Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1-2 weeks of no Nightwave after May 3rd

Vit0Corleone

Just heard from [DE]Helen on the Warframe twitch stream.

Once the Nightwave Intermission ends May 3, there will be a waiting period of 1 to 2 weeks before we get Glassmaker.

Thought I'd share here, since I haven't heard anything official besides her comment on stream

Edit: Just adding this here, as some people were wondering if this is true:

Edited by Vit0Corleone
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Was  expected

I don't see the point of stopping one Nighwave, denying the option to finish it for recent players that haven't completed it yet, and then having 2 weeks of no NW without access to things like Nitain.

Could just extend the current one until Glassmaker is ready, that would make a lot more sense IMHO.

• Like 37

3 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I don't see the point of stopping one Nighwave, denying the option to finish it for recent players that haven't completed it yet, and then having 2 weeks of no NW without access to things like Nitain.

Could just extend the current one until Glassmaker is ready, that would make a lot more sense IMHO.

There was week break between season and intermission before, thats why is not unexpected

Edited by Myscho
  • Like 6

Its not like they just left Nightwave out of their schedule

Its not like intermissions lasted 4 times that it should have

Its not like season 3 was ment to launch like a month ago

Spoiler

I understand COVID19 had an impact but it still feels like they were really close to launching it when they announced it. If I remember correctly it was to be launched within short time of Scarlet Spear

• Like 4

The organisation/time management at DE is absolutely shocking and I have no idea why DE even thought doing 'nightwaves' was a good idea in the first place, it's not like they're known for hitting deadlines at the best of times.  Considering how intermission was basically 3 months longer than it should have been there should be no gap between it and nightwave 3....

IMO nightwave 3 wasn't even started until recently and so I can see this '2 weeks' of nothingness being extended so I guess we'll be seeing them relying on alerts again like the last time... I suppose we'll see grendel's alt helmet, nitain etc popping up this time. 

• Like 11

53 minutes ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

Best stock up on nitain then.

Nailed it, been buying nothing else for quite some time... so the break will be fine.

I appreciate the OP posting, I didn't know May 3 was the end date.

They should just let nightwave stay up until the next one is ready.

Does any other game with a battle pass just decided to lock everyone out of it?

I see absolutely no positive argument to take it down, we already have a max rank which many people hit, there's no way anyone would gain a great advantage of having yet other extension of a few weeks.

• Like 11

I think the reasons they want to give people a break period is because they want to curb burnout..... problem there is that Nightwave isn't just tied to cosmetic fluff, it's tied to things that have mechanical value in the game like Reactors, Catalysts and Alertium Nightwavium. Things players actually might need to do the thing they want to do during the forced hiatus. 

So at the very least I hope DE is prepared to dredge up an alerts system to cover the game in the interim.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

I see absolutely no positive argument to take it down, we already have a max rank which many people hit, there's no way anyone would gain a great advantage of having yet other extension of a few weeks.

It does beg the question of “Why a break?”, doesn’t it 🤔 

Personally, I would be surprised if they hadn’t considered the option of letting the intermission run right up to release of the next episode, which makes me wonder if there’s some non-obvious reason for the break that we as gamers have no idea about (since we know nothing about their challenges faced aside from some devstreams)

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Nah, known for years to be fair but they just seem to be getting even worse

DE really needs to just dedicate more people to specific projects, instead of having everyone doing a little bit of everything. Granted, I don't work for DE, so I don't know how everything is working per se, but it keeps sounding like they have too few people doing too many things at once.

If you're going to add continuous content, you need a team just for it. Nightwave will, and has, sucked up a lot of dev time. I think DE underestimated just how time-consuming Nightwave would actually be as a system, and while it's a great concept, the execution has been ... less than preferable. 

I'm not necessarily expecting cinematic Nightwave every three months or something, but I would say they could at least add more to the rewards (Relics, Forma, etc). People won't mind if Nightwave stretches for as long if there's more in the rewards for everyone, or at the very least, they won't mind as much.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

This. They need to take players who needs nitain on consideration, since it's literally the only reliable way to get them rioght now (because there is no gouhls and nitain caches on lua aren't a reliable source). I wish they stop doing this, even more if we consider all the drama surrounding the game right now.

• Like 1

None of you would give a S#&$ about Glassmaker if there wasn't a break. I guarantee if there was no break, there'd be endless *@##$ing about endless night wave like we have with Alerts, Invasions, and the previous Nightwave that went on for too long. There's not even any mechanical difference between the nightwaves, it's usually the same thing, just random challenges as you go about your normal missions. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (NSW)Reason said:

None of you would give a S#&$ about Glassmaker if there wasn't a break. I guarantee if there was no break, there'd be endless *@##$ing about endless night wave like we have with Alerts, Invasions, and the previous Nightwave that went on for too long. There's not even any mechanical difference between the nightwaves, it's usually the same thing, just random challenges as you go about your normal missions. 

It's the rewards.... when you hit rank 30, let alone rank 60 there isn't much in the rewards that we haven't had already... at least with a new nightwave there is possibly new rewards in the first 30 ranks.. 

• Like 3