Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh: Part 2!

[DE]Rebecca

57 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

@Kaotyke

The only problem would be extremely tanky units like certain bosses (ambulas sortie for example), you have an opening of 8 seconds and then you need to redo the armor striping to help everyone kill the boss.

Were talking about a very minute amount of enemies and by default you'll do more damage anyway since armor won't scale to high up unless you're on the insane enemy levels.

So overall, 1 step foward, 1 step backwards, you'll complete things in the exact same amount of time, complaining is pointless.

In an exterminate mission, you can't be taking 10 seconds per enemy, the mission can't be completed under the timer it has set.

Oh, I know. The only enemies that take more than 10s for me to kill aside from most bosses are the Anomaly Sentients and that's because they move too much with very tight hitboxes.

The only issue I have with this update is the Impact being a knockdown when stacked. I would have preferred it to be a stagger like when Effigy roars.

Overall, I'm pretty chill with this update. 

Not that others will be. I'm just expecting saltly salt for me to watch and I'm not being disappointed. 

Just now, Jarriaga said:

You do know that several melee weapon stances have force impact proces even if the weapon itself has 0 impact damage, right?

But with the new changes will they proc 14 at the same time if they can't even reach 200% status? These "escalations" are for when you have higher than 200% status. READ. THE. THREAD.

Just now, (NSW)crunk said:

Yeah, he and others didn't get buffs but I don't believe they realistically need it, especially nidus lol

I'm rather inclined that he needs a nerf in that regard. my comment was merely about if he was the only one left out and and if it was intended or oversight and then noticed right after that he wasn't the only one.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

EDIT: We are reviewing how Ragdoll feels and may change pending feedback.

nice that you are considering a change. Ragdolls are a pain to deal with. They completely throw off a players aim. At least with blast its bearable because blast is a knockdown. (predictable animation)

Repeat single-target Impact Status Effects will escalate the efficacy of the Impact Status (from Stagger to full Ragdoll).
EDIT: We are reviewing how Ragdoll feels and may change pending feedback. EXPECT AN UPDATE TODAY ON THIS NOTE! 

Looks like Arcane Ultimatum is still being hit with a much bigger nerf-hammer than other armour buffing arcanes. Even for +1200 armour, giving only an 8s duration is way too low.

Compared to Guardian, which will be up quite a lot of the time (even with a cooldown), it is still seriously inferior because of how easy it is to trigger.

Ultimatum takes active effort to trigger. Typically I use it with Excalibur so have to blind and then finish the enemy. Guardian requires you to be shot ~10 times and passively activates.

I think that the duration should be brought to 20s (you could even reduce the armour gained to 900 as well if you feel the need), especially considering how powerful Arcane Tanker (+2400 for 24s when equipping archgun) is as well. There's no reason to need a 'weakest' armour buffing arcane, especially if it is one that actually offers some synergy with abilities.

Other than that and Impact Status, everything looks bloody brilliant.

Just now, HomicidalGrouse said:

And yet, I've also mentioned ghouls and thermia fractures... which, need I remind you, in the case of thermia fractures, are required to play certain content, and are readily available with very little downtime.

Scarlet Spear has presented as being a launching point for a lot of future content.

The existence of plague star and acolytes doesn't reinforce your concerns. There are different events in this game that have different rarity and durations. Your argument is invalid and your concerns are nothing short of assumptions you're making in order to keep your conspiracies and fearmongering alive.

Um where did you mention ghouls and thermia fractures... they've magically been mentioned all of a sudden yet they're nowhere else to be seen....

So I'm just going to ignore you now because it's pretty clear you're just writing anything to try and dig yourself out of the whole you've created for yourself. 

1 minute ago, IgnisDraconis4316 said:

But with the new changes will they proc 14 at the same time if they can't even reach 200% status? These "escalations" are for when you have higher than 200% status. READ. THE. THREAD.

That's not the point. You can't melee hit your target when it goes flying away thanks to a ragdoll. Heck, Rending Crane (Heavy Blade) has impact procs in all of its individual hits in all 4 of its combos.

Edited 1 minute ago by Jarriaga

I really like the vast majority of the status changes; however, the impact changes feel like a bit of a bummer to be honest.

