The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

YouTubers and streamers need to be more careful

(PSN)drollive96

6 hours ago, Xkorpitron said:

Again you missing my point, majority of the community plays this game for the fun, if you're not having fun, take a break and play other games, that's why i did, or quit if you're that burned out from the game, whatever, and yes i was kinda upset they changed ember, i was upset they nerfed a bunch of weapons i liked, but hey, life goes on, and you might be right, i might not last that long, who knows, but just the fact you said you switch from PC to console, tells me, you're better off with a final version of the product, rather being an "alpha tester" that's fine too, nothing wrong with that, but when you said, what you said i giggled a bit, and also i agree RJ was and still is a bit buggy, but like i said, just be patient, throwing salt aint going solve anything, and expect a group of people to join your crusade.

but I’m not in any crusade tho... just explained my point of view saying something which ppl maybe don’t like it. But of course time to time I just leave and come back... just remember here it’s just typed words which depends on ur humor and some other factors... and that’s why I exclude emotional states since my humor can be waaay diferent than ppl reading and can take criticism as offense...if you like being an alpha tester there’s nothing wrong it’s a personal decision u made... I just decided put myself in costumer place because as you said “game is for fun” and I personally don’t have fun with unfinished things (not just games)... but that’s my personal choice... I really don’t ask anyone to follow, agree or even disagree... just respect as I respect doesn’t matter the subject (if keep outside personal)... I respect opinions here and gave mine and I’m sure it’s just different angles for the crystal... but pls don’t get as salt or emotional... just opinion 

22 hours ago, (PS4)f0l1v31r4 said:

Yeah I’m just afraid of RJ become another fortuna spider. Which sHould be 3 but they don’t even have idea for the 3rd.

That’s could be the best option... but idk if you remember before lich we were 8months (or more) without any playable content (not rework or frame/prime releases). Because one dev was in existencial crises not knowing if he wants to keep doing this.... that was a big part of that problem.... then when he decided to keep doing ppl were angry and extremely pissed without content... then lots of yt guys started to release videos saying something like “grab ur pitchfork let’s burn DE”... by that time I was just laughing cuz it’s just switch games no need try to start a revolution... 

I think it’s deeper than that.... cuz if it was that they could just create a pool then ground ppl populate that pool and space teams just dry that pool... isn’t hard do that.... I think there’s more problems than that... like server overload... netcom overloaded... they need to find a way to not overload the system or invest in more hardware (which I think they can’t due to financial costs). Of course that’s just my opinion.... but can be a merge between those opinions also...

It is possible RJ turns out that way, but the different is we've seen an actual plan for RJ. With the orbs it was more quiet and they came over time. We only ever saw two orbs but then when the second one wasnt the one in the lake people started speculating about a third which DE also started to imply intent for releasing. But that was already after Fortuna was released. With RJ we've seen the plans in print prior to the release.

Which dev had an existencial crisis when? All I know as causes for actual content delays have been masses of reworks during 2019. And liches released end of october, there had definently not been 8 months without releases. Wisp was added May 22 with a whole new game mode and full revamp of Jupiter (with a new boss fight also), a mode that later got expanded on with Gauss. It isnt like we didnt get things that involved work hours. We also had the revamped PoE during 2019.

Someone in another thread said they already had a pool. So I'm not entirely sure anymore what the cause is and it doesnt seem like DE can reproduce it (according to the latest patch notes). So it is very likely related to latency issues for the people in question and I'm not entirely sure what DE can do about that.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

It is possible RJ turns out that way, but the different is we've seen an actual plan for RJ. With the orbs it was more quiet and they came over time. We only ever saw two orbs but then when the second one wasnt the one in the lake people started speculating about a third which DE also started to imply intent for releasing. But that was already after Fortuna was released. With RJ we've seen the plans in print prior to the release.

Which dev had an existencial crisis when? All I know as causes for actual content delays have been masses of reworks during 2019. And liches released end of october, there had definently not been 8 months without releases. Wisp was added May 22 with a whole new game mode and full revamp of Jupiter (with a new boss fight also), a mode that later got expanded on with Gauss. It isnt like we didnt get things that involved work hours. We also had the revamped PoE during 2019.

