it was much harder.

On my fresher pc account i jad to practice it mulyiple times and hard cheese it.

The videos that use to work don't now as the ai will more easily spot you.

And it being mr 9 what gear options do people even have.  My pc account is mr 9 but does not have umbra, the skajati, or advanced operater gear/skills.   It only has the frames due yo prime access or unvsultings and their plat.  It has maybe 5 primaries 6 secondaries and 4 melee weapons.

New players probably won't have way to cheese it.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

3 minutes ago, kikasnoob said:

If you have an arch gun, just use that.

its very stealthy:)

Lol i doubt a mr 8 has the reps grinded to have a archgun launcher plus the ai would all see you the second shot once.

Its low level player gear options are limited.

I didn't have the archgun launcher till i was mr 17 plus and over s year of play.