Impact causing staggers makes logical sense, but going into a full ragdoll state will cause a lot of problems if it happens too often. Ragdolling enemies without being able to predict when it will happen makes it very difficult to remain accurate with guns.

I would propose changing Impact into a brief stun that opens enemies to melee finishers without knocking the enemies over. A stun makes headshotting easier so guns like it, and finisher openings are great for taking out priority targets in melee.

1 minute ago, Aadi880 said:

nice that you are considering a change. Ragdolls are a pain to deal with. They completely throw off a players aim. At least with blast its bearable because blast is a knockdown. (predictable animation)

You know, I think ragdolling is fun, but I'd consider a knockdown effect a good compromise. You still get great CC but at least your enemy remains in place. The best of both worlds.

2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

The only issue I have with this update is the Impact being a knockdown when stacked

It was actually a ragdoll rather than jusst knockdown, so the direction they flung onto is random as well.
Good thing Rebecca finally realized that the community already protested about impact stacking into ragdoll although it took few years to realzie its bad cuz back then it was overshadowed by Slash nerf idea back then.

No damage buffs have been added, but any weapons with AOE are receiving ~20% increase in Radius. Additionally, AOE weapons are receiving a 90% Radial Damage Falloff from central impact. This means on the very outer section of the explosion Radius 10% of the Damage will be dealt. Tactics will be deadly - aim true, Tenno.
Why: Several players brought up the history of the Tonkor and we want to make sure we ship this change in a place that’s conservative in its starting point from a balance perspective. The complete removal of Self Damage does change the pace of destruction with some of the game’s most powerful weapons, so we want to make sure we can iterate upwardly instead of releasing a bonanza of explosions with no other choices. 

If that's your way to balance out the lack of self-damage, then it's really dumb.  Not the first time when "weird" trade-offs occurr, to be fair. Is there a needle in someone's "places" who's eager to provide one big or two negatives for one positive? Could've just added "Concussion" debuff with -75% Accuracy for X seconds instead.

some of the more powerful AOE weapons without Self Damage presently will have the Stagger added, but it should only be noticeable in cases of extreme inaccuracy on the player’s part.

There won't be any cautious on the players' side at all, they will be running into enemies and "rocketjumping" there. As if old abuse of Trin, her Link and Explosive weapons taught nothing.

Repeat single-target Impact Status Effects will escalate the efficacy of the Impact Status (from Stagger to full Ragdoll).

Is it being made this way for "lulz, look at dis, it's so funny, hahaha!" reasons or actually trying to improve the Status effect? Because it sure looks like the former. Not like we recently (or long before) had situations where ragdolled enemies were invincible/unkillable or just annoyingly pinballing around. Why not at least open them up for finishers? Or knock the weapons off their hands. Ragdoll is good when it's appropriate and intentional. When I intentionally ground slam with Jat Kittag, not when RNG decides it's time for my Gun/MOA/Sentinel to send my target to orbit when I'm trying to land a headshot.

More importantly though, with the complete Enemy defenses rescale these Auras (mostly Corrosive Projection) will not be as necessary as they were.

Yet they will be. You know why? Because most of the other Auras isn't worth it at all. And practically are joke. Weapon AMPs should've been merged into one Aura long time ago as well as the Scavenger ones. AND ONLY THEN they'd be some competition to being used (not being an excuse for players not having better auras)

Rejuvenation restores 3HP per second (x4 auras = 12HP/s), what a joke...

Enemy/Loot Radars, while being #1 and #2 choice for auras, aren't spherical, thus practically useless in the vertical/RJ mode.

And then there's this one:

latest?cb=20171007144328

- Ineffective alone and even at 100% Efficiency.

- Requires Overshields being inactive so no Overshielding.

- Doesn't work with toggled abilities.

We think being consistent is key.

Sure helped with warframe exilus slots and Drift mods. Also, for the sake of consistency:

This mod fits the Wexilus slot:

latest?cb=20191101055425

This mod doesn't:

latest?cb=20171007150751

Radiation

The first Radiation Status Effect has an enemy deal 100% Damage to allies. Subsequent Radiation Status adds +50% damage, leading to up to 550% (capped). Each Radiation Status Effect has a duration of 12 seconds.

