Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh: Part 2!

[DE]Rebecca

32 minutes ago, IgnisDraconis4316 said:

For all the idiots complaining about Impact Procs. 

Unless you are using mainly impact weapons or have 300% to 400% status on your weapons that deal mostly Impact you will not notice it. 

I too hated using Astilla, Boar, Strun, Sobek, Phantasma, Buzlok, Grakata, Karak, Gorgon, Grinlok, Chakkhurr, Burston. can't wait to see them get screwed by impact changes /s

Clarification needed on Corrosive:

1. Are the subsequent 6% reduction a percentage of max armor or current? Max armor would make more sense, since 26% + 6%*9 = 80% exactly.
  2. Do additional stacks refresh the duration of previous stacks, or do they wear off in a FIFO manner? IMO they should refresh previous stacks, and once 8s duration is up, they should not instantly revert to max armor but rather lose stacks over time.

Clarification needed on Viral:

1. Does it multiply only the viral component or the whole bullet's damage? I assume it affects each multishot pellet individually.
  2. Does this multiplication affect DoT status procs the same way critical hits do?

5 minutes ago, Xsoskeleton said:

Do you really never checked the Damage 2.5 they tried to issue prior to Khora release? It's the same, sorry, trash idea, of impact proc, even the puncture proc is the same as well though that was the least concerning.

Yep that was over two years ago, an eternity in Warframe. The highly revered melee rework I'm referencing was several months ago. My guess is DE has learned a thing or two since then. Only time will tell.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Magus Accelerant

On Rank 5: On Void Blast:

Reduce Enemy Resistance to Heat Damage by 65%

Magus Anomaly

On Rank 5: On Transference In:

Enemies within 30m are pulled towards Warframe

Magus Cadence

On Rank 5: On Void Dash:

100% chance for +90% Sprint Speed for 12s

Magus Cloud

On Rank 5: On Void Mode:

+300% Void Dash Radius for 6s

Magus Destruct

Reduce Enemy Resistance to Puncture Damage by 65%

Magus Drive

Increase K-Drive Speed by 150% for 30s

Magus Elevate

95% chance to restore 300 Health to Warframe

Magus Firewall

Generate Void Particles every 1s up to 6 particles, each granting 12,5% Damage Reduction for 60s. Taking damage consumes a particle.

Magus Glitch

On Rank 5: On Transference Static:

102% chance to negate Transference Static

Magus Husk

On Rank 5: On Transference Out:

+150 Armor

Magus Lockdown

Drop a mine that tethers up to 10 enemies in 15m. After 4s it explodes dealing 60% of their Health as Puncture Damage.

Magus Melt

Increase Heat Damage in Operator Mode by 20% for 15s, stacking up to 7x.

Magus Nourish

Restores 35 Health/s to Warframe

Magus Overload

Stun robotic enemies for 3s, which then discharge Electricity Damage dealing 80% of their Max Health to anyone within 25.

Magus Repair

Heal Warframes within 30m by 25% Health/s.

Magus Replenish

100% chance to heal 30% Health.

Magus Revert

Use again within 3s, to return the Operator to their original position at no energy cost, Restores 60 Health. 3s cooldown.

Magus Vigor:

+300 Health

What we are doing now is:

No damage buffs have been added, but any weapons with AOE are receiving ~20% increase in Radius. Additionally, AOE weapons are receiving a 90% Radial Damage Falloff from central impact. This means on the very outer section of the explosion Radius 10% of the Damage will be dealt. Tactics will be deadly - aim true, Tenno. 

Why: Several players brought up the history of the Tonkor and we want to make sure we ship this change in a place that’s conservative in its starting point from a balance perspective. The complete removal of Self Damage does change the pace of destruction with some of the game’s most powerful weapons, so we want to make sure we can iterate upwardly instead of releasing a bonanza of explosions with no other choices. 

I totally understand the notion of wanting to avoid a Tonkor 2.0 situation but a straight 90% damage fall off is quite a massive blow to AoE weapons in general don't you think? I'm not saying that they shouldn't be touched at all but dealing only 1/10th of the damage to anywhere outside the center just completely ignores the purpose of using an AoE weapon in the first place: to inflict high damage in an area of effect. I don't mind having to aim and just spamming a weapon in a general direction sounds dumb as hell, especially now that the punishment is no where near as before, but I don't think dealing minimal damage outside of the crosshair is a good idea to offset the removal of self damage, the popularity of AoE weapons might even drop with this. Maybe there's details I'm missing or something you guys haven't outlined yet, which hopefully I am

Just now, Nasair said:

Is that the problem for the ground enemies? They feel really tanky.

Not sure what you mean by ground. If you mean enemies in non-railjack missions, yeah it's probably armor you're dealing with which is what this update is addressing. 

If you mean enemies in Railjack missions that board / are on points of interest, it's not armor at all it's just massive amounts of health, which I actually like. 

The 90% damage falloff is a bit freaking extreme don't you think!? even at 50% I thought "well that's a bit much but at least AOE weapons will still be usable"

Honestly I cannot see AOE weapons being played anymore since the only reason people picked them in the first place was because they could take out multiple enemies. otherwise every AOE weapon has major drawbacks that make it not worth using if you're only going to be killing 1-2 enemies per shot.

1 minute ago, OperatorPrime said:

I totally understand the notion of wanting to avoid a Tonkor 2.0 situation but a straight 90% damage fall off is quite a massive blow to AoE weapons in general don't you think? I'm not saying that they shouldn't be touched at all but dealing only 1/10th of the damage to anywhere outside the center just completely ignores the purpose of using an AoE weapon in the first place: to inflict high damage in an area of effect. I don't mind having to aim and just spamming a weapon in a general direction sounds dumb as hell, especially now that the punishment is no where near as before, but I don't think dealing minimal damage outside of the crosshair is a good idea to offset the removal of self damage, the popularity of AoE weapons might even drop with this. Maybe there's details I'm missing or something you guys haven't outlined yet, which hopefully I am

if it is what I'm thinking then may I suggest gradual damage fall off up to 50% maximum

Impact

Repeat single-target Impact Status Effects will escalate the efficacy of the Impact Status (from Stagger to full Ragdoll).

Please, please remove any sort of ragdolling from any sort of status or ability. It's unfun, and makes hitting shots all the more difficult, especially if you end up launching an enemy into orbit.

Just now, (NSW)ohgodzilla said:

Not sure what you mean by ground. If you mean enemies in non-railjack missions, yeah it's probably armor you're dealing with which is what this update is addressing. 

If you mean enemies in Railjack missions that board / are on points of interest, it's not armor at all it's just massive amounts of health, which I actually like. 

Ground enemies as in when they board you or you go into bases/ships. The enemies you don't kill with your RJ or Archwing.
Oh, they just have too much health, okay, well I thought it was armor, so my bad. I don't enjoy bullet sponges for non lich-boss enemies.

Just now, Malziel said:

Please, please remove any sort of ragdolling from any sort of status or ability. It's unfun, and makes hitting shots all the more difficult, especially if you end up launching an enemy into orbit.

The Grineer Space Program lives on.

How about making aoe weapons deals diminishing 100% to 50% damage within their original (older) explosion radius, and the 50% falling to 10% on the extra bit of explosion radius buffed in upcoming update? instead of just straight up 100%-10% fall off ratio from epicenter to new outer radius cuz that way the decent damage ratio would be less than the old explosion radius.

Archived