The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

April 2020 Riven Disposition Updates & PC Trading PSA

[DE]Connor

5 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

rivenerror.png?width=1386&height=614

can we honestly keep this system , i.e. no more riven trades

:cz_think_roll:

This is something I'd like for them to do, or at least limit it so you can only trade unrolled Rivens (With terrible out of the gate stats, but the first roll being free). Sadly, I don't think today' DE is the same DE that would make a financial compromise in the name game health like they did with Kubrow skin rolling years ago.

Is the list for melee weapons complete? There is no mention of the Gram (Prime). Jaw Sword got the stat stick nerf, what about Amphis et al?

The Miter change doesn't make any sense to me, Mutalist Quanta as well. I have to admit that I just leveled the latter one, that could probably explain some crazy upshot in usage.

Lastly, you introduce new weapons and most are immediately nerfed in disposition. Shedu nerfed, out of 16 Kuva weapons, 10 are nerfed, 1 is curiously buffed (and I feel the Hind is just an oversight). Baza Prime nerfed, Aksomati Prime nerfed. I predict the future and say Pangolin Prime will get nerfed next time. This seems like a bad pattern, of which the root cause (whatever that may be) should be addressed.

*to prevent savvy Riven traders on PC exploiting market knowledge, we are preventing the trading of Rivens on PC until we can hotfix in the disposition changes*

Khora Healing -> Exploit (despite being in tips)
Using a brain (if available ) to trade Rivens  -> Exploit  

This brings up two questions to a veteran,first of all,what is considered as exploit next?  doing a event or for this matter any mission too efficient and gaining more than a Mr0 that plays since 2 hours because one put it 6000 hours and probably knows the game better than the ones who develop it.
Secondly what is your definition of exploit,is it simply ,,positive for the player'' by now? 
[16:32]

31 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Riven mods are the embodiment of a time investment. Whether you work a full/part time job to buy Platinum, spend time trading for Platinum, or farm Kuva, you invest time into your Riven Mods in some fashion. We get it, Rivens are a balance fiasco. Most players gravitate towards rolling Riven Mods for weapons that are either new, good, or both. However, disposition as a mechanic fails to improve the health of Rivens, and it is just a crap-shoot from a balance perspective as well as a player time investment perspective. People will always use Rivens for inherently good weapons, and weapons such as Rubico Prime prove this. This mechanic has consistently failed since its inception years ago, and there will never be any long term benefit to these 90 day changes.

Can we please see the possible removal of disposition and see a weapons balance pass every 90 days or so? Shifting changes to actual weapon stats instead of the mods we invest in would not only benefit players, but create a healthier gear system. Investing in more gear in the game would be more appealing as the actual weapon would become more appealing, not just a mod that might be nerfed again later.

The separation of disposition between weapon variants is also quite terrible as your Riven Mod improves. The perfect example right from this thread is Aksomati Prime. The Prime variant of this weapon just received another slight nerf to the disposition compared to the vanilla weapon, yet the Prime itself is hardly an upgrade. This closes the gap in performance to an amount that makes it undesirable to even bother with a Prime variant of your favorite weapon. Why do I use Aksomati as an example? Here is why:

Aksomati:

unknown.png

Aksomati Prime:

unknown.png

Same Riven, same build. However, look how similar these weapons are in stats. This is before the Prime is losing another .05 on the disposition. This means my Prime weapon will not even hit 100% Critical Chance anymore. It just feels bad to invest into Rivens when this happens and discourages players with good Rivens to touch variant upgrades with slight status bonuses (which have been many recent variants lately).

Hopefully you understand (from an invested Riven user) why disposition is inherently flawed and would be better suited for removal with real weapon balance passes taking place. Please start respecting the investments of players more when it comes to their gear. Riven Mods outright take the cake on the largest investment into an optimal weapon setup, and disposition only hurts this from a healthy balance perspective.

because they created riven system for unpopular weapons.

2 minutes ago, --Q--FSK41 said:
*to prevent savvy Riven traders on PC exploiting market knowledge, we are preventing the trading of Rivens on PC until we can hotfix in the disposition changes*

Khora Healing -> Exploit (despite being in tips)
Using a brain (if available ) to trade Rivens  -> Exploit  

This brings up two questions to a veteran,first of all,what is considered as exploit next?  doing a event or for this matter any mission too efficient and gaining more than a Mr0 that plays since 2 hours because one put it 6000 hours and probably knows the game better than the ones who develop it.
Secondly what is your definition of exploit,is it simply ,,positive for the player'' by now? 

[16:32]

Pressing W and shift is an exploit 

I kind of wish you would just remove rivens entirely.  they're just a bait and switch system as they exist now you spend time and effort into farming for them farming the Kuva to put into them only to have their stats reduced over and over,  not to mention they entirely clogged tradechat. They're not needed and they're just serving to make people angry when their nerfed repeatedly.

9 minutes ago, ToKeSia said:

because they created riven system for unpopular weapons.

except they flat out admit they don't want unpopular weapons to be strong. they admit they don't want a "strange meta" as they say. that's a BS excuse, because they don't even respect their own system.

15 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

This is something I'd like for them to do, or at least limit it so you can only trade unrolled Rivens (With terrible out of the gate stats, but the first roll being free). Sadly, I don't think today' DE is the same DE that would make a financial compromise in the name game health like they did with Kubrow skin rolling years ago.

especially if you know whats going on with leyou and also its seeking to be bought out by a competitor 

Archived