Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: Hotfix 27.2.2

[DE]Rebecca

Was away from home 2 days, now, Sunday afternoon returned and got the latest hotfix. Well, crash after crash, keeps interesting. (op system  linux).  Before that even after the latest update was everything just fine. DE - migrate sooner to Vulkan - many people would be thankful.

There is something wrong here. I'm not sure if it's with the patch, the note, or my understanding. Without Chromatic Blade: Umbra Blade base status chance 15.0%. With 60% status boost mod: 24.0% With Chromatic Blade: Umbra Blade base status chance 121.2%. With 60% status boost mod: 130.2%. Nothing here matches the possibility of status chance ranging from 50% to 300%.

The problem was with my understanding. I did not realize power strength affected chromatic blade's status bonus, nor did i realize the 50-300 was the range the mod gives base.

My Excalibur has 236% power strength. ((3 * 2.36) + 1) * 15% = 121.2% . Everything makes sense now.

Does sort of make the status increasing mods feel kind of worthless in comparison but hey, that leaves more room for crit stuff.

1 hour ago, Grudgebringer said:

Kohm still shows %75 (%90 for Kuva Kohm) Status chance, instead of a Status per Projectile stat... 

Well, technically, the Kohm's first shot is only 1 pellet. It only increases pellets with spool up. Does that mean the Kohm still gets the full status effect with each spooled up pellet?

So I've noticed that the Redeemer Prime doesn't benefit from the over 100% status. It fails to proc anything per shot and mine is sitting at 107%. I'm not sure if the UI needs to be like the shotgun cause it's not reflecting the statusthe way its displayed right now. 

Just loaded into a mission and saw the corrosive damage tip from Tenno Councillor LL. It still states that corrosive damage permanently reduce enemy armor. You guys might wanna go over those messages and adjust them for the new status changes, maybe even saying what the enhanced effects are for double procs.

Hi DE. I'm fairly new, just 50+ days old. Wasn't demanding much of a change when I started playing, the mechanics are good and all(although lots of bugs). I too have begun investing a considerable amount of time playing and paying for certain items to work for me. I like the variety of weapons the game has (even more when i learned you can create your own weapon and name them the way you want - zaws and etc mechanics like this make us players feel that our inputs in the game are really important). Moving forward, zaws are limited so most of us choose the weapons that are readily made by you. In the market or wherever they may be. And when their stats do not fit onto our liking, we(players) all try to find a way to make it work the way we want. We invest on its mods, to work on their status and etc. 

I for one appreciate the changes, but it seemed this hotfix just destroyed the hype you've built for the new upcoming update. This is my first time to use forums for this game - because obviously, i really loved the game even when the weapons i liked seemed to be hated. I just felt I needed to speak up cuz something wrong has been done. I could not fathom the idea of putting a single mechanic to every part of the game that were not part of the problem before. (Self stagger - i like it but putting it to weapons that does not deal self damage then has turned it into a mediocre change). It feels like this hotfix was lazily done, and it took away YEARS OF INVESTMENT for those who actually played longer than me - i can only imagine what they felt after this hotfix. 

Players love a little bit of realistic mechanic whatever game they play. Not everyone loves fantasy and most get bored when they are not challenged. But if the challenge does not fit the logic - the interest is lost and we find something else that will. I just bought shedu parts, too excited to start using it when I get to MR13 and then this update came ROFL. Also, I would just like to add because I am really curious, How can you create an OP weapon just like Kuva Bramma and create a mediocre weapon like Quellor. 75 bullets spent for charged mode and 4 second reload - please give this weapon some love! It's from your railjack update too. 

Anyway, I'm postponing my plans for future platinum buying in the store. Seems like this hotfix just caused inactivity to a considerable number of players even to my clan. In the end of the day, I guess thank you for making this game free to play. 

Let's offer what I can after playing for a weekend.  Let's start with the ugly, then the bad, and round it out with the good.  I'm choosing this order because the amount of items in each category is ascending.

The Ugly:

Railjack still sucks.  It's a buggy mess that seems to never be fixed, and that's only referring to the black screens and random teleporting, not the rest of the mode.

Self damage being removed is a great idea, but putting in staggers is like really idiotic.  It's like you understood the feedback from the Profit-Taker, but decided to forget about it so you could remove self damage.  I just don't understand the logic here.

Arcanes still need a lot of answers.  The Eidolon fights suck as an RMG means to earn them at such a low rate.  So too does the arbitrations.

