Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

well.. i just played destiny 2..

Agnostus

Destiny 2 was ok to play when it went free to play. With the newest expansion they gutted all the free to play areas. And now you have 2 choices.

1. You play free to play and you can play the OG story stuff. If you play pvp, you have to play against the new pvp classes which can freeze you and you have no way to get unfrozen.

2. You have to buy the expansion.

Destiny 2 has like 6 weapons. You got big gun, small gun, rifle, shotgun, sniper rifle. There's very little other unique guns. Destiny 2 strike missions get old super fast. 

Like said destiny 2 is all flash.

• Like 3

il y a 39 minutes, StormSusano-o a dit :

Dear  you can also stop shooting bullS#&$ De have 250-500 employees and work by 8 years on 1 game XD,wasting money making cinematics of S#&$ from 3 years ago nobody cares about seeing hidroyd at tennocon but never buy server or better make new quest and last but not least the DE was bought by tencent that some money let's say he owns it!and for highly trained macaques like you who don't know things I also put the link https://www.pcgamer.com/tencent-acquires-warframe-developer-digital-extremes-and-several-other-studios/

Good troll

• Like 3

On 2020-03-19 at 9:12 PM, Agnostus said:

First off, i must admit, WF has ruined movement in every other game for me. The fluidity of movement in WF is just unmatched, truly.

Now, on to the bad things. I cant help myself but be so disappointed by how much WF is lacking in comparison to Destiny 2. I accidentally started out by running dungeons (the equivalent of that in Destiny 2 at least) and O.M.F.G. At least 5-6 different 20-minute expeditions with voice narration and differentiation in areas. And as ive read more, this is just the tip of the iceberg! There is a HUGE amount of original content in the game comparable more to an mmo (and probably a well polished one) than a shooter.

Then i continued to the "main quest line" and the open world... Just amazed. So many different things happening all at once, people running around, public events, quests and side quests all happening at the same time.

The game features PvP and PvPvE but honestly im not even comparing this because i believe PvP is hard to implement in WF.

What strikes me though as such an unfair deal we're getting with WF is the true lack of content. Every 3 months DE offers a 45-125 euro pack for 5 cosmetic items (accessories and a prime wf thats basically the same wf with a bit of an upgrade in stats and better looks). Truly disappointing. 

DE will say that they want to keep all real content free. I respect that to some extend but there could be a compromise. Make the frame obtainable in game, but the cosmetics obtainable through a quest that you gotta pay real money (or plat maybe?) to unlock. This will make people that do enjoy the game probably more keen on actually buying the packs. Or actually create some original content, raids, dungeons, timed events that need something more than plain zombie-mode grinding, PvEvP, anything for crying out loud! 

Liches are a lovely addition as a concept, yet just a more spongy enemy to put bullets in. Empyrian, albeit a new game mode, yet with a lackluster execution. Fortuna, copy of PoE with snow. The best actual content WF offered were Eidolons! An amazing boss fight, with skill, team effort and gear required to complete within a time frame to get the maximum loot! And that was 3 years ago!

I believe all my words are a lost cause, DE had 7 years now to provide us with actual content and they never did, it just pains me to see a game that ive spent more than 2k hours in, just stay stagnant and not achieve its full potential even after all those years.

Those were my 50 cents. Thank you for reading this far.

There is another game much better than destiny 2....its silkroad. Very good game, old but still very good till now. This game will make you forget destiny 2...

1 hour ago, Vaml77 said:

There is another game much better than destiny 2....its silkroad. Very good game, old but still very good till now. This game will make you forget destiny 2...

You mean Silkroad Online, the WoW style MMORPG which isn't a shooter and has almost none of the same moment-to-moment game mechanics?

I mean, I'm not going to argue which one's better because I have literally no experience with Silkroad, but it feels like this is not a like meets like comparison.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StormSusano-o said:

Dear  you can also stop shooting bullS#&$ De have 250-500 employees and work by 8 years on 1 game XD,wasting money making cinematics of S#&$ from 3 years ago nobody cares about seeing hidroyd at tennocon but never buy server or better make new quest and last but not least the DE was bought by tencent that some money let's say he owns it!and for highly trained macaques like you who don't know things I also put the link https://www.pcgamer.com/tencent-acquires-warframe-developer-digital-extremes-and-several-other-studios/  

Show us on the Frame where the Evil game companies 'bad touched' you...

