Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear: 27.3.11

[DE]Megan

il y a 3 minutes, HolySeraphin a dit :

Weird, the post says they fixed the index enemies.

"Fixed non-Sentient/Amalgam enemies being affected by diminishing returns when affected by Limbo’s Stasis. This specifically applies to enemies in the Index."

I just finish 2 party of index and we see, with my friend, some enemies moving instead of stasis. my friend play limbo and he cast it 2s before.......

16 hours ago, LemmingOfTheBDA said:

There was an bug on the very spammable crushing ruin block+w+e  combo that would cause the damage buff from the capacitor  to be applied to the slam but not actually consume the combo (I noticed those forward slam waves where really OP to the point of nuking really high level arbritation shield drone mobs like they were nothing, however the damage numbers are white and small so I never was able to read the actual damage) so instead of having the combos not realease the buff and leave it only for a couple (i always used the ground slam heavy attack) they now release the buff on all ground slams (heavy or not) which is really inconvenient since all hammer combos seem to have a ground slam at some point, so its almost impossible to use any combo without accidentally relasing the stack before you reach more than 3 or 4 kills. they should just leave the capacitor charge for the heavy ground slam

The highest Damage I did with a single slam was 14.5 billion. I loved it so much. They need to change it so the charges are only consumed after an ariel Slam. I want my Fun back. 

9 hours ago, Xepthrichros said:

The best part is that "Fits In" is already in the game. Seems like his game is stuck back in 20 or however many patches ago which still doesn't show it. 

It doesn't exist when you link a riven,only when you are rolling it.

It would be nice if you could take a look at the Operator Cosmetics. Some of the leg accessories don't adjust to the walking animation and instead have the legs clip through them while they just stick out at the back. Looks fine from behind but absolutely awful from any other angle. Quite frustrating, considering that you have to spend platinum on them without the choice to see these errors beforehand.

Titania Prime suffers from a series of visual issues that make her prime access umpalatable:

Razorwing skirt wings look bad and incomplete: it's seems there are missing articulation and energy effects similar to her razorflies: each "wing" is clearly made of

three overlapping parts, meant to spread open  with the huge void in between each part filled with the same effect used on her razorflies.

Deluxe skin by comparison is fenomenal: each section of the skirt spreads open for razorwing and has a gorgeous energy effect on the inside.

Front Skirt: Titania prime lost the two dangling parts on the tips of her skirt for two "side bananas" that look quite ugly and untextured..

It seems nearly they should be animated in razorwing to mimic some kind of canard wings and someone forgot to rig that.

Bad color separation:  her primary color corresponds to nearly 80% of the entire frame, it's frankly too much and really stifles customization;

Scarcity of gold accents/metallics on the body, most are on docked razorflies, this prime is less adorned/prime than its base version...

Things improve a bit with the solstice skin: it adds metallic areas on her secondary channel, and more emissive areas on the body...

Still, needing to apply a different skin to a new prime for better color separation and customization is embarassing to say the least.

Energy color instead of emissive on razorflies when they're docked on her body, it forces to choose between fashion and powers visibility: colors that would be

good for visibility on tribute are bad on her armour and viceversa;

Armour pieces fit:         Most cest armors fit badly and look strange, with most getting grotesquely upscaled, only one looking half decent is edo prime "grill"

Arm accessories have issues due to the shape of her shoulder guards, most pieces leave a visible gap or clip with the shoulder...

Legs accessories: most armour pieces that cover the front won't look good due to being too wide and not getting rescaled;

Left nidina leg plates look particularly bad due to upper leg plate ending positioned on the skirt.

Chest emblem placement is a mess as well due to most chest emblems sinking literally in her cleavage...

Noble animation "walking" looks like crap: it's evidently repurpuosed from wisp animations with less hips swinging, "feels" and looks stiff and incomplete as if lacks

animation frames here and there and the fact that her skirt wings don't do anything, don't open, don't spread, it really needs refining.

Dash, rolling and other maneuvers look bad due to transitioning back to standard walking animations

Exalted weapons: Diwata prime appears virtually identical to her standard version while dex pixia prime simply lost their side flanges... no option of using her standard skins

Prime Helmet: this is the only point were DE really nailed things compared to her standard version

Glad I farmed her instead of buyng prime access because compared to her deluxe version this really feels half assed and incomplete think also about the difference in price!

