Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear feedback

---No-Mercy---

19 minutes ago, Vox_Preliator said:

And if you're only playing for the rewards and not because you enjoy playing the game, then it's time to take a step back and think about why you're playing.

Allow me to let you in on a little secret: No game is enjoyable without a reward. That's what separates a game from a toy. Even Tetris keeps a high score, giving you the warm fuzzies when you do well. Can you imagine playing Tetris with no score, just for the gameplay itself? I think it's you who needs to step back and think about why you're playing. Or better yet, test it with an empirical experiment: Throw away all rewards you receive for the next week of playing the game. Spend the credits and resources on crafting useless things, grind out scarlet credits, buy the new gun, then immediately sell it without playing with it, etc. Then come back and tell me how fun the game is without rewards. But I think we both know you're not going to do that, don't we.

18 minutes ago, FireSegment said:

average runs with this current grind for 40 minutes, giving no bugs, can still let casual players buy one or two arcane that they can choose and don't have to go through the Amp gating that the Eidolon path of getting arcane require.

You say that as if it's even remotely reasonable.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Katinka said:

Or maybe they start with conservative numbers while the player base does the first few days of testing and then they'll tweak gameplay, fix bugs and adjust rewards/costs based not just on feedback but also their own metrics.  This way they can make sure exploits have less of an effect.  Same reason why the rarer Arcanes aren't available yet.

So we getting back our time's worth back or not? 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

bruh, do you not watch the news? the world's in lockdown. every casual gamer that would be at work or school has all the time in the world right now, if there was ever an opportunity to no-life an event, it's now.

besides, this event was meant to be drawn out, not finished in 2 minutes flat. take your time and you won't risk burning out.

Doom eternal, resident evil 3 remake and animal crossing deserve more of my time and attention than this brain dead irl sleeping simulator grind.

• Like 10

Apparently there is a bonus reward upon completely defeating the Murax in any given Flotilla, potentially tripling any points earned.

I am not actually sure about this though, because I seemingly haven't gotten any despite earning about 8k points from missions so far.

44 minutes ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

when you get inside the ship  You go to your gear wheel and you have to put down the Beacon at the yellow marker in the ship.   Even this wont-work unless you put the satellite outside the ship before you go in

yeah i already did that, was just sitting there hitting sentients for 10+ minutes, all those kill codes people were supposedly sending and i didn't get a single one, just sat there at 0/9 the whole time

Scarlet Spear is Warframe's nadir. Why? Well you, DE, should simply know better than this by now. People leave Warframe not because it isn't fun, but because of the sheer audacity in how little you value player time: This is truly noxious. You can pattycake it back to us and pretend that points aren't being awarded to avoid exploiters, but it's callow and calous to punish the many to control the few. The minor competition for bonus points is a good hard slap to the low MR players you have so disingenuously allowed to participate despite scaling to make pre-mainline update grineer blush.

Even if we were being appropriately rewarded, this event is sheer numbing tedium. You need to place more emphasis on emergent gameplay and variety rather than repetition ad nauseum ad infinitum. We have two flavours of boring point defense with cosmetic differences. Fun for me and many others in this game, is going fast, going sneaky and doing spy stuff or the odd survival. It ain't doing 17 waves vs an electric wall with rapidly ballooning health, and it ain't sitting in a dirty red sithhole intermittently ganking sparse rogue calligraphy.

Additionally, there are bugs. Serious ones. I got awarded points for precisely 2 of 7 runs. One time was particularly special : I got crashed out, the crash report crashed then, upon relogging, I was able to reconnect as a frame I was not playing in the run from which I crashed out of. The rest of the unawarded ones were in space, where the objective simply did not progress past 0%. Don't push nonsense like this live so we can act as your alpha-testers. We are tired of the disrespect.

Obtuse, unrewarding, unstable, unenjoyable. Put this back on the shelf and reimagine it, because when stuff like this is called an event you have a serious issue with creative and ethical bankruptcy. I urge you to look at hiring on additional project management team-members, because there is no way you are a well-oiled machine when you push content like this live at all let alone late. I quit for a year or so when you introduced Fortuna because of the enervating RNG-gated grind. I wonder if I'll be back next time I lose interest because actively hoping for better is exhausting and so rarely rewarding.

What a mess!

• Like 5

The fact that ground assault is SO SLOW that everybody keeps doing space assault and nobody gets kill codes (I waited 10 minutes with my oplink prepared and didn't get a SINGLE kill code) shows that this event wasn't properly tested. On ground assault you spend most of your time shooting the bulls#%t bullet sponge condrix and you still get punished for that! Ground assault is more difficult than space assault and still rewards you less credits per X amount of time spent. Now considering it's almost april, DE must have messed up their calendar somehow and thought this event would be a nice prank.

2 hours ago, Mephane said:

Railjack matchmaking seems to be either broken or disabled for this one, so unless you have a premade group you get to solo that whole thing, which considerably slows things down.

Even still, I'm running an average of 171 per minute. Scaling rewards. The last wave per run is worth 8.5 times as much as the first wave, so if all you're doing is that first one, it'll take ages. A wave is nine kill codes - three condrix or one murex. And more to the point, you also receive a bonus if all 100 murex in a flotilla are defeated and if you have earned enough credits in that flotilla over a certain threshold, you'll receive bonus credits. So, from my most recent pair of runs, discounting my failed attempt, I got 5,000, which is the top tier, that's 15,000 credits total. That's the new gun in one run.

