Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Scarlet Spear: Hotfix 27.3.5

[DE]Megan

DE, stop, STOP saying you've fixed the kill codes not received by space crews. That GOD DAMN issue is still there! We just aborted a Murex raid when the timer went down to zero. And we were still onboard that damn Murex for the past 30 minutes! 

DE, don't LIE and say you've fixed this when you haven't. It brings players unexpected hopes high and then have it come crashing down to misery-filled oblivion!

If you can't tell I am pissed. I am, pillock.

So it seems like Killcodes are not coming in consistently. Still very buggy which is the most important thing because we won't be able to drive the Murex away due to this.. But look at what I found out below

NnRh9ds.jpg

Even those in space are actually "Sending Kill Codes" not receiving them. No wonder it doesn't come in! 

I did two ground runs today and hit multiple issues.  During one of the runs the condrix didn't open in it's vulnerable phase, twice:

Spoiler

q6I4GOB.jpg

U2HVjWW.jpg

We managed to kill it by jumping on top and shooting an opening:

Spoiler

K386oEX.jpg

Those two runs got me over the threshold for the operations II emblem but the orbiter display shows a lower amount and no checkmark next to the second emblem:

Spoiler

AkzUabf.jpg

I'm also guessing the relay was not supposed to display `|PROGRESS/REQ| in retreat` after the wave ended:

Spoiler

ky67xxl.jpg

3 hours ago, Dippy_Daredevil said:

So it seems like Killcodes are not coming in consistently. Still very buggy which is the most important thing because we won't be able to drive the Murex away due to this.. But look at what I found out below

NnRh9ds.jpg

Even those in space are actually "Sending Kill Codes" not receiving them. No wonder it doesn't come in! 

Yes, and if you check the kill code receiver list, it's empty and the sender list is full. Hope DE is gonna have a look at this even though it's weekend.

Hi DE,

Thanks for all the hardwork on this event already, and giving us such a good game over the last 7 Years.
Minor Issue of not getting the payout for my score last night.

Spoiler

Rxdjc44.jpg

Image Above: This was from a Murex last night roughly 11pm UK Time (GMT), Little Duck sent me the Emblem but no Credits attached.

Spoiler

bKaZ3pd.jpg

3kFmkNA.jpg

2 Images Above: Couple hours earlier yesterday got the emblem and the credits.

Thanks.

Keep Safe and NInjas Play for Free!

Not sure how it is for everyone. But i just jumped on, picked a flotilla that wasn't too close to be being completed, and started a ground mission. this ended after about 5 waves as the 100/100 murex was completed, now there are no instances with slots i can join. I get plonked into a new empty flotilla with 0/100 done and only an hour remaining and there is an hour wait for the next reset. so i guess it's about luck when i log on, unless i sit and wait for an hours or so each time?

While I understand the balancing decision to keep Split Flights off of Bramma/Lenz, why crossbows? I happen to enjoy the aesthetic of a crossbow, but it just doesn't compare to most other weapons in terms of viability, and this mod might do something about that.

Granted, if there are foreseeable problems, whether in game mechanics or overall balancing, I'd like to learn about them, but as it stands crossbows have slow projectile speed and drop limiting their range ,and generally slow fire rate, neither of which you want when you have hitscan assault rifles at the ready. Split Flights doesn't seem capable of making crossbows overpowered given those quirks of the playstyle, it would more likely convert your crossbow to a shotgun, and if someone wants a shotgun there are better options.

About the Basmu now, I have to agree with everyone else sadly, its stats are subpar in every respect compared to the Fulmin, and the Altfire/Reload effects only having a 10m range makes it look like you were maybe testing the mechanics for an unreleased primary kitgun, which at least brings some hope you'll be updating the gun to be at least equal to Fulmin.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to leak info about new content, get some feedback so you have more an idea on where to take it. Working with numbers seems to have gone pretty well at least seeing as most of the kuva weps are actually quite respectable, while leaving other options within reason to use... though Bramma may as well be cut and reworked at this point, I don't mind a weapon being popular, there's always going to be favorites, but this is more a balancing problem.

I don't mind these potential Scarlet changes and fixes taking time, but every day people can't play or enjoy an event is time wasted. If enough of it can be fixed soon enough for positive feedback, it would be well worth extending the event for those that missed out due to the current problems.

In the end though, it is your game, your company, and I doubt many of us have our own games or companies. It's obvious enough you're working hard and making progress, and the struggle to produce content is further troubled by lack of staffing, loads of unexpected problems in the software... but really this is a nice game with great social atmosphere, and I don't ever want to lose that.