Dear DE, could please say if you are going to add more stuff to Little Duck's Scarlet Spear event shop, or not.

Currently we've mostly given up on Scarlet Spear, due to the bugs & problems when trying to play with friends, or because some of us doesn't need any arcanes (all already maxed). So if the shop will stay as it currently is, it's fine and we won't farm more Scarlet Credits and maybe do something else instead. However, if you suddenly and surprisingly add more stuff to shop with half or less time left in the event, it will seriously p*ss us off. And I do mean really seriously, like f*ck you right back seriously. So if you plan on adding more stuff, or if you plan to leave the shop content as it is, please just be upfront about it and TELL us. Now. After all this, we really deserve to know what the rewards are (or might be) if we are going to do more Scarlet Spear.

As a casual player who never cared about endgame much but now wants to get some arcanes, reading about this event on the forums has been kind of scary.

Me and my wife want to try it but we don't want to be subjected to all those bugs. Hope they will be fixed soon.

I admit, I haven't read every single comment on here for this patch, so this may be repetitive:

War Hilts and War Blades just do not seem to be dropping at all (or at the very least, not at their posted drop rates).  I play two different accounts (one MR 21, and this one MR 15).  I've run up close to 100,000 points in Scarlet Spear on both accounts.  So far both accounts have killed literally hundreds of Conculysts and Aerolysts combined, over these three weeks.  Not one time have I gotten either item to drop.  I realize their drop chances are both 1/2% (0.5%), but even with that, by now, I should have accidentally had at least one drop across both accounts.

Add to this, I've killed at least a hundred more of the Conculysts on Lua in the months preceding Scarlet Spear, and I've only seen on blade drop.  I'm not exagerating when I say that I firmly believe I've killed between 400-500 COnculysts/Aerolysts over the course of the last three months in Lua and now Scarlet Spear... one blade... it's just not right to make these parts THIS insanely impossible to gather up.  At this rate, my 12 year old son will graduate High School before I complete both weapons.

PLEASE give the drop table for those parts another review, make sure they're actually dropping, and for the love of all that is right with the universe... please up the drop chances on those two parts to something reasonable resembling 'fair' (0.5% drop chance on an uncommon mob is NOT fair.

I feel like the status Shield gating rework is cucking the game. Because, going up against low level enemies you can kill them but they cant kill you because of [Status Shield Gating Fix], making it feel like you have god-mode on. But then going against higher level enemies, you can sorta kill them but they can 1 shot you. On top of this what i also notice is, most warframe abilities are useless at higher levels as well. For example, when putting heat, electric, Rad, Corr, etc on an enemy, there shield will just keep regening. However, hitting them with toxin bypasses shield an goes start to health, killing not just them instantly, but you as well.

This is why i keep saying Remove Shield From The Game. This way you can focus more on Armor etc, to do higher end missions, and things like Oberon's 3 can be more useful / beneficial. But wait, if Shield does get removed,what happens to the default X amount of shield? Well, For Example, say a warframe has a default of 300 Shield an 150 Health, that 300 Shield will be combined with the Health, making it from 150 to 450 default Health. And with it being Health only instead of Shield an Health, you can then properly balance weapon, enemy an warframe damage a cross the board, as well as Armor.  

9 hours ago, Graavarg said:

Dear DE, could please say if you are going to add more stuff to Little Duck's Scarlet Spear event shop, or not.

Currently we've mostly given up on Scarlet Spear, due to the bugs & problems when trying to play with friends, or because some of us doesn't need any arcanes (all already maxed). So if the shop will stay as it currently is, it's fine and we won't farm more Scarlet Credits and maybe do something else instead. However, if you suddenly and surprisingly add more stuff to shop with half or less time left in the event, it will seriously p*ss us off. And I do mean really seriously, like f*ck you right back seriously. So if you plan on adding more stuff, or if you plan to leave the shop content as it is, please just be upfront about it and TELL us. Now. After all this, we really deserve to know what the rewards are (or might be) if we are going to do more Scarlet Spear.

If you are referring to the gold arcanes, they have already hinted the addition from the early updates of the event.

Scarlet Spear: Hotfix 27.3.1

Scarlet Spear Clarity + FAQ:
How does the Scarlet Spear Credit Trade store work?

Everything you see there will be there for the whole event. Nothing is getting rotated out.

We are Adding more Arcanes to complete the collection.

