Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: >100% Status Chance / Shotgun Megathread

SilverBones

4 minutes ago, (PS4)RookTheKnight said:

They changed that. All status effects have an equal chance to proc now. Check patch notes:

Wow. That's... wow. They really are completely reinventing status effects.

Thank you for the info.

8 minutes ago, rstripn said:

Wow. That's... wow. They really are completely reinventing status effects.

Thank you for the info.

No problem. I'm a bit worried though, as it's effectively an indirect nerf to slash. Slash is 4x LESS likely to proc now except on weapons that can force proc (melee stances, Hunter Munitions, etc.)

I also take issue with the fact that it was described as removing a 0.25x multiplier to elemental procs, when the community clearly understands it as a 4x multiplier to IPS procs. 

Total Proportional Damage = (Impact + Slash + Puncture) × 4 + Elemental + Elemental + ...

(From https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Status_Effect)

Sure, it may be coded that way internally, I don't know. Just seems a disingenuous way to represent it.

Edited by (PS4)RookTheKnight

Please look into shotguns and status chance. Having my favorite shotguns, all ones that could reach 100% status per pellet, now only be able to reach ~30% per pellet, feels very bad. In the dev stream we were told to wait it out and see it for ourselves before getting all doom and gloom. Well I've seen it for myself, it's far worse than I expected it to be. My Boar Prime, an already low tier gun, has been dumpstered because it no longer can do the one thing it was good at, mass spreading status.

• Like 1

Am 2.3.2020 um 19:00 schrieb [DE]Bear:

Impact

Repeat single-target Impact Status Effects will escalate the efficacy of the Impact Status (removed previous change of adding Ragdoll as maximum Stagger consequence).

So the knockdown on blast has always been terrible for guns because headshot hitboxes get even worse when on the ground. You removed knockdown from blast but it's now on impact which is so much worse because you cant get rid of impact as easily as just not modding for blast. Remove the knockdown, it actually helps enemies.

My own feedback that I would like to add is

Impact and Blast should be switched.

Magnetic status should have the effect of Void, and Void have its own effect. That way Magnetic would finally be interesting.

Viral is just OP.

EDIT : Gas is seriously underwhelming

Corrosive needs a bit of a buff :

• increase the max to 95% reduced armor 
  • increase the stack to 10% each
  • Increase base to 35%
Edited by Feuershark
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, (PS4)RookTheKnight said:

It's not a blatant lie, you just didn't read the patch notes.

The arsenal is now displaying your per-pellet status chance. It used to display your per SHOT status chance (meaning across 10 pellets you had a 37% chance to proc a status). If the same UI was in place prior to this patch it would have read 3.7% status chance.

Disclaimer: I'm a console pleb, so I'm unable to test anything. YMMV

my kuva brakk went from 100% status chance per pellet to 31% status chance per pellet, that's not an increase according to my math.

1 minute ago, Thural said:

my kuva brakk went from 100% status chance per pellet to 31% status chance per pellet, that's not an increase according to my math.

You 100% status chance per pellet was because of an awful spaghetti code, where 99% status chance was per shot, AKA a 10 pellet shot would have a 9.9% chance to proc status each, while 100% status was every pellet caused a status proc. Now it's normalised to be like every other weapon except they massively increased the status chance per pellet, so the 31% status chance is per pellet, with a shotgun, you're looking at 100% plus still, per trigger pull.

3 minutes ago, SerenityEuphoria said:

You 100% status chance per pellet was because of an awful spaghetti code, where 99% status chance was per shot, AKA a 10 pellet shot would have a 9.9% chance to proc status each, while 100% status was every pellet caused a status proc. Now it's normalised to be like every other weapon except they massively increased the status chance per pellet, so the 31% status chance is per pellet, with a shotgun, you're looking at 100% plus still, per trigger pull.

and?  Does that in any way whatsoever change the fact that my status chance is now lower than it used to be?  No, it doesn't, so yet another person completely missing the point.

also, a 10 pellet weapon with 99% status chance would have had 37% status chance per pellet.

Edited by Thural
  • Like 1

Just now, Thural said:

and?  Does that in any way whatsoever change the fact that my status chance is now lower than it used to be?  No, it doesn't, so yet another person completely missing the point.

No one is missing the point except you. If you're upset that your numbers went down, when the effectiveness of it stayed the same, if not actually massive increased, then I think that's on you, mister.

Just now, SerenityEuphoria said:

No one is missing the point except you. If you're upset that your numbers went down, when the effectiveness of it stayed the same, if not actually massive increased, then I think that's on you, mister.

the effectiveness of it did NOT stay the same, my status chance per pellet went from 100% to 31%, in what world is that the same?

Just now, Thural said:

the effectiveness of it did NOT stay the same, my status chance per pellet went from 100% to 31%, in what world is that the same?