Hi

i barely write something on forums even i read them frequently.I play WF from release on PS4,then i moved on PC because aiming on controler is not my thing and want to enjoy the game more.I used to play daily and have fun or simply relaxed in game.Im average player who enjoy almost every frame or game mode is to offer and by nature im grinding-friendly.Watching Devstreams and prime time too.

I played SS three day in row everytime till end rotation of loop and buyed Basmu BP and two 0rank arcanes till this point.Mostly playing ground mission solo up to 7 round.I have played with teams too,in space or ground so i can have better insight in this new addiction to game,still prefering earth mission over space.in summary approximately 11-12 hours of play in SS.

to the point.

I have played space mission with full meta-prepared squad(+ myself) and only challenge to them is if we are get some codes.Mission is over very quick and have no sense using RJ other than taxi around.Not blaming players but structure of mission.Played with average ppl and two immediatly leave as they propably saw no Limbo,no Mesa.Tryied with two low rank players on my semi decent RJ.Flying as fast as i can to hide ship in Murex because there is no way how can i explain to one,that his Volt with Soma/Sibear kombo is awesome to see but slightly inefficient for this type of work in case of invading enemies.We do two Murax waves,than codes stop comming(yesterday after hotfix) so after 15 mins we go back to flotila even i see codes literally sending every 7-10 secs but no one receiwing or our team sure not.Flotila 68/100 - 9 min to end - bad ending.

Played lot of solo ground missions,alternating builds for most efficient AND FUN way to help flotila and ofc to ditch me some creds.Ended with 7 round rounds as time invested/scaling i see promised for me.Three runs,some creds many codes sended,few received.Going in flotila to see that from 4/3 ratio on ground/space we are now one Murex team and one ground team.That ground team was myself  only and still no codes received by my companions in far far space.Ppl deserted 😄 .Flotila 8/100 - 48mins to end - bad ending.Othertime i have one 17 round mission with some good Volt player(i tested Mesa) so duoble is not easy but it can be done.it was challenging eand fun,at least for me 😄

Zombie flotilas,enemies on earth flying trough objects,going to same flotila with no murex found,squad members leaving or adding problems and etc are hotfixed or will be so i dont wanna repeat same things as they can be read from others.

I slowly accepted fact that this event purpose is not FUN but testing new mechanics (squadbuglink) and grindfest adaptability on players and seeing what they can do.I do appreciate that in current world state DE will and can bring something to entertain players but in state you are released and keep hotfixed this clunky update im not suprised for many players frustration.Event is from my perspective not geared well to different type of players - veterans have no challenge,new players/lower geared are struggling in early phases of missions.Ppl with plenty of time will propably burning trough to obtain rewards,other "weekend" players buy at least weapons BP but very few really enjoy concept or story narration of event,what i see is mainly only chasing that litle shiny thing on end,bugs or not,the prize is what is important.

In event we can obtain some arcanes and we can buy what we want,that is awesome if i can compare it to Raid/Tridolon acquisition.If i want certain one i can buy it,this is very good.Some of us never dualstack arcanes because it is not needed,or not have them or dont care.Revisiting this you decided to aply only one type to by applicable,as far i see good thing in rebalancing system as whole.But increasing level of arcanes to obtain same or slightly better efect as before and forcing players to grind them again if they want them back in shape is not what i expect.Why not give players who have for example full barier 3 before,after update full barier now lv 5 ? This way you can show some respect for that player time or plat investment and not turning some of them against you.So in the end "we dont wanna force you to grind them again" is not that exactly true what do you think ?

Horrible explanation on credit bonus and event schema as whole in Day 1.I played one ground til extract as early as i can because of flying sentient enemy unit got bugged in tree ,going to LDuck to compare my creds obtained (90 or so) vs obtainable rewards vs needed time investment vs my motivation factor.At that moment i know that this event need to polish and i mean a LOT or it is not for me.Prices give me back wibe of DogDays where event is for me fun and played it some time but rewards prices are so high so i played it only for novelty or distraction and we are talking about mainly fluffs decorations with no real impact on game.Yes there are players,efficient or exploitative players able to ruin intended reward system (i dont wanna insult anyone better then other),but setting it too high is at least for me very very negative.After that a went to forums to read DE informations about event,other ppl reactions,ideas etc.Many pages to read.litle sense to me at that moment.So i gave up and went to space and ground for entertaiment and hoping i will explain itself.I mean it is difficult to explain things in game ? Like more text from Duck or something.Overcomplexed time limited event with timers for goal achievement and gameplay,where you reward is not fun but repeating same things over and hoping for smooth bugfree progress,that was my first impression and honestly i want avoid event completly at first.