Someone in another thread said they already had a pool. So I'm not entirely sure anymore what the cause is and it doesnt seem like DE can reproduce it (according to the latest patch notes). So it is very likely related to latency issues for the people in question and I'm not entirely sure what DE can do about that.

There's a security satellite in the sky for Profit Taker... can't there be a second and more direct way to fight that annoying boss? Could be like reverse Operation Scarlet Spear. The Railjacks in the sky send down shield codes to temporarily disable Profit Taker's shields and the Tenno on the ground just off the darn thing. Then we can skip all that annoying Solaris United dialogue!

Would be neat to have both Heists and reverse Operation Scarlet Spear as a way to fight this boss.

1 hour ago, nslay said:

There's a security satellite in the sky for Profit Taker... can't there be a second and more direct way to fight that annoying boss? Could be like reverse Operation Scarlet Spear. The Railjacks in the sky send down shield codes to temporarily disable Profit Taker's shields and the Tenno on the ground just off the darn thing. Then we can skip all that annoying Solaris United dialogue!

Would be neat to have both Heists and reverse Operation Scarlet Spear as a way to fight this boss.

That is a brilliant idea. They could keep it so we still can do it the old fashion way, but if there is a squad in space that does their thing the mechanic can be skipped for the ground crew or something. It would also fall inline 100% with the idea of squad link, the way they presented it to us at first, as something to let us skip things, things we'd otherwise be able to solve in a different slower way. Not like it is now where you are SoL in space if there isnt a ground crew, you cant hard crack the codes in space.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Which dev had an existencial crisis when?

I don’t like to say names to not make things personal... but the history was... this particular dev was in that crisis then he went to Japan (in sorta type of event) then the next dev stream he said “oh I wasn’t sure if I want keep doing this and them after this trip I got a lot of ideas and i decided I want keep “feeding this monster””

All I know as causes for actual content delays have been masses of reworks during 2019. And liches released end of october, there had definently not been 8 months without releases.

Was a time which lots of yt guys started to release some videos in the way “grab ur pitch fork guys let’s burn de” because a lot of them as “content creators” had no content to talk about... that was close to when that yt guy made a video saying “I’m quitting wf” because of burnout then ppl started to burn him and someone from DE said “he never was a good content creator anyways” then ppl start to say bad things about DE because he was created by them had 200k+ subs and hundreds of videos about wf...

by that time we had no playable content for like 6 months... then 2 months after they released wisp and then lich and so on...

Someone in another thread said they already had a pool. So I'm not entirely sure anymore what the cause is

Yeah can be latency... hardware overload... just hope they can be able to fixe it before connect all the islands (lich / RJ / oplink).

We only ever saw two orbs

Yes but before the orbs even exists in a dev stream was mentioned 3 phases meaning 3 spiders... I don’t remember the joke but by that time even The host of dev streams made a joke about 3 spiders. Then in the last dev stream (or one before) he said...”we have no ideas for the 3rd. Ask them to send us ideas”

Edited by (PS4)f0l1v31r4

On 2020-04-05 at 1:19 PM, m0b1us1 said:

According to several warframe partners, DE doesn't even listen to them on the partner feedback discord. From what we have been told recently, there are maybe 4 or 5 partners at most who actually use the warframe partner feedback discord, all the others basically just outright stopped because DE doesn't listen to them. Look at their videos, I haven't seen a positive one from almost any partner in a long long time.

That's because 'Feedback' does not equal 'do literally everything I say' which is what the want it to be. I immediately know there was something wrong with Rahetalius when he said 'they're listening but their not listening' that basically means he wants to steal Steve Sinclairs job as being the creative director at that point. 

The kind of feedback that they WILL listen to and take into CONSIDERATION is one that actually respects what they're doing with their game while having actual points.

For example I gave a very detailed EXAMPLE REWORK for Limbo a few years and I stated why I think this is better for the character by pointing out the issues I had with it. They didn't do exactly what I said but it got the point across because I was explaining what people were upset with and that was that he has too much control over other players but he  DIDN"T DO ENOUGH with his concept at the time.

