Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are people acting like they paid for scarlet spear and got ripped off lol ?

DonIMdon

Like I understand why people would want it to be the best FLC that adds another 1k hours of unique and ever changing gameplay that never gets boring but I mean come on. I think its alright for what is, I personally didnt really experience too many bugs and I think its better than plague star and ginding this event is better than getting MK-ULTRAed by all the flashing lights that happen during edelion fights. I get the price of stuff is pretty BS but at the same time we have a month plus they said they would extend it, so why would you blow your brains out grinding it hardcore ?

Also I dont understand the "its repetitive" argument when all games are repetitive. What MMO/MMO-lite are you guys playing where you dont do repetitive things ? Maybe play zelda and super mario and save the princess for the zillionth time ? Or even better yet play a game thats just free for all on the same map over and over and over and over and over. I know what youre thinking, bUt mY GUy waRFaMe wILl dIE if i PlAY aNOThEr GaME foR a LiL. And to that i say, no, no it will not. Thats already been happening for years (myself included, my ass will be playing bannerlord tomorrow, and the next day Im farming corinth prime) and as of typing this, on steam charts alone its sitting at 57693 play 41 mins ago and 86042 playing 24 hrs ago. So i think you can chill for a bit especially if you have hundreds to thousands of hours in.  And if you really are experiencing a lot of bugs or just dont like it then wait till they do hotfixs or dont play it, you literally lose nothing.

In conclusion I definitely dont agree with everything DE does and talks about, I do think they need more challenging stuff to do among other things. And I think the squad link stuff is kinda pointless imo, but as far as this event as a whole goes its alright. I just dont know what people were expecting when every other event has been focused around an repetitive objective. This is coming from someone who paid like 90 bucks for destiny which was a broken horrible disaster of a game with trash DLC that was broken at launch. Then they had the gall to charge 40 dollars to actually make the game fun lol (taken king) which i didnt buy. So maybe thats why this stuff doesnt really bother me when its free.

Edited by DonIMdon
  • Like 22

vor 7 Minuten schrieb DrivaMain:

Because some players are impatient and want to to do this event as fast as possible so they can take another break from this game or go another around of complaining about CoNTeNt DRoUgHT.

its really fun talking some complete trash just to try triggering some people right?

Edited by DreisterDino
  • Like 20

See, farming for hours is not bad if its fun, and I would say that this new gameplay is not so fun, its not defection level boring, but yeach, defending an area for however long is not the most intresting. And it also doesnt put a good light on squadlink, sorry, OPLink in a good light, so I see this as something that DE will forget in the near future.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Because some players are impatient and want to to do this event as fast as possible so they can take another break from this game or go another around of complaining about CoNTeNt DRoUgHT.

you got it animation GIF by SWR Kindernetz

The old truth, summarized in a spectacular and fresh way lmao. Dead in the bullseye.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, Xardis said:

See, farming for hours is not bad if its fun, and I would say that this new gameplay is not so fun, its not defection level boring, but yeach, defending an area for however long is not the most intresting. And it also doesnt put a good light on squadlink, sorry, OPLink in a good light, so I see this as something that DE will forget in the near future.

Can you list any examples of when farming was fun ? What gameplay does it have to have other than just being fun like specifically, what were you expecting ? I agree its not super mind blowing crazy fun but its alright for a free event to do here and there. I also agree squad link is pointless as stated above.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DonIMdon said:

Can you list any examples of when farming was fun ? What gameplay does it have to have other than just being fun like specifically, what were you expecting ? I agree its not super mind blowing crazy fun but its alright for a free event to do here and there. I also agree squad link is pointless as stated above.

Farming was is and will be a thing ever since Diablo and probably even before that.

If it's not a story driven Sp game it's farm.

It is about farming being fun. This is much better than PS, which people seem to welcome.

vor 18 Minuten schrieb (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu:

It's a valid and cogent criticism. If you felt targeted it was probably because you're one of those people. I dont know.

Nah im fine 😉

i decided for me that the gameplay is insanly boring and that i wont do it just for some rewards.

Maybe i play a few more rounds here and there, maybe not (and if not i will just pick the rewards from somewhere else).

Still, that doesnt mean i can't see when someone uses some sort of a strawman argument and mixes stuff which doesnt belong together to make it sound like a valid point.

I mean, i could also make something up about you guys who are now celebrating that someone finally speaks the truth and make assumptions about "your group" to make you look stupid, but i wont.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb (PS4)LeBlingKing:

I mean... I liked Disruption.  

And yes, i was about to say this too, i liked the Clan Event and was begging DE to keep something like that implemented in the game.

Edited by DreisterDino
  • Like 3

I don't get it either. The only real flaw I've found in it is that space missions have zero engagement due to the Limbo meta and that fighting the Sentients is optional.