If squadlink not working properly bug cannot be effectively and truly fixed,can you invent some flotilabank or something that can store sended codes to automaticly gave them space parties if available ?I know it kills purpose of that addiction but i will be glad if i know that my 30 or more mins on ground time will actualy help other players and flotila as whole and we all have good ending so we can play less stressfully and be nicely awarded for it.

Also consider doing event (bugfree and polished) repeatable as Plague star for example,or in best scenario return old operations too to game so every player,old or new can enjoy litle more story and can be entertained if they wish.

Wish DE team best luck with next steps and Tenno more forbearance .) Also sorry for my english.

Hi DE Team, thanks for the continous updates and hotfixes.

I came across some more or less "interesting" things I wanted to write down.

Bugs:
- Sometimes the Arsenal Button vanishes into the void, preventing me from teleporting from starchart to arsenal etc. Sometimes it just disappeares.
- Please have a look at the "Kill X Dargyn Pilots mid-air" riven-task. 1 out of 10 counts toward it when I try to kill them while they are magnetized with Mags second ability. Trying to halt them via Limbo's 4 doesn't work either, they just die when they enter the Cataclysm and I don't get progress. Even with Mesa's 4 not all of the mid-air killed Pilots counts toward the score.
- I joined a Railjack Crew lately and the sideturrets could not be used. The platform, where one have to press X to man it were already downslided and could not be operated with. The option to press X to use it was still there, but just did not functioned.
- Sometimes a crewship keeps lingering mid-space after I destroy the reactor inside.

Bad:
- Please make the timewindow where you-know-what spawns more wide. Keeps me from obtaining the Erra Quest since it's implementation and I cannot take part in Scarlet Spear this way.
- Why on Earth is Scarlet Spear not a permanent Mission type? Doesn't it belong to the storybranch of Warframe? Or is it returning someday in the future?
- It feels extremely weird to shot at level 5 Corpus and they do not die instantly because of shield gating. I would like an increase of damage which "leaks" into the HP pool of them.

Good:
- I really like what Baro brings back from the void recently. Can't wait to see some new Prisma Weapons or Mods in the future.
- Your Armor and Shield-buffs to Warframes look good, I feel much more encouraged to play different Warframes for tanky stuff other than Frost, Rhino and Valkyr.

That beeing said, I wanted to express my thanks to your hard work, even in times like this. Keep all well and don't overrush things. Patching things in a steady pace and step by step only contributes to the quality of this game. I don't think everything will ever be fixed nor do I expect it to but at least you care.

12 minutes ago, PyroMail.Com said:

- It feels extremely weird to shot at level 5 Corpus and they do not die instantly because of shield gating. I would like an increase of damage which "leaks" into the HP pool of them.

Use Toxin damage or get a headshot, both these ignore enemy shield gating (though the headshot will still take into account the enemies' shields as part of their total HP).

5 minutes ago, claymence said:

dude srsly ur kind of "do it this way" pro tip is so annoying

Apologies if it seems that way, I was in a rush while typing and didn't mean to put it like that. It's just a suggestion after all, I can't make anyone do anything. I do not intend to promote how the game works, but how to work around it in an efficient manner.

However, if you feel I'm not sincere enough, perhaps you should find all the threads and comments that say "don't play Limbo", as that seems of more concern. Trying to exclude an entire playstyle compared to matching your weapons' mods to the factions you fight? Very popular train of thought.

22 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Still no changes to the bonus payout mechanics... I'm guessing DE just aren't listening to the main issue again

This ^

And how about the price drop as well, rather then 1k to 1.5k (and the weapons), Cuz we all know the "rare" arcane will be stupidly Over-Priced 

how many squads fit in a relay,a?

because here is some progression for you, how is it, that 16 squads, that is what 64 players, cannot finish 100/100 in time??

Remove time limit, if people are willing to stay and grind for bonus (that still may not be payed)

30 minutes 30 ships, at this pace its 1,5-2 hours to a 100.. but relay gets players slowly and missions are not 5 minutes you know! WHO did the math on this, I want NAMES!

RGWhYp9iVwrzWv1XKwLvP_M4c9aAkWv3YdIXYPdN

46xi0CunRINa7e3GGzg1lEvF6QuCuaw4FdmIk-2V

xm2PSFGM1o7yXRDnKhdk2hkQBy2MCerqX4yCGf5p

Archived