Eventually they came up with their own idea for a rework and eventually we ended up with the current version. The issue with these specific warframe partners is that they have revealed that they are entitled as heck because they aren't specifically being listened to. Now they are saying DE needs to stop making NEW CONTENT and refine OLD CONTENT that basically isn't going to do anything for the game unless DE is planning to revamp the NEW Player experience again. Meanwhile if DE were to do this I am 100% certain these will turn around and then complaining about content drought.

The best feedback you can give is how they can improve a feature for example rahetalius Vabaun rework video was example why he thought something along those lines would have ben good for the character and then explaining what the issues were the character. They gave vaubaun a rework that he was mostly satisfied with but had nitpicks because they didn't do 100% of what he said and then to make a video claiming 'THEY ARE LISTENING but NOT LISTENING' shows that there is something wrong with him.

So I am actually relieved that DE isn't catering to these people specifically.

Now as for the actual topic I expected the Rakta dagger to get nerfed because non tank frames act like tanks and from what I understand the point of 'Shield Gating' was to use the opportunity to find cover or use cc to let the shields recharge the fact you can completely bypass the 'recharge' concept of shields to be completely immortal as non tank frame clearly looked like it was unintended so yeah they are gonna nerf it since volt's character design isn't to face tank everything which means that had to fix it.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, AbstractLemons said:

That's because 'Feedback' does not equal 'do literally everything I say' which is what the want it to be. I immediately know there was something wrong with Rahetalius when he said 'they're listening but their not listening' that basically means he wants to steal Steve Sinclairs job as being the creative director at that point. 

The kind of feedback that they WILL listen to and take into CONSIDERATION is one that actually respects what they're doing with their game while having actual points.

For example I gave a very detailed EXAMPLE REWORK for Limbo a few years and I stated why I think this is better for the character by pointing out the issues I had with it. They didn't do exactly what I said but it got the point across because I was explaining what people were upset with and that was that he has too much control over other players but he  DIDN"T DO ENOUGH with his concept at the time.

Eventually they came up with their own idea for a rework and eventually we ended up with the current version. The issue with these specific warframe partners is that they have revealed that they are entitled as heck because they aren't specifically being listened to. Now they are saying DE needs to stop making NEW CONTENT and refine OLD CONTENT that basically isn't going to do anything for the game unless DE is planning to revamp the NEW Player experience again. Meanwhile if DE were to do this I am 100% certain these will turn around and then complaining about content drought.

The best feedback you can give is how they can improve a feature for example rahetalius Vabaun rework video was example why he thought something along those lines would have ben good for the character and then explaining what the issues were the character. They gave vaubaun a rework that he was mostly satisfied with but had nitpicks because they didn't do 100% of what he said and then to make a video claiming 'THEY ARE LISTENING but NOT LISTENING' shows that there is something wrong with him.

So I am actually relieved that DE isn't catering to these people specifically.

Now as for the actual topic I expected the Rakta dagger to get nerfed because non tank frames act like tanks and from what I understand the point of 'Shield Gating' was to use the opportunity to find cover or use cc to let the shields recharge the fact you can completely bypass the 'recharge' concept of shields to be completely immortal as non tank frame clearly looked like it was unintended so yeah they are gonna nerf it since volt's character design isn't to face tank everything which means that had to fix it.

I for once dont have anything against Rahetalius, but sometimes he gives that idea...creative director, honestly i agree with your take on this, DE doesnt need to follow every youtuber, as they stated before, they're doing their own thing, and if they were to revamp old content, people would *@##$ about content drought, if there's new content, people will *@##$ about old content not being revised....this is when i grab my popcorn and watch the keyboard warriors go at it, moral of the story is, DE will never please everyone, and they gotta please the majority, sure mistakes are going to be made, they've been on this for 7 years ish, they recognize their mistakes, they improved it, and still people find little things to come here and dispute the fact DE doesnt do anything or doesnt care about it and make it seem like they're the worst company lately(aka being own by the chinese), so again i'll say, everytime you look at these youtubers, like rahetalius, take their word with a grain of salt, when the titles are something sensationalist, cuz at the end of the day, they might love the game, but they also wanna earn their revenue on youtube.

