Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear feedback

---No-Mercy---

10 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

If I'm not mistaken. DE themselves has admitted this. And also besides the recent balance passes what have they done to exactly balance the game in the past years brother 

I dunno, what?

edit: I might crack open the wiki and see what’s changed over the years for different things in pursuit of balance

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

4 minutes ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

I wouldnt exactly say 'fairly easily. Loza gave you the absolute best case scenario. Basically you need to do two full perfect runs (it's actually a little more than that since each full run gives 2.3k on ground and you need 5k for the bonus).  He said 25 min per run, but at least on ground missions my times were closer to 30-35min playing with strangers from recruit chat. If you have a meta squad to play with you could speed run it (also apparently they just hotfix nerfed the condrix health). On top of all that you need to make sure you start your runs at the right time (you have 2 hours to raise those 5k, like cetus night cycles) so you cant start too late into the cycle. And get lucky that the 100 morex cap isnt reached on that 2 hour wave in the instance you're in (To get the bonus you need to stay and do your runs in the same flotilla instance, cant leave). So yea, you can do 15k (or even more) in 2 hours, but it involves a lot of work and it's best case scenario, not guaranteed at all.

Thanks for your perspective. Not as easy as it sounds, I see. This seems like a month is still plenty of time...?

10 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Thanks for your perspective. Not as easy as it sounds, I see. This seems like a month is still plenty of time...?

My best run on earth gives me 1 k credits in 1 hour. (11-12 condrix I mean.) And therefore weapons alone are gonna take me 35 hours. (I have bad internet, and I guess being born in a S#&$hole place isn't really ideal for this game anymore.). So even if we have 1 month, it's still insanity for guys in my shoes. 

Edited by Nehra96
Typos
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nehra96 said:

My best run on earth gives me 1 k credits in 1 hour. (11-12 condrix I mean.) And therefore weapons alone are gonna take me 35 hours. (I have bad internet, and I guess being born in a S#&$hole place isn't really ideal for this game anymore.). So even if we have 1 month, it's still insanity for guys in my shoes. 

I see. Yeah, that’s a little over an hour a day, assuming it can be kept up to that level. Not everyone can pull that off, true. Some of us have things going on (or can only solo it)

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

They don’t want to completely obliterate Eidolon Arcanes’s high value. So I can see the reason for the worse than plague star level of grind.

I don't care about arcanes, I just want weapons. I do around 10 condrix in 45 minutes solo, that's 825 credits. So roundabout 35-40 hours for weapons alone. (I play solo as I have garbage internet and I guess being born in first world countries is a requirement for playing this event as my clanmates are doing space side of things getting 2 k credits in 10ish minutes with full squad). 

While it is supposed to take time, it does seem like a long stretch and the longer runs really don't boost up the score very much.

I would strongly prefer the minimum run (when you can extract) be set to reach at least 300 points.  And then at each moment which would be double that amount of time go up by at least double.  So doing a number of condrix or murex equal to the extraction amount would be 600 for the first set and then 1200 for the next batch.  It does sound a bit high, but it is getting tougher for most normal players by that point.  I imagine the people going for the first optional batch would be the most common and they would rather take a break and then come back.

It would mean making about 900 points for the average run rather than only about 255 for what I consider to be the regular run.

This's a simple description of my experience as a forced solo MR27 player:

Railjack

Started with Railjack, most of the time i really try going public and have some good time with random people, well, think about John Travolta's wtf is everyone meme at this point, crickets all over the place, not a single soul from public instant-matchmaking, started on a really bad mood. The mission was good at some point, but then you know one can just sit with a Limbo/Frost/Nyx, etc. in the OPlink and drink some coffee in order to keep self-awake. Really boring, and obviously same breaking bugs still remain, really don't know how people will prefer some railjack at this point.