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Sovyul said:

I should start necroing old threads that made forumers buttblasted at each other too, looks fun ngl

"Buttblasted".

We have entered the Sophomoric Zone now, I see, a place not of sight and sound, but of adolescence.

Edited by Zimzala
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, StormSusano-o said:

Buddy why are you so hostile? Do you need a hug?

Edited by (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face

13 hours ago, (XBOX)Timidobserver said:

Warframe and Destiny both have their own huge list of problems. I don't see really see either game is vastly superior to the other. 

Yeah by the time I tried destiny they had "removed" leveling by having you start at 50 so 2 hours in when I noticed that it ruined the game for me as leveling is like 90% of the gameplay of games with levels. And gathering gear score is not leveling =)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

Why does it bother people so much to pick an old conversation back up?

Because if the thread is that old, then the topic is no longer relevant or the parties involved either are no longer around or moved on from it or the topic itself is no longer valid either by in-game changes or resolved issues. So its better to make a new one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

Because if the thread is that old, then the topic is no longer relevant or the parties involved either are no longer around or moved on from it or the topic itself is no longer valid either by in-game changes or resolved issues. So its better to make a new one.

I can see your POV, but not entirely agree, I like having 'history' and 'color' for conversations that can span over time.

In this case, it's still about how D2 and WF compare and contrast, so still relevant, IMO.

I would have tried D2 had it not been for the info here about them removing stuff.

So, the relevance of a discussion should not be based on time alone, IMO, and even if some of the original parties have left, that does not mean the conversation cannot continue.

I think the conversation around D2 might be 'closed' for many players, but many is not all and new players show up all the time.

Just now, Zimzala said:

Why does it bother people so much to pick an old conversation back up?

It's a good question.  I've sat and thought about it for awhile, and here's my best attempt at a response.

I think "picking up an old conversation" is a very generous way to frame it.  I can only speak for my own experience, but I've only ever heard talk of "picking up and old conversation" in reference to a conversation that 2 (or more) people had in the past, and then those same people talk about it again.  This isn't that.  In this case, the person who necro'd the thread wasn't part of the original conversation, and they are responding to the OP.  The OP hasn't logged into the forums since January.  They're talking to someone who has moved on.  And then the very next reply quote-tweeted the OP, presumably because they didn't realize they were responding to something someone said nearly a year ago.

So you've got a new person who wants to have a conversation about a topic, which is smashing.  But in that case, it seems like it makes a lot more sense to just start a new thread.  If you have something that's worth saying, say it.  Don't direct it at someone who has moved on.  And don't hide it at the end of a thread full of stale, year-old comments left by commenters who may not even stand by what they said anymore.  So much can change in 11 months.  Warframe and Destiny have changed in the last 11 months, and people change even more.  And what they choose to devote their attention to certainly changes as well.  Let the dead sleep.

And to be honest, I'm not really bothered in this particular instance, but it certainly seems like a bad idea that leads to a sloppier forum experience.  I'd rather see threads filled with posts that people care about right now.  That's where conversations can happen, conversations that people are motivated to be a part of.  From a user experience perspective, it's better not to have those old posts there, because statistically some people will miss the fact that they're old and they'll try to engage people who are gone, and you end up with interactions that muddy the thread without having value.  A fresh thread wouldn't have this problem.

I have memories of being bothered by this sort of thing, though.  I've received notifications because people are quote-replying me about things from the distant past, and I find it tiresome that people want to start up a conversation with my ghost.  There was a time when I found that specific conversation engaging, and it's not now.  I moved on, and I don't want to be pulled back in.  It makes me weary to think that there are people out there who look at things I posted about 6 months ago and see that as an opportunity to start an argument.  So I suppose that's my personal connection to this.  I don't want that for me, and if other people also don't want that, I don't want it for them as well.

That's the best I can attempt to explain it, hope it's helpful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

It's a good question.  I've sat and thought about it for awhile, and here's my best attempt at a response.