That being said, it was mentioned briefly on 25th of March so it is extremely easy to miss this, especially with the bugs flying around at the time. 😛

My guess was that DE expected things to go as planned and only implement the gold arcanes once people finished grinding through the rest of the inventory. Kind of like a surprise drop to rekindle peoples' interest. Unfortunately, the server issues of oplink came about with the home quarantine factors which made it appear like a band aid.

Citation

Fixed non-Sentient/Amalgam enemies being affected by diminishing returns when affected by Limbo’s Stasis. This specifically applies to enemies in the Index.

Oh, so that's what was going on. I noticed something was off when Index enemies started to just flat-out ignore stasis. Certainly made nightwave harder.

On 2020-04-10 at 12:32 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Refined the logic that decides when to direct crashes to https://www.warframe.com/en/memory or to our bug database.

Could you please be so kind and refine the logic that decides when to remove nitain alerts and put a level cap of 5 onto the nightwave rank as well? Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor logic.

On 2020-04-09 at 7:32 PM, Voltage said:

Please consider removing Riven disposition and just balancing weapons every 90 days instead. It feels bad that the higher quality Riven you obtain for a weapon family, the less interesting and powerful the "better" variant feels.

As always, thank you for the hotfix.

Given that riven disposition being an easy balancing knob was the entire marketing point for rivens then I'd argue to just remove Rivens entirely.

1.) When Warframes get knocked down, they don't jump back to their feet like they usually do. They stay down until you spam some buttons. Even with Handspring equipped.
2.) Not sure if just bad farming luck: Eris, Xini should reward the Axi T5, which so far is the only relic that refused to drop in the whole rotation from that table. Is it correctly set to drop?
3.) Like someone else already asked: Are War pieces correctly dropping?

vor 8 Stunden schrieb HolySeraphin:

Then just remove their extra points, since it was not an intentional design. But then we would have those players that say "DE doesn't respect my time".

But regardless if a thief /exploiter is punished or not, the exploit still has to be fixed, that's how laws work.

no one cares about the exploit. they re blocking us from progressing further - 4 what reason? 

release command perk or raise the cap!

15 hours ago, SebastianSommer said:

My guess was that DE expected things to go as planned and only implement the gold arcanes once people finished grinding through the rest of the inventory. Kind of like a surprise drop to rekindle peoples' interest.

Yes, unfortunately that is also our guess, and what we're a bit afraid of. Letting everyone burn their interest out and then, "surprise!". But that is not how you show loyalty to gamers that themselves loyally play your game. Fool me once..., and so on.

And thanks for the info, but we're in the loop on this one.

For those wondering about the rewards, maybe take a look back at the posts.

DE initially released the content, cosmetics, and bronze/silver arcanes because they didn't want exploits potentially in this event to cause a farming rush.  It could be viewed as a test to determine what was broken and prevent rewarding "exploits," or it could be viewed as DE making sure people keep playing.  As only 5 arcanes are not currently available (arbitration drops), I'd hazard to say that the event is going to continue along without additional changes or rewards unless there's an event planned.  As we're down to a couple of weeks, and they didn't even plan for that long, it's not a great bet either.

This said...I think the only more depressing event in my memory was Dog Days.  The depression comes not from the broken mechanics and bugs, though these are concerns, but from the nutty levels of grind.  One run in railjack is 3960 points.  That means you have to do 8 total Murex (either 4-4 or 5-3) at a minimum to get the maximum extra credits.  It makes no sense to minimize, so to get the reward you generally get 7920 credits+10000 if you succeed.  If that plows into the platinum arcanes you've won about 4 per 3 hours of time.  That's 5 full runs to max a single platinum arcane, or 15 hours.  3 of them, so 45 hours if you start with nothing.  

Is it better than the Eidolon farm?  Absolutely.  Grind for the Murex, get intrinsics, get avionics, and get arcanes.  The issue here is that after weeks of grind I've received a grand total of one sentient scalpel avionic.  Still looking for that other rare breach based one, but with 150000+ Dirac sitting around there's literally nothing rewarding from the missions themselves either.  Yay, Shedu parts drop and so do War parts.  Yeah, the drop rate is still a fractional percentage, so I've seen one piece of War and now have about 7 Shedu's in inventory.  After 5+ years of play I still can't make a Broken War, and the Shedu is just underwhelming for the grind.