Edited by Xkorpitron
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)f0l1v31r4 said:

I don’t like to say names to not make things personal... but the history was... this particular dev was in that crisis then he went to Japan (in sorta type of event) then the next dev stream he said “oh I wasn’t sure if I want keep doing this and them after this trip I got a lot of ideas and i decided I want keep “feeding this monster””

Was a time which lots of yt guys started to release some videos in the way “grab ur pitch fork guys let’s burn de” because a lot of them as “content creators” had no content to talk about... that was close to when that yt guy made a video saying “I’m quitting wf” because of burnout then ppl started to burn him and someone from DE said “he never was a good content creator anyways” then ppl start to say bad things about DE because he was created by them had 200k+ subs and hundreds of videos about wf...

by that time we had no playable content for like 6 months... then 2 months after they released wisp and then lich and so on...

Nothing I've really seen or heard officially and one dev is certainly not enough to stop projects.

We had constant content updates up to Wisp, Hildryn for instance was released in connection to an operation in early March, prior to that we had Profit Taker in the middle of december. There werent even 3 months between those content releases. Maybe it wasnt content that the content creators could find ideas to do stuff with, but who the #*!% really cares? It was still content we played as players. The content creators have constantly exaggerated things. That same person that said he was quitting claimed during a content draught in 2018 that WF was "bleeding players" when the numbers were still increasing during that very low-tide point in time. And that guy was never good because all he did was create click bait drama videos with rehashed gameplay and him blabbering on for way too long about nothing in particular.

It isnt exacly hard to look up when things were released if you go to the wiki. Such lengthy periods of draught is not a thing, not even during 2019 when so many things were reworked.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

That same person that said he was quitting claimed during a content draught in 2018 that WF was "bleeding players"

Yeah that for sure I just talked about him to bring some timeline so everyone can follow the time frame. About yt guys being delivering hidden “burn de” msgs I just laugh and not even add a reaction to that...

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Nothing I've really seen or heard officially and one dev is certainly not enough to stop projects.

Actually kinda of “new projects” was just the rework... the rest of that was already half way done... we need to remember any project based company work at least 1 or 2 projects ahead from what is delivered... even SS was half ready when they start the WFH. The main idea was ready but core idea was like 40% (had objects but no connected)

but it’s ok since we’re changing a bit the subject and we’re good now... let’s just hope excessive grindy islands just stop.

3 hours ago, Xkorpitron said:

they've been on this for 7

Man just a question since I’m wasn’t here all that time...

they were like this for 7 years (which means since first release)?

2 hours ago, (PS4)f0l1v31r4 said:

Man just a question since I’m wasn’t here all that time...

they were like this for 7 years (which means since first release)?

you know what i meant, they've been on this business for 7 years, when most of major companies told they wouldnt last 6 months...

• Like 1

On 2020-04-05 at 10:56 AM, SenorClipClop said:

Often when a thing gets nerfed (especially as in the way Limbo's Cataclysm was nerfed recently), it's been exploitable for a long time

Sry but could someone catch me up on this one? What was the exploit with Cataclysm?

I don't play Limbo much. Not an expert. Don't know all his nuances.

I'm aware of Cataclysm and Stasis, but I thought that's what he's meant to do. Was that somehow an exploit?

Or was there some other thing, like a truly unintended flaw that people were abusing?

There's actually been statements made in the past by some of the larger partners where they didn't want to share a build because they didn't want it to get nerfed.  The fact that DE sees one thread on the subreddit with a "look what I did lol" title where they "abuse" a mechanic one time and then literally no one ever sees it happen again, and decides to nerf players based on that one video, is ridiculous.  

People spend their limited free time choosing to play this game and while playing they put that time into building things out.  Forma on frames and weapons, farming for arcanes, rerolling rivens hundreds of times.  Then DE comes along with it's stupid little player-use metrics and goes "People like this because it's good so we're going to make it not good so that the things that are total hammered dog S#&$ look more appealing and the player use metrics balance out on our precious spreadsheet."  It completely wastes all the time people have spent on those things.  Progress is essentially removed and you have to redo work you've already done to get back to where you were and want to be.  It also spends DE's limited time on nerfs and pissing off players, when they could be buffing severely under-performing gear, fixing actual bugs, and polishing up the dumpster fire that is the content they've shipped out in the last year.  Or you know.  Fulfilling all the promises they've made and not kept.  Like nearly every single thing shown in the last two Tennocons.  Where is our Mag rework/augment to do the thing shown in the trailer you had made but haven't really used anywhere?  New player experience?  New round of Nightwave?  Tenno Reinforcements?  Anything?