People have been asking for scaling rewards for literally years, by the way.

1 minute ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I can't find games, might get one player on the ground missions and when I go to murex raids it just slaps me in my own railjack and nobody joins. No idea what I'm doing wrong.

There is no pub squads for RJ. You'll need to recruit. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, VanguardT-EN- said:

On ground assault you spend most of your time shooting the bulls#%t bullet sponge condrix

Just to mention, you can use big buffs to damage in order to take it out a lot faster IE: big damage buffs like Chroma and Volt stacking multiple shields. 

Not sure if any builds can one shot it into later waves, but early on you can one shot it (edit: one shot it on each stage, not the entire thing all at once) just with a no-riven Lanka and volt shields. That stops being a one shot before wave 10 though. 

edit: and right after I posted this there is another hotfix lowering their health in 2-4 player groups I guess! not sure by how much. 

Edited by Borg1611

TLDR: Enabling Vazarin allows for more diverse playstyles for the event. If you want to try endless, you need either Limbo, Gara, Frost, etc. Forcing a handful of frames onto the Players depletes fun and replayability. Please enable Vazarin. 

Full Review: So far I'm very much enjoying the new event and would like to experience more of it. Most peoples railjacks are vanilla right now and die rather quickly, so that takes away from the fun. I heard you can hide the railjack inside the murex during the away mission, I will try that next because the Railjack dying is very common. 
Besides everyones paper Railjacks that die extremely quickly, the biggest issue is the defense objective. 

I used to be frustrated with all the defense objectives in Warframe because it would force frames like Limbo, Gara, Frost, etc onto us players. We can't play what we want, we have to play these handful of Warframes instead of being able to use the entire army of Warframes to choose from.
Then I got Vazarin, and everything changed. Suddenly I could play what I want and just keep an eye on the defense objective. If it got low, I would heal it up with Vazarin and keep playing. That makes Warframe fun for me, being able to play how I want to play and still win, without having to play specific Warframes. 

Then Scarlet Spear came out and I brought Vazarin, and suddenly it doesn't work. Now I feel like I have to play a specific Warframe in order to play more than one cycle. 

I'm a solo player and I've been enjoying the Away Team mission and the Ground Assault mission... both are fun, and I love fighting Sentients and doing the event. Please enable Vazarin so I can actually grind. You want me to grind, I want me to grind, but without Vazarin it seems dauntless or boring (boring if I'm forced to play only those specific Warframes). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ixidron92 said:

Day 1? People who can't do several hours a day will barely make it by the end of the event or at all.

15 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Even still, I'm running an average of 171 per minute. Scaling rewards. The last wave per run is worth 8.5 times as much as the first wave, so if all you're doing is that first one, it'll take ages. A wave is nine kill codes - three condrix or one murex. And more to the point, you also receive a bonus if all 100 murex in a flotilla are defeated and if you have earned enough credits in that flotilla over a certain threshold, you'll receive bonus credits. So, from my most recent pair of runs, discounting my failed attempt, I got 5,000, which is the top tier, that's 15,000 credits total. That's the new gun in one run.

People have been asking for scaling rewards for literally years, by the way.

I don't think you can't stay a bit longer if you have some experience in warframe

il y a 12 minutes, xcrimsonlegendx a dit :

can't find games, might get one player on the ground missions and when I go to murex raids it just slaps me in my own railjack and nobody joins. No idea what I'm doing wrong.

That's why i said underpopulated mission. You won't find people doing railjack because it sucks. Hope you find a way to enjoy the game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Renkyrie said:

Then I got Vazarin, and everything changed. Suddenly I could play what I want and just keep an eye on the defense objective. If it got low, I would heal it up with Vazarin and keep playing. That makes Warframe fun for me, being able to play how I want to play and still win, without having to play specific Warframes. 

To those who might think it is overpowered: 
Vazarin is a heal, it doesn't protect the objective. You need to be in Operator mode to use it. This means that you have to go back into your Warframe at some point to kill the enemies. 
The objective is still vulnerable and can die if you don't kill the enemies and heal it up fast enough. 
It is still a game, and definitely a challenge if you're a solo player. 
Whereas a defense frame such as Limbo, Frost, and Gara all have an easy time defending objectives because they simply just stop the incoming damage. If their barrier dies, they can summon more.
Defense frames are still better than Vazarin. Vazarin is just a tool you can use to play more than defense frames for defense objectives. 

1 hour ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

Teased for weeks, drops with 0 clarifications, potentially insane grind, relies on having people doing 2 different types of missions at the same time when 1 of them is underpopulated.  Rewards are garbage 🙂

In what way is this a new war ? What so you just shoot a blue bubble kill enemies then defend a target ? What's so special about this event. Sentients ? nice. 

This is the fastest i've ever alt f4'd on new content from Warframe ever. Damn. 

If you like the event, good for you. Just my opinion.

The nova skin is top notch though, best part of the update. 

DE doing DE things as usual

• Like 5