You're a lost cause. Multiple people have told you how it works, and how it use to work. I'm sorry you're having trouble understanding.

now, lenz = memes

1x cold proc = 25% slow = enemies can slowly glide out of lenz explosion radius or into periphery where they take 10% damage. nice mega-nerf.

now, any aoe weapon with slow bullet/projectile velocity = memes too

e.g. staticor charge attack. either walk right up to the enemies' faces and stagger yourself to get 100% damage or shoot from further but you better have your targeting computer or the force void on your side coz otherwise, you're not hitting 100% damage ever.

now, any slow-firing weapon that can't crit = memes

what? you mean you're a grenade launcher like the penta and can't quickly stack status procs like a rifle or damage with crit multipliers like anything with crit and also can't hit hard like the kuva ogris/bramma? well, sucks to be you, coz DE has no idea how their own game works and instead of just fixing armor scaling like they should have done years ago, they decided to ram a million different changes into one patch, so we can't test what the armor scaling is like now compared to before coz they changed all the status procs too, along with how certain procs stack and the status chance of shotgun pellets, and railjack, and liches, and..

you know what? the last bit of wisdom DE showed was with the gradual changes to melee 2.99999999999... since then, kuva liches bombed on release, railjack bombed on release and they're supposed to release the new quest soon, right after a huge patch that changes how damage and status procs interact in a complicated way and is still trying to fix problems from their last two big content patches. sigh.. kinda sad that DE can't seem to get out of this downhill slide. keep things simple, maybe? overpromising and underDElivering should not be a thing and i've seen a lot of that in the last couple of years.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thural said:

just try it out in game/simulacrum. while the numbers look different, practically, with the armor changes and everything, the shotguns i have seem to proc roughly the same. just be aware that some procs need to be stacked now and there have been some major changes to their effects too. blame DE for making so many changes to so many systems at once that we can't tell what is what and basically have to relearn damage from scratch.

Just now, Shy0 said:

just try it out in game/simulacrum. while the numbers look different, practically, with the armor changes and everything, the shotguns i have seem to proc roughly the same. just be aware that some procs need to be stacked now and there have been some major changes to their effects too. blame DE for making so many changes to so many systems at once that we can't tell what is what and basically have to relearn damage from scratch.

I did try it out in game, going from all of my pellets applying status to a third of them applying status.  Not to mention shotguns can only proc one type of status effect per shot.

some weapons seem to be better, some more or less unchanged so from rough initial tryout testing of a few weapons id say a buff on average.

big issue is the change of gas proccs. causing toxin proccs was an advantage in many situations, not just to circumvent shields but also paired with armor stripping dots like pox's cloud it provided additional dot. its a huge nerf to this status effect and i dont see how the "crit was king, now its time for status to shine too" applies to gas now. its dead against armor unless a frame removes all of it or corr +some CPs but its also meh against shields now from what i can tell so far.

please reconsider the gas change in terms of the how the procc works. duration is fine but the procc...just check out the classic gas/elec lanka...it used to be so very very good and now due to this update its more meh than anything compared to before, just due to that "simple" change of the procc.

Read through the changes, and am still a but unclear about a couple things.

for a shotgun: 

• "Status/ Projectile: 9.6%". Cool. So uhh. How many projectiles are fired by this weapon?
  • Multishot: 13.2  ..k. What does that mean?

Thanks

So I have a bigger opinion about status overall. Hear me out please.

FIRST - MODS

I love the change with over 100% status, it is a good step in a good direction BUT there are no mods to sustain such needs for builds for status. Crit have so many mods for Critical chance idk for headshots after reload etc. Yet Status have no such mods so its makes status builds a little... less likely.

SECOND - FUNCTIONALITY OF "STARTING" STATUSES

Slash has always been "The King" of statuses just because of the pure DPS aspect of it. Its numbers and effect were always supreme while Puncture and Impact always lacked in functionality.

Keep in mind that Impact and Puncture and Slash are 3 damage types that the new player will meet on their way in the game!

I think you know it is very popular around community to be like: "Is the new weapon slash weapon? No? Meh..."

It is because Slash is something Corrosive has become! Slash is purely supreme and nerfing it wont change anything. I think only bringing up other "starting" statuses may improve the experience and not only that! It may make the game more pleasent for new players. How?

How to FIX "Starting" Statuses:

Slash - Neutral stays the same though would not ignore armor or shields - you either need to strip shield or armor to make a succesful powerfull bleeds.

Puncture - Strong against armor weak against shields, Status proc: Reduces target's armor in the VERY SPOT you were shooting at by 10%/20%/30% etc. So for example if you blasted full magazine into Grineer's chest, the armor would be only stripped here and with cooperation with corrosive could make a spot 100% strip.

Impact - Strong against shields, weak against armor, Status proc: Chance to strike a critical hit on a shield!

Why such changes? Few reasons:

1. Better functionality - if we would like an effect like stagger or damage reduction it could be moved to another more specific status that player can choose to build.

2. It is easier - New players would find it easier to understand as its similar to Rock/Paper/Scisors or Type adventages/disadventages in pokemon for example.

