Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh: Part 2!

[DE]Rebecca

23 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The first Corrosive Status Effect strips 26% Armor. Subsequent Corrosive Status Effects strip 6% more Armor, leading up to 80% Armor removal.

Will enemies stripped of 80% armour show a red health bar? I don't want to assume there is more armour I can reduce, something that stands out! See below why colours are a problem.
Full Armour Health Bar: ----------------- (21% - 100% armour) Orange
Reduced Armour Health Bar: -----------------  (20% armour left) Red
Coloured health bars can be a problem for some colour blind people, Perhaps a broken shield icon that remains once armour is reduced to 20% (Armour Broken Status)
0C4xyUd.png

5 minutes ago, main_antagonist said:

Will enemies stripped of 80% armour show a red health bar? I don't want to assume there is more armour I can reduce, something that stands out! See below why colours are a problem.
Full Armour Health Bar: ----------------- (21% - 100% armour) Orange
Reduced Armour Health Bar: -----------------  (20% armour left) Red
Coloured health bars can be a problem for some colour blind people, Perhaps a broken shield icon that remains once armour is reduced to 20% (Armour Broken Status)
0C4xyUd.png

I'd like 3 bars  shield ==== armor xxxx health <<<<                             

corpus =======XXX<<    grineer  XXXXXX<<<<<     infested  X<<<<<<<<<<

39 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Are you taking into account Coation Drift?

Coaction_Drift.a5bbff636209c94e31a080e86

If Corrosive Projection caps at 80%, then even with Coaction Drift the armor will only be reduced by 92%. It would still be substantial, but it won't cause the passive removal of all armor throughout a mission for all level ranges.

2 minutes ago, Gailus said:

If Corrosive Projection caps at 80%, then even with Coaction Drift the armor will only be reduced by 92%. It would still be substantial, but it won't cause the passive removal of all armor throughout a mission for all level ranges.

I'm assuming there is a cap where it can't go below 20%

I think the better option for auras would have been to rebalance the baseline values to be higher, but have a diminishing return for stacking them. That'd mean that solo players aren't strictly at a 25% effectiveness disadvantage compared to full squads, without completely devaluing the effect of stacked auras.

2 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

I think the better option for auras would have been to rebalance the baseline values to be higher, but have a diminishing return for stacking them. That'd mean that solo players aren't strictly at a 25% effectiveness disadvantage compared to full squads, without completely devaluing the effect of stacked auras.

I'm 100% behind this idea

I'm vibing with all these changes, game's needed an update to the damage system forever

Two red flags though

Impact ragdolling? We hate how impact procs affect the ability to hit headshots currently, with how small of a stagger it is. Launching them across the room... No. No thank you. Nope.

Radial damage fall off up to 90%? That defeats the purpose of radial damage. I'd rather keep the self-damage than that. Besides, the stagger you get hitting yourself will get you killed at high levels anyway, so you're dead regardless.

Impact ragdolling better be going away, unless Rebb was just chumming the waters. Ragdolling is hilarious, once

Personally, I've always thought that Impact should cripple - smash bone, dent armor, damage servos - resulting in a slow / unable to use a limb / unable to move. Yes, overlapping with cold, but so what.

And Puncture? Puncture should have a chance to enhance crits, increasing with the stacked status procs. Slices bleed, but stab wounds kill. 

14 hours ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

Iron skin and the meta games to ramp it up are what make rhino a tank

I'm not going to say otherwise (I love playing Rhino, I see what you mean) ; it's just the stats are still pretty weak for his "role" in my opinion.

On 2020-03-04 at 2:38 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Impact

Repeat single-target Impact Status Effects will escalate the efficacy of the Impact Status (from Stagger to full Ragdoll).
EDIT: We are reviewing how Ragdoll feels and may change pending feedback. EXPECT AN UPDATE TODAY ON THIS NOTE! EDIT 2: No more Ragdoll

I think the problem here is that Impact's stagger isn't something we really want - we end up moving the target out of our crosshairs, or away from us (and as you've noticed, ragdolling not all that useful).

Instead why not make successive Impact procs knock targets down, open them to ground finishers and add a damage boost to downed targets?

I think a damage boost is needed for downed targets, because headshots are much harder to get - I don't want to knock targets down if that costs me headshots, so make every hit on a downed target equivalent to a headshot to make it worth knocking them down.

On 2020-03-04 at 2:38 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Magnetic

New Status Effect entirely: enhanced Damage! First Magnetic Status Effect deals 100% additional Shield damage, subsequent Magnetic Status add +25% for a total of 325% (capped). Enemies under a Magnetic Status Effect cannot regenerate Shields. Magnetic Status Duration is now 6 seconds.

This makes Magnetic good at stripping shields, but it's still weak once they are stripped, and of course I could just use Toxin to bypass them.

This will make Magnetic a useful secondary effect, maybe for things like the Opticor, and I guess if you're going to introduce some new fast-regen shield-tank enemies.

But, why would I ever take Magnetic when I could take Toxin or Gas?

I think it would be more fun if magnetic was good for killing enemies, not just setting them up for something else to kill them.

How about: Feedback Surge Magnetic Proc - damage done to procced shields does enhanced damage to the target's health, on top of the fact that shields are weak to Magnetic in the first place.

Magnetic is weak against everything else, so it should be stronger against shields than Toxin/Gas, otherwise it's just not useful.