The Bad:

It seems like you've missed a lot of updates for weapons.  That is to say, you introduced 100%+ status and then forgot to implement it everywhere.  That's disappointing.

Railjack enemies introduced aren't something that requires skill.  They're a crewship with an invincibility phase.  That's just backwards when flying around in archwing is still a death sentence.

Speaking of the new crewships, are they supposed to do drunken barrel rolls?  If you meant for this logic, then bravo.  Otherwise, killing them is less a challenge and more an exercise in frustration regarding their tendency to murder archwings designed to combat the spinning through mobility.

It was only a single line in one update which noted the IPS statuses would be decreased from a 4x likely weight to a straight 1:1 against elements.  Stealthily nerfing slash by simply making it unlikely unless you use slash increasing mods isn't a fix, it's a boost to hunter's munitions being a focal point.  Maybe instead of this you needed to set it 2:1, so that the 60-60 mods wouldn't mess things up but the 90% mods could.  

The Good:

100%+ status is interesting.  It isn't perfect, and rifles really need to be reviewed for the possibility.  

The status changes are interesting.  They aren't good, and still need work.  That being said, the good comes from the possibility.

The grenade communication is excellent.  I'd also like to suggest the color change to some things is good, with the communication on the maps now being very reasonable.  Kudos.

Laying the groundwork for primary kitguns is nice.  Hopefully they come out and are genuinely good.  

The abandoned derelicts finally seem to be working.  I got a Spectra Vandal BP, and had to do a double take.  Considering all the garbage rewards, it's nice to see they now work and can drop something fun.

In short, this was a decent update with a lot of problems.  Arcanes are still a borked mess favoring only veterans who already have them.  Shotguns are a mixed bag.  Status needs a lot of work, but has some potential.  The ability for everyone to get x100 pizza BPs through the dojo is interesting.  Shield gating is....let's call it a good first whack.  

If you'd carved out the arcanes, and used the Scarlet Spear a little bit later for this transition, it would have been mostly a win.  I can't say great job, but I can offer that this was definitely not as bad as the last couple.

So you changed the WHOLE meta of the game for all weapons, but you didn't touch sentinel weapons. You allowed for them to share mods, but you didn't change their stats at all so they don't suck total ass. WHY DO SENTINELS HAVE TO SUCK?

Please revert the nerf on Corinth, the self damage was never relevant due to the distance and arming time (to the point that many were unaware it could even do self damage) so this is just a straight up 90% damage nerf for no benefit. Falloff also hits the Corinth disproportionately badly because you can't directly target enemies with the alt fire, you have to target the areas around, above, or behind enemies.

As is, this makes the alt fire wholly useless except against extremely low level enemies when for two years it's been very good albeit situational all the way up to non-elite sortie enemies.

Implementing the AoE damage falloff only shows the devs are not actually playing their own game. Nerfing a huge pack of weapons that were balancing on the fringe of viable have simply removed them from the game. And thats all to fix something not even considered an issue (self damage), to encourage bad play. 

Do not try to balance this mechanics. Revert the change. Accept it as a fail. Think of something else.

P.S. Status chance ruined status based shotguns. Status effects rework has not actually buffed it, since its Viral or useless crap now. 

Currently experiencing issues where I can't do finishers on enemies during public empyrean missions I've joined after heading to a second mission.
Also still experiencing issues with the camera not working while in Railjack Turrets.
Also had an issue upon (re)entering the Sentient Anomaly where the camera stayed there and wouldn't change nomatter what I did, where I went, even using remote camera.
Also managed to get trapped in space as an invisible operator/archwing hybrid with invulnerable health and unable to type or attack.
Also managed to enter a Railjack Turret which then flung itself 10,000m away in space and made me also be archwing with my warframe melee wep out, unable to text chat or do anything except hit esc and look at my warframe floating in space with a railjack turret piercing it's body.
Lot of Empyrean fixes needing doing among other things. multiplayer desync is a big issue atm.

Please take away the knock back from the AOE amps, the operators fling all over the place, not building anymore amps to do the Tri hunt built 20 already over the years, finally got my awesome amp, now it's useless. 😞 

Loving the changes that have been happening in Railjack and with the Lich's and weapons. :thumbup:

27 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Please take away the knock back from the AOE amps, the operators fling all over the place, not building anymore amps to do the Tri hunt built 20 already over the years, finally got my awesome amp, now it's useless. 😞 

Loving the changes that have been happening in Railjack and with the Lich's and weapons. :thumbup:

You can jump again to avoid "flying around", warframes and operator have the same mechanic (that's why DE said something like "skilled players will have a better time", AMP selfdmg was a nasty pain in the ass outside void DMG, making some amps literally useless because the procs you could put on yourself. Now you can run every dmg with every amp, something trully amazing imho.

