Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear: 27.3.11

[DE]Megan

36 minutes ago, BloodRavenCap said:

Yeah, you could just say 'read the Wiki!', but come on, everything should be in the game and it should be transparent, so everyone can understand how to get things they want.

This does make sense to me... I agree that we shouldn’t need to look at the wiki to find all the drop-chance and loot tables.. I think it’d be great to be able to find info like this in-game instead of through an alt-tab. It also would help newer players greatly!

You shouldn’t have to read a Manual to play the game.

25 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Please consider removing Riven disposition and just balancing weapons every 90 days instead. It feels bad that the higher quality Riven you obtain for a weapon family, the less interesting and powerful the "better" variant feels.

As always, thank you for the hotfix.

This post I am betting will be unpopular. But for quite a few reasons this is not a good idea for Warframe and the disposition system is actually a very elegant solution to weapon balance.

The first and most obvious issue would be the manpower involved. I will not presume your experience in game development or working in a studio, but if you have you will have a good idea what I mean here. I am welcome to a full explanation but that should likely be it's own thread. In short, any change you make to an asset in game needs to go through QA. And particularly when you are doing balance work it's a labour intensive process since you need to have QA testers actually playing the game to get both objective and subjective results that further the fine tuning. Unlike QA testing for stability or collision for example where you can regiment the process to make it easier and more efficient. Disposition basically skips most of that because it's largely based on weapon popularity and use data so it's not entirely a balance equation. Additionally as rivens are largely end-game content it also means any testing you want to do only has to be done at high levels as you no longer have to worry about how does this change how the weapon handles with lower ranks and less optimal mod setups.

Secondly, as more of an extension to the last line in the previous paragraph, it's a smart way to balance our power for your end-game without causing any undue influence or frustration on less well equipped players. When you do more of a base-stats balancing of the weapon you don't just effect how the weapon handles at the high end. You also change how that handles for regular MR8 Joe who doesn't have every mod and a ton of rivens and kuva. If a weapon is seen to be too good and you decide to nerf it to bring it's power level down, Joe who maybe is already hitting his limits with lvl 30 Grineer will now find that he's having an even harder time. Only because you have a high end mod setup that completely breaks the weapon. And I don't have the user data as I'm not a DE employee, but I'm willing to bet somewhere around MR10 is a very common and average population for the game so that scenario isn't that unlikely.

Lastly and the reason you probably care least about but does still have a serious impact on how decisions are made. When DE sells new warframes/weapons, prime access packs, and prime vault packs for a rather considerable sum of money, if that content gets nerfed in 3 months or less because it's found to be too good you can bet you will have a bunch of angry disheartened consumers. And while this is a game we all love and enjoy playing, it's still good to remember this is a business and we don't get to play this game if DE can't continue to operate. What is nice about dispositions is that players arn't going to get rivens for the weapon right away, so even if a weapon is over-tuned there is a natural lag before that weapon is really seen to be grossly overpowered. So by the time balance comes around players will have had some time to play with it before it does get brought to heel. Keeping your customers happy and continuing to use your products and services is one of the core functions of a company. So gameplay and balancing decisions that have that risk to blow up in your face are usually avoided where possible.

I'm sure the designers at DE are very aware of these points but I felt it's good to know how and why some decisions are made. As a junior technical designer myself I find the system rather elegant and a very good solution to quite a few common problems with game balance in the industry.

So in summary: Be careful what you wish for.

I know you've all been busy trying to fix things, but can we also get a fix for Vauban's Bastile not working on Battalysts and Conculysts? This ability seems to work fine on most other Sentients like Symbolysts and Brachiolysts.

It would be nice if you could possibly see your way to balancing the points from the missions in scarlet spear, the space missions could not function without the ground crew and vice versa! 

Favouritism is glaringly obvious here, you would do well to please the players here, and I honestly cannot rationalize how this asinine decision is being continued.

Please, please fix this DE.

56 minutes ago, salustymo said:

I am the only one that when getting some engines appears m / s instead of km / h, got a vidar engines 51m/s and I think it should be “51km/h” just like everybody else

Everyone's displays in m/s. It was km/h when Railjack was released, but got changed in 27.1.0.

39 minutes ago, Valfaun said:

hm... strange, it still works for me. might not be a general bug then, which probably makes it more difficult to fix

No it has to do with who's host. Just tested it solo and it worked. And now I'm pissed that I can no longer slam combo with Crushing ruin without discharging my stack. I can't have 1 nice thing can I??

Who cares?????

Bad and repetitive event ... if you are able to play it and don't crash in the way. Just a different type of defense mission when you lose your time running from point A to point B.

Railjack? Whats the point of farming the "so talked about" ship? You just park it outside and play the mission inside another place. Space battles? Where is it? And after this DE will release a monstrous amount of arch wings (another endless farming) for what? Leaving RJ and entering another place? Just to go from point A to point B again? This is far beyond ridiculous.

Warframe golden age its gone.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed and disabled Exalted Weapon Rivens from generation. Any of these will be re-rolled on login. 

Nani? Why is this a thing? Are Exalted Weapons Rivens actually being discussed? Interesting... Can this be addressed in a future Dev Stream. Will there be Rivens for Warframes/Exalted Weapons/Companions in the future?

2 minutes ago, Nickstarship said:

Nani? Why is this a thing? Are Exalted Weapons Rivens actually being discussed? Interesting... Can this be addressed in a future Dev Stream. Will there be Rivens for Warframes/Exalted Weapons/Companions in the future?

What is the point? You will farm it like an idiot just to be nerfed to the ground some months later.

\o/ Titania fixes

4 hours ago, Wephrix said:

Titania still hitting enemies feet with her melee, i just want to play with titania, please, don't let her gameplay get ruined any longer plz DE plz plz plz :c

I basically accepted it at this point.

Stilll no fix for people not being able to host murex missions because the game thinks we don't have a railjack. Its kinda annoying that my maxed out RJ cannot be used in these missions and I'm stuck with people with slow ships with crappy guns with almost no health

1 hour ago, Alpacko said:

how about NOT capping intrinsic gain? u just rewarded the exploit users...

So that one guy got 10 soda cans for the price of one from the vending machine, then everyone should get 10, right? OF COURSE NOT! Exploits have to be fixed to prevent more people from exploiting them.

Archived