21 hours ago, ADirtyMonk said:

Glad to see magnetic is finally more useful although I doubt it will trump Toxin which flat out ignores shields AND only costs one mod slot. There is currently no enemy with shields that is immune to toxin damage and no enemy shields that negate toxin damage AFAIK making toxin the superior choice every time unless you're in that odd place in mid game where your toxin damage isnt high enough to brute force corpus HP.

According to the wiki, Demolysts and Demolishers are immune to status effects when their shields are up.  They are not a common enemy type, however.  Maybe a buff to enemy shields is in order, maybe not.  We will see.

I like these changes. The armor buff benefits all the frames with lower survivability; Volt doesn't have to run as fast, Trinity doesn't have to cast link & blessing all the time, Chroma can keep sucking his thumb while rocking back and fourth in the fetal position, and I don't have to have Pacify & Provoke on every single time I'm close to death.

I'm sort of glad that Corrosive got nerfed while Magnetic got buffed. The armor values went WAY down, so I don't care, and Magnetic was bested by everything. However, can someone help me understand what changed about slash, toxin, & gas?

Self Stagger on weapons that didn't even have self damage in the first place? A bit excessive, but it could be worked around by aiming.

However, I disagree with the amount of explosion falloff for self staggering weapons now.  I can understand if the intent is to make players more accurate. But 90% Damage lost? That makes dead accurate shots required to kill things, like I'm using a sniper rifle. I would settle for 50% or even 75%. But with 10% damage left over from the falloff, good luck trying to hit that Energy Leech Eximus Scorpion that's 30 meters away with your Ogris.

2 minutes ago, PseudoSystem said:

According to the wiki, Demolysts and Demolishers are immune to status effects when their shields are up.  They are not a common enemy type, however.  Maybe a buff to enemy shields is in order, maybe not.  We will see.

More crucially, as I recall my own testing from the event, they're immune to all health damage while shields are up. Any toxin damage and (currently) Slash bleeds are zeroed until/unless shield is removed. Including what's ticking away the instant it starts to recharge.

Part of why I pushed my endurance squaddies to go for 100% shield disruption, since it's miserable having the bulk of your damage lol-noped like that. Besides, corrosive projection counted for what, the Alkonost and Oxium Ospreys which suicide anyway?

23 hours ago, alchemi80 said:

Lol at the impact complaints. Ragdolling is hilarious and I'm glad of the change.

Consider: easy enemies will never be ragdolled because they are going to die in 1-2 seconds anyway.

Difficult enemies (200+ bombards, etc.) can be ragdolled (if status% is high AND it's highest in the proc order...) which will act as a form of CC (so you don't get one-shot) so warframe abilities can finish it off as it's helplessly laying on the ground.

Like, of all the things to complain about, impact?

it would seem you haven't really played against lvl 200 plus enemies almost all wf abilties do nothing at that lvl 

No love for Nidus in the armor buff department, He's the original warframe that shield gating is based off? In Nidus case its health gating but whatever.

So every warframe is getting a mini Undying passive and Nidus gets nothing? So will the new meta be dragon key immortality now?

With the new changes to the status effects, Will we get new visual indicators when we have reached the max amount off armour strip since we can no longer fully strip armor? Hunter munitions now seems mandatory on every primary.

When will be the bug fix for solo players who can't spawn new kuva larvaling be in? Contact support, Verifying and Optimizing and reinstalling the game doesn't help while it is only a small minority of players are affected does not mean it should be completely ignored! https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1170016-inability-to-spawn-a-new-kuva-lich/

8 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Additionally, Cautious Shot - though heavily nerfed from the current state as it would be massive overkill - could still exist alongside the rebalanced formula

Cautious shot is calculated incorrectly or something.  It's not only possible but fairly common to one-shot a frame with around 800-1000 EHP even with a fully ranked Cautious Shot on a launcher that does less than 50k, even if it has nothing like viral or DoT procs.  Maybe players can still headshot themselves with AoE, I don't know.

Either way, the bomb suit argument is ridiculous.  You're talking about EOD guys.  Those guys wear nothing that's going to protect them against any sort of explosive larger than an M80, if even that.  Why?  Because the concussion will pretty much liquefy your internal organs anyway, and hard armor actually makes that worse.  If you want realism, the only defense is being in a literal tank, or not being there at all.

Am ‎04‎.‎03‎.‎2020 um 15:38 schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Arcanes will require 21 Arcanes to reach the new Max Rank of 5. Scarlet Spear will feature a buy-what-you-want shop for Arcanes based on the currency earned in the event. It will launch in March shortly after the Mainline. 

More important is whats happening after those strange forced RJ event for aquiring arcanes? Will you still relying on the crappy PoE timegating nonsense with Day/Night Cycle? If so I wont even bothering to dust off my Ship.

Warframe Revised: Update 27.2.0 is officially live on PC - and so are the following feedback megathreads! Please take the time to review our Update Notes to familiarize yourself with the changes - big and small - before sharing your feedback: 

Please use your powerful feedback responsibly - we all lift together.

Bug Report Megathread! (Read the First Post!): https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1171888-warframe-revised-bug-report-megathread-read-the-first-post/

*This is a more format-driven Bug Report thread to help turnaround quality hotfixes for this Mainline - please follow the requested format provided in the first post!*

General Megathreads: 

Warframe and Weapon Megathreads: 

Art / UI Megathreads:

Mission Megathreads: 

Archived