And sure the event had a lot of bugs but honestly what event/update hasn't had bugs like this? Even if someone is of the opinion that the game shouldn't have bug issues every single update at some point you either need to get over it and accept that it's how DE does updates or move on to a different game.

• Like 5

My only complaint is they don’t have any anti limbo thing in place. At this point they need to make an eximus that deactivates ability’s when they walk into them. Because if limbo was not in the game it would make this event funnier. That reflects to every other part of the game too. 

Also fix the Railjack part to the jack being under threat at all times. Was flying one around with another guy during a run (got board because of a limbo) and it made it a lot of fun. 

Edited by BDMblue
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, DonIMdon said:

Can you list any examples of when farming was fun ?

I actually feel like I had a lot more fun cracking relics in a group for an hour, sure the loop was the same but there was at least a question of "What's gonna pop out of the relic next?".

Recently though with things like Liches and Empyrean (Scarlet Spear isn't on Switch quite yet so I'll refrain from speaking about that) I knew exactly how each thing was going to go, every single mission was so unchanging and what I got out of it was so utterly meaningless that it made me think "Why am I doing this?" far more than even casually opening relics.

Empyrean especially was guilty of this because of how obtusely expensive it was to repair MK1-2 items meaning that it was better just to wait for MK3 Sigmas 90% of the time. Liches frontloaded all the grind for a single weapon so it felt like a mountain of busywork just to get one Lich weapon.

To echo what other people have said I also enjoyed Disruption far more than recent content if only because there was a certain finesse to it, granted I only ran it with random players but it felt so good when everything was working so well you could do 2-3 keys at the same time. Empyrean and Liches are very rigid in design; Empyrean has a very simplistic mission structure and Liches basically can only be done by focusing on the limited nodes, you also gain very little side benefits while hunting a Lich (Yay random requiem relics...).

The issue is that recent content is that DE forgot to install some illusion that you aren't doing the same thing with minor different approaches to the grind, it is just the same thing over and over while chasing a carrot on a stick. Yes, while games like Warframe are exactly that in a nutshell they thrive on the illusion that they aren't just another treadmill, when the illusion fails people tend to wonder "Why am I doing this anymore" hence some of the disgruntlement.

That's not to say that there isn't a good portion of people who are just complaining for the sake of it, but there are legitimate issues that exist too.

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 2

I agree with OP but I also say that the content NEEDS to be polished a little berfore taking it to the players, there are a couple of bugs that kills all the fun hours inside the mission and some other things like the prices vs. rewards/time invested but it is a simple and nice event. I hope DE puts the new beta servers to work soon, and hope that they have a lot of good testers.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

And yes, i was about to say this too, i liked the Clan Event and was begging DE to keep something like that implemented in the game.

Wasn't the clan event Defection?

'cause I love me some Disruption but Defection will make me cry.

Edited by MagPrime

The thing for most people is that one it's incredibly buggy(players hate wasting their time), there are issues over how (and if) you get paid the bonus and at the end of the day it is incredibly repetitive.... the missions are literally doing 2 things over and over again...

Ground mission - shoot glowy orb on enemy while new beacon is active, kill or cc ads,move to new location on same map (only so many actual spots though)... repeat 17 times for max points from mission

Space mission - move through space with relay thing, go inside then cc while the new beacons wait for codes to be sent... return to ship and repeat 5 times for max points from mission

Repeat A or B, on the same 2 maps, until you get 5k points in 2-3 hours and get your full 10k bonus, assuming you can be bothered...Repeat as necessary for any rewards you want... if you don't see the above as repetitive I have no idea what you'd need for it be seen as repetitive...

And don't forget Scarlet Spear is another thing DE have been hyping up for months and what we get is nowhere near the level of hype they've been giving it, and while most of us have come to expext nowhere near the level of hype a new release is given, this one is shockingly poor and we shouldn't be defending DE when they do something wrong (this isn't the first thing of late), we need to tell them so they hopefully don't do it again. 

The problem is that DE have currently got into a 'groove' where new content is basically revolving around excessive grind of repetitive and minimally varying content rather than quality replayable content which ultimately isn't fun for a lot of players.

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 4

vor 3 Minuten schrieb MagPrime:

Wasn't the clan event Defection?

'cause I love me some Disruption but Defection will make me cry.

Nope i would never beg for anything Defection related 😄

I meant the Event which came with the Gas-City Remaster last year (imo nice challenge and incentive to really try your best with a fair reward-structure at the same time)

• Like 1

Just now, DreisterDino said:

Nope i would never beg for anything Defection related 😄

I meant the Event which came with the Gas-City Remaster last year (imo nice challenge and incentive to really try your best with a fair reward-structure at the same time)

I feel horrible in that I'm a clan leader and I have no memory of any clan aspect of the Disruption event.