This sure will come in handy when that affected enemy will be getting staggered and ragdolled away from his buddies thanks to players' Impact procs :facepalm:

Puncture

The first Puncture Status Effect has an enemy deal 30% less Damage. Subsequent Puncture Status add +5% weakening, leading to up to 75% (capped). Each Puncture Status has a duration of 6 Seconds.

This sure will help when Bombard's  5000 3750 points of damage meet the warframe's face, or RJ enemies:

And another elephant in the room is that you refuse to increase damage tick rate from "per second" to "per 0.35 or 0.50 sec", because by the time your 6 seconds for DoT finish your target will be long dead.

1000 damage in ticks over 6s vs 1000 damage per bullet. Feel the difference?

We think

That's the issue. Everyone related to balancing and game mechanics should play the game. And play it like everybody else does, not some Mercury-Venus tiers with Godmode on. Numbers on a paper and numbers in practice are very different things. Someone thought that Damage 2.5 was good and ready to push. Someone still thinks that having rare 25/50HP orb drops from specific sources is totally fine. Someone still thinks that "receiving 300 Polymers for spending 20 minutes trying to find a cache while gathering 3000 from drops" is rEwArDiNg. And now someone decided that engdame rewards, the arcanes, aren't fair for balance and require Cooldown mechanics. Sigh...

I love majority of the changes just kinda wish there were more details on things like do status effects work on enemies that last long enough to have it matter because who cares if puncture now has a higher cap the enemy will die before it can actuallybe used. Also wish magnetic was more magnetic because otherwise it's still meh

@[DE]Rebecca Can different status types combo when affecting an enemy?

For example; You put a Heat proc on an enemy, then switch to your secondary to apply an Electric proc to the same enemy, resulting in a new Radiation proc. This could also apply if your teammate shoots the enemy with an Electric weapon to combo off of your Heat proc.

This would make cooperative play more interesting and fun. I would love to see this implemented in the future.

These current changes to status seem really nice, and I really like how all of the damage types seem unique. Hopefully this will encourage diversity of builds and the usage of single status types.

9 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Um where did you mention ghouls and thermia fractures... they've magically been mentioned all of a sudden yet they're nowhere else to be seen....

So I'm just going to ignore you now because it's pretty clear you're just writing anything to try and dig yourself out of the whole you've created for yourself. 

As I stated, I was already explaining it to someone else before you bothered to bring it up. You and I were talking about reward rates before you tried to shift the conversation to event frequency, remember?

I happen to be very consistent with my views and arguments on things. The fact that you missed it or want to try to start ignoring my arguments in an effort to showcase some kind of contradiction is just further proof that you can't back up your own argument with substantive points.

Also, I'm not sure how I could dig myself out a "whole"... but I don't think I've placed myself in one to begin with. The facts remain. Scarlet Spear is an event that's bringing a bunch of different major gameplay features along with it, it's the start of a major continuation of the main storyline, and it's a way to get arcanes that doesn't involve hunting Eidolons. These facts combine to strongly suggest that the common fearmongering nonsense being perpetuated by people like yourself, that it's going to take far too long to earn Arcanes... does not hold merit.

1. Puncture should be like Particle but with less insane scalig
  2. Impact should get Puncture's "weaken"
  3. Corrosive status damage should deal damage to armor (like Mag's Polarize), not reduce it by a %.
  4. Status stacking shouldn't be based on hits, it should be "health thresholds". So if an enemy has 1000 health and you deal 500 cold status damage, the enemy should immediately be slowed by 50%. Or if you only deal 50 damage then it should only be slowed by 5%. Apply this logic to ALL status effects. This would make it so high rate of fire weapons wouldn't have an insane edge over low rate of fire weapons.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

I'm confused about the Viral changes. 

So, now it's an additional burst of damage that bypasses shields (presumably not armor)? Isn't that just a non-DoT version of Toxic? If so, isn't one going to be mathematically superior than the other making the other completely unnecessary?

From how it reads it's a defense debuff on the enemy. Subsequent hits will do extra damage while the viral procs are active.

With one stack it's mathematically identical to the old version of Viral. An enemy with half of its hp stays alive for half as long, and an enemy with all of its hp but takes twice the damage also stays alive for half as long.

Now we can just stack it up so the effective health of enemies is much lower. Slash Viral got a massive buff.

Archived