3. Better combination of statuses - These changes would make it feel like starting statuses would cooperate with "late game" ones like Puncture-Corrosive combo, Impact-Magnetic, Slash-corrosive, slash-magnetic.

OTHER STATUSES FUNCTIONALITY

As I said I think changes are really nice but there are sill a few things to tweak:

Corrosive - Now compared to Viral and Magnetic... its just very weak. Since armor tweaks went live I think it should have its old functionality or leave this one and connect it with Puncture changes i suggested above. You added 2 burst damage statuses and nerfed utility one, you know Warframe community, you know how charts will look: Magnetic and Viral kings of the game while other lay burrowed in dirt.

Viral/Magnetic - Really nice changes and works well as well.

Blast - Really nice idea though as I said... I would try to make functionality of impact move more onto blast and keep its above 100% effect.

Electric - Move Puncture functionality into Electric damage as we have... 2 stagger statuses now. Why not make electric puncture, change impact into shields killer and leave CCing to Blast?

Others I did not play around with much yet so excuse my lack of full opinion on all of them

===========================================================================

In Summary:

New changes are really good but in my opinion Puncture, Slash and Impact really could use these changes as it would be easier for the new player and give more build ideas, more choices into our hands and increse satisfaction with using other statuses beside slash. Adding combo-statuses also would feel for combos even between weapons! Having your pistol be your slash status monster and rifle shield/armor stripper and it would even encourage players to change weapons and combo the statuses. Pistols would get more usage and would encourage people to invest into them.

Thank you for reading, these changes are something I always dreamed for Warframe and I believe it would really, really benefit the game!

Have a good day ❤️

2 hours ago, IgnisDraconis4316 said:

Still using how it was supposed to go even at 100% if it was split between 3 projectiles it should only be around 33% for each bullet to proc.

Huh? That's not how it works right now and it didn't work like that before the update.

The old status chance showed you the chance to get at least one proc. And the only way to have 100% chance of at least one proc is when all of the pellets are 100% guaranteed to proc. 100% used to mean that all pellets proc every shot.

Except the whole idea of "chance to get at least 1 proc" was confusing, so they changed it so that it shows the actual status chance of each pellet now and use it for calculating bonuses from mods.

2 hours ago, IgnisDraconis4316 said:

So 16 bullets only 4 bullets procced. So if you follow the idea that 300% status means that 4 stats should procc a shot....... with shotguns did it force 4 procs?

With the current system 300% status chance should mean that all of your pellets get 3 procs each.

Your Tigris has 38% status chance though. Where'd you get 300% from?

Each of the 8 tigris pellets has its own 38% status chance. There's always a chance that all of them proc, but on average you should get 3-4 pellets per shot.

46 minutes ago, SerenityEuphoria said:

so the 31% status chance is per pellet, with a shotgun, you're looking at 100% plus still

Probability doesn't work like that though

When you have 31% chance per pellet, there's always a chance that all of your pellets roll the 69% of not proccing. That is nearly not 100% plus

The way to look at it is that on average 31% of all the pellets you shoot should proc. There's always a chance that it could proc more or fewer pellets though.

Edited by VentiGlondi

Please fix gas, current math is pretty weak, especially compared to before. Along with that swapping the blast and impact proc would be great, having a stagger forced onto you weapon has always been annoying, this would make it an opt in, and I wouldn't mind the ragdoll effect to be added again if it was on blast.

As for puncture, reducing an enemies damage by 75% after 10 procs or so is useless, I would be much better off having slash to just kill them quicker, a dead enemy does 100% less damage. I could say the same about cold and radiation, but they have a niche with aoe weapons and large crowds, So really just puncture sticks out as being entirely useless still, so good job on the whole.

il y a 53 minutes, Feuershark a dit :

Viral is just OP.

well not really. going for corro + fire will still give you more damage to grineer than viral.
corpus is already weak to poison, no need to go viral and hurt the shield.
infested has resistance to viral damage. so the viral damage buff isn't as great against them. you will deal enough damage anyway with corro + fire.

35 minutes ago, Meneliki said:

Read through the changes, and am still a but unclear about a couple things.

for a shotgun: 

• "Status/ Projectile: 9.6%". Cool. So uhh. How many projectiles are fired by this weapon?
  • Multishot: 13.2  ..k. What does that mean?

Thanks

The first stat lists the status chance that each projectile has: "status% per projectile".

The second stat lists the number of projectiles fired. 13.2 means it always fires 13, with a 20% chance of firing +1. 

---------------------

My riven'd Mara Detron feels like a wet fart now, Gas is utterly anemic. Not only are there far fewer procs in general, the damage output feels weak and since Gas now follows the target, kills massively decrease effectiveness. Blasting through a corridor of Corpus on Narcissus, Pluto barely kills enemies taking direct hits - and if the stricken enemies *do* die, nothing else will because that kills off the Gas AoE. It used to be my go-to for many a Sortie mission, but if it doesn't even feel powerful on a regular Star Chart mission, I'm afraid it'll be shelved until further notice. 

• Like 1