There needs to be a whole lot less time spent monitoring player forums to find things to nerf and a whole lot more not releasing time-limited events until you can guarantee they function for the limited time they're available.

While I agree the recent nerfs are rather absurd, the blame is more on DE than the players if I’m being brutally honest here. DE doesn’t play test their game which has been shown time and time again. Can’t blame the players for finding an OP setup when the developers leave said broken setup in the game for weeks, months and don’t blink an eye until it’s negating a portion of the game where they don’t want that. Which come the random and sudden nerfs. 

There’s a ton of OP things in the game for sure, but if DE doesn’t want said OP item in the game, then don’t add it or make is so broken DE, simple as that. It unfortunately reinforces the idea that they don’t play their own game, which is sad to see since I want to love Warframe but can’t anymore.

14 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I can see you find it’s quite obvious, but as I don’t have your perspective I’m inclined to ask what makes it so simple? 🤔 I’m curious as to whether there’s something I missed and would love additional clarification on where you’re coming from. You might have knowledge beyond my own that I can add to mine, and that’d be great

As I said, there’s a lot of things that are OP in the game, Whether that be: 

• Riven Mods which are broken OP
  • Saryn clearing rooms clean in a matter of seconds 
  • Octavia going invisible and cheesing missions stupid easy
  • Chroma’s old setup with Vex armor which was primarily used for Eidolons, which was eventually nerfed after 1 or 2 years or something if I can recall
  • Ash’s old Bladestorm, press 4 to win
  • Equinox
  • Gara’s Spinterstorm with Mass Vitrify
  • Loki going invisible without any restrictions which is way to easy to cheese with
  • Wukong’s pre-rework Defy
  • Mesa‘s 4
  • Inaros
  • Kitguns (Catchmoon was nerfed months and months ago but still good last I saw)
  • The Kuva Bramma with it’s insane damage
  • Pre nerfed Tonkor, Synoid Simulor & Synoid Gammacor
  • Telos Boltace with the unique trait with the sliding, but has stupid damage with it and was nerfed to the ground

A few are definitely old and have been changed since then.

2 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

As I said, there’s a lot of things that are OP in the game, Whether that be:

Oh no, I deleted my question while you were responding 😓 Sorry about that, I hate when I yank the rug out from under people by editing my post while they’re responding. Thanks for the insight into your thinking and I’ll have a look through

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

Just now, (NSW)Greybones said:

Oh no, I deleted my question while you were responding 😓 Sorry about that, I hate when I yank the rug out from under people by editing my post while they’re responding. Thanks for the insight into your thinking and I’ll have a look through

It’s all good lol. I don’t mind.

2 hours ago, FadeToNull said:

Sry but could someone catch me up on this one? What was the exploit with Cataclysm?

I don't play Limbo much. Not an expert. Don't know all his nuances.

I'm aware of Cataclysm and Stasis, but I thought that's what he's meant to do. Was that somehow an exploit?

Or was there some other thing, like a truly unintended flaw that people were abusing?

He was being used to afk Murex, the nerf really only impacts those sort of people, as a group killing Sentients occasionally would kill them before the nerf kicks in. He still functions the same for ground, but turning off the Grineer isn't as bad because ground missions have kill requirements at least. Even after this change, he's still everywhere for a reason.