Earth assault

As for the Earth assault, same thing, no proper matchmaking having already a lobby for it, jeez. Testing weapons here and there for best performance, not a hard thing, takes some time with every scaling in order to kill sentients, but other than that, no problems, main issue is that "Aerolist" sentient piece of flying buggy mess, again with the gimmick about microscopic breakable spots in order to actually deal damage to the thing, got the stagger... oops! gotta reload and... NOPE, *@##$ got invincibility again haha keep going, seriously, one goddamn second???

Overall

I'm not bothered about the values for the respective rewards but.... i did all three satelites for the Railjack mission, and got mostly between 700 and 600 scarlets, something about 25 minutes (can't do better since gotta wait for the oplink to do the rest and then just go here and there asap); on Earth assault i got 7 Murex away at about 30 minutes, and got 500 scarlets, tops.... All of this solo. The idea is fine as always, but i was expecting some massive Raid kind of thing, and just got some random excavation spam over for no proper rewards, with an absolute lack of sense lobby in the middle.

The really bad stuff

+The matchmaking was non-existant, i guess i need to beg for a party on recruit chat and just see if i get more credits than working my ass off on solo. Once again we're feeding the carried.

+Really boring for Railjack filled with breaking bugs, which i hate because as for now, is the most rewarding for my solo playing between the two modes.

+Unrewarding as hell, and this should be a hotfix, you can't keep giving 15 to 40 scarlets for each Murex...specially when playing solo.

+Set the Aerolist not to stagger, but to just lose the invulnerability thing, and make the hit-spots clear, that garbage of a belt....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ixidron92 said:

Honestly, I can't be the only one noticing this pattern. It's nothing new, though. A lot of companies use this cheap trick to pretend they listen to feedback when in reality it's been planned from the very beginning.

The current scarlet spear is a good example. Let's break down some numbers:

You get 125 points for driving away the first Murex. 240 for the second (total: 325). 375 for the 3rd (total 700). 510 for the 4th (1310 total). 645 for the 5th (total 1955) and 765 for the 6th and subsequent ones (2720 total). That would be, being generous and insanely quick, say 30 minutes of gameplay minimum, with a perfect squad. 

Now, some more numbers: 

• Lacera: 20000 points
  • Basmu: 15000 points
  • Forma/Captura/Decorations: 5000 each (20k total)
  • Common arcanes: 1k each, 21k for a max level one (126k total)
  • Uncommon arcanes: 1.5k each, 31.5k for a max level one (409500 total)

Full total: 590500 points.

An now, math:

Assuming, being generous, each Murex run takes 5 minutes on average (including re-stocking, the time it takes you to move from place to place, etc)

Also, please, remember that the numbers can't be real, since it's impossible to play 24/7 at peak, not to mention, it resets every 100 Murex.

• If you do one 1 Murex and repeat: 4724 missions and 394 hours of continuous gameplay to get everything
  • If you 2 Murex and repeat: 1817 missions. 303 hours
  • 3 Murex and repeat: 844 missions. 221 hours.
  • 4 Murex: 450 missions. 150 hours.
  • 5 Murex: 303 missions. 126 hours.
  • 6 Murex: 218 missions. 109 hours. 
  • 6 Murex and stay: 777 Murex driven away. 65 hours.

Now, consider the insane grind. Obviously, they either didn't test it, didn't use basic math, or threw in random numbers. In that case, it's just bad game developing. OR they knew full well it was insane, that it would take a few hours for player to realize this and complain and they had already planned beforehand to reduce those numbers (which I'm guessing will happen this week or early next week). In which case, it's just a dirty trick to pretend they listen to the community. They've actually done that with the Lich grind and the Reactor grind. Release insane numbers. Tone them down later. Claim you listen to the community for doing so. 

Lemme follow this and I'll be back once this hits PS4 and see how DE reacted to the massive negative feedback this event received ... so far, but we all know what will DE do. 😉

2 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Unless DE greatly reduce the credit cost for items I will probably just grind for the 2 new weapons then that's it. Or in the worst case I will just skip the whole event.