So, let's review.  The content released buggier than usual, and to this day is often still buggy.  The rewards are a recycle of the Eidolon hunts, improved only in that they don't require RNG luck.  You've decided to nerf Khora and Limbo permanently, because they've become meta for an event.  Likewise, the riven status for the Paracesis has been decreased, due to a huge uptick in usage because of an event focusing on sentients.  After all of this, it's just not a fun event because you've time gated and created a forced stop at 100 Murex.  If you can't start the event nearly at the start of the cycle you might as well not participate because starting with 40+/100 Murex likely means you can't complete the 8 you need as a minimum.  

I know there are partners moving to the door.  I know these partners are critical as a marketing arm, and most of them cannot permanently leave Warframe because their views crater due to the dedicated community.  This being said, Railjack is still a steaming mess of bugs.  Liches are not fun because of the grind.  You've spent significantly more time on this intermission than all the official stories for Nightwave.  It's been weeks since Nightwave mattered, because credits cannot continue to be earned.  Maybe all of this is pointing towards something that you should review going forward. 

If I were in a position to discuss solutions I'd suggest you get a handle on scope, and promises.  The Deadlock Protocol and Glassmaker are the next things on the agenda.  It might be time to retire NIghtwave intermission.  You run a short term event, and call it "Prologue to Intrigue" or something similar.  Offer a few resource (slots, forma, etc...), a couple of cosmetics, and a unique mod.  Since it'll presumably only be 6-8 weeks have 15 levels of rewards, and allow earning up to 60 ranks so people can grind to their heart's content without being capped.  This buys you time to finish the Scarlet Spear, and gives some breathing room for Deadlock and Glassmaker.  If the content for both is lackluster, plow time into development.  If it's already alpha, then polish that stuff and spend time making Railjack less ponderous.  A developed beta for Deadlock, rather than a barely alpha, would offer a lot of reasons for the people who are still having technical issues to come back.

What about partners?  I'm at a loss here.  They're paid functionally by social media platforms, selling the things you provide them.  You provide them virtual goods, which can be replicated infinitely at virtually no cost, so the investment is low.  Why not use them for more?  Delay the updates a week, and have them run through the content as free QA testers.  On day 1 they can put out videos, and you get feedback from players in the wild.  It isn't a perfect solution, but partners have seen this game for years.  They'd identify simple mechanical bugs (remember the videos of Dog Days where people killed one enemy then hid and went AFK because the grind was miserable otherwise?), generate a lot of day 1 visibility, but most importantly the gesture would offer them a reason to come back even if the partner discord feels otherwise not utilized.  Yeah, I think you're not using your free labor fully.  They can't replace QA, but they play the game and could significantly improve real world feedback before you pop out an update that immediately requires 2-3 hotfixes.  They could even have called out the Venari issue, because right now it doesn't seem like a lot of devs are playing the game.  It seems like there's a desired statistical model and distribution being pursued, and if the numbers don't match the desire levers are being pulled without a lot of consideration.  

As a side note, the Limbo nerf is a joke.  It penalizes builds with maximum range, but builds focusing on maximum duration and decent range largely get to kill sentients before casting time stop a second time.  That is, of course, assuming they don't just ignore the rift.  Maybe before you decide to make permanent changes you can try to understand the genesis.  Personally, it'd have been better for you to introduce a field in the Murex, that locked abilities if recast multiple times.  Think ESO/SO, where Simaris locks abilities.  This gives you a cannon reason (inside a sentient tileset that is evolving), doesn't just single out a couple of frames, and would force some thought.  The Venari thing is silly, so maybe somebody can cycle through the loading messages and clean them up?  It would definitely be a good refresher of what you are communicating to players, given that corrosive no longer permanently strips armor and some of the other messages are maybe in need of verification.

As a new player I am very disappointed by this event. I have worked through the missions, being helped along by friends and helpful players, only to find I can't spend the over 25,000 points I've earned to buy blueprints because they are mastery locked. I can understand not allowing them to be built by players of a mastery level, but can see no reason to limit players from buying them to use later. Please change it so that lower ranked players can buy the blueprints that are the main new release for this event.

On 2020-04-11 at 10:21 AM, Silescere said:

2.) Not sure if just bad farming luck: Eris, Xini should reward the Axi T5, which so far is the only relic that refused to drop in the whole rotation from that table. Is it correctly set to drop?

It is indeed bad luck. I've got a few Axi T5's from Xini so far.

Archived