• Like 2

On 2020-04-05 at 8:36 AM, (PS4)drollive96 said:

I know it wont completely stop all the ridiculous nerfs we have been receiving, but it may help minimize it. Every time they make a video showcasing an op build, they should carefully consider that DE can see it and may nerf things based on those videos if they see things they dont like. I'm keeping all my powerful builds secret now unless its in a place where DE has limited access to, such as within my close circle of friends, or my clan. Everyone else should heed this warning, your actions and what you share can have consequences

Disagree

people going OMG and blaming content creators for popularising specific builds and "making" DE nerf them is the same as DE going OMG and nerfing s*** to the ground when they "discover" an "exploit" that was in the game all along and they only paid attention to it once it got popular.

as has been pointed out many, many times, a lot of these mechanics/"OP" abilities/weapons were in the game for ages and only got nerfed when DE didn't like the numbers. delayed kneejerk nerfs like this are bad because it often invalidates the effort that players have already put in to make these mechanics/builds work; there's often been a big forma/potato/time/effort investment that then suddenly becomes unviable.

i was there for trinity, vivergate, ash bladestorm, draco, mesa, synoid gammacor, synoid simulor (someone at DE hates that cephalon), chroma (no, not the self-damage removal), elytron.. too many to name. this isn't something that DE will change; they will keep "balancing" their game (even though it's pve and not even competitive) and removing "exploits" (even though we're space ninjas and should be a little bit OP), even though they should know the game they made and should be anticipating that players will find the optimal way to do content and maybe try to design their content to be less prone to cheese. DE has the numbers and stats, they made the frames and weapons, they should *know* what their content requires from players and design accordingly instead of punishing players with nerf after nerf.

what i've done over the years is have options for myself. i don't invest too heavily into specific builds, but i have a selection of frames and gear that would work well in most situations. if certain content needed something more specific, i'd try and build it but with as little time and resources as i can manage. i look for neglected or unpopular options that work for me and that i will share if asked in-game but otherwise don't make too much of a fuss about.

don't blame the youtubers and other content creators. some of them genuinely just want to help save our time and get us our rewards by beating some of the incessant grind in this game. if anything, blame DE for not knowing their own game, for repeatedly taking the nerf approach and not valueing players' time. who knows, maybe if the content *wasn't* as *repetitive* and mind-numbing, we would actually slow down and enjoy the game more?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shy0 said:

DE has the numbers and stats, they made the frames and weapons, they should *know* what their content requires from players and design accordingly instead of punishing players with nerf after nerf.

Couldn't agree more.

If they could just balance things before release it wouldn't have to be like this.

I know it can be done. I've seen it done. I'm pretty sure most of us have seen it.

What does DE say to players who've poured dozens of hours into gear? Who've bought potatoes, forma, exilus adapters with IRL money?

I also prefer unpopular weapons, but even those get crushed. When DE swapped self-damage for steep falloffs, a couple of my favorites got caught up in it. They were weapons that had nothing to do with the debate, that no one cared about, that I just happened to enjoy. I'd put so much time into them. I had a riven for one from a Sortie. So there went more hours farming kuva.

I should have just stopped typing. I get pissed off whenever I think about it.

I mean we can take precautions as you described, but the threat is still there. It's all so capricious and indifferent.

I've actually been actively trying to get addicted to a different game. I've installed a few. So far, none have clicked. But there's hardly a shortage. I'll probably give Final Fantasy XIV a shot next. I've always loved MMOs.

9 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

He was being used to afk Murex, the nerf really only impacts those sort of people, as a group killing Sentients occasionally would kill them before the nerf kicks in. He still functions the same for ground, but turning off the Grineer isn't as bad because ground missions have kill requirements at least. Even after this change, he's still everywhere for a reason.

Ah, ok. Thanks. Appreciate the info.

Edited by FadeToNull

On 2020-04-05 at 6:51 PM, Sovyul said:

This many people think DE's primary source of information are e-celebs and not statistics

The answer is both. There are a very few known channels that dish out videos constantly. Very easily 1 person could go trough them in half an hour a day.
The example for the dark dagger is a good one.Statistic won't show sh1t for it, but the videos did.

Edited by vegetosayajin

The rakta dark dagger was always going to get changed following the introduction of shield gating. It didn't require a youtuber.

By the way, DE don't just have statistics on popularity, they have information on your builds, the missions you take them into and how well you do in them. I don't know if they use all that information, but there are no secrets from them.

The only reason why you might want to avoid popularising something is because DE probably doesn't prioritise changing things that arent used much.

Edited by schilds