48 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

You can jump again to avoid "flying around", warframes and operator have the same mechanic (that's why DE said something like "skilled players will have a better time", AMP selfdmg was a nasty pain in the ass outside void DMG, making some amps literally useless because the procs you could put on yourself. Now you can run every dmg with every amp, something trully amazing imho.

Thanks for reminding me, I haven't tried jumping yet after doing my three ring blasts will have to limit it to one blast then jump, just been sliding out or void dashing to new area away from the ring diameter from the secondary fire.

Ah hell yeah, those arcanes I forgot about those bad boys from the last time i used them. rubs hands together thinking which one to try first

[edit]
Jumping doesn't work with my amp, I'll just have to adapt a new play method with it.

if you guys wanted people to stop using aoe weapons so much well mission accomplish huge nerf accomplish just that. and for every one to blind to see the nerf youtuber psycocinematics explains it quite well in my humble opinion. sneaky de using there chance to balance aoe weapons to just nuke the efficiency out of them. well at least the zaw is now a viable aoe primary weapon wit out the one hit to self. hope that dosent get nerfed. 90% damage falloff????? oh sure why not I like hitting enemies wit that guchi 10% damage. oh oh you increased the range of aoe radial attacks sure why not I mean idk how that compensates for the nerf to aoe weapons but its not a nerf with in itself right I cant say for sure but I have come to know the floor of each tile set very well I can see the scratch marks they look nice .but any ways good on you de for putting shield gating in the game lee fix one problem then create another? personally I don't use self damage weapons besides getting them to lvl 30 for that mastery and besides the zaw where I have to perform a fancy mechanic before I accidentally kill myself now they change that to stagger and knock down which is just as bad as killing myself in my humble opinion this fix to self damage make theses weapons no more appealing to use there still a negative draw back to using them. the painful part is the stagger and knock down which is a negative effect now hits weapons that had there self damage removes long time ago and weapons that dident have any to begin with as far as I know .

one thing that I just realize today, quite funny though. I know that some frame will not get the new effect of AoE weapon system, and I test it though. so far it was done as expected, until I bump into this problem. when using Atlas and Staticor, charge shot to your feet, you didn't get knockdown, no knockback, not even a flinch. but, the funny part is, if you shoot it near you .... you still flinched. is this intentional or not I don't know, is just really strange that you shooting in front of you give you that stagger moment, while at your feet give nothing 🤣 😂

Yep you can keep your crappy aoe falloff de you effectively killed everything I mean for fk snake ogris has no place here if it cant even crit frequently enough with a base of 9% I expect you to completely remove all aoe damage falloff within the next 3 days or risk losing every player because you damn well nerfed all explosive weapons and amps into the ground 

On 2020-03-08 at 12:29 PM, rstripn said:

There is something wrong here. I'm not sure if it's with the patch, the note, or my understanding.

Without Chromatic Blade: Umbra Blade base status chance 15.0%. With 60% status boost mod: 24.0%

With Chromatic Blade: Umbra Blade base status chance 121.2%. With 60% status boost mod: 130.2%

Nothing here matches the possibility of status chance ranging from 50% to 300%.

The only way you get to even 200% power strength anymore on exalted blade is 300%+ power strength with 4 60/60 mods. And if you've played any bit of excal, you know that dedicating your entire build to strength like chroma cucks the rest of your kit.

I really want to know who in DE thought that they should nerf exalted blade when it was already underperforming to every other melee weapon since the melee update. Like who?

Update finally made me have fun with excal again as I was doing the damage I should be doing with a weapon that costs energy but nope, only lasted a day because we aren't allowed to have fun

23 hours ago, psflip said:

So I've noticed that the Redeemer Prime doesn't benefit from the over 100% status. It fails to proc anything per shot and mine is sitting at 107%. I'm not sure if the UI needs to be like the shotgun cause it's not reflecting the statusthe way its displayed right now. 

The redeemer prime "Isn't a Shotgun" it has an attack that is technically a shotgun, but it's actually a melee weapon, the status chance is for the "Swinging/Slashing" motions.
The stats for the "Shotgun" attack are not shown.

Archived