I am about to skip it, as things stand. Squads are farming 2 k credits on earth in 17 ish minutes, space 10ish minutes, cheesing the fk out of it. Solo guys like me making 1k in an hour of grind. It's unfair 😔. At this pace both weapons for solo guys are 30+ hours of grind alone. 😭

Edited by Nehra96
Spelling errors
  • Like 3

Guys, relax. This lasts for FOUR WEEKS.

I know the slog can be a bit much, but this does have to last for four weeks, or at least... half that, for the players individually? If they increase the payout or reduce the costs, the result would be putting more rewards that we have to grind even MORE for.

---

The real problem isn't the payout or the grind for the rewards, but the content itself not being satisfying enough for that level of grind. The content needs... more than just what we have. I run through 5 mobile defenses in one Railjack mission? Whooppee. Why can't I get some variety in how we handle the Murexes?

Hell, I could drop my OpLink down and then recall back to my Railjack while the rest of the group defends them, but... no point. There's no actual threat to my ship. They took the enemy ships out why?! BORING!

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 1

I play solo, and in my other threads many other solo guys have reported that they are making 800-1000 scarlet credits in an hour. (On ground missions.) That makes 35 hours for 2 event weapons alone. (Personally I don't care for arcanes at all.) 

On the other hand squads on earth are farming max credits i.e. 2k ish in about 30+ minutes. And space ones are cheesing with limbo and all that in 10+ minutes for max rewards. 

So why are solo guys being punished? Is being born in 3rd world country with garbage internet such a crime? 

Can any staff member answer? 

-An obviously pissed and dejected Tenno in times of global lockdown and depression

Edited by Nehra96
Spelling errors
  • Like 5

For me, the issue is... I don't feel connected. I'm in a mission, and I randomly get kill codes from random players out there. I get an automatic message when it happens, and that's my level of interaction with the other team. If I don't get the kill codes, I'm left waiting for them. I have no actual way to put out a request for one, no way to check progress on a ground team or anything, and... realistically, I get nothing for just waiting.

If we're left waiting on the other side of the link, we're just... sitting there on the OpLinks, fighting. Bored.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 2

Il y a 2 heures, (NSW)Greybones a dit :

Cool. Thanks for clarifying.

Out of curiosity, what does it currently take to get the event-limited weapons?

You have 1 month. 25k event credits for the important rewards should not be that hard with a bit of farming. 1 or 2 daily missions should be OK. Take a look a the original post from Reb about the event to maximise your income. There are few things to know. 

Edited by HexOmega111x

3 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Apparently there is a bonus reward upon completely defeating the Murax in any given Flotilla, potentially tripling any points earned.

Well you get some kind of fancy icon floating over your head in the flotilla that "grows" to higher ranks each time you take down all 5, that's clearly an amazing reward!

/s

My flotilla almost reached the 100, but then I was tired and needed to sleep, so I have no idea if anything happened to people like me who contributed a LOT, but weren't online when it ended.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

6 minutes ago, HexOmega111x said:

You have 1 month. 35k event credits for the important rewards should not be that hard with a bit farming. 1 or 2 daily missions should be OK. Take a look a the original post from Reb about the event to maximise your income. There are few things to know. 

Gotcha. Not able to do the event at the moment but I’ll have a look at the original post when I do. Thanks for your help!

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

Just like how we can "open a shop" in Maroo's Bazaar, we need to be able to hold down Q and "form a party" in the Flotilla.

Put our hand up, declare which mission we're doing, and then let people come to us and join the party.

Even if we don't get real matchmaking, this would be a satisfying level of player interaction in the Flotilla. I'm tired of having to form a group outside the Flotilla and then pick one to go to to avoid the Flotilla limit.

I want to do this so I can pick one Flotilla, and sort of make that my Flotilla... So that I can actually compete with other players on the leaderboards.