I think "picking up an old conversation" is a very generous way to frame it.  I can only speak for my own experience, but I've only ever heard talk of "picking up and old conversation" in reference to a conversation that 2 (or more) people had in the past, and then those same people talk about it again.  This isn't that.  In this case, the person who necro'd the thread wasn't part of the original conversation, and they are responding to the OP.  The OP hasn't logged into the forums since January.  They're talking to someone who has moved on.  And then the very next reply quote-tweeted the OP, presumably because they didn't realize they were responding to something someone said nearly a year ago.

So you've got a new person who wants to have a conversation about a topic, which is smashing.  But in that case, it seems like it makes a lot more sense to just start a new thread.  If you have something that's worth saying, say it.  Don't direct it at someone who has moved on.  And don't hide it at the end of a thread full of stale, year-old comments left by commenters who may not even stand by what they said anymore.  So much can change in 11 months.  Warframe and Destiny have changed in the last 11 months, and people change even more.  And what they choose to devote their attention to certainly changes as well.  Let the dead sleep.

And to be honest, I'm not really bothered in this particular instance, but it certainly seems like a bad idea that leads to a sloppier forum experience.  I'd rather see threads filled with posts that people care about right now.  That's where conversations can happen, conversations that people are motivated to be a part of.  From a user experience perspective, it's better not to have those old posts there, because statistically some people will miss the fact that they're old and they'll try to engage people who are gone, and you end up with interactions that muddy the thread without having value.  A fresh thread wouldn't have this problem.

I have memories of being bothered by this sort of thing, though.  I've received notifications because people are quote-replying me about things from the distant past, and I find it tiresome that people want to start up a conversation with my ghost.  There was a time when I found that specific conversation engaging, and it's not now.  I moved on, and I don't want to be pulled back in.  It makes me weary to think that there are people out there who look at things I posted about 6 months ago and see that as an opportunity to start an argument.  So I suppose that's my personal connection to this.  I don't want that for me, and if other people also don't want that, I don't want it for them as well.

That's the best I can attempt to explain it, hope it's helpful.

Sure, thanks for responding to the question.

My guess is it's a generational thing to a large degree, getting old means getting out of tune sometimes.

I have picked up those conversation with a friend years later, because there was no ubiquitous Internet, there were no mobile phones, etc.

For me, forums and the like are 'nice enough' to preserve what we were thinking and saying, allowing us to pick up those conversations later. Even if the original poster is no longer around, something I would never bother to check, I can still respond to the prose presented by posters both old and new, the ideas are still there. I generally only respond to the prose I read, for example, seldom bothering to examine what poster wrote it, even after interacting with them for some time, I respond to the words used.

To your point, I would feel no obligation or anything if I had someone reply years later, I would respond if I felt like it or not, but I don't see such replies/alerts as any sort of imposition. It does not place any sort of onus or feelings on me to think people read my forum rants years later and want to tell me I am full of crap. I have pretty much turned off such things anyway, I go to the forum in question when I feel like it, not when other pull me in, etc.

So yeah, I see your POV, but from my POV, we could just remove all the dates and carry on just fine.

1 minute ago, Zimzala said:

Ah, so since "it's the rule" we just have to follow it huh?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

naa....etiquette is not a rule you have to follow...it's a guide line for behavioral norms. follow it or don't...whatever floats your boat. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Void_Ocelot said:

naa....etiquette is not a rule you have to follow...it's a guide line for behavioral norms. follow it or don't...whatever floats your boat. 

I can see we would have some really fun conversations forums of this nature will not facilitate!

I am well aware of the Internets penchant for this whole 'why bring up that old thing' POV, thanks, as well as the passive aggressive "Google it. Be informed."

You have a good day and great life. 🖖

4 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

I can see we would have some really fun conversations forums of this nature will not facilitate!

I am well aware of the Internets penchant for this whole 'why bring up that old thing' POV, thanks, as well as the passive aggressive "Google it. Be informed."

You have a good day and great life. 🖖

Enjoyed your projection of PA. Have a great